UU Team

I have to make a team for an UU Tier Tournament.

So far I have picked these 6 Pokémon. Teams are themed and I got lucky to have a Bug team, so I need atleast 3 Bug types on my team.

Pinsir
Beedrill
Shuckle
Skuntank
Lanturn
Mr. Mime

Looking to make the team have as few weaknesses as possible, or atleast as few weaknesses in common as possible.

I have not selected move-sets yet. I am just looking at weaknesses right now. I usually build my move-sets to counter the weaknesses I figure I would see a lot. As a Bug team I would figure I would see less Psychic types and more Fire or Flying. That is why I chose Lanturn. Well that reason and with my Lanturn I have swept teams with him before.

Any tips or changes would be great.

By just looking at it, you have a massive Pinsir weak. A sandslash would help cover that weakness. But I'm not sure what to take out for it as you haven't explained the role of each pokemon and their moves, making it very hard for people to fix your team.

By just looking at it, you have a massive Pinsir weak. A sandslash would help cover that weakness. But I'm not sure what to take out for it as you haven't explained the role of each pokemon and their moves, making it very hard for people to fix your team.
Do you mean I have a weakness to Pinsir?

I am just looking for UU Pokémon with less weaknesses. Everything else I can work out myself.

I know I can throw on some Pokemon like Lopunny or Kangaskhan and only have to worry about Fighting moves. I think the team I had listed shows very little weaknesses in common. The biggest being Fire and Rock, which the Lanturn would cover the Fire weakness.

Mr. Mime I believe will end up a Baton Passer. I think my Beedrill will be a Toxic Spiker. I was thinking of maybe changing Mr. Mime for Claydol to get a Stealth Rock Rapid Spinner.

Do you mean I have a weakness to Pinsir?

I am just looking for UU Pokémon with less weaknesses. Everything else I can work out myself.

I know I can throw on some Pokemon like Lopunny or Kangaskhan and only have to worry about Fighting moves. I think the team I had listed shows very little weaknesses in common. The biggest being Fire and Rock, which the Lanturn would cover the Fire weakness.

Mr. Mime I believe will end up a Baton Passer. I think my Beedrill will be a Toxic Spiker. I was thinking of maybe changing Mr. Mime for Claydol to get a Stealth Rock Rapid Spinner.

Yup, Pinsir would Tear this team apart. Someting like CC/ Stone Edge/ Earthquacke/ X - Scissor would decimate your team (Everything is weak to it).

You should look at other RMTs and use the layout they use. It makes it easier to fix, so you will get alot more fixes. :happybrain:

Pinsir pretty much rules the UU metagame. It's pathetic. Though the only way to really "counter" it are faster pokemon or bukly waters like Closyer or Quagsire. Predicting around Pinsir's attacks is usually the way to go.

look into getting an Armaldo. it fits the team theme, and can rapid spin away those stealth rocks that will hurt your teammates.

look into getting an Armaldo. it fits the team theme, and can rapid spin away those stealth rocks that will hurt your teammates.
I just took a look at Armaldo last night. I was searching to find Pokemon that could use Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Only thing I don't like about Armaldo is the dang 87.5% Male 12.5% Female. Slows down Nature breeding and IV breeding a bit for me. But maybe just pairing it with just Dittos would be o.k. and forget worry about a female.

The Strategy PokeDex has Armaldo listed with the moves,
  • Rock Blast
  • Stealth Rock
  • Knock Off/Rapid Spin
  • Toxic
Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin I will use, but I am not a fan of Toxic. I don't like moves with low accuracy. I am not a risky person. Any other suggestions for a 4th move or maybe changing Toxic and Rock Blast for something else? Maybe Screech to try and force a switch? Only thing there is Screech going to be enough to get someone to switch with Stealth Rock out?

Also, I have Pinsir on my team and I am the only Bug Team in the tournament. Not saying others may not have it on their team, but I don't see many using Pinsir.

I have about a month to finish my team, so maybe I can post more once I get further along in my team building.

I just took a look at Armaldo last night. I was searching to find Pokemon that could use Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin. Only thing I don't like about Armaldo is the dang 87.5% Male 12.5% Female. Slows down Nature breeding and IV breeding a bit for me. But maybe just pairing it with just Dittos would be o.k. and forget worry about a female.

The Strategy PokeDex has Armaldo listed with the moves,
  • Rock Blast
  • Stealth Rock
  • Knock Off/Rapid Spin
  • Toxic
Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin I will use, but I am not a fan of Toxic. I don't like moves with low accuracy. I am not a risky person. Any other suggestions for a 4th move or maybe changing Toxic and Rock Blast for something else? Maybe Screech to try and force a switch? Only thing there is Screech going to be enough to get someone to switch with Stealth Rock out?

Also, I have Pinsir on my team and I am the only Bug Team in the tournament. Not saying others may not have it on their team, but I don't see many using Pinsir.

I have about a month to finish my team, so maybe I can post more once I get further along in my team building.
There is no need for SR on it if you have Shuckle. You could possibly go with the rock polish varient, just with one less move.

There is no need for SR on it if you have Shuckle. You could possibly go with the rock polish varient, just with one less move.
Oh I was going to go with Armaldo over Shuckle. I think the team needs Pinsir and I really like my Beedrill he-he. Jolly Nature 16 / 30 / 22 / 5 / 31 / 31 IVs.

What about this for Armaldo
Impish Nature
Zoom Lens
  • Stealth Rock
  • Rapid Spin
  • Screech
  • Rock Tomb
Maybe Adamant Nature for more power. Rock Tomb would be 96% accurate with Zoom Lens and it is slow anyway, so it would be last to move.

I only have one thing to add. I know beedrill is a must on your team but that thing is going to get knocked out fast. Are you planning on a baton pass to beedrill to make it more sturdy?

p.s. Hi Buzz. :P

Pinsir is no longer a UU pokemon, so scrambling around to counter it is no longer needed. Also, you'll have to remove Pinsir from your own team.

Mothim and Venemoth are both very good bug pokemon. Both 4x resist fighting so getting them in isn't hard. The best Venemoth set is Specs Tinted Lense bug buzz. Mothim is fun with endure/substitute and Salac, because of the Swarm boost that Bug Buzz gets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)