Gen 3 wanna? RMT

Here, I decided to mix some staple OUs with some cool BL pokes. The team kinda revolves around Cele BPing Sub to CBdon.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Spd / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute

<3 Luna. I've been dying to try her out for myself, but I'm not sure if my spread is ideal.

Rhydon (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide

Likes Sub from Cele.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Recover
- Substitute

Likes to pass Subs around.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 136 Def / 24 SAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rapid Spin

HP shock is for Gyaras and Skarms who think they can set up on me.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

Takes status, etc.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 134 Def / 28 Spd / 96 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish

Wish support for team, tanks, cleans up, etc.

rate/comments/suggestions plox.

The strategy is cool, but i can see a lot of weaknesses.

Gyarados: Claydol really can't counter this.
Calmkou: Claydol without Rest can't take his its very well...
Calmcune with Roar: Jirachi's Tbolt is a good damage, but with calm mind + rest + roar, calmcune can beat this without difficults.
Cbanders: Some Cbanders like Slaking,Tauros etc. can give you some problems
Heracross: He easily comes on Milotic (especially with Stalk) and a StabbadMegahorn hits HARDLY all your team. The other fighting guys, Machamp,Medicham,Breloom...also gives some problems to you, but Hera first of all them.

Really, I don't think that Jirachi is that good for this team...
Some ideas:

1)Zapdos stops Gyarados,Heracross,Calmcune, but you lose the second normal resistant and Calmkou can now come easy in one of your pokemons.
2)Gyarados stops Heracross,Calmcune and can beat other Gyaradoses if you use the Hp Rock + Taunt set. Also helps with Cbanders thanks to Intimidate. I also suggest you to try Snorlax over Jynx.
3)Aerodactyl can stop Heracross, stops Gyarados and helps against Cbanders. Use this in combo with something like a Roaring Raikou or a Stoss + Twave Bliss. Rest to Claydol.

No doubt switching on Heracross is going to be a problem, consider using Skarmory over Jirachi to help with your Heracross weakness. Dugtrio is also going to be bitching when it beats 2/3rds of your team.

The strategy is cool, but i can see a lot of weaknesses.

Gyarados: Claydol really can't counter this.
Calmkou: Claydol without Rest can't take his its very well...
Calmcune with Roar: Jirachi's Tbolt is a good damage, but with calm mind + rest + roar, calmcune can beat this without difficults.
Cbanders: Some Cbanders like Slaking,Tauros etc. can give you some problems
Heracross: He easily comes on Milotic (especially with Stalk) and a StabbadMegahorn hits HARDLY all your team. The other fighting guys, Machamp,Medicham,Breloom...also gives some problems to you, but Hera first of all them.
Heh, thx for the input, but you seem to be assuming that I'm nobo ^_^

Gyarados: as soon as he comes out, I send in Jira hopefully on a DD/HP and Wish as he runs away (or TB when my opponent is nob and may leave him in).

Kou: Yes, this is appreciated. I made my team with the basis that all Kous run HP Grass nowadays (Cele counters perfectly) and forgot about HP Ice/Roar variants. Though maybe Jira can do well here imo, as long as I don't mispredict.

CBanders: Mixture of appropriate Jira/Rhydon/Dol switch-ins, as it's pretty easy to predict when up against CBers.

Hera: He can really only switch in on Milo and Dol, I usually send in Rhy/Jira on the MH/RS and RS/Psychic him back.

And yeah, Ace. Duggy may become a problem, I really don't know what to do since I haven't encountered one with this team so far.

I really don't want to give up Jira, since I don't have a "true" Sp. Wall on my team (I rely on CeleJira def. combo most of the time) and I can really use the Wish support.

Thx for the input guys. Any more?

Assuming that Jirachi generally loses in a CMind war with Kou, and Celebi cannot hurt him behind a Substitute, I think you're pretty weak to Calmkou, as pointed out before.
Also, CBHeracross Megahorn 1/2HKOs everything on your team.
What about a Dugtrio for revenge killing both of them?

Mh... I love to see some speed on CBRhydon, assuming it will still 2HKO its target.

Yeah, I've already stated that Kou can wreck my team. It appears that I have to go with Bliss/Lax over someone like Jynx to cover my weak. Additional comments/suggestions on this?

And about the CB Hera thing again, he can only really switch in on Claydol and sometimes on my Milo if it's asleep and selects rest, as the others are capable of doing some damage to it, and the incoming Jira may be enough to scare it away or even KO.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha I love the thread title....

Here, I decided to mix some staple OUs with some cool BL pokes. The team kinda revolves around Cele BPing Sub to CBdon.
BPing to a CBer is not really a great strategy, but ok.

Jynx (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Oblivious
EVs: 48 HP / 208 Spd / 252 SAtk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Lovely Kiss
- Substitute
<3 Luna. I've been dying to try her out for myself, but I'm not sure if my spread is ideal.
Not something I would ever use but its fine I guess.

Rhydon (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Rock Slide
Likes Sub from Cele.
Like I said BPing to a choice bander just doesn't make any sense to me... I bring in gengar on earthquake or double-edge, or bring in moltres on megahorn, or swampert on rock slide, and you just lost like 5 turns, I would put Swords Dance somewhere either on Celebi or Rhydon.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spd
- Baton Pass
- Psychic
- Recover
- Substitute
Likes to pass Subs around.
also likes to get owned by the tyranitar and starmie who can already screw rhydon over... Giga Drain/HP Grass over Psychic... or at least put leech seed somewhere.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 136 Def / 24 SAtk
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Rapid Spin
HP shock is for Gyaras and Skarms who think they can set up on me.
HP Electric won't do anything to skarm, trust me... as for gyarados... 3hko at best barring CHes... I would rather just explode or get a real gyarados counter

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf
Takes status, etc.
Standard... but I think Rest-Talk is doing more harm than good on this team

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 134 Def / 28 Spd / 96 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Wish
Wish support for team, tanks, cleans up, etc.
I am tempted to say put Reflect on this... also having Celebi, Jynx AND Jirachi seems kind of meh
rate/comments/suggestions plox.
No matter what "plans" you might tell yourself you have, the fact is Heracross owns the hell out of your team. Swords Dance Heracross loves you not having any true counter, and CB Heracross will just slowly megahorn + focus punch your team to death.And with no protect anywhere on your team I dont see how you could possibly always predict succesfullyDugtrio reduces your team to Milotic and Claydol. and although duggy never lasts long enough to take down that many pokemon, the fact that it has so many easy targets should give you something to think about... Your team is pretty heavy on same types... 3 pokes weak to ice, 2 weak to ground, 3 weak to ghost, 3 weak to grass, 3 weak to fire, 2 weak to bug.

DD Gyarados/Salamence are also a huge threat to your team. For that reason I recommend replacing Celebi with Zapdos (sub, pass, t-bolt, HP Grass), and Putting a bit of special attack on Milotic so that it can OHKO Salamence with Ice Beam, also I think you should drop the rest and sleep talk for recover and hypnosis.

I like Recover, Sleep Talk, Surf, Ice Beam/Toxic on Milotic myself. It can take sleeps but still Recover fairly efficiently, and it will never Sleep Talk a completely useless move besides things like Toxic against a Steel-type.

HP Electric Claydol is actually pretty cool. Donphan can force Skarmory to repeatly Rest or Substitute with HP Electric/Fire and Claydol's SpA is even better, so I dont' see why not.

This team as it is is pretty fragile because Jynx and Rhydon are mostly compounding weaknesses of the rest of the team. ):

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)