Tournament UUPL VIII Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

OP proudly stolen from A Cake Wearing A Hat

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for UUPL VIII are now open. If you would like to sign up, please read the following rules. Keep in mind that there are two forms of signups: those for returning managers, and those for people who want to be new managers.
If you are a returning manager, make sure to identify the team which you are reclaiming by the letter assigned to it. Returning managers will be given priority to reclaim their existing teams, but they may not take over a team that was not previously theirs.

Manager name:
Team name:
Returning manager:
Previous team: (identify by letter assigned)

example:

Manager name: TPP
Team name: Goldenrod City Grunts
Returning manager: yes
Previous team: G

For new managers, the returning managers have priority to claim their previous teams, so when choosing a team to take over, try to choose one that will not be taken. Below are the list of teams, their assigned letter, and list of retains:
Manager name:
Team name:
Team preference 1:
Team preference 2:

example:

Manager name: TPP
Team name: Team Pokepals
Team preference 1: H
Team preference 2: A

note: life is cruel and you may not be guaranteed your first or even second choice!

Team A: Blackthorn City Battle Girls
Team B: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Team C: Driftveil City Doctors
Team D: Mikan Island Monsters
Team E: Ruin Valley Rangers
Team F: Route 30 Youngsters
Team G: Iki Town Idols
Team H: Goldenrod City Grunts
Standings/Prices from UUPL VII

If you would like to retain a player, the price to retain them will be the player's cost from the previous UUPL with an additional 3K cost. The minimum cost to retain a player is 10K credits. The following players, however, were retained in the previous UUPL, and the costs to retain them are as follows:

Blackthorn City Battle Girls
EviGaro - 16K
Kory2600 - 16K

Driftveil City Doctors
Amane Misa - 16K

Mikan Island Monsters
Poek - 26K

Ruin Valley Rangers
Gondra - 16K
Lycans - 27K

Iki Town Idols
fatty - 17K
yeezyknows - 16K

If managers would like to purchase their playing rights, the cost is 10K + (wins in last played UUPL multiplied by 1.5). So if a manager had 2 wins last UUPL, their playing rights will cost 13K this time around.

Here are the tiers for UUPL VIII. Do note that the final tier has not been decided on, and for that reason, we would like to ask you all to choose between GSC UU or Bo3 when signing up. If you wish to have both, then a third option with 3 SS UU slots and both GSC UU and Bo3 is valid.
SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SS UU
SM UU
ORAS UU
BW UU
DPP UU
ADV UU
GSC UU or Bo3 (fixed tiers, SS/SM/ORAS)

The manager selection process is for the most part subjective. However, users who have shown strong involvement in UU and have no active or recent punishments will be favored over users who meet neither of these conditions.

Manager signups will remain up for approximately one week.

Sage

From the River To the Sea
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
clefairy.jpg

Third time's the charm!*
Manager name: Zoey 101
Team name: Iki Town Idols
Returning manager: Ja
Previous team: G
Save GSC!
*T/N: If we lose in finals tiebreakers again this franchise is burning to the ground!

yeezyknows

Banned deucer.
Manager name: yeezyknows
Team name: Canalave City Clowns
Team preference 1: F
Team preference 2: C

I would like to put forth my candidacy for UUPL manager. I've played in the last two uupls and have participated actively in the uu community for the past two and a half years, serving on tiering council and VR council over the past two generations. I've played in the highest level of smogon tournaments and have a solid understanding of how large teamtours function. I'd like to think I have a firm grasp on both the UU playerbase and the Smogon playerbase as a whole, to the point where I can field a competitive team while also fostering the development of new faces in the uu community as a whole.

Thanks for your consideration.

gsc>bo3

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Manager name: vivalospride
Team name: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Team preference 1: B
Team preference 2: idc

technically not a returning manager, GO FRIENDS, god bless pokeisfun, his chess career, and everything else he represents as an individual

gsc > bo3

Last edited:
Manager name: TSR
Team name: Driftveil City Doctors
Team preference 1: C
Team preference 2: E

I'd prefer both Bo3 and GSC to be in this year, the option without GSC slotted in would bring us to 5 SS games per week which sounds a little excessive even if it is the current gen

CBU

Banned deucer.
Manager name: cbu
Team name: Friend Safari Pokemon Trainers
Team preference 1: B
Team preference 2: Anyone else?

Edited to look like an actual post since i signed up on the way to work.

I've played enough UUPLs for both great and bad managers. I'm coming off my most successful year competition-wise and want to bring that momentum to a team I loved being a part of last year. My intent is to maintain the atmosphere the friends had during the past UUPL, provide a chance for new faces to showcase their skills, while being surrounded by supportive veterans.

Bo3>gsc

Last edited:

Pak

vortex
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
champs are back

Manager name: Pak
Team name: Ruin Valley Rangers
Returning manager: yessir
Previous team: E

have both GSC and Bo3, cut the 4th SS

First off, 5 SS slots sounds like mega aids, but more importantly, why would we cut GSC when its playerbase has only grown since its bare-bones introduction a couple years ago? Since then, it's also been added to UU classic, so are we just randomly throwing it in the circuit now? UU classic is one of the few opportunities for newer players to distinguish themselves for this tour in old gens, so was it just a pure waste of time? c'mon.

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
We will be closing manager sign ups tomorrow, probably around this time or a little before. If you wish to manage this UUPL and have not signed up yet, then please do so immediately. As for the final tier, we will be doing a vote with the managers, hosts, and hogg (if necessary to tiebreak) before announcing the final format.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)