SV OU Walking Webs (post DLC webs offence) Peaked 1600 (and climbing)

ribombee.png

:Walking Wake: Walking Webs :Ribombee:

CONTENTS
1. Introduction
2. Building process
3. Team + Description
4. Proof of peak
5. Threats
6. Replays
7. Importable/Outro

1. Introduction

Hello! This is my first ever RMT as I usually just yoink teams, so I figured it was probably my turn to provide a team. So I present to you a post dlc team with no veil, no bax and a braindead web clicking bee! I've had a lot of fun making and climbing with this team, I lost about 150-200 elo at the start of dlc just messing around dropping me all the way down below 1400. I decided I was going to climb back up using only teams I made, and thus Walking Webs was born.

2. Building Process
:Ribombee: :gholdengo:
Well it wouldn't be a webs team without a sticky web setter and who better to fit the role than the newly returning :Ribombee: By far the best sticky web setter with amazing speed and other good utility moves, such as stun spore and a hidden tech I will be talking about a little later on! Of course we don't want our opponent simply defogging or spinning our webs away so the next logical step was to add Mr Golden Joe :gholdengo: himself! Not much to say that hasn't already been said a million times, good as gold + ghost typing makes removing hazards very difficult for your opponent. Combine that with an amazing special attack stat and a speed stat that really benefits from webs and you have a match made in heaven.

:Ribombee: :gholdengo: :walking wake:
Walking wake was added next as I have used it plenty of times outside of sun and find it to be amazing, but getting outsped and revenged by :dragapult: sucks. So with the help of webs wake can outspeed :dragapult: other dragons even after a speed boost, and basically anything that isn't scarfed. Including the ever scary booster energy :iron Valiant:

:Ribombee: :gholdengo: :walking wake: :hoopa-unbound:
:hoopa-unbound: on webs was something I came across all the way back in gen 7. So I knew I had to see if he still lived up to the hype. And with 0 suprises the pokemon with 680 bst being able to outspeed most things was amazing!

I decided I wanted to use a new poekmon and the Monkey was a perfect fit! Honestly one nasty plot and this thing becomes a serious issue especially with tera blast to make up for its crippling inability to hit steel types.

:Haxorus:

Initially I was going to put the talk of the town :Baxcalibur: in but decided against it to be "quirky and different" :Haxorus: Basically does the exact same thing it clicks sd and it clicks scale shot and becomes a problem. Its slightly faster and ever so slightly stronger than :Baxcalibur: doesn't have priority but does have a bit better coverage. In all honesty bax is probably better but in my opinion less fun (they do the exact same thing I am lying through my teeth)

3. Team + Description
ribombee.png

:Ribombee: @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Stun Spore
- Skill Swap/U-turn

Our lead 90% of games A decently standard Ribombee set. Focus sash to avoid anything ohkoing the bee before we get our webs up. Shiled dust ability so we can't be flinched by fake out. Moonblast as a decently hard hitting STAB move Stun Spore to punish anything trying to setup in front of us or just to be a little shit! In the 4th slot we have the hidden tech skill swap! Its main use is against magic bounce users such as :hatterene: It can also be used against things like :gliscor: trying to setup on you making its poison damage it instead of healing it. Against :gliscor: its still better to click webs turn 1 as it has access to dual wingbeat. Alternatively you can run uturn instead to get some chip when you switch. DON'T sack the bee if you don't have to just switch out as I've found Ribombee to be a very handy sack later in the game or even something to clean up with its 383 speed. Tera ghost to spin block but I haven't ever found myself clicking tera on bee.

:Gholdengo: @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

Gholdengo has one job, to keep webs up as long as possible and it does that one job better than anything else. It can also be a handy lead against those pesky veil teams. Air balloon is the choice of item to avoid ground type moves from ground types mainly :great tusk: It can live a non crit knock off from tusk and if it managed to switch in on a ground move it will ohko most non heavily spdf invested tusk with a +2 make it rain. Dual stab of Shadow ball and Make it rain threaten most things nasty plot to boost its special attack and recover for well... recovery. Tera ghost to make those shadow balls hit a little harder and eliminate the ground/fire weakness of steel. Dengo can basically claim entire teams on its own as you will see in a replay.

:Walking Wake: @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Walking wake comes in and threatens to ohko or 2hko basically the entire tier. Having Wake on Webs lets us be Modest allowing us to hit a lot harder allowing us to almost guarantee a tera water surf OHKOS :clodsire: as its a 30% chance without Modest. It allows us to 2hko most :slowking-galar: as long as they aren't AV which is decently rare these days. We also guarantee an ohko on fully spdf :Garganacl: with tera water. Surf, Draco, Dragon pulse, Flamethrower is our moveset of choice. Wake got access to moves such as knock off but I don't really see its use on this set especially. You could put in flip turn but I don't think we have room for it. Wake is the mon I use tera on the 2nd most (which isn't that often)

:Hoopa-Unbound: @ Choice Band
Ability: Magician
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Zen Headbutt
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot

Hoopa is an insane breaker, I chose banded as we didn't have a physical attacker at this stage. Hyperspace fury and Zen headbutt hid hard with STAB, Drain punch deals with pesky steel types while restoring a chunk of health, and provided it actually hits Gunk shot deals with fairies. I normally switch this thing hard into :manaphy: or sack bee and go into it as it can take non tail glow boosted attacks and hit back hard with a hyperspace fury to set up an easy revenge kill

Munkidori @ Life Orb
Ability: Toxic Chain
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- Tera Blast

Munkidori (weird name oi) is our next member and tera is used on him basically every game. Tera ground allows us to hit things that would otherwise wall us completely such as :kingambit: :heatran: and basically anything with the steel typing. I would comment that its ability is super good and useful, but despite its 30% chance to poison I haven't had it proc once for me to the point where I asked if it was bugged. Turns out it isn't and I'm just an unlucky (4 letter swear word commonly used in my home land of Australia) One nasty plot and this thing can TEAR through teams its poison STAB helps a lot against the new Ogerpon which is otherwise a problem for this team.

:Haxorus: @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Mold Breaker
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Scale Shot
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab/Earthquake

Ahhh Haxorus.. Baxcalibur at home. :Haxorus: is an amazing sweeper sd + scaleshot makes it able to tear through most things. Loaded dice ensures that we don't get 2 hits every time we click scale shot. Close Combat lets us hit :heatran: and not have to risk missing a scale shot on :baxcalibur: and :ursaluna: last move can go either way Poison Jab is my proffered option the suprise factor as most ppl expect you not to be Pjab mixed with that "not being walled by every fairy type" is pretty handy however it leads to you being 100% walled by dengo. Tera fire is to be immune to wisp from boots :cinderace: who outspeeds you without a boost from scale shot.

4. Proof Of Peak

1695070793267.png

(will keep updating in edits if I continue to climb with this team)

5. Threats

Cinderace is the biggest threat to this team as it can court change webs back to your side. If you play against it you can click webs to potentially ruin booster energys meant to boost speed but thats the only acceptation AS LONG AS YOU CAN GET THEM BACK UP SAFELY.

Dondozo or as I like to call him Rod Wave is a real pain in the ass for this team. He walls practically everyone :gholdengo: can beat him with recover + spdf drops from shadow ball. :walking wake: can also nuke this thing with Draco so keep it healthy throughout the match.

This thing is a pain. I haven't really played against it much but it like 6-0ed me once so I'm gonna call it a threat :) Tbh didn't really know what it did clicked webs in its face like an idiot and it got +1000 attack in my face.

6. Replays
:gholdengo: Destroys veil team
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1943289297

:ribombee: makes gliscor die to its own poison.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-1943294284-vzgw28x3pbj8d2kfomcurj22obafa8vpw

7. Importable/Outro
Hey thanks for reading this through! This was my first time doing an RMT and wow it was fun despite taking like 2 hours lol. MASSIVE respect to those who make RMTS frequently this shit is like a lot of effort. Any and All feedback is much appreciated, and if you end up suing the team let me know how it goes :D
Much love and maybe I'll do mote in the future -0ze

https://pokepast.es/256bf20c782f0737
ribombee.png
ribombee.png
ribombee.png
ribombee.png
ribombee.png
ribombee.png

Attachments

Last edited:
just asking, but isnt hazard a problem for this team? i feel like even a lead samurott could be annoying to deal with
Hazzards aren't too much of a problem as you can set up on things while they set hazzards although it can get out of hand depending on how you play, for things like h-sama you just lead bee and either moonblast or para it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)