SV OU Weavile + Heatran Balance. Peak Top #35 (Elo #1912)

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.

Blood Eclipse

:sv/Dragapult: :sv/Heatran: :sv/Great Tusk: :sv/Amoonguss: :sv/Weavile: :sv/Enamorus:

The year is 2023, and a once staple of the previous metagame has fallen to depths never before seen. Tired of being relegated again and again to theory crafting, it decides to step into someone's builder to craft the composition that would bring it grace again. After a teambuilding session longer than I would like to admit, here it is for all of you the return of Weavile a top meta threat. This would culminate in its usage in an Scl game in which by noone's sourprise, it won.

1.Peak

1697380486602.png
This is as high as I've gotten the team in these 10 days of testing. However as shown in the picture below, my friend Savouras has achieved a top 35 with it.
1697380536907.png

2.Team and Description

1697383756827.png

Bat hunter 101

Staple of the two metagames it has taken part of he is back for all you. Gliscor being the top 8th most used pokemon asked for this so badly. Hex Dragapult is back from Pre-Home meta to abuse the absurd usage of Gliscor. Spread provides the best role vs Clefable in case they are Spedef to ensure a 2hitko with Tera Ghost Hex. Furthermore, twave helps massively vs Ho teams providing necessary speed control to the team as well. Boots are preferred over Leftovers since most of the time you don't stay in vs anyone to use them.

236 SpA Tera Ghost Dragapult Hex (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Clefable: 180-214 (45.6 - 54.3%) -- 4.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
20 Atk Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Blissey: 540-636 (75.6 - 89%) -- approx. 2HKO
236 SpA Tera Ghost Dragapult Hex (130 BP) vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 292-344 (82.9 - 97.7%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

1697383720360.png

Where does the balloon stick to?

Honestly an insane sleeper in the current Iron Moth heavy meta. Provides insane amounts of utility vs Dragonite, Gliscor, and the mentioned Iron Moth. Ballon Tera Flying is to be able to trap all types of Gliscor running around. It also serves as a great lead vs Aurora Veli Ho and Webs Ho since it can eliminate the leads in just 1 moveslot at least 75% of the time. Wow provides further utility by being able to spread status for Dragapult and stop threats such as Tusk, Kingambit, and Dragonite if ballon is kept intact. Leftovers while another solid option, wont be used most of the time since we live in a switch offense heavy meta in which baloon provides amazing utility.

176+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 244 HP / 12 SpD Gliscor: 213-252 (60.5 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Poison Heal, and trapping damage
176+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 244 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 148-175 (42 - 49.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock, Poison Heal, and trapping damage
176+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Ninetales-Alola through Light Screen: 171-202 (48.9 - 57.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and trapping damage

1697383673820.png

I dislike theatre

The explanation is needed to fulfill the rules so here it is. Max attack adamant helps vs Ogerpon-Wellspring, Gliscor, Dragonite, and Zapdos providing almost an OHKO after stealth rock with Close Combat vs the first and a minimum of 85% vs the second one. Rest is pretty simple like with all Tusks, Earthquake allows for perfect coverage over a Knock Off option which would make Weavile's one weaker.

252+ Atk Great Tusk Ice Spinner vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 240-284 (68.1 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
252+ Atk Great Tusk Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 252-297 (83.7 - 98.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

1697383574078.png

Hello *gets hit* Have a nice day bud!

Glue to rule them all. After having Weavile and Heatran on the team a proper Water and Fighting resist, Amoonguss fitted like a glove then. Provides a nice pivot to pokemons such as Gholdengo while threatening to hit them for big damage with Stomping Tantrum as well as hitting an unsuspecting Iron Moth hard. Tera Normal was picked over something like Tera Water or Steel since the team could be heavily chipped down by the usage of Shadow Ball from Dragapult and Gholdengo which if played correctly, could pose a threat to the team. Spore can also provide crucial setup turns to allow a clean sweep from Weavile which only needs one clean turn vs most of the teams in the meta.

1697391156867.png

*Misses a hit and dies*

Star of the show and true sleeper pick for this meta we got the Ice Titan. Since it lost Axel and Knock Off at the beginning of the gen it has hit a new low in its career. Since the DLC it has recovered from one of those things which was enough to get it under my radar. With this set, you have strong priority and a lot of sweeping potential with minimal chip. With Tera Ice you can do upwards of 70% to Tera Flying Roaring Moon and even 2hitko a phisdef Clef with Icicle Crash and Tera as well as pick up some nice 2 shots vs things like Corvinight and Tusk with some chip. And even if it dosent have an amazing mu,like vs a Dondozo team, it wont care. It can allways Knock Off its checks and be a threat to the opposing team by pasivelly chipping them down. The 50/50s that it can cause can get ridiculous really fast.

252 Atk Never-Melt Ice Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Great Tusk: 188-224 (43.3 - 51.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Never-Melt Ice Tera Ice Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 184-218 (46.7 - 55.3%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Never-Melt Ice Tera Ice Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Flying Roaring Moon: 264-312 (75.2 - 88.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Never-Melt Ice Tera Ice Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 146-174 (36.5 - 43.6%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

1697393255253.png

Gimme a kiss don't worry nothing will happen

Last pokemon had to be a Ground Immunity since so far we lacked any way to defend against opposing Great Tusk if balloon was popped. Since the DLC has dropped I've seen less and less of this pokemon and honestly, I don't know why. Since then, Corvinight who was the only solid check to it has fallen in usage giving it a nice niche as a support sweeper. With a +1 boost, it can easily claim some big holes in the opposing team and once it has done its job, Healing Wish up someone in the team since it lacks good long-term recovery. Tera Steel is used to force a 50/50 vs a +1 Roaring Moon and tanking a potential Moonblast from Iron Valiant.

3. Teambuilding Process

Heatran was added first since it was the original star of the show funnily enough. As for why no Cinderace, appart from not beeing a proper hazard control for the later added Weavile, Iron Moth is such a menace in this meta that i whould eb dumb if I werent using it. After that, we noted the synergy it had with Dragapult given the status spam so it was added next. Tusk needs no explanation given since if we went with a Gliscor build, we would be pretty weak to Kingambit who whould have to be checked by our Heatran which is not sustainable long term. Amoonguss as mentioned provided a solid pivot and had a good defensive synergy with Heatran sharing no common weaknesses. As well as that it helped vs all the special attackers Heatran would typically deal with if it was defensive which we considered at the beginning but ditched since it didn't work well in testing. Weavile was a crazy pick at first since it is still RU at this point but it worked really well with Heatran since they could double hard on each other counters and chip them down hard with things like Knock off and WoW. Furthermore, Weavile has a nice benefit vs an Ho focused meta given its stron priority and it has a phenomenal mu vs the ever so common Grass Spam teams. Enamorus last since there was no way we would get a good team without a way to switch into Great Tusk in any capacity and helped longevity with Healing Wish which can change the course of a batlle in a single turn.

4. Usage Tips

The way you are meant to play vs most offensive teams is tricky. Depending on Glimora/Ribombee HO or Ninetails-A HO you have to decide who you lead with. Most of the time Heatran unless you need the balloon heavyly, can trap 2/3 leads and get rocks up for free vs Ninetails. Vs Daragapult will 2-shot it with Dragon Darts and you just hav to pivot into Amoonguss to remove the Toxic Spikes. When facing Zamazenta watch out when Red Card is used, given it is the best way to deal with it (Infiltrator Dragapult could be used for this but it's risky as a first option). Most other teams with Gliscor can be abused since Heatran can simply trap it for free each time it comes in. Given it's an offense-oriented team you have to make sure you make your doubles aggressively and set up the win cons bit by bit. Think ahead and if you get tilted by the misses just take a break you'll thank me later, trust me.

5. Replays

6. Threat List

As mentioned in the tips section Ho is tricky and to top it up there is Roaring Moon. This dude is busted like it was in Shed Tail meta so be worried about it and try get rocks up, and never Tera Tusk for Moon if there is a Kingambit in the back because you will trade your check to one for the other. Manaphy is also tricky but not unwinnable. There is always if possible the option to just tera Amoonguss and force it out or use Dragapult and Weavile to chip it down. Sun, while not as popular as it was Pre-Home it has a chance to get supper hard, Walking Wake. It's hard so chip with rocks and smart pivots with Amoonguss will be necessary.

7. Shoutouts

Savouras again bud, thanks for the amazing teambuilding sessions, and let's keep putting this meta in shambles!!!

8.Team Importable and Outro

Thanks for the long read bud because I'm sure you did (wink-wink) have fun using the team on the ladder and if you have questions about the way the team is meant to work hit me up in the comments and I'll be sure to answer.

https://pokepast.es/0af275fcb6bc679c

Last edited:
Ngl this team is schnasty, I’ve seen quite a few people using this for reqs. Only problem is that this team is named blood eclipse without BM…

Great team! I’m building a similar build rn (Tusk + Heatran + Pult core, other three mons are similar roles but different mons). I notice Ice can be a big weakness for these cores, particularly a Greninja with Ice Beam. How did you deal with threats like that? Just lean heavily on Heatran and a well-timed Tera?

TheSergio235

Banned deucer.
Great team! I’m building a similar build rn (Tusk + Heatran + Pult core, other three mons are similar roles but different mons). I notice Ice can be a big weakness for these cores, particularly a Greninja with Ice Beam. How did you deal with threats like that? Just lean heavily on Heatran and a well-timed Tera?
Mostlly Amoonguss in my team whould do that since it can very well just tera and gain a valuable neutrality to said types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)