Warstory # 1: The Day Steelix Rips Through a Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Smogon, this is my first warstory on here and I'm definitely excited to share this one with you all. I thought this was an amazing match. Note that HP percentages are estimates and are the result after the attack.
Rules are Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, and no ubers. Item Clause is off.

Rex's Team(Me, duh.)

Dante's Team

Well, let's begin!

Turn 1
Dante sent out Cradily!
Go Starmie!
Starmie used Ice Beam! It's super effective! (50%)
Cradily used Ingrain!
Cradily absorbed nutrients from it's roots!(55%)
Cradily restored HP with its Leftovers!(60%)

Well, looks like a nice start so far. Time to Ice Beam once again!

Turn 2
Starmie used Ice Beam! It's super effective!(Little HP left!)
Cradily used Giga Drain! It's super effective!(Starmie 70%)(Cradily 40%)
Cradily gains life with Leftovers and Ingrain!(55%)

Damn! If I keep Ice Beaming this thing, it'll never die. Time to send out my trusty Gallade...

Turn 3
Starmie, come back! Go! Gallade!
Cradily used Toxic! Gallade was badly poisoned!
Gallade is hurt by poison! (95%)
Cradily recovers! (65%)

Shit, I miscalculated! Turns out I could have Ice Beamed that thing to death! *slaps self* Well, do your best, Gallade...

Gallade used Psycho cut!
God forgives us of our sins and lands a critical hit! Cradily fainted!
Gallade is hurt by poison!(85%)

*looks up into the sky*
Chris Rock: Thank you, God.

Turn 4
Dante sent out Aerodactyl!
Gallade! Return!
Go! Steelix!
Aerodactyl used Ancient Power for pathetic damage, recovered by leftovers!

What? Ancient Power? Who puts AP in Aerodactyl anymore? Can't do much to Aero without my speed, and it's definitely carrying Earthquake...

Turn 5
Dante withdrew Aerodactyl!(Huh?)
Dante sends out Metagross!
Steelix used Toxic! Metagross gargles it and spits it back out!

Damn! Thought I could do Aero a favor right there. This opponent is odd...

Turn 6
Metagross used Earthquake! It's super effective!(60%)
Steelix used Earthquake! It's super effective!(50%!)
Steelix eats Leftover steak from last night!(55%)

Wow! I didn't know Steelix could pack a punch like that, especially on Meta. And Meta isn't carrying leftovers! Time to KO!

Turn 7
Metagross used Earthquake! It's super effective!(10%)
Steelix used Earthquake! It's super effective! Metagross fainted!
Steelix eats up Leftovers! (60%)

What'cha got next, buddy?

Turn 8
Dante sent out Aerodactyl!
Aerodactyl used Mimic!(What!?!?)
Aerodactyl learned Earthquake!
Steelix used Toxic! Aerodactyl was badly poisoned!
Aerodactyl is hurt by poison!(95%)

Okay, this is THE weirdest Aerodactyl I have ever seen. But now that it has EQ, time to do what Steelix was built for: Toxi-Stall!

Turn 9
Steelix used Protect!
Aerodactyl used Earthquake and cries!
Steelix recovers with Leftovers!(65%)
Aerodactyl is hurt by poison!(90%)

Hmm... I can sweep with Rock Slide, or gamble a little and go for Protect again to earn some more HP...*deep breath*

Turn 10
Steelix used Protect!
Aerodactyl used Earthquake! It had no effect!
Steelix recovers with Leftovers!(70%)
Aerodactyl is hurt by poison!(80%)

Steelix will take a hit now.

Turn 11
Aerodactyl used an Earthquake that hit at last! It's super effective!(35%)
Steelix used Rock Slide! It's super effective!
Aerodactyl fails to receive medical attention and faints
Steelix recovers with Leftovers!(40%)

Woo! Two Pok'emon owned by Steelix? This can't be true. I have a feeling my luck is about to run out...

Turn 12
Dante sent out Umbreon!(?)
Umbreon used Faint Attack for pathetic damage!
Steelix used Earthquake! (80%)
Steelix gains a little HP with Leftovers!(slighty past 40%)

Okay, this won't be too hard. Let's crush this thing...

Turn 1-BBBZZZZZT!
News Anchor: We interrupt this broadcast for a special news bulletin. Recently, a strange, green dinosaur has been captured in Hoenn. It is described to have an enormously large snout, a saddle on its back, and strangely wearing boots. Anyone who may be the owner of this specimen is asked to come to the Hoenn Pok'emon Control Center and claim it right away. Until then... *unzips pants*
BBZZZZZZT!
Steelix pwns Umbreon and has gained up to 80% in HP!

I seriously thought I should leave that part out. It was all just Faint Attacks, Moonlights, Protects, Rock Slides, Earthquakes, and such. We'll say this is turn 14.

Turn 14
Dante sent out Kyogre!
Kyogre called forth the rain!
Kyogre used Calm Mind!
Steelix used Toxic! Kyogre was badly poisoned!
Kyogre is hurt by poison!
Steelix recovers with Leftovers!(85%)(A little more than 96%)

HEY! We agreed on no ubers! I felt like disconnecting here, but since my Steelix was doing so awesome, I'll kick his ass for bending the rules!

Turn 15
Steelix used Protect!
Kyogre used Calm Mind!
Steelix recovered with Leftovers!(90%)
Kyogre is hurt by poison!(90%)

Damnit! I thought I saw a Surf coming in there. And two Calm Minds already? This can't be good. Starmie is faster, but won't be able to do much with Thunderbolt with that Sp.Def boost. Electivire's Thunderbolt won't save me here either, and my other Pokes are useless on this thing... I only have one option to get around this beast...

Turn 16
Steelix, good job! Come back!
Go! Gallade!
Kyogre used Calm Mind!
Gallade is hurt by poison!(90%)
Kyogre is hurt by poison!(85%)

*sigh* I had to switch with Gallade in order to get a Leaf Blade in; it's the only option I had in my situation before this thing sweeps my team and this guy makes a comeback.

Turn 17
Kyogre used Surf!
Gallade fainted!
Kyogre is hurt by poison!(75%)

Damn, damn, damn... Not even a Leaf Blade... My only other option as of now...

Turn 18
Go! Steelix!
Steelix used Protect in an attempt to Toxi-Stall!
Kyogre used Calm Mind!
Kyogre is hurt by poison!(60%)
Steelix recovers with Leftovers!(95%)

...why didn't he Surf? He definitely isn't going to Surf on the next one...

Turn 19
Kyogre used Calm Mind for the 5th time!
Steelix used Earthquake! (45%)
Kyogre is hurt by poison!(40%)
Steelix restores to full HP with Leftovers!(100%)

Hmm, I overlooked this one. He's going to die now..

Turn 20
Steelix used Protect!
Kyogre used Surf! It didn't do shit!
Kyogre finally dies!
(Dante over the Microphone: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

This guy got greedy with all of those Calm Minds. This may not be the competitive battler I looked for today(Fuck you, SPP Wi-Fi!).

Turn 21
Dante sent out Ludicolo!
Ludicolo used Substitute!(70%)
Steelix used Earthquake!
The substitute took damage for Ludicolo! It faded!
Ludicolo's Rain Dish restored HP!(75%)
Ludicolo recovered with Leftovers!(80%)

You know what? I'm up 5-1. I don't feel like Toxi-Stalling the last member, especially when it seems to be based on gaining HP.

Turn 22
Steelix was withdrawn! Go! Drapion!
Ludicolo used Leech Seed!
Drapion was seeded!
Drapion lost HP to the duck/platypus/pineapple/Mexican thing!(90%)
Ludicolo goes back to 100% with all of its bullcrap!

Well, not many things outspeed my Drapion. And like you're going to have a turn to Sub anyway.

Turn 23
Drapion used Cross Poison! It's super effective!
Ludicolo gets pwned and faints!
Dante lost 5-0 against a Steelix!

..I'm impressed. My Steelix never usually lives through two Pok'emon... I'm surprised it Toxi-Stalled and swept though FOUR!
I didn't have to answer to two of my Pokes.(Infernape and Electivire)

Good Stuff
Gallade critical-hits Cradily after a bad decision.
Drapion OHKOs a rather defense-pumped Ludicolo.
Steelix went through four, count 'em four, Pok'emon, and finished with full HP.

Bad Stuff
I lost my Gallade to Kyogre. *sniff*
He brokes the no ubers rule. Oh well, I taught him a lesson anyway.
Why did he keep Calm Minding Kyogre? It's almost like he WANTED to die of Toxic.
Who the hell runs an offensive Umbreon, much more, who sends an offensive Umbreon into Steelix and doesn't switch?

Well, I hope I didn't lose you by here. Did you all enjoy it? Please leave comments.
Note: He asked for a rematch, and once again I plowed through his team(not with Steelix, though). When I KO'd his second-to-last Pok'emon, he tells me over Wi-Fi to take a look at his secret weapon. Shiny Spiritomb, Infernape uses Flare Blitz, Wonder Guard prevents damage. He laughs. I turn silent. I disconnect.

Wooo I LOVE pictures

You should definately do more :) And do them often, so I have something to read when i'm on a breeding binge!

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Somewhat well-written, but this was a rather boring story. Your opponent sucked, plain and simple...warstories are much more enjoyable when it's between two evenly matched battlers in a close match.

I think the only thing you could do to make it better is to include pictures of the Pokemon both of you are using.
Not only does it make it more exciting to look at, it also helps you to develop a mental image of the battle.

Overall an enjoyable read, good work.

EDIT: Accidentally deleted this because I thought you did add Images, and my computer was just too slow to see them. So I reposted it.

Somewhat well-written, but this was a rather boring story. Your opponent sucked, plain and simple...warstories are much more enjoyable when it's between two evenly matched battlers in a close match.
Well, yeah, I can't argue with you there, but even my Steelix living through four things (or three, if you don't count Umbreon) is what I considered somewhat of a miracle.
And as mentioned, this is my first warstory, more challenging opponents and more captivating warstories ahead. Stay tuned.

Well, yeah, I can't argue with you there, but even my Steelix living through four things (or three, if you don't count Umbreon) is what I considered somewhat of a miracle.
And as mentioned, this is my first warstory, more challenging opponents and more captivating warstories ahead. Stay tuned.
Good luck.

Actually, I dont care at all if this is your first warstory. Don't tell us to "stay tuned" for a more and possibly better one. If this first one was bad, it's going to discourage readers to bother actually clicking on another one of yours. Your opponent was terrible and just by seeing his team and looking at the first few turns, I knew for a fact that I did not even have to bother reading this to know he was a bad player. As for you, I have no idea since beating bad players doesn't prove anything.

Just because this is your first warstory, doesn't mean you shouldn't try or not play against good players. In all of the ones I have written, I have never once played against a bad player. Simply because I knew it would bore the readers. What's the point of even writing a warstory if it's not meant to entertain people?

i found this to be a very enjoyable read.....your opponent sucked, badly.

i'll play you any time ^_^, steelix is now on my breeding list

As for you, I have no idea since beating bad players doesn't prove anything. Just because this is your first warstory, doesn't mean you shouldn't try or not play against good players.
Well, I certainly didn't try to prove anything with this warstory. I also did not try to not play anyone at or above my skill level. I looked for a serious competitive battle, I got a response, I made a bad decison.
I do appreciate your opinions, though.

Yeah GG I guess. If that's Dante from ATQ he should be ashamed. I thought he was pretty decent in adv. Good writing buddy.

Your team is pretty interesting and I love the usage of Steelix. You also played nicely and added a good tone to the story. Sadly, your opponent just plain sucked, and the battle wasn't really interesting due to that. Keep writing man. Let's battle sometime and make a story out of it.

If you didn't crush him so horribly, this might have been interesting :-p

Lol. Your opponent sucked... even after he cheated. May I wish you an actual battle next time.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Going to close this now before more flaming occurs...this is definitely well-written _Rex_, just next time post something more exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)