SV OU Volc + Roaring Moon dance HO (looking for suggestions)

With Volc and Moon back, I really wanna try a team that fits the both of them. I'm still not that experience with competitive pokemon, so I'm open to all suggestions!!
General idea I planned for the team is for a suicide lead. Then have some breakers weaken opposing team. Lastly have my beloved volc and moon to sweep.

1705651955608.png
1705651990210.png
1705652031207.png
1705652166272.png
1705652198231.png
1705652216122.png

https://pokepast.es/21366bdeef603521

1705651955608.png

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Psycho Boost
- Taunt

Role: Suicide lead to set up hazards
EVs to HP and also a sash to ensure it lives long enough to set up hazards. Full Spe to outspeed opposing leads. Taunt to taunt opposing hazard/screens leads, like glimora or a-ninetails. Psycho Boost for an attacking move, and also to scare off glimora. I would usually start off with this mon unless the opposing team also has a Deoxys lead who could taunt me, in that case I'll lead with Meowscarada.

1705651990210.png

Meowscarada (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Flower Trick
- Triple Axel
- U-turn

Role: Offensive pivot, also early game breaker
Jolly with full speed Meows is already fast enough, just slightly lacking in damage. That's why I choose a choice bad set to deal extra damage. With Triple Axel now it now has access to an amazing ice coverage move with stab from protean. And also U-turn for momentum and when I use it as a lead and it goes against a bad match up. Also grass type to resist water. I would use this mon for early game breaking and trying to chip opposing team down for my late game sweepers.

1705652031207.png

Great Tusk @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Headlong Rush
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Role: Offensive utility, to keep hazards off and deal some damage
Most EVs into speed and atk for damage, as well as to out speed slower bulkier mons. Heavy duty boots especially for toxic spikes and to not get chip down too badly. But I find myself sometimes using it defensively with it's decent def stat, or a switch in to expected eletric attacks. I also mainly use it for geting hazards off and knock off leftovers from bulky mons. I only sometimes using it offensively. I also tend to use it during earlier game.

1705652166272.png

Enamorus @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Stellar
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Modest
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Tera Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Role: Wallbreaker / Contrary Sweeper
I figured with scarf, it can outspeed most mons unboosted, so I used a Modest nature to boost it's special attack. With 405 Spa and stab Moonblast, it can hit a lot of things for a good amount of damage. Earth power for coverage againts poison and steel, such as toxapex. Sludge Bomb for opposing fairy types, especially Hatterene which I tend to struggle with. Even though I have Stellar Tera and Contrary, i find I rarely tera it, as It's damage output is already enough, and I still have other set up sweepers at the back. So usually, i would use it as a breaker along side Meowscarada to chip down the opposing team.

1705652198231.png

Volcarona (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Morning Sun

Role: Late game sweeper
Heavy-Duty Boots to avoid rocks. Full Evs to Def and Bold nature and a good amount of Evs to HP to live physical attacks and maybe burn the opposing pokemon with flame body. While it's Sdef side is covered by Quiver Dance. Some speed to outspeed most mons at +1 speed. Fiery Dance for stab and chance to boost againts special walls in dire situations. Giga drain for coverage againts water and rock types that can threaten Volc. Morning Sun to heal and to out last bulkier pokemon. Even though it's a late game sweeper, I would sometimes switch it in mid game as a fairy/grass resist and to threaten them by setting up early. Though I think it's bulky enough to live a few resisted hits early game for momentum. And it can heal off the damage if needed.

1705652216122.png

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Acrobatics

Role: Booster Energy late game sweeper
Last pokemon to the team and usually one of the last pokemon I bring out to set up and sweep. Standard booster energy dd set, with max speed and jolly nature and mas atk Evs. Booster energy atk also helps with bulkier. Tera flying for acrobatics. Usually, I'll either use this or Volc as the last sweeper. Even without dd, It can do a lot of damage by itself. I'm more reluctant to use it early game cuz it uses booster energy. So compare to volc, i tend to keep it more.

Conclusion
Even though I really like how the team is now. But I feel as if this team is still lacking something. I feel it struggles a bit with status inflictors like toxic users or nuzzle hatterene. Or other bulkier teams that slowly chip down my team. I feel as it might also struggle to hit bulkier fairy types like cosmic power clefable. So I'm open to any suggestions to improve my team. Thanks for reading!!

1705652432924.gif
1705652448389.gif

Last edited:

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Hey, it's a good team, volc + moon is a good combo to lay upon, but I'm thinking there are few things we can do to improve the team

Big changes:

:meowscarada: -----> :kingambit:

Your team has no way of realistically breaking through a well positioned hatterene, which is the main reason im going with kingambit here, this will also be another sweeper you can rely on and has a good amount of bulk + defensive utility to stand its ground

Kingambit (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

small changes:

On enamorus, you don't need sludge bomb because enam will lose long term to a CM tera water hat, therefore, Healing Wish should be there, to provide you better odds at sweeping with something else

On Volcarona, we are going to go with the max offensive set, because every gram of speed is important

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain

Tera Blast Ground allows you to bypass some counters like Skeledirge and Heatran, etc, while keeping fire stab and giga drain healing, this combo allows you to get the most amount of Pokémon possible

And that's it, I hope you like this version of the team and have fun!

Hey, it's a good team, volc + moon is a good combo to lay upon, but I'm thinking there are few things we can do to improve the team

Big changes:

:meowscarada: -----> :kingambit:

Your team has no way of realistically breaking through a well positioned hatterene, which is the main reason im going with kingambit here, this will also be another sweeper you can rely on and has a good amount of bulk + defensive utility to stand its ground

Kingambit (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

small changes:

On enamorus, you don't need sludge bomb because enam will lose long term to a CM tera water hat, therefore, Healing Wish should be there, to provide you better odds at sweeping with something else

On Volcarona, we are going to go with the max offensive set, because every gram of speed is important

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Tera Blast
- Giga Drain

Tera Blast Ground allows you to bypass some counters like Skeledirge and Heatran, etc, while keeping fire stab and giga drain healing, this combo allows you to get the most amount of Pokémon possible

And that's it, I hope you like this version of the team and have fun!
Heyy, thank you so much for the suggestions. I feel the teams improved quite a lot. Just gotta get used to a frailer volc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)