Weather protest!Defiance. Annihilation. Vengeance. Elite = D.a.v.E

Defiance. Annihilation. Vengeance. Elite = D.a.v.E

Hey guys. I’m D.a.v.E. I’ve been on smogon for a while now. And I have come to know the tiers really well. And I have made a team. This is my first RMT, so I hope this is ok. This team is based on defeating weather, due to the fact that weather is now dominant, or to me it is. My pokes are based on countering the three most common weather types – Rain, Sand and sun. Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks! I would like to thank DEMo_Gorogn47 for his help in making this RMT.

Team at a glance

The team process

Ok. My team process is slightly different. I based this team on countering most forms of weather. Tentacruel and Jolteon are for countering Rain. Landorus and Breloom are for sand. Finally, heatran and Tentacruel are for Sun. Jirachi is for sun and rain.

Jolteon has now been swapped out for Rotom-W due to a huge ground weakness.

Jirachi has now been swapped out for Scizor to deal with most threats, as suggested by king of blades.

The team in detail

Scizor (M) @ Life orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Att/ 4 Def
Moves: Roost, Bullet punch,Bug bite, Pursuit

Scizor, the latest addition to my team. Scizor fills a hole that meant some pokes could run through my team, mostly latios and latias and Mamoswine. A bulky variant means it can take hits and deal 'um back twice as hard. Bug bite and bullet punch both get STAB and technician boost, which is great. Roost is for recovering health lost by taking hits and life orb. Pursuit hits pokes on the switch and Latios,Latias and other psychic pokes.​

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Nature: bold
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Sp.D
Ability: Toxic heal
Moves: Scald, Toxic Spikes, Rapid spin, Protect.

Ah, Tentacruel. My perfect wall for rain teams. A great natural special bulk and when combined with defence EV’s and a defence boosting nature, it can take hits for days. Scald is for dealing decent damage and burns. Toxic spikes are for getting a bit more damage on Pokémon that want to sweep. An offensive politoed using hydro pump with modest nature, choice specs and 252 sp.att EV’s does 44% - 51.9% to my tentacruel. Focus blast does 19.5% - 23.1%. Tentacruel can take hits and protect to heal tons of it off and scout for moves. Rapid spin is for getting rid of all entry hazards. Tentacruel also does well against sun teams. Ninetales using fire blast with choice specs, timid nature and 252 sp.att does 16.8% - 19.8%. A 6HKO. That’s an amazing tank. This Pokémon is essential to my team. However, suggestions for new moves or EV’s are welcome.

Breloom (F) @ Toxic orb
Nature: Careful
EV's: 236 HP/ 212 Sp.D/ 40 Spd
Ability: Toxic heal
Moves: Spore, Bulk up, Drain punch, Seed bomb.

Breloom is an underrated tank in my opinion. With a fantastic ability and the capability to sweep, it can easily set up to plus 1 or 2, thanks to spore. Then drain punch is for healing off and damage taken whilst trying to spore. Seed bomb is STAB and hits pokes hard. It’s mainly for sand teams. However, I am willing to trade out Breloom for another Pokémon or change the set.

Heatran (M) @ Air balloon
Nature: Timid
EV's: 252 sp.att/ 4 Sp.D/ 252 Spd
Ability: Flash fire
Moves: Fire blast, Earth power, Hidden power (Ice), Stealth rock.

My answer to sun teams. Running Heatran stops Pokémon like Choice specs Ninetales that are lured in by Breloom. Earth power also hits other Heatrans and other fire types. Running balloon means that he can do well against Choice scarf Landorus’. It also helps switch it in and set up stealth rocks. Life orb is also possible, and stealth rocks can be switched, for what I don’t know. HP Ice has now been run over Grass to stop Dragonites setting up and sweeping.

Latias (F) @ Life orb
Nature: Modest
EV's: 152 HP/ 176 sp.att/ 180 Spd
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Psyshock, Surf, Recover, Draco meteor

Thanks to motagua for this suggestion and set. Latios acts as a tank for my team. Great special defence combined with recovery and a great movepoll and 110 base special attack, it is perfect for the role of stopping both rain and sun. Sand brings up some minor problems but other than that, its a tank that keeps on roleing down a river.

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf

Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 att/4 sp.att/252 Spd
Ability: Sand force

Moves: Earthquake, Stone edge, Hidden power (Ice), U-Turn.

Teh Powah!!!!!!!!! This Pokémon is a power house. Capable of 2 or 3HKO-ing most of the OU tier. Choice is for out speeding most pokes. Earthquake is STAB and hits like a truck. Stone edge gets great coverage with Earthquake. U-Turn for scouting. HP Ice for Gliscor mainly, but also Dragon types like Dragonite. Not much else to say really...

Threat list –

Conkeldurr – Still hits my team. Nothing to hit it with for SE damage. Heatran gets destroyed. Bullet punch does a bit but without any bulk up boosts.

Virizion – Deals damage and hits hard. Heatran can’t stop it. HP Ice wrecks Landorus.

Zapdos - Toxic hits half of my pokes. Paralyze stops Heatran and Scizor from sweeping.

Tyranitar - A major pest to my Latias and Heatran. Pursuit means I cannot switch without losing my latias and Earthquake will hit my Heatran hard after his balloon has popped. Breloom can deal with physical TTar, but not special. Same with scizor.

Gengar - Latias is hit hard and sub + disable is annoying. Scizor can kill it but HP Fire means running a risk.

Closing Statements

Thanks for reading this. Hope it’s good. I will take any criticism, be it good or bad. I am willing to swap out Jolteon, Jirachi and Breloom. So suggestions please. =] Thanks to Lasers, King of Blades, Mupa97 and Motagua for your suggestions

Okay, this team is super weak to ground. To aid this, I would get rid of Jolteon for Rotom, who gives you another immunity.

Landorus would be able to out-speed first turn and terrakion would not be able to OHKO unless it used swords dance, which next turn it would die. With sand Landorus would probably 1hko

Tentacruel does not get toxic heal, nor is toxic heal an ability (the one you're thinking of is probably poison heal).
I would suggest running liquid ooze, as it allows you to severely damage calm mind virizion when it uses giga drain.
In the counters list, under mamoswine, you said this: Jolteon gets killed by an Earthquake, as does Jolteon. yeah. I don't have to tell you why that's bad.
One important thing to do is to change heatran's hidden power to ice. Seeing as how you have breloom, water types shouldn't be too much of a problem. It will also help you actually hit dragonite when you are stuck in a bad situation involving dragonite and dragon dances.

As for the Jirachi, I suggest replacing it with scizor.
Scizor's STAB bullet punch will help destroy mamoswine, gengar, and alakazam, as well as picking off weakened sweepers and u-turning/bug biting pesky lati@ses and virizion (before boosts) into oblivion.
The set should look something like this:

Item: Leftovers / Life Orb / Occa Berry | Ability: Technician
Moveset EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~ Pursuit / U-turn
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite
~ Roost

In the first slot, considering the fact this is not a swords dance set, u-turn is perfectly viable if you think the switching effect will give you an advantage. If not, pursuit is great for trapping stuff like gengar or alakazam if you predict a switch.
In the second slot, bullet punch is obligatory STAB and is the main reason why scizor is so good.

In the third slot, bug bite is another obligatory STAB and is a good thing to use if you don't need priority, seeing as how it is scizor's most powerful viable move.

In the fourth slot, roost is great as it allows you to constantly annoy the aforementioned problems it counters/checks because whatever damage they do when you switch in will start adding up, and if you can stay alive, they won't be able to do much to your team with the threat of scizor looming in the back.

Some calculations done with the damage calculator, showcasing scizor's power against your team's major threats that you have listed.
252 Atk adamant technician boosted bug bite vs 252 HP virizion: 54.7% - 64.8%, a guaranteed 2hko. Assuming you hold life orb, following up with bullet punch instead of another bug bite will still 2hko.
252 Atk adamant technician boosted bullet punch vs 4 HP alakazam: 80.2% - 94.4%. With life orb, is is a guaranteed 1hko.
252 Atk adamant technician boosted bullet punch vs 4 HP gengar: 62.2% - 73.7%, a guaranteed 2hko. With life orb and stealth rock, there is a chance for a 1hko.
252 Atk adamant technician boosted bullet punch vs 252 hp mamoswine: 71.8% - 85.1%, a guaranteed 2hko. With life orb and stealth rock, there is a good chance for a 1hko.
252 Atk adamant technician boosted bullet punch vs 252 HP latias: 97.3% - 114.3%, a guaranteed 1hko with stealth rock and/or life orb.

Life orb is great if you want to damage the pokemon scizor counters/checks more.
Leftovers is good if you are worried about not getting roost off often enough, as they will help you recover from weaker hits.
Occa Berry is great if you are worried about the pokemon he counters/checks throwing random hp fires at your bug monster.

The best thing about scizor is it kills tyranitar and abomasnow, as well as losing excessive vulnerability to fire in rain. Even in sun, it was going to die to a fire move outside of rain anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Overall, I think this scizor will solve most of your problems with those pokemon and is a great option for your team.

Motagua

El Ciclón Azul
Hey there! If the purpose of your team is to destroy opposing weather, you are heading on the right way building a team with pokemons that are annoying for Sun, Rain and Sand to face. I do not really see how your team might have issues against Lati@s, Gengar and Alakazam considering that Jirachi counters perfectly the 3 of them. However, to solve your issues with Conkeldurr, Virizion and other Fighting types that could be troublesome for this team to face, my suggestion is to use a Life Orb Tank Latias. Latias is the ultimate weather killer, thanks to her amazing Sp.Def taking most of Sun´s and Rain´s assault. With the given investment Latias is bulky enough to take repeatedly Specs Politoed´s Hydro Pump while being able to hit as hard as possible. Psyshock will allow you to OHKO Conkeldurr and Virizion while being able to 2HKO Blissey after SR. Recover allows Latias to replenish any lost health and Surf rounds up the coverage hitting Heatran, Tyranitar and others for good damage.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

It is hard to find a spot for Latias on this team, but I believe that you could replace Rotom-W for her. Landorus and Breloom fares well against Sand, while Latias relieves Heatran´s job on taking Sun teams. Against Rain, Tentacruel, Breloom and Latias do the job.

As a last suggestion, run HP Ice on Heatran instead of HP Grass, you got already Breloom to deal with Gastrodon and I believe that stopping Dragonite´s sweep with HP Ice is more important for this team to achieve. Hope this rate helps and good luck with your team :).

Tentacruel does not get toxic heal, nor is toxic heal an ability (the one you're thinking of is probably poison heal).
I would suggest running liquid ooze, as it allows you to severely damage calm mind virizion when it uses giga drain.
true. I meant rain dish. Rain dish helps to get recovery in rain and heal off most damage done by Politoed.

Some great sugestions. Scizor finds a place on my team in jirachi's spot. im now using latias on my team instead of rotom. So far I have lost to a lot of Sand but rain and sun are both defeated.

EDIT : chanhes now made to team.

I was wondering If anyone would be able o tell me what is better for this team and latios. Thunderbolt or surf? And if hunderbolt Surf on tentacruel?

I believe surf would be better with your latias, as you said you had the most trouble with sandstorm teams. Surf hits many pokemon that abuse sandstorm or are found on sandstorm teams hard and/or super effectively (except rotom, but that's what a draco meteor to the face is for). Also, a cool thing to do would be to edit the RMT and replace rotom's team analysis with latias's, as well as giving credit to Motagua. On the bottom of the RMT, you can put a list of discarded pokemon in a hide tag, if you want. Scizor and latias should help take on weather, as scizor is one of the best t-tar checks out there, and latias checks almost everything else on sandstorm. Oh, and make sure to change tentacruel's ability to rain dish and breloom's ability to poison heal.

(also, Motagua, I love heatran + Latias core and I love that set. Gonna have to try that sometime!)

I used a team very similar to this (Starmie instead of Tentacruel) and I can tell from experience that Gliscor + Chansey is annoying. While there aren't much you can do about this, at least you can have a way of defeating Gliscor easier so that Breloom can hopefully beat Chansey. So that means Hidden Power Ice over Grass on Heatran, and using a non Choiced Rotom-W. So instead of Specs Rotom-W, you can use like Chesto Rest instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)