Project UU Teambuilding Competition V2 - On Hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sd Heracross Webs:Ribombee: :Tsareena: :Zarude: :Polteageist: :Heracross: :Rotom Wash:
I needed something easy to build cuz I cant build so I chose webs. I started off this team with Ribombee as my setter because I felt that araq would be to slow-paced for the team I wanted to make and Rimbombee seems more fast-paced if that makes sense. Tsareena as a spinner because of boots and triple axel which is good for spinblockers like poltea, mini, and godlurk we don't talk about chandy doub or alowak and sd heracross because I needed to and its a really solid breaker on webs rn. After that I realized that I lose to poltea so I quickly added bulk up zarude which is also like my tsa 2.0, np rotom w for darm and for bug type switchins and poltea because its broken, while provides a spin blocker. Simple explanation but the team really puts in the work, while laddering with it I realized that chandy esp boots chandy is danger for this team but it can be easily revenged by hera. I hope you find success with it and don't @ me if you lose with it.

Notily

dirt rich
:heracross::rotom-wash::klefki::zarude::starmie::mudsdale:

hera + rotom-w volt-turn i made shortly after zarude dropped when everyone was spamming it as their water resist / rotom check, as hera gets to click whatever it wants pretty freely vs it. ended up going with scarf rotom as it helped a lot with role compression. klefki fit really well as the vern check + zarude pivot, volt-turn always appreciates spikes + the disruption it offers w/ dual status helps hera break. i added zarude next to help cover the grasses rotom invites in + teacup check. i went with boots + jungle healing as i needed it to consistently switch in + threaten out the slowtwins. my counterplay to fighting types was pretty dire at this point and i definitely needed hazard control, so i finished the team off with bulky starmie + mudsdale. reasoning is that other keldeo pivots overlapped with something / made it hard to fit hazard control and i didnt want to use shitass palo to check the rock dogs on an offensive build like this.

Time for me to pull up with another gimmick team ( which is what I call every team I build, even the more "serious" ones)

Imposter Volturn BO (ft. Para Spam)
1599875055546.png1599875207993.png1599877184256.png
1599877258170.png1599877216512.png
1599877457298.png

Zoroark @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

Slowbro-Galar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Megahorn

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn

Klefki @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Mow @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Defog
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm

Zoroak has an impressive movepool, meaning it can bluff effectively, especially with the introduction of boots. However it
does mean it suffers a bit from 4MSS, so I had to take that in account when making this team. NP is standard, U turn is for gaining momentum, knock of is STAB and annoys boots holders, and sludge bomb for coverage. The teamates chosen usually share one move with it, or are dedicated to check Zor's usual answers.

Slowbro G handles fairy and fighting types while also acting as a decoy or something to bluff as with Illusion intact. This makes the opponent think twice before sending in dark types only to be chipped down by U-turn. Whenever this happens, Heracross is the likely candidate to come in, acting as a revenge killer instead of the usual guts wallbreaker. This not only allows it to net a few suprise kills, with moxie it allows it to clean up late game. It's best to bring it in via volturn to avoid revealing that it dosent have a flame orb.

Rhyperior is a tank, trading SE hits from left to right, while Klefki brings utility in spikes and twave. Both form a hazard stacking core and check top tier threats in noivern and lycanroc. Finally, Rotom Mow brings defog/volturn/twave support, and applies a lot of pressure when a game starts, due to way Illusion works, meaning the opponent can't tell if it's Zor or not. Either way, this guarantees I can pivot out of any bad matchup with the right play.​

Lily

it's in my blood
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnus
UU Leader
Congrats on the win, Notily! :horse:

Week 8 - Chandelure

Use any set you want!

Chandelure's insane STAB moves and ludicrously high Special Attack stat make it a very spooky wallbreaker. It's rising in usage since one of the most prominent Dark-types in the tier, Zarude, can't really handle it at all. Let's see what you guys can come up with!!

Teams are due by Friday, September 25th.

Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Trick

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 100 SpD / 116 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Defog
- Thunder Wave

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Roost

Zarude @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing
- Darkest Lariat
- Power Whip

Cobalion @ Chople Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

I'm gonna be honest, I keep forgetting Chandelure exists. After looking at the subject for this week, I really wanted to use Chandy+Mamo, as they shred each other's answers fairly well. I didn't quite decide on a Chandy set till later through the build, but I believe I started with SubCM. I added Washtom as a much needed Ground immunity, a defogger, as well as a pivot into things like Noivern and Mamoswine. Washtom also allows me to Volt-Switch into Chandelure/Mamoswine. Next up is Noivern, which is my main Keldeo answer, which Rotom-Wash helps check. Noivern also functions as back-up speed control behind Chandelure and Ice Shard from Mamo, and can bring in both via U-turn. After Noivern, I added Zarude as a much needed pivot into the Kanto-Slowtwins. It also functions as the team's stallbreaker, being able to get past Quagsire, Chansey, and Pyukumuku. Cobalion is the team's rocker, as well as emergency check to Terrakion, Lycanroc-Dusk, and opposing Zarude. It also threatens Sylveon, which is beneficial for the team. After a few games of testing, this team is pretty good vs opposing offense, as no member of this team (if played correctly) is giving up free turns, except for a poorly timed, choice locked, Chandelure. It does struggle vs stupid things like Belly Drum Galarbro (thanks estarossa) and Competitive Milotic. It also doesn't matchup very well vs Webs, but it's not unwinnable. Overall, this is an okay team that utilizes the subject of this week decently, and displays it's offensive potential, which people seem to forget about.

Hex Chandy Only Chandy :Dragalge: :Rotom-Wash: :terrakion: :Chandelure: :Mienshao: :Seismitoad:
Hi its me again. When trying to build with chandelure I decided to use what is imo the best set it's also my favourite hex boots. The first two members other then Chandelure where Dragalge and Rotom W. Rotom w for a pivot, defogger, ground immunity and it has busted twave. Dragalge was originally Gweez but then I changed it because it can also pivot (on fat steels into chandy), it can deal with sylveon better and water type attacks, I already have a ground immunity and defogger and it can get up tpikes which is why I decided dragalge. I then went for belt rocks seismi for rocks, to switching to Rotom w and it has an amazing surprise factor with pwhip/icepunch/ liquid it can hit almost everything in this tier for a shit ton of damage and even an OHKO. The last 2 mons were my other breakers being banded terrak and choice scarf mienshao. Scarf mienshao for pivot and for better spe control on this time while also getting access to koff which is pesky for the tpikes. Banded terrak because it goes batshit crazy being able to fuckover the entire tier with 2hkos or ohkos with megahorn for those mowtoms/slowtwins/zarude. Overall this team is very strong over is a little too dependant on rotom w/ dragalge being your main to go switchins, however with its pivots you can almost surely find yourself in an amazing position to mess over your op. Thanks for reading and I hope you find success with this team.

1600885538829.png
1600885549581.png
1600885572977.png
1600885577250.png
1600885583578.png
1600885587986.png
Kind of a wonky team. Like 467 above me, I wanted to make use of Hex Chandelure + Toxic Spikes, and in the process ended up going full-on spikestack. Tentacruel and Chandelure have been a nice tandem for generations, covering some of each others' weaknesses but more importantly helping set each other up for success.

Druddigon rounds out these guys by providing Stealth Rock and Glare support, and with its Rough Skin it can really annoy opposing physical attackers. Mienshao and Noivern are good on about any team, and I wanted them on this one in order to provide some speed control and revenge killing. The last piece is Klefki, which offers some valuable secondary resistances to Fairy and Rock attacks while also spamming status moves and Spikes to help out the rest of the squad.

So that's about it. Spikes and status are the backbone of this team, and you can definitely win some tough matchups with it. Pretty fun to use.

This was just an old team of mine that had a few modifications, revolving around pairing Chandy with mons that hate Weezing in exchange for making its life easier, but it works well in the meta nonetheless.

CM CHANDELURE BO + SPIKES
1600910382778.png1600910530578.png
1600910640709.png

1600910766574.png1600910694039.png1600910741342.png
Zarude @ Choice Band
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- Power Whip

Golisopod @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Life
- First Impression
- Liquidation

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave

Chandelure @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Energy Ball
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

Noivern @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower

For this week, I've decided to build around Calm Mind Chandelure, which in my experience allows it to take advantage of common walls such as sylveon/ weezing g and clean up late game. Zarude was the perfect partner, as with CB it can leave holes and smack chansey hard. Golisipod + Rotom Wash complement the previous pair by completing a FWG core and lift of the pressure from Zarude being the only water check and volturn user. Goli abuses the switches it forces to lay spikes and check fast threats, while Rotom can cripple fat stuff with trick and offers speed control with twave and CS, all of which helps Chandy to close up the match.
Sylveon keeps the team healthy with wish + healbell while king tier Noivern has defog to boot, pretty standard to any build.

I hope you guys appreciate the direction i took with this team, thx for reading and have a good day. (The speed evs on Goli are to outspeed Rhyperior's sample set btw)​

I would like to come forward with the truth about the message that taxicabby has writtten

driftingover because 467 is a smogon criminal :v4:

[17:27] 467 11 11p: taxi ive come too far on this just to lose the vote. please vote for which team you think is best https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/uu-teambuilding-competition-v2-week-8-chandelure.3667153/
[17:27] taxicabby: LOL
[17:27] taxicabby: ok
[17:28] 467 11 11p: lmaooo corruption in uu team threads
try a bribe next time kid
In no means did I intent or want for him to vote for me, I simply said please vote for which team you think is best which is in no means is my team! (imma garbage builder) I simply wanted my good friend taxi to express his freedom of speech on Pokemon Showdown by giving him the confidence boost that he need to vote which changes the underused teambuilding thread as we know It. I simply said I've come too far to lose the vote because I simply wanted taxi to see the team that I made, and the corruption was a mere joke a jest between 2 friends one could say. Overall I think taxicabby (yes a taxi, not a cooler car) is spouting complete nonsense and is trying to accuse me of utter bullshit! I think that I should no go to UU jail due to the lack of evidence and witnesses towards the crime thank you for reading and TaxiCab I will be seeing you in smogon court for Defamation of Character. Im voting for Sickist by the way cuz I love mamo, you may take away my teambuilding royalties but you cannot take away my voice!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)