VGC10 Local Tournament

Hey guys, next saturday I'll have a local tournament with VGC10 rules, but I can only register 3 legendaries. Asking some advices on IRC, Bluecookies gave me permission to use his "Almost Worlds" team.

Smeargle@ Focus Sash
Jolly
Own Tempo
84 HP/172 SpDef/252 Speed
-Fake Out
-Follow Me
-Dark Void
-Detect

The commom Smeargle lead, with Dark Void in attempt to annoy unprepared teams on the first turn. Detect to prevent Fake Out... I can't say too much on this since is pretty obvious.

Kyogre@ Choice Specs
Timid
4 HP/252 SpAtk/252 Speed
-Water Spout
-Thunder
-Ice Beam
-Muddy Water

I was amazed how this thing could OHKO a Metagross and leaving in bad shape its partner (can't remember who xD) with Water Spout... Timid over Modest because I'm using Specs and when Water Spout loses its power, I can go with Muddy Water on late game.

Rayquaza@ Life Orb
Jolly
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Extremespeed
-Swords Dance
-Protect

SD over DD for more power, this thing is a beast if I succeed to Swords Dance once... that's why I'm using a Follow Me strategy with Luke and Smeargle. Protect to stall Trick Room at least 1 turn while I Extremespeed. Also, I'm planning to use him as the lead with Smeargle, to be able to nullify initial weather, mostly from Groudon.

Lucario@ Sitrus Berry
Careful
Steadfast
244 HP/236 SpDef/28 Speed
-Low Kick
-Follow Me
-Extremespeed
-Protect

As you can see, the main idea is using Follow Me with Smeargle and Lucario while Rayquaza and Kyogre do the respective raping :) Lucario instead Togekiss or Clefable for the high amount of resistances and incredible bulkiness with this build. I have already trained this team, so the issue is that I don't have any backups trained yet and I was thinking of these ones:

Ludicolo@ Leftovers
Calm
Rain Dish
232 HP/216 SpD/60 Speed
-Protect
-Leech Seed
-Hydro Pump
-Energy Ball

Thanks to Kyogre's rain, Ludicolo can stall thanks for the high special defense, the main idea is to annoy walls like Blissey, Snorlax or Cresselia or even an uber like Dialga. The STAB attacks are there in case I get taunted, and Hydro Pump instead Surf to avoid Water Absorb...

Cresselia@ Flame Orb
Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpA
-Protect
-HP Ground
-Psychic
-Psycho Shift

Like Ludicolo, status damage is awesome on walls, that's why I use a defensive build with Psycho Shift, to transfer the burned status when I need to. HP Ground is there for things like Tyranitar, non-levitate Bronzong and Lucario. STAB Psychic for Dusknoir, Giratina and Gengar.

I was thinking also on using Latios or Zapdos instead Cresselia... any suggestion will be welcomed and I hope to get quick responses since I'm short of time now. Thanks in advice.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't think Lucario is particualrly bulky enough to use Follow Me, but hey, that's just what I think. Togekiss is probably a better Follow Me user(though in the first place, FOllow Me + SD/DD is a bad strategy imo).

Although Togekiss is the standard follow me user, Lucario is also suprisingly bulky with the correct nature and EVs since it has such great typing for vgc10. Overall a great team buy I'm quite sure I've seen bluecookies use a team similar to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)