UUFPL III - Chapter 4: The Time Before Us All

Monky25

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
UUFPL 3: From the Journals of Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw
Hosted by BigFatMantis and Monky25

1681101458099.png

(art by Fusion Flare)
Tournament Rules and Guidelines
Spreadsheet | Commencement/Admin Thread | Season Schedule
A recent discovery in Klam's Labyrinth of U. Dunder Oozed has revealed a sealed journal belonging to the infamous Captain Ursula S.V. Upshaw. Her storied travels were considered children's myths until this actual relic was uncovered by the 973rd Expeditionary Force. For the first time in our storied history, we are receiving a direct, personal glimpse into the captain's travels. And the findings are remarkable....

Below is an excerpt from Chapter 4 of the journal. Please be aware that the following may contain content not suitable for starter stage Pokemon, reader discretion is advised:

Chapter IV: The Time Before Us All

Lying face first in the middle of a clearing, I rubbed my tired eyes and stood up to stretch. How long was I out for? Fortunately, Quagson and Gengardo were right next to me. They can be irritating, but I deeply treasure my crew. Once we were all awake, we began to explore. We were right in the middle of a lush jungle filled with towering trees and rich fruit. As we walked through an open path, we heard rustling in the bushes. Peeking behind a tree, we saw a pack of Cranidos! These Pokemon are supposed to be extinct, so how far back in time are we? Our first priority was to find shelter and food, and we happened to hear some commotion by a river. A group of ancient Baxcaliburs and a group of ancient Lokix were fighting over a Wailmer!

Chapter 4.1: Blubber Nuggets!
:sv/Baxcalibur:VS :sv/Lokix:
Knights of Baxcalibur (2) vs Gilderoy Lokix (10)
SV UU: Rasche v. mimilimi
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. jawabarat
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. spoo
SVU UU: Parpar v. Hurtadoo
SS UU: TMM v. dunoks
SM UU: Takatk v. Attribute
ORAS UU: PandaDoux v. Amukamara
BW UU: sanguine v. GoldCat
DPP UU: Slip v. Banbadoro
ADV UU: Corperate n v. gorex
GSC UU: Mystras v. Surfy
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Ice Yazu
~~~

While the foolish tribes were fighting, we successfully snatched the Wailmer and cooked up many delicious blubber nuggets. I think Quagson may have extreme Cholesterol issues now. After setting up camp, we took a walk under the beautiful starry sky. Nature was thriving in this era; flocks of Archen, schools of Tirtouga, and herds of Cranidos were plentiful. A mighty Tyranturm let out a roar, while an elegant Aurorus shone under the moonlight. On our way back, Gengardo noticed a funny looking doll that looked like this ඞ and put it into his pocket. As we dozed off, I had a strange dream; I was a spectator in a gladiator match with Shroodles riding Tyrunts facing off against Dollivs on Aerodactyls?!?

Chapter 4.2: Ursula’s Strange Dream
:sv/Shroodle: VS:sv/Dolliv:
Shroodles & Company (4) vs Dolliv Garden (8)
SV UU: RampageWebber v. kythr
SV UU: NoahDeKnight v. TLTK
SV UU: NHelioX7 v. Javi
SVU UU: Ainzcrad v. Sificon
SS UU: JustFranco v. TeamCharm
SM UU: tlenit v. Indigo Plateau
ORAS UU: justdrew v. hjkhj
BW UU: Real FV13 v. GotCookies
DPP UU: Xiri v. Felines
ADV UU: innovamania v. EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: kenny v. romanji
RBY UU: kjdaas v. nicole7735
~~~

Waking up to the loud sound of an Aerodactyl screeching, my crew and I decided to continue our adventure into this prehistoric era. We crossed a valley of Mushrooms, and because of my battle experience, I had a feeling we were being watched by an enemy, blending into its surroundings, hunting its next meal. We saw what looked like a temple, and as we walked to it, Quagson stepped on a pressure plate, causing arrows to be shot at us! We ran for our lives into the temple; it looked scary but how bad could it be! How wrong was I! Tricks and traps laid afoot, shooting out waves of thunder, wisps of willo, and spikes of toxin at us to take us out. What lay in this temple to require so much protection? We eventually made it to a room full of statues of Pokemon. Suddenly, numerous Skeledirge statues came to life. However, the doll in Gengardo’s pocket radiated, and statues of Spidops came to our aid to pave a path for us to get through!

Chapter 4.3: The Reanimation Situation
:sv/Spidops: VS:sv/Skeledirge:
Black Ops Spidops (5) vs Skeledirge’s of the Sea (7)
SV UU: Tal0 v. Scalescale
SV UU: Chaos23333 v. Corporate Donkey
SV UU: baconeatinassassin v. autumn
SVU UU: KM v. Spellcaster
SS UU: Inder v. zoe
SM UU: 691 v. Estarossa
ORAS UU: Dj Breloominati♬ v. Fathiryxi
BW UU: Tack v. dingbat
DPP UU: Heysup v. burstbean
ADV UU: Alkione v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: pp's splash town v. MrSoup
RBY UU: iKiQ v. Unowndragon
~~~

Waking down the final corridor, we saw half-eaten bodies and skeletons of Pokemon, including large foes like Aerodactyl. Quagson was nervous, while Gengardo was excited to see what type of strong foe awaited. I readied my hammer, Gengardo put on his Choice Specs, and Quagson ate some leftover blubber nuggets as we walked into the final room, desolate apart from one special amulet laying in the sun. There, we saw a colossal being rush towards us– not a mushroom, but a dinosaur! It was truly a brutal bonnet. Gengardo rushes to attack with Sludge Bomb, but he gets taken out in one hit by Sucker Punch. The monster avoids Quagson’s Toxic, puts him to sleep with Spore, and KOes him with Bullet Speed. This was the sleep and speed attack strategy the monster used to rule over larger dinosaurs even. I clashed with the beast, but his uncompetitive Sleep tactics proved too much. The floor began to open with a lava pit underneath. As I was about to be sent to my demise, explorers of time and darkness, Dave’s Dudunsparces, came to my rescue. Apparently they also had been sucked in a wormhole many years prior and sent to the ancient past. The Monster had its own allies too of Cetitans being mind controlled by its spores! It was now or never to defeat the beast and free those under its control!

Chapter 4.4: Brutal Battle over the Lava Pit!
:sv/Dudunsparce: VS :sv/Cetitan:
Dave’s Dudunsparces (6) vs Attack on Cetitan (6)
SV UU: dex v. Kev
SV UU: tier v. Azick
SV UU: Monai v. pokemonisfun
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. udongirl
SS UU: Leru v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Lily v. sasha
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. jay
BW: SOMALIA v. Feaniix
DPP: Cubic Skunk v. avarice
ADV: LBN v. airfare
GSC: MTB v. Sulo
RBY: Fc v. chub
~~~

After the battle, the creature looked distraught. It couldn’t speak, but it showed us all the drawings it made. It befriended a human who also traveled into the past, but eventually the human passed away, leaving it angry and violent over the loss of its dear companion. It protected the human’s treasured amulet as its only memory of it. However, after seeing our determination, the Brute Bonnet agreed to give us the amulet, radiating temporal energy, and went on its way to start anew. The Cetitans returned home, and both the Dudunsparces and my crew began to travel in time, with the Dudunsparces arriving in their own era before we head to ours. We arrived back at my house in Neo Arcadia. How it was good to be home! As I walked outside to greet my neighbor, Mr. Donathan D. Phan, I noticed something was odd about his appearance. He had glowing red eyes and Iron Treads over his body. He was a robot! All other Pokemon in my neighborhood like Hariyama Grande and Hydreigon Spectacles were also now robots. This could only mean one thing– we went too far into the future where everyone is robots!

To be continued……

:Brute Bonnet: UUFPL Week 4 Journal Challenge - Brutal Awakening! :brute Bonnet:
If you'd like to get a "Journal Point" for UUFPL Week 4, then go on the SV UU Ladder with a team comprised of Tinkaton, Brute Bonnet, and any other four mons, and you must do the following: KO at least one Pokemon with Brute Bonnet's Sucker Punch, and KO at least one Pokemon with Brute Bonnet while it is asleep. Any UUFPL Player can do this but benched players are encouraged to especially do it.

--

Knights of Baxcalibur (0) vs Gilderoy Lokix (0)
SV UU: Rasche v. mimilimi
SV UU: UnzipsCrogre v. jawabarat
SV UU: Goro Yagami v. spoo
SVU UU: Parpar v. Hurtadoo
SS UU: TMM v. dunoks
SM UU: Takatk v. Attribute
ORAS UU: PandaDoux v. Amukamara
BW UU: sanguine v. GoldCat
DPP UU: Slip v. Banbadoro
ADV UU: Corperate n v. gorex
GSC UU: Mystras v. Surfy
RBY UU: Sabelette v. Ice Yazu

Shroodles & Company (0) vs Dolliv Garden (0)
SV UU: RampageWebber v. kythr
SV UU: NoahDeKnight v. TLTK
SV UU: NHelioX7 v. Javi
SVU UU: Ainzcrad v. Sificon
SS UU: JustFranco v. TeamCharm
SM UU: tlenit v. Indigo Plateau
ORAS UU: justdrew v. hjkhj
BW UU: Real FV13 v. GotCookies
DPP UU: Xiri v. Felines
ADV UU: innovamania v. EllingtonReborn
GSC UU: kenny v. romanji
RBY UU: kjdaas v. nicole7735

Black Ops Spidops (0) vs Skeledirge’s of the Sea(0)
SV UU: Tal0 v. Scalescale
SV UU: Chaos23333 v. Corporate Donkey
SV UU: baconeatinassassin v. autumn
SVU UU: KM v. Spellcaster
SS UU: Inder v. zoe
SM UU: 691 v. Estarossa
ORAS UU: Dj Breloominati♬ v. Fathiryxi
BW UU: Tack v. dingbat
DPP UU: Heysup v. burstbean
ADV UU: Alkione v. Mossy Sandwich
GSC UU: pp's splash town v. MrSoup
RBY UU: iKiQ v. Unowndragon

Dave’s Dudunsparces (0) vs Attack on Cetitan (0)
SV UU: dex v. Kev
SV UU: tier v. Azick
SV UU: Monai v. pokemonisfun
SVU UU: Aqua Jet v. udongirl
SS UU: Leru v. Liz Angeles
SM UU: Lily v. sasha
ORAS UU: Sylvi v. jay
BW: SOMALIA v. Feaniix
DPP: Cubic Skunk v. avarice
ADV: LBN v. airfare
GSC: MTB v. Sulo
RBY: Fc v. chub

DEADLINE FOR ALL MATCHES IS SUNDAY April 16 @ 11:59 PM GMT-4! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!

Last edited by a moderator:
:sv/Scyther: WEEK 4 WEEKLY HOST TIER RANKINGS :sv/Zarude:
Sponsored by NBC. Proud as a Peacock.

At the start of each week, we will rank the top 10 SV and top 5 other tiers for those starting in the week. Our rankings are based on science and research and are probably 100% accurate, but there is a hint of subjectivity to them. We take into account prior successes and failures, current status within the tier, and performance in previous weeks/overall records. We DON'T take into account games already played this week so pretend those didn't happen, and if for example you aren't ranked yet you beat someone like KM before this post was made, you will likely move up in rank for next week! Or if you already subbed out, you may still be on this list! So here we have it:

:Tinkaton: SV Rankings
  1. kythr
  2. Monai
  3. pokemonisfun
  4. RampageWebber
  5. Chaos23333
  6. Scalescale
  7. Azick
  8. TLTK
  9. tier
  10. dex

:Slither Wing: SV U Rankings
  1. Parpar
  2. TyCarter
  3. udongirl
  4. KM
  5. Beraldo

:Hatterene: SS Rankings
  1. JustFranco
  2. dunoks
  3. Liz Angeles
  4. TeamCharm
  5. Inder

:Primarina: SM Rankings
  1. Indigo Plateau
  2. Lily
  3. tlenit
  4. 691
  5. Estarossa

:Doublade: ORAS Rankings
  1. Amukamara
  2. hjkhj
  3. DJ Breloominati♬
  4. Sylvi
  5. justdrew

:Victini: BW Rankings
  1. Tack
  2. sanguine
  3. dingbat
  4. SOMALIA
  5. Real FV13

:Leafeon: DPP Rankings
  1. Heysup
  2. Slip
  3. Xiri
  4. burstbean
  5. Felines

:Linoone: ADV Rankings
  1. HANTSUKI
  2. gorex
  3. Alkione
  4. innovamania
  5. EllingtonReborn

:Granbull: GSC Rankings
  1. MrSoup
  2. pp's splash town
  3. corvere
  4. MTB
  5. Mystras

:Hypno: RBY Rankings
  1. UnownDragon
  2. Ice Yazu
  3. Fc
  4. kjdaas
  5. chub

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)