Veteran UU Noob Rises From His Grave :D

Hi UU battlers!
So basically I decided to get back into UU since after I left before the great merge(not that anyone knows).
I have been using this team for a while....and it needs some help.
So no more chit-chat, straight onto the team:

The Lineup:
So I wanted to make a team centering around MixTile and Blaziken, after seeing MixTile's success in my previous teams. I then decided that Azumarill was a good choice for filling in the "bulky" water spot, as well as adding priority to the team. Next I was looking for a SR'er and someone with paralysis support for Blaziken, as well as a sturdy wall. Registeel was the obvious choice. Crobat was chosen for his disrupting powers and general awesomness in UU. Finally Porygon2 as a lead is meant to "counter" lead Arcanine, who I see alot, as well as random others.
then I changed MixTile for Shaymin, who is doing the special sweeping job better, and Crobat and Azumarill cover me on the physical side

So, onto each member!

The lead:

Porygon2 @ Choice Specs
Modest
Trace
EV's: 252HP / 120Def / 136SpA
~Trick
~Recover
~Discharge
~Ice Beam

TrickPory2 is working quite well, getting the jump on slowere leads with Trick, allowing me to send in Registeel for free as they switch, allowing me to get SR up. faster leads like Crobat die from a T-Bolt or Ice Beam, as they Taunt.
Its working quite well for now, but now its not working that well.., any suggestions ?

The "annoyer"

Crobat @ Leftovers
Jolly
Inner Focus
EV's: 104HP / 152Atk / 252Spe
~Brave Bird
~U-Turn
~Taunt
~Roost

Crobat is awesome in UU, and you all know it- great STAB in the form of Brave Bird, scouting with U-Turn, and general mayhem for walls with Taunt and healing with Roost, Crobat is something to be prepared for. I don't really need to say much here, its Crobat...

The wall

Registeel @ Leftovers
Careful
Clear Body
EV's: 252HP / 24Atk / 232SDef
~Thunder Wave
~Stealth Rock
~Iron Head
~Explosion

Registeel provides some much needed Paralysis support for the team. Its general bulk almost always lets me set up SR, which greatly benefits the team as between Azumarill, Sceptile and Crobat the opponent will be spending quite a while switching to the right counter. Iron Head always breaks Missy Subs, so that isnt a problem. And, if I really need to get rid of a foe that is stopping my guys from sweeping, I can rely on Explosion.

Nothing can fit Regi's spot in this team, truly a key mamber :)

The Offense:

The Revenge Killer / Physical Sweeper

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Adamant
Huge Power
EV's: 248HP / 252Atk / 8Spe
~Aqua Jet
~Waterfall
~Double Edge
~Ice Punch

Azumarill is a pretty vital member of the team. It revenge-kills lots of stuff with Aqua Jet and hits even big walls for sizeable chunks of damage with Waterfall and Double Edge. Ice Punch hits incoming Shaymin hard, if I predict the switch correctly.

Leftovers over Choice Band for several reasons: Firstly, Azumarill often sweeps whole teams after their single counter is down, and this incentive is too great to pass up. Secondly, it prevents me from switching every single turn, which could be exploited by the opponent. Lastly, Lefties lets Azu recover off recoil and SR damage in a few turns

The Special Sweeper

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid
Natural Cure
EV's: 252SpA / 252Spe / 6HP
~Seed Flare
~HP Ice
~Earth Power
~Rest

Sceptile used to fill this spot, but it wasnt cutting it, so in comes standard Shaymin. Not particualrly fond of it, but it does its job of taking out slower walls not named Registell ,which it still dents. I really can't say that much about Shaymin, just that it takes out around 2 pokes and dents one before going out, thanks to its above average speed. Also helps deal with Roserade a bit, as it doesnt mind the status. Im really open to a good replacement for him by the way.

The Wall breaker

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Rash
Blaze
EV's: 240Atk / 16Spe / 252SpA
~Fire Blast
~Vacuum Wave
~HP [Grass]
~Superpower

LO MixKen, the superb Wall breaker. Fire Blast and Vacuum Wave give it two STAB moves to work off that great SpA stat. HP Grass hits a lot of stuff, namely Quagsire and Gastrodon. Superpower OHKO's Chansey and I think specially defensive Milotic and the drops are negligible due to the set being specially oriented. The EV's allow for harder Superpower hits, although now Honchkrow outspeeds me
While Shaymin is faster, Blaziken provides me with hardhitting offense. He works great as a late game cleaner when the walls have been weakened by other members such as Azumarill and Crobat. The other half of my mixed attacking core, he shines in almost every match.

Currently Testing

Ambipom @ LO
Technician
Jolly
252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Fake Out
~Payback
~U-Turn
~Brick Break

Currently using over Porygon2
Ambipom lead, FO for the flinch and a 90 power priority attack. Payback is there to hit pokes on the switchin. U-turn is for obviously scouting the team. I usually use U-Turn when I want Registeel in as soon as possible or if the opposing lead is weak to it instead of Payback. Brick Break is there as Im having some trouble with random pokemon coming in and setting up Screens, and a fighting type attack never hurts to provide coverage.

Threats:
I'll get a threat list in here as soon as possible, but till then I'll just generally list my current problems:
MOLTRES. This thing is so FUCKING ANNOYING and near impoosible for me to take down. My only hope is to sacrficie a pokemon, send Crobat in, Taunt it, and then switch to Azumarill. And if Azumarill is down, its GG then and there, barring a random crit from somewhere. So, any suggestion on a counter? Im free to replacing..well...I cant really see whom to replace, thats the problem :/
Weezing and Slowbro are also problems after Shaymin is down, and to a lesser extent, Blaziken. I can only hope to Taunt Weezing into not w-o-wing, but then it explodes :/

So there's my team, Rate/Hate/Steal(lol be my guest)!!!

haunter

Banned deucer.
First of all, I believe that your Porygon 2 lead would benefit more form a choice specs than from a scarf. Even with the scarf it will only reach 234 Spe which is not enough to outspeed fast leads like Ambipom and Roserade, while with a scarf it achieves a respectable 462 SAtk while also being able to cripple walls like Registeel or Chansey which may come in to absorb a weak ice beam or discharge.
I would also give it thunderbolt over discharge: if you don't trick your specs, then you have a powerful weapon to eliminate bulky waters like Milotic (always 2hko'd by a specs thunderbolt), Azumarill (nearly OHKO'd by thunderbolt even if it runs max HP) and mainly Slowbro (which takes 82.49% - 96.95% from a specs thunderbolt - while a non boosted discharge only does 46.45% - 54.57%).

About Sceptile: sadly with a life orb'd x-scissor you're only doing 50.88% - 59.65% to a 4 HP / 0 Def Shaymin which means that you'll have to predict the switch in to score a 2hko. If I were you, I would replace it with Shaymin: you are already covered on the physical side of the attacking spectrum while bulky waters may give you troubles and Shaymin is the perfect answer to them. Sceptile is too frail and has no way of recovering damage: a predicted ice beam may cost you your only grass pokemon and best special sweeper. My suggestion is to use a life orb Shaymin in this spot:

Shaymin@life orb
nature: timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
-seed flare
-earth power
-hidden power ice / hidden power rock
-rest

Self-explanatory set: the hidden power choice depends on if you fear most other Shaymin or Moltres, while both ice and rock will hit for up to 70% an incoming Crobat (if you can predict the switch in). Rest works perfectly with natural cure and allows Shaymin to last long.

The only problem I see with this team, which, by the way, is very similar to mine :toast:, are strong physical attackers which carry stab rock moves (notably Kabutops and Rhydon) but they can be of course revenge killed.

Good luck!

Basically everything I was going to say was already covered, except a couple things.

I agree with:

Specs>Scarf on P2
Shaymin>Sceptile
-------------------------------

However, there are a couple things I can help with, if you have problems with Regirock and SS, and just in general.

Firstly, I'd change Registeel's EV spread to a more effective spread, it deals with Missy and Espeon much better, two of the most dangerous CM sweepers in the metagame.

Now here is something you may want to try, using HP Grass > Electric on your Blaziken. HP Electric leaves Blaziken with a huge disadvantage; its completely walled by Gastrodon and Quagsire, while Omastar can take an HP Electric, and easily OHKO you with Surf. If you are keen on using HP electric, I'd suggest using Magmorter. Magmortar is basically a "better" version of your Blaziken at wallbreaking, but it lacks the priority. However MixMortar gives you a weapon against Altaria as well.

Now if you really have trouble with Regirock in the sandstorm, AND you want to keep HP electric, I'd suggest using the "Old MixKen" EV spread (the original one, it got changed in the analysis for various reasons, however its a much better "wall breaker"). With the EV spread 240 Atk / 252 SpA / 16 Spe, you still outspeed Milotic (but you don't outspeed Honchkrow anymore) and you can now actually hurt Regirock.

240 Atk Superpower vs Max HP / Min Def Regirock:
336 Atk vs 436 Def & 364 HP (120 Base Power): 258 - 306 (70.88% - 84.07%)

This means that you can now KO it with ease if it switches in on Fire Blast, or something else. In any event, its not going to be sweeping any time soon with Shaymin around too.

Another option is to run the "Choice Specs" Blaziken set, but with Life Orb to OHKO Regirock and still change attacks.

So in short:

-Change Registeel's EVs

-Test other Blaziken options, namely HP Grass and maybe the old spread if you need HP electric.

Thanks for the rates guys, they're really helpful.

I think I will go with the changes to Porygon2 like you said Haunter. I'll try Shaymin out, but then my team basically becomes a carbon copy of yours. Which is kinda good though :P

I guess for now I'll test the different EV spread with HP Grass, and if that fails to succeed spectacularly, its hello Magmortar.

Thanks again, I'll make the changes as soon as possible(read: now)

edit: its not letting me edit the first post for some reason

what would be the IV's for Shaymin with HP Ice?

Thanks for the rates guys, they're really helpful.

I think I will go with the changes to Porygon2 like you said Haunter. I'll try Shaymin out, but then my team basically becomes a carbon copy of yours. Which is kinda good though :P

I guess for now I'll test the different EV spread with HP Grass, and if that fails to succeed spectacularly, its hello Magmortar.

Thanks again, I'll make the changes as soon as possible(read: now)

edit: its not letting me edit the first post for some reason

what would be the IV's for Shaymin with HP Ice?
I was a bit unclear, sorry.

About Blaziken.

The current spread is good for sweeping, and okay for wall breaking, but it basically needs HP Grass to be effective.

So what I suggest is, you keep the current spread, and use HP Grass. If you still have Wall problems or Moltres problems, try the "old" spread (240 Atk / 252 SpA / 16 Spe) with HP Electric. And if you want the speed back again, then I'd suggest switching to Magmortar, because it basically is a better version of your Blaziken atm.

Well it seems that I have overhyped Blaziken in my OP. I guess my matches weren't varied enough. I've found out that Blaziken is pretty much the weakest link in the team, often ends up taking out a pokemon max and then doing pitiful damage to other pokemon which arent weak to its attacks.
I guess I'll test the MixMortar set now, because Blaziken here is meant to be more of a wall breaker than sweeper, which is the role of Shaymin and Azumarill.
As for Pory, Im thinking of adding some attacking move over Recover, as it doesnt see much walling use with its 0 resistances.
Alternatively, could anyone suggest a wallbreaker with some bulk to it? I find it really hard switching Blaziken into the walls its meant to take out..

EDIT: After replacing Sceptile with Shaymin and adding HP grass for blaziken with new EV spread, this team got me to 1300 CRE 1500-1600 rating. which I think is a good start!

However, POry is doing less and less now, and I really get owned by Rain Dance teams. Any suggestions ? :/

Azumarill wants expert belt so that he can bluff a CB.
Also leftovers doesn't compliment the attacking power of Azumarill as does expert belt

50C001: Azumarill has Lefties for reasons, which I DID MENTION in the description. Basically, Azumarill works as a great lategame cleaner, and I dont think that the small boost of the Expert Belt is as good as 6% recovery, especially in SS or Hail. Expert belt wont be activating much as well tbh, Water+Normal+Ice doesnt really get THAT many super effective hits, and the opponent is definately not going to leave something weak to Aqua Jet in on Azumarill.

Edit: I am currently testing an Arcanine lead, after that I'll be testing a ScarfRoserade lead, as I figured I could do with a Scarfer on the team

Awesome team and it looks well constructed from my view. Like the wall breaking blaziken but i actually use a arcanine wall breaker on my team. Generally it has a big movepool and could be viable over Blaziken. Maybe lead with crobat over pory and move pory back into the core of the team. Perhaps LO or CB would be nice on azumarill giving even more power to its monstrous attack stat. Overall a very good team and I dont have too much to comment on as im not solely a UU player

GL

SF

Thanks for the reply

Hmm well Crobat lead doesnt work well for me, as for me a lead has some sort of purpose that helps the rest of the team. In Pory's case its crippling a n opponent with Trick, with LeadArcy its reliably taking out a pokemon and with Ambi its scouting and having priority for later on. Crobat for me is better kept in the wings(no pun intended) for lategame cleaning against stuff like Shaymin, Blaziken and other random slower pokes.

Again, I want to make Azu durable so lefties over LO/CB

I guess I'll add a currently testing section, as Im currently testing Ambipom as lead

lets see you defie moltres . my guess is you see them as a lead . put in regirock as a lead . moltres runs away and you have free stealth rock which renders moltres most of the time completely useless . unfortunately against the very popular roserade leads regirock can't cut it. so you maybe need a lum berry as they ussualy use sleep powder . then again if they use enrgy ball your done . for some reason i don't see the pory lead working . there are many choice leads( roserade , moltres , ...) .
thats about it . i was wondering where you have slipped of. i'm having a spriters and a gamerblock at the moment so you don't see me much on shoddy anymore

Altair

just who is the coon?
I'd probably recommend a TrickScarf Gardy over P2 as the lead. Its fast enough to outrun Electrode, the primary setup on RD teams, and still gets Trace, which means you can beat leading Yanmega and Arcanine. It hits softer than specs P2 (349 for Gardy and 462 for P2) but as mentioned above, it has the ability to get the jump on Ambipom, Yanmega, Crobat, and Electrode crippling them with a scarf.

It can also help you against rain teams to an extent. Trick a scarf turn one, then T-bolt turn 2, which basically guarantees the death of one of the opponent's sweepers, which can greatly help you beat them.

Thanks a lot for replying

BS, regirock wont really work as a lead, you said so yourself :/

I'll test Gardy out for a while. While you're at it, should I give Gardy a status option, if it gets one?

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
I like you team for sure, but I'd like you to test magiccoat > trick and with leftovers on porygon2. Just try it, it bounces back things like stealth rock, hypnosis, thunderwave, and taunt. Try it, it is quite effective as an anti lead.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I like you team for sure, but I'd like you to test magiccoat > trick and with leftovers on porygon2. Just try it, it bounces back things like stealth rock, hypnosis, thunderwave, and taunt. Try it, it is quite effective as an anti lead.
Magic coat doesn't bounce back stealth rock or taunt, read the move description. It would be useful only for Roserade (and the rare Venusaur lead) leads but tracing natural cure will make sleep powder a minor problem.

Definitely trick-scarf Gardevoir may work in place of Porygon2, but without recover and with a mediocre physical defence she won't last as long as Porygon2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)