Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

♫ Mugen No Ticket ♫
is a Community Leader
VGC Leader

Art done by DreamPrince
VGC Classics PL Overview:
  • 6 teams to play in an 8v8 regular season, followed by a 8v8 playoffs stage featuring the top 4 teams
  • Format overview is as follows:
    • x1 VGC 22
    • x1 VGC 21 (SwSh S9)
    • x1 SwSh S3
    • x1 VGC 19 Ultra (can gentleman's to Sun or Moon)
    • x1 VGC 18
    • x1 VGC 17
    • x1 VGC 15
    • x1 VGC 13
  • 100k budget for a min of 11 players, no max player cap
    • Bidding prices start at 3k
  • Each team can have a manager + 2 co-managers, one of which can be bought as player for 15k
  • Trades for players can happen until the start of Week 1
  • Standings will follow a points system, 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 for a loss. (Tiebreakers will be specified in Admin Thread later)

Here are this year's teams and managers!
Signup Format:
Name: this can be a different name than your Smogon account if you go by something else in the VGC community
Account Verification: PLEASE PROVIDE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING FOR VERIFICATION:
  • A Smogon account older than 30 days OR with a minimum of 5 posts
  • A Twitter account registered in February of 2023 or earlier
  • A Discord account that is 6 months old or older
  • FAILURE TO MEET AT LEAST ONE OF THESE CRITERIA WILL MAKE YOU INELIGIBLE FOR THE DRAFT
Bio: A place to tell managers more about yourself! This could be accomplishments, experience, or just more about you!

Blank Template:
Name:
Relevant Social Media:
Formats played (please state the actual format names):
Bio:

Name: Eeveon7
Relevant Social Media: astralbarrage (Discord), Eeveon7 on Twitter and Smogon
Formats played: VGC 2020 (S3), VGC 2021 (S9), VGC 2022
Bio: World's best benchwarmer

The tournament will be expected to start mid September and run for 5 weeks of regular season with 2 playoff weeks (with potential tiebreaks). Please only sign up if you are willing to make such a time commitment.
Manager Signups: Aug 28 - Sep 3
Player Signups: Sep 4 - Sep 15
Draft: sometime Sep 16-17
Week 1: Sep 18 - Sep 24
Week 2: Sep 25 - Oct 1
Week 3: Oct 2 - Oct 8
Week 4: Oct 9 - Oct 15
Week 5: Oct 16 - Oct 22
Semis: Oct 23 - Nov 5
Playoffs: Nov 6 ->

Last edited:
Name: zekromzeke
Relevant Social Media: ZekromZeke on discord and formerly funny bird app
Put me in 2015. Will also happily play SWSH S9, 2018 and 2013 but really just keep me in 2015.
Bio: Won Smogon Winter League I by playing 2015 (6-0 in sets). Won a Rose Tower in S9, a regional in 2013, and didn't win anything major in 2018 but I'm good at it trust.

Aldrich

My Teas Gone Cold Im Wondering Why I
is a Community Contributor
Name: Aldrich
Relevant Social Media: aldrichyan
Formats played (please state the actual format names): 18-22, willing to play any
Bio: they know me as THE ALDRICH YAN. Also will send that kobe gif during playoffs if we reach playoffs

Name: NecasInTrouble
Relevant Social Media: Discord: necasintrouble, Twitter: @gartonbilly29
VGC22, Willing to learn/play any
Bio:
Top 16 2022 VGC Seasonal, Top 8 VGC Summer Seasonal. Looking to get my first big break in team leagues <3

Name: Alex123
Relevant Social Media: Alex123 on discord @alexqian123 on Twitter
Formats played (please state the actual format names): 2014 a little bit 2017, 2018,2019,2020, 2021, 2022 2023
Bio: Came to try this out and have fun and and learn older formats that I've never played before
Played in a lot of team tours: TPL/PGL USPA T16 VGC Summer Seasonal Peaked #3rd in game ladder and trying to improve even further

Mr.Bossaru

PMPL Champions 2022' ZU GOD\NU GOAT
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Name: xbossarux
Relevant Social Media: xbossarux on discord
Formats played (please state the actual format names): 2014 a little bit 2017, 2018,2019,2020, 2021, 2022 2023
Bio: got 6 rings

Charliezard7

formerly Carlosmh7
Name: Charliezard7
Relevant Social Media: Charliezard7 (Discord and Smogon)
Formats played: VGC 2013, VGC 2015
Bio: I'm part of an active VGC 2013 community and have played a couple tournaments so far

Name: JMOdri
Relevant Social Media: @JMOdriVGC, jmodri on discord
Formats played (please state the actual format names): Gen 8 formats.
Bio: Cut a bunch of online tournaments during the SW/SH era, my biggest accomplishments in gen 8 were a Top 8 in the Bilbao Special Event and a runner-up in the last gen 8 Victory Road tournament. I've never played the rest of the older formats, but i would love to have the chance to learn and play them.

JRL

JRL#3736
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: JRL
Relevant Social Media: JRL#3736(Discord)
Formats played: VGC 2013, VGC 2015, VGC 2017, VGC 2018, VGC 2019 Ultra.
Bio: I started in the smogon competitive game playing VGC 2017, playing all the VGCs and being informed about tournaments and world championships until 2019 ultra. From now on I started in DOU where I haven't done bad at all and where I have played older generations of VGC 2017, managing, for example, to win the DOU BW CUP this year, which enables me to play VGC 2013 and VGC 2015 in a way solid, since I know the metagame well. After dymax's ban in DOU 8 gen made me disengage from VGC 2020 onwards, I consider that I am not prepared to play the VGC stages with dymax

Name: Pyreon
Relevant Social Media: PyreonPT (Twitter), pyrepnpt (Discord)
Formats played: VGC 17, VGC 18, VGC 19, VGC 20 (s3).

Bio: Lots of experience in draft leagues and playing older formats. Played in several VGCPL and Winter Leagues with older formats, going 3-1 in VGC17 in VGCPL1. Played worlds in 2019 and NPA in 2019 and 2020. Been helping out a couple teams in more recent leagues with gen 7 formats. If I play 2020 I'll bring Flygon.

Last edited:

Mr.GX

Mew Mew
is a Tiering Contributor
Name: Mr.GX
Relevant Social Media: @MrGX_VGC, mr.gx on Discord
VGC 15, VGC 17, VGC18, VGC 19, VGC 21 (S9/S10)
Bio:
Been playing VGC since 2015 consistently doing well in online grassroots and draft leagues, as well as topping the Showdown ladder. Also played Gen 6 and Gen 7 DOU extensively, placing well on the SSNLs and even making it into the Invitationals. Meow~

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Name: Vinc2612
Relevant Social Media: vinc2612 on Discord
Formats played (please state the actual format names): VGC 15 to 19
Bio: I am a quick learner so I'd be willing to play any format (none of them are totally new to me, I am just more confident in 15 to 19). Did a couple of top cuts in some regionals. I'm used to Smogon tournaments and know exactly how they differ from VGC, that's probably a nice bonus

Akaru Kokuyo

Discord: Akaruyo
is a Top Tiering Contributor
World Defender
Name: Akaru Kokuyo
Relevant Social Media: Discord: akaruyo
VGC 13, VGC 15, VGC 17
Bio:
I started playing VGC on 13 and was actually part of nuggetbridge's wcop team for North LATAM (back then It was North and Plate LA) as VGC 13 player. Qualified for worlds in VGC 15, and altough Im less experienced for VGC 18, I played that meta for a bit and am familiar with It.

Name: Zeepel
Relevant Social Media: Zeepel_ (Twitter), zeepel on Discord and Smogon
Formats played:
VGC 2017, VGC 2018, VGC 2019 Sun/Moon/Ultra Series.
Bio:
I really like these old formats, willing to learn and play those which I didn't. I won multiple PC during the 18/19 seasons. Top 4 Buenos Aires Special Event (2019). Also looking forward to help anyone with everything I can!

Name: SublimeInterface (normally go by GohLow elsewhere)
Relevant Social Media: GohLow on Youtube/Discord, GohLower on Twitter.
Formats played: VGC 13, VGC 15, VGC 17
Bio: Fighting Game and Retro Pokemon simp

Cao Jie

formerly iKiQ
Name: CaoJie
Relevant Social Media: caojie on discord
Formats played (please state the actual format names): VGC 22, VGC 19
Bio: Speedrunner and pokemon player who likes to learn weird formats(+ able to help with tests in pmuch every slots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)