UUPL XII Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for UUPL XII are now open. If you would like to sign up, please read the following rules. Keep in mind that there are two forms of signups: those for returning managers, and those for people who want to be new managers.
If you are a returning manager, make sure to identify the team which you are reclaiming by the letter assigned to it. Returning managers will be given priority to reclaim their existing teams, but they may not take over a team that was not previously theirs.

Manager name:
Co-manager name (if applicable):
Team name:
Returning manager:
Previous team:

example:

Manager name: Aislinn
Co-manager name (if applicable): Lily
Team name: Iki Town Idols
Returning manager: yes
Previous team: G

For new managers, the returning managers have priority to claim their previous teams, so when choosing a team to take over, try to choose one that will not be taken. Below are the list of teams, their assigned letter, and list of retains:
Manager name:
Team name:
Team preference 1:
Team preference 2:

example:

Manager name: pikachu fan 48
Team name: Sky Pillar Sightseers
Team preference 1: D
Team preference 2: A

note: life is cruel and you may not be guaranteed your first or even second choice!

Team A: Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters
Team B: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Team C: Celestial Tower Tycoons
Team D: Mikan Island Monsters
Team E: Area Zero Pilots
Team F: Safari Zone Smashers
Team G: Iki Town Idols
Team H: Cinnabar Arcade Stars

Standings / Prices from UUPL XI

If you would like to self-purchase as a manager, you may do so. The cost will use the following formula:

(Price last UUPL you played in or 10,000, whichever is higher + (10,000 + (# of wins last UUPL you played in * 1500))) / 2 , rounded up to the nearest .500.

So for example, if I were to do this and I had 1 win in the previous year, my price would be as follows:
(10,000 + (10,000 + (1 * 1500))) / 2 = 10750, rounded up to 11,000.

Note: Players who managed last year cannot be retained. However, they can self-buy if they choose to manage again.

If you would like to retain a player, the price to retain them will be the player's cost from the previous UUPL with an additional 3K cost. The minimum cost to retain a player is 10K credits. The following players, however, were retained in the previous UUPL, and the costs to retain them are as follows:

Moomoo Farm Mysterious Sisters
Highways (20.5k)
avarice (17k)

Celestial Tower Tycoons
N/A

Area Zero Pilots

N/A

Mikan Island Monsters
N/A

Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
N/A

Safari Zone Smashers
N/A

Iki Town Idols
N/A

Cinnabar Arcade Stars
Amukamara - 22k
pdt - 21k

Here are the proposed tiers for UUPL XI.
Code:
SV UU
SV UU
SV UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU
DPP UU
ADV UU
GSC UU
If you'd like to see a change to the format please post in the format thread.

The manager selection process is, for the most part, subjective. However, users who have shown strong involvement in UU and have no active or recent punishments will be favored over users who meet neither of these conditions.

Manager signups will remain up for approximately one week. Yes, you can have co-managers.

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Manager name: Aqua Jet
Co-manager name (if applicable): velvet
Team name: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Returning manager: Yeah
Previous team: B

This is the only tour I've managed and have not made playoffs in and I'm not letting that slide

E: I'm stupid and put E instead of B

Last edited:
Manager name: Aqua Jet
Co-manager name (if applicable): velvet
Team name: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Returning manager: Yeah
Previous team: E

This is the only tour I've managed and have not made playoffs in and I'm not letting that slide
Confirming.
It’s a first for me for uupl, but regarding past uu experiences I’ve mainly just played for uuwc that we made finals for and overall had a cool time in it + have laddered uu/played on some indivs in the past. Managing wise I’m currently managing for ubers wc and rands team tour as well as managing other team tours such as oupl, ndpl, puwc, and etc. under my belt. So hopefully by now I know what it means to help nurture a team to success and be able to open gateways for newer players for team tours. Ty for reading.

Cam

The Colby Covington Of Smogon
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Manager name: Cam
Co-manager name (if applicable): JustFranco
Team name: Area Zero Pilots
Returning manager: Yes
Previous team: E

I've been around playing UU actively and I'd be the returning manager for the pilots, we both made circuit playoffs, Franco was the No.1 seed and hes the finalist as of now and probably one of the more in touch users with UU metagames as a whole.

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager name: justdrew
Co-manager name: Taka
Team name: Any existing name
Team preference 1: any
Team preference 2: any

Ive never failed to make playoffs as manager. 3 times in UUFPL and once in UUSD.

Obviously I’m like top 5 most controversial users in this section, I can’t deny that. It’s also impossible to deny my commitment and effort to this tier over the years. I know how to draft, I’m committing to seeking out new talent and coloring outside the lines, and if given the chance I will take my team (that’ll be ranked 6th or 7th on the PR’s) to playoffs once again. I’m tired of losing.

Last edited:

pdt

is a Past SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Manager name: pdt
Co-manager name (if applicable): Fc
Team name: Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
Team preference 1: H
Team preference 2: G

This is my favorite tournament, and Fc and I both have extensive experience playing and managing with teams to win. We will draft a good, active environment and do our best to win the tournament.

Estarossa

moo?
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderator
C&C Leader
Manager name: Estarossa
Co-manager name (if applicable): Monky25
Team name: Camphrier Town Ladies
Team preference 1: tbc
Team preference 2: tbc

We've both been involved in UU stuff for ages, I was on winning team for UUPL last year and have had great success on like ladies etc b4, monky's got load of experience in team tours too and we cover oldgens + current gen very strongly together in terms of knowledge/support and know the playerbases of everything very well, and have some managing experience in other stuff already. Monky is council for current gen while I'm very involved in a lot of oldgens and play a lot of current gen too.

Will confirm team name / what team preference tomorrow, wanted to get the sign up up tonight in mean time.

Last edited:

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
Manager name: justdrew
Co-manager name: Taka
Team name: Any existing name
Team preference 1: any
Team preference 2: any

Ive never failed to make playoffs as manager. 3 times in UUFPL and once in UUSD.

Obviously I’m like top 5 most controversial users in this section, I can’t deny that. It’s also impossible to deny my commitment and effort to this tier over the years. I know how to draft, I’m committing to seeking out new talent and coloring outside the lines, and if given the chance I will take my team (that’ll be ranked 6th or 7th on the PR’s) to playoffs once again. I’m tired of losing.
confirmed.
1706834429422.jpeg

Manager: BigFatMantis
Co-Manager: MrSoup

Team Name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Bayleef Saints

Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams): Raikous

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I am well-acquainted in the GSC space, particularly the low tiers, with strong tournament success. I have strong team tour experience across several player environments, as well as managing experience in ROA Olypmics and WCOR 2023, leading both of my teams to better results than the previous years. I also know the player base of GSC well, and will sink as many hours as it takes to collect this dub
MrSoup is similarly invested in GSC, particularly within NU and UU, collecting impressive tournament results. He's also not a stranger to all three aspects of the team tour; hes participated in more than he can count, has been very active in GSC lower tier discussions, and has managed WCOR with me and the Rattatas in ALT PL I, with both teams making the semifinals.
Together we make an awesome duo with plenty of experience and a good track record of working together ;)

1706905357541.png

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Manager: BigFatMantis
Co-Manager: MrSoup

Team Name: The Church of Jesus Christ of Ladder-Bayleef Saints

Preferred Retain Pool (Optional, only applies if we end up with 6 teams): Raikous

Why should the Hosting Team pick you?: I am well-acquainted in the GSC space, particularly the low tiers, with strong tournament success. I have strong team tour experience across several player environments, as well as managing experience in ROA Olypmics and WCOR 2023, leading both of my teams to better results than the previous years. I also know the player base of GSC well, and will sink as many hours as it takes to collect this dub
MrSoup is similarly invested in GSC, particularly within NU and UU, collecting impressive tournament results. He's also not a stranger to all three aspects of the team tour; hes participated in more than he can count, has been very active in GSC lower tier discussions, and has managed WCOR with me and the Rattatas in ALT PL I, with both teams making the semifinals.
Together we make an awesome duo with plenty of experience and a good track record of working together ;)

Confirming you didn’t ask me about this and don’t want to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)