|
|
|
|
|
|
|​

.::Introduction::.

Hello Smogon. This is my first UU RMT ever so bare with me. I'm usually an OU player, but I'm pretty much sick of that tier. A friend of mine recommended UU. I was hesitant to step away from the most competitively relevant tier, but I'm really loving UU so far. It's very reminiscent of 4th gen OU which was by far my favorite metagame. The balance in this tier is amazing right now. The teams aren't carbon copies of one another and their's no broken Pokemon or weather players can use as a crutch. I'm glad I got into UU after Drought and Kyurem were banned, I could only imagine how fucked up that must have been for some of you UU vets. When I first got into UU I was pretty terrible. I still had my OU mindset in terms of playstyle and I didn't really know what threats to look out for. I had to do a lot of lurking on the UU fourms before getting a decent team going. Ok enough rambling, let's get on to the actual team.

For my first UU RMT, I thoght I'd start out with a balanced team and it's been working out great. It centers around my offensive core of Rhyperior, Roserade, and Rotom-H (3 r's :p) clearing out each others counters while my other team members support them. The team utilizes some very underated tools such as Lunar Dance, (or Healing Wish), Safeguard and Toxic Spikes to break down common UU playstyles. The team is pretty good at controling the rare hail or sand teams. I guess weather control just kind of stuck with me from playing so much OU. I don't really have a dedicated lead with due to team preview. I usually have to pick come battle time.

-------------------------------
In-Depth Look
-------------------------------

|

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
Comments:
This microwave oven mean buisness. Rotom-H functions as my revenge killer and late game cleaner. Rotom-H is a great Pokemon to use in the UU metagame. It's resistances really suit the UU environment. It has great speed and can be a pain for any Hail team with it's Fire STAB. One of Rotom's best assets to the team is it's ability to clear out or get damage on my Rhyperior's "counters" for super effective damage. These include speedy Grass-types like Celebi/Roserade and bulky waters like Milotic/Slowbro. Rotom can also catch Flygon with HP Ice. Rotom has it's obvious dual STAB in Tbolt and Overheat. I don't really like running Volt Switch on Rotom-H since it's Stealth Rock weak and that can really limit my switch-ins. Overheat hits Grass-types trying to switch in on Tbolt, while Tbolt hits Water-types trying to switch in on Overheat. Overheats SAtk drops can be a pain in the ass late game when I need a sweep, but it's really the only option Rotom has for strong Fire STAB. HP Ice adds to Rotoms coverage, creating a pseudo Bolt-Beam along with Thunderbolt. HP ice hits a couple of threats to the team in Zapdos and Flygon. Stall teams are pretty prominent in UU and Trick lets me cripple common annoyers like Chansey on Milotic. With Scarf, Rotom can take on trick leads like Azelf. The EVs are standard, they allow Rotom to hit hard and fast.

|

Rhyperior (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
Comments:
Rhyperior is the star and original member of the team. This guy is probably my favorite Pokemon of all time. This thing is such a boss and I'm glad to see it skyrocketing in usage. Once it gets a safe switch in, it's only true counter is prediction (or aiming for the horn). If you suck at predicting, it's pretty much gg if you see a CB Rhyperior. Rhyperior is the hardest hitter in UU, not having to compete with Haxorus or Darmanitan. Rhyperior's deffense along with Solid Rock allow him to take some of the nastiest unboosted physical hits UU like a Close Combat from Arcanine. Even Flygon's Earthquake fails to 2HKO this beast. I usually bring Rhyperior out early so Cresselia can heal him up for a late game sweep. Not many Pokemon can survive a neutral attack from Rhyperior and if they can, there pretty much fodder at that point. Another cool thing about Rhyperior is his ability to stop most common UU sand sweepers cold. Little sand puppy vs buff rhyno? lol gtfo Stoutland. Rhyperior gets STAB on one of the best (and most manly) attacking combos in Edge-Quake, this combo alone hits most of the UU tier for neutral damage. Megahorn 2HKOs the bulkiest of Slowbro and Avalance floors those silly Garchumps. I've experimented with other sets such as the RP or Sub set, but I'm extremely satisfied with CB Rhyperior's power. The EV spread may look kind of random, but it allows Rhyperior to take 2 Earthquakes from any Flygon as well as 2 Close Combats from Arcanine. I can also out-speed base 50's like Chansey, Tangrwoth and the 3 Regi's.

|

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 64 SDef / 192 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Comments:
Roserade was one of the Pokemon I've had great sucsess with in OU, so I though I give it a try in UU and it's turned out to be a great fit. Roserade is a vital member to the team as she provides Toxic Spikes, which are key to the team functioning properly. With the amount of grounded Pokemon in UU, Toxic Spikes are a great asset to any team. They allow me to break down stall and they can put bulkier Pokemon in range for a OHKO. Roserade can also absorb Toxic Spikes if Hitmontop ever goes down. I can usually find a lot of opportunites to set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes with all the slow walls in UU. Roserade is a great partner to Rhyperior as she can take special Water and Grass type attacks that plauge him. Venoshock works in conjuntion with Toxic Spike as it adds up to an impressive 195 base power attack on a poisoned Pokemon. Giga Drain let's Roserade heal off any LO damage. With the amount of bulky waters running around, Roserade can usually find decent recovery from Giga Drain. HP fire let's me hit Steels who resist both of Roserade's STAB moves. The EV spread allows Roserade to out-speed + nature base 80s while give her some special bulk to take resisted hits better.

|

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 36 SAtk / 8 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Pyschic
Comments:
Cresselia is the "glue" to the team and 4th Pokemon introduced in 4th gen. I really don't understand how one of the bulkiest Pokemon in the game can be deemed RU. She's my main phyical wall and she provides my team with a very important form of support with her signature move Lunar Dance. Rhyperior gets pretty roughed up during the course of a battle. Lunar Dance gives Rhyperior another round of destruction, which is a nightmare to deal with for any team. I only use Lunar Dance if Cresselia is at around 1/6 HP. While Cress is at a high amount of HP, I usually find my self setting up Reflect. Reflect makes some of my team members untouchable on the physical side. I tried Light Screen, but it didn't really compensate for Rhyperiors shit SDef. Cresselia's attacks are pretty standard Pyschic is STAB and Ice Beam hits Flygon, Celebi or Zapdos. The EV spread is pretty strait forward. I felt the extra SAtk investment was nessasary due to the amount of times I was attacking with Cress. I made sure to bump up the speed a bit to avoid speed ties. Adding 4 extra speed EVs to standard sets is something I do with all my teams. It doesn't make a huge difference, but anything helps.

|

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Safeguard
- Shadow Claw
Comments:
Dat clear body. Registeel is my go to guy for taking special attack (although he takes some physical hits quite nicely). Registeel provides the team with some standard support and utility. Stealth Rocks are really important to this team and most UU teams in general with all the Flying/Fire threats like Zapdos, Yanmega or Arcanine. Rocks also severley hamper most hail teams. They also put stuff at range for my offensive guys to KO. Registeel's ice resist is great with all those Blizzard spamming hail teams. Registeel, being one of the few viable steels in UU can save me from some of UUs dangerous dragons like Kingdra or Flygon. Thunder Wave is for Pokemon that are immune to Toxic Spikes. Slowing something down can be great for my slower guys like Rhyperior or Cresselia. Cresselia can get a free Lunar Dance or Reflect on a paralyzed foe while Rhyperior can get off a free hit. I was originally running Rest on this set along with cleric support, but when I lost my cleric I needed a filler move. Safeguard is a great option due to my lack of a cleric and Toxic Spikes/Status inflicting moves are everywhere these days. Shadow Claw let's Registeel beat Mismagius 1v1. It also threatens Magic Bonce Xatu hoping to reflect my Stealth Rocks or T-Wave The EV spread is standard.

|

Hitmontop(M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Pursuit
- Fake Out
Comments:
Spinners are almost a must in UU with all the viable Rocks layers and stall teams. Hitmontops main role is getting hazards of the feild while putting dents in the opposing team with his Technician boosted priority attacks. This Hitmontop isn't meant to be a full on sweeper. He usually picks off weakend foes or damages stuff for my other Pokemon to pick off. My only hazard weak Pokemon I'd Rotom-H, but having them of the feild is nice. I'm using a hybrid of an offensive and support set. I'm not really a fan of using Hitmontop deffensively, but at the same I needed spin support. Hazards were really bugging me at times so I just decided to combine Hitmontops offensive ability along with his support in one set. You may be thinking "where's your Foresight brah"? Well, with Tecnician boosted Pursuit I can hit Ghost types trying to spin block on the switch. I also have Registeel to take on any spin blockers. Other then Pursuit the set is pretty standard. Technican Fake Out + Mach Punch is deadly. UU is not a very speedy tier, but priority is always nice to have. The EV spread is standard.

------------------
Threat List:
------------------

Will fill this out later. Warning: really rushed and probably some mistakes.

Big Threats: Heracross, Rotom-H
Threats: Cobalion, Kindra, Raikou, Mamoswine, Azelf

-Abamasnow Rotom-H can basically switch in to Abomosnow's entire movepool (except Focus Blast/Shadow Ball) and OHKO. Hail as a whole is not much of a problem. Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rock both hurt the average hail team and Hitmontop can scare off the most common hail Pokemon. Registeel can only take blizzspam for so long, but he's a pretty solid switch in.

-Alakazam This guy is pretty tricky. Registeel can survive a Focus Blast at full health and threaten it with Shadow Claw. Rotom can revenge kill it.

-Ambipom Although rare, Baton Pass Ambipom can be a threat. Any offensive variants can be played around with switching between Rhyperior Registeel and Cresselia. Hitmontop can revenge with Mach Punch.

-Arcanine Arcanine is scary to any team due to it's coverage that covers all of UU. Rhyperior is my main answer, resisting Flare Blitz, Wild Charge and Extreme Speed while being able to take Close Combats. I also have Cresselia to come in on Close Combay. This thing is a threat, but not for very long due to hazards+recoil.

-Azelf Azelfs pretty dangerous. If it's a Trick lead, I can switch in to Rotom to absorb it. Cresselia can take on the common Azelf sets. Nasty Plot Azelf is revenged by Rotom.

-Azumaril Cresselia can take hits from this thing and Rotom can out-speed once it's not locked into Aqua Jet.

-Bisharp Can be a bit problematic since it can take on my main phyical wall in Cresselia. Hitmontop is a pretty good check and Rotom can revenge.

-Blastoise Blastoise doesn't wall anything on my team, but I usually make it a priority to take out before I set up to many hazards. Roserade can come in on Scald, Giga Drain away and get rid of the possible burn with Natural Cure.

-Celebi Cresselia wall most offensive sets and threatens with Ice Beam. If I get lucky, I can one shot it with Rhyperior's Mega Horn as I trys to come in on an EQ. The player would have to be really bad to do that though :/

-Chansey Rhyperior 2HKO's with EQ or Stone Edge. It really helps when Toxic Spikes are up so * Chansey can't stay in for very long. Hitmontop can pick off weakend Chanseys and Roserade can set up in it's face due to Natural Cure and Giga Drain.

-Charizard lol

-Cobalion Cresselia can take on non X-Scissor variants. Rotom gets a free switch in on Iron Head and kills with Overheat.

-Crobat Rhyperior and Registeel can wall every set, but I usually let Registeel handle it because Toxic can really hurt Rhyperior.

-Cresselia Cresselia usually trys to switch into Hitmontop's fighting STAB so I can usually catch them off guard and get some nice damage with Pursuit. If opponents feeling balsy against Rhyperior I can prediect the EQ switch in and smash it with Mega Horn. Me Registeel is a great check. It resist Ice Beam and Pyschic while having SE damage with Shadow Claw.

-Deoxys-D Same deal as Cresselia except I have to try to prevent it from setting up. DeoD has trouble setting up Spikes on Registeel with Shadow Claw+Toxic Spikes/Thunder Wave. If it does manage to get some up, I always have Hitmontop to spin. If I really want my own Spikes up, I can set up along side it with Roserade.

-Donphan Cresselia is my main answer to this thing. The worst it could do against Cress is getting up rocks because Cress shrugs off any Ice Shard damage, even from max attack variants. Rotom-H is also safe from the usual Ice Shard+EQ Donphan and threatens with HP Ice.*

-Dusclops A bitch to take down. I have to have Toxic Spikes up to have any chance of taking this thing out cleanly. If not I'll just have to grind it out.

-Empoleon Empoleon usually tries to switch in on Rotom-H's HP Ice so I can predict that and use T-Bolt. I can stall it out with Registeel, by using Safeguard to prevent Scald burns while spamming Shadow Claw (takes forever, but it works). Hitmontop can revenge.

-Escavalier Registeel can wall any variants that lack Rock Smash (lol). Rotom can revenge.

-Flygon Pretty dangeous. At full health, Cresselia and Rhyperior can take 2 Outrages/Earthuakes and just about OHKO with Ice Beam/Avalance. CB is a different story. my only real shot is taking it out with Rotom-H's HP Ice.*

-Frosslass Such a bitch under hail. Not much I can do to prevent it from getting up Spikes. I can Pursuit it on the swtich with Hitmontop or roast him with Rotom's overheat. I really have to be careful with subs. A -2 Overheat doesn't OHKO it and once my opponent see's pusuit on Hitmontop he/she usually switches out. Rocks help of course.

-Galvantula I usually just have to predict around it and revenge with Rotom.

-Gastrodon Toxic Spikes really hurt this guy and my only special attacker has SE damage on it with Giga Drain.

-Gorebyss It can easily get of a Shell Smash on Registeel. From there I have to rely on Rotom or Hitmontop to take out the recipient.*

-Herracross Probably the biggest threat to this team. It can use my own Toxic Spikes to wreck my shit with guts. I have to predict CB/Scarf variants perfectly to avoid losing something. I have resist to Heracross's usually movset, but those resist are easily OKHO'ed by the apropriate attack if my opponent predicts. Rotom can revenge.

-Hitmontop Cresselia is a great check. She can take a Sucker Punch from max attack variants and OHKO with Pyschic. Rhyperior can handle weak sauce Impish variants.

-Hippopotas Pretty much anything on my team can kill this thing. Sand has a whole is not much of a threat. Rhyperior can handle common sand sweepers like Golurk, Stoutland and Flygon.*

-Kingdra Pretty dangerous. It's usually a joint effeort from Cress and Registell to take it down. Specs Kingdra is scary.

-Krookodile Rotom and Hitmontop revenge. Rotom can switch in on an EQ.

-Mamoswine Cresselia can wall it (unless it flinches me to death). Rotom can switch in on Ice Shard/EQ and OHKO.

-Mismagius I have Shadow Claw on my Registeel just to deal with this thing. It usually tries to spin block Hitmontop so I can hit it with Pursuit.

-Mew See Cresselia. Calm Mind mew is a bitch to take down. This thing is so versatile so I can't really say how I deal with go :/

-Milotic Toxic Spikes activate Marvel Scale, but the Toxic will wear it down until I can revenge it with Rotom, Roserade or Hitmontop. Milo is a common switch in to Rhyperior and it doesn't take hits from it very well.

-Nidoking Cresselia can take hits from it and Roserade/Rotom can revenge.

-Nidoqueen see Nidoqueen. Roserade aborbs TSpikes.

-Raikou

-Registeel

-Rhyperior

-Roserade

-Rotom-H

-Sceptile

-Sigilyph

-Sharpedo

-Shaymin

-Shedinja

-Slowbro

-Snorlax

-Suicune

-Tangrowth

-Togekiss

-Venomoth

-Victini

-Weavile

-Xatu

-Yanmega

-Zapdos

-----------------------
Export to Text:
-----------------------
PHP:
Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Rhyperior (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Def / 84 Spe
- Avalanche
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Roserade (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 64 SDef / 192 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Lunar Dance
- Ice Beam
- Reflect
- Pyschic

Registeel @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Safeguard
- Shadow Claw

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Pursuit
Considering:
Suggestions I like will go here :)

------------------
Conclusion:
------------------
Thank you for taking the time to read this RMT. I've been meaning to make an RU version of this team, but I guess I'll hold off on that. The team obviously has it's flaws which is where you guys come in. I'm really looking forward to improving this teams so please please please leave a rate :)

Hey there, good looking team. I think ive seen that core before and it was really effective as I remember. But I do have a couple of nitpicks/questions:

Is there a reason that there you have invested in speed on Rhyperior as opposed to dropping those evs in HP for instance? I honestly cannot think of what you would want to outspeed but I am sure you have a good reason.

And even though you made it clear that you don't like Volt Switch on Rotom, why not? It really helps in getting more momentum and getting say, Rhyperior in to fire off banded Earthquakes even more. You also have a great spinner that could spin away rocks quite easily. Thats just my two cents.

Good luck on your continued exploration into UU!

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there, good looking team. I think ive seen that core before and it was really effective as I remember. But I do have a couple of nitpicks/questions:

Is there a reason that there you have invested in speed on Rhyperior as opposed to dropping those evs in HP for instance? I honestly cannot think of what you would want to outspeed but I am sure you have a good reason.

And even though you made it clear that you don't like Volt Switch on Rotom, why not? It really helps in getting more momentum and getting say, Rhyperior in to fire off banded Earthquakes even more. You also have a great spinner that could spin away rocks quite easily. Thats just my two cents.

Good luck on your continued exploration into UU!
Hey man thanks for the rate :). I thought I was being original with this core, but I guess not lol.

I guess I forgot to fully explain Rhyperior spread. Basically, it let's me out-speed base 50's like Chansey, Tangrowth and the Regi's. Rhyperior is already pretty bulky so I can afford to invest in some speed.

You bring up valid points about Volt Switch, but I fell like it really hampers me when it comes to late game sweeping. You cant sweep if your being forced to switch out by your own move. I can't spam Overheat due to the spa drops and there are a lot of ice resist in UU so I'll have to rely on Thunderbolt. I'll definitley look further into Volt Switch though, thanks :)

No problem :)

And thanks for clarifying the speed on Rhyperior, I wasnt sure if it was for outspeeding slow walls or not.

Also its your team, and your Rotom set. I just wanted to point out some things that might have gone unnoticed. Go ahead and do what ever you think is best. Ill be more than happy either way. :)

Wow! great team! not too bad on weaknesses and youve always got something to switch out to and stopping a possible super-effective move. I have been studying this team for about ten minutes and there really is not much to say. Id imagine itd give hell to most teams I have faced. Good luck

Well we both know were new but what if you considered psyshock over psychic on cresselia? It still gets stab but even outside of ou there's been a surge of spdef over regular defense. In my mind both attacks do about the same thing but psyshock gets the benefit of hitting phsyically, just my thought since I wanted to return the favor of you posting in my thread lol.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well we both know were new but what if you considered psyshock over psychic on cresselia? It still gets stab but even outside of ou there's been a surge of spdef over regular defense. In my mind both attacks do about the same thing but psyshock gets the benefit of hitting phsyically, just my thought since I wanted to return the favor of you posting in my thread lol
Pyshock shounds like a good idea. It would definatly help with those dump chanseys. I'll give it a try :)

Why is avalanche on rhypherior? You said to hit Garchomp, but the only dragon in uu is druddy...
Garchump=Flygon.

Also Altaria I guess.

Not true don't forget flygon which he mentions a few times.

i dunno about rhyperior... in the anime thunderbolt to the horn kills it! but really, very good team, not very much i can do to fix it. hell, i thought i was the only person to use CB rhyperior

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)