UU UU Masters IV - Round 4

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
UU Masters IV

banner made by Lily

Welcome to the fourth iteration of UU Masters! Matchups are standard SS UU, best-of-three, double elimination.​

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard SS UU.
  • Best-of-three, double elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!, ideally on the smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.

Battle Clauses:
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, they lose.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.
  • Dynamax Clause: You cannot Dynamax your Pokemon.
General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer the widest range of time possible to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
That aside, feel free to get back to me if you still have any questions regarding this tournament after reading this post.

Points for the 2022 UU Tournament Circuit will be awarded accordingly for people who perform well in this tournament.

Winners Bracket

Chaos23333  vs  Chaitanya
GasaiYunoSan  vs  Phalonix
Eledyr  vs  P.kaCHEW
pokemonisfun  vs  Corperate n
Meru  vs  Lyss
wesh papillon  vs  dunoks
Pak  vs  Danny
Moutemoute  vs  robjr
jeza.p  vs  Sage
KSt3ve  vs  BigFatMantis
Cam  vs  umbry
Prof.Otaku  vs  Adaam
Raptor  vs  kythr
TotomonGang  vs  Chloe
Lily  vs  Fakee
Armada  vs  Quartosa

Losers Bracket

ProDigeZz  vs  Micciu
DugZa  vs  Sirwings
Cielau  vs  Estarossa
avarice  vs  pannuracotta
Inder  vs  bb skarm
DonSalvatore  vs  TJ
haxlolo  vs  false
airfare  vs  TheKingKarp
Monky25  vs  KM
MagearnaTheBoss vs  Alaba TT
Indigo Plateau  vs  Amane Misa
zben  vs  Allen-xia
Mystras Leoxses  vs  skimmythegod
StarFalcon555  vs  Mimilucha
Xiri  vs  hariyana grande
Aqua Jet  vs  udongirl

The deadline for this round is Sunday, 13 February (11:59 PM GMT-5).
Extension deadline is Wednesday, 9 February (11:59 PM GMT-5)

updated to post #39

Last edited by a moderator:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
HL match ups (pls tell when playing if you see this >_<)

Chaos23333  vs  Chaitanya - Chaos has been on the periphery and has been winning games at least, including several UU tournaments. He's notably been doing several suspects in a row now for UU, so it's good seeing participation at all levels. Chaitanya is the consummate UU tournament player - focusing basically solely on UU tours to the extent they focus on UU. And off possibly a top 10 or top 5 performance in the most recent UU team tour, I think deserves to be a HL match.
Meru  vs  Lyss - Meru loves to troll people in UU discord but he's actually competent as well, apparently, like Chaitanya, Meru also had an extremely strong performance in UU snake except he played CG - all the more impressive to me. Lyss on the other hand has been present in UU for some time more than Meru and has an excellent network of friends considering Lyss, unlike Meru, does not insult everyone they meet.
Moutemoute  vs  robjr - Least confident council member vs former council member, rob is probably hungry to win right now. The first and only time I saw him somewhat upset was when he was haxed by Adaam in BFM tour - he is a tournament pro. Moute also must be hungry after a very mixed 2021.
jeza.p  vs  Sage - Jeza has dabbled in UU things (suspect, team tours) recently and at least managed to get this far without losing a match. Sage is ancient and dabbled in basically everything UU has had to offer and just proved her prowess in pokemon by getting to RBY UU Qualifier finals, having no experience in the tier, **and** playing an extra round. Sage should be the favorite here given her long history, this is a check up on her basically.
KSt3ve  vs  BigFatMantis - Two rather involved members - both of whom are present on the ladder occasionally while Ksteve does a few more discord things and BFM is a bit more on forum things, plus he's hosting his own side discord tour that has attracted extremely talented players. I think BFM is more willing to explore and use off beat things, Kst3ve often uses 5 viables + a meme but BFM just goes full meme so this will be interesting. Maybe it's his experience in old gens that gives BFM creativity.
Cam  vs  umbry - Cam has come off an uninspiring (and unlucky) UUSD but he's back for wins now. Umbry has had a much better time in that tournament and no doubt wants to look good in UU things since she wants to comanage a UUPL team. Pretty interesting MU in terms of their history - Cam cancelled and banished, Umbry a strong elite player.
TotomonGang  vs  chlo - TotomonGang has been involved in most aspects of UU for over a year now I believe and chlo kind of...idk Chlo is certainly good I'm sure. Mainly wanted to HL this since TotomonGang may be breaking out now, similar to Chaos23333.

Losers Bracket

ProDigeZz  vs  Micciu - they are kind of funny how they post about each other, and both have been dabbling in UU things - ProDigezz being the #2 ranked circuit player last year and Micciu testing their mettle in many room tours.
Monky25  vs  KM - two newest CM in UU, Monky25 being extremely thirsty and KM being extremely creative
Xiri  vs  hariyana grande - Xiri has been for years one of the best low tier players while hariyana grande is apparently rekindling interest in forum/discord things after being a PS UU room main for a long while
Aqua Jet  vs  udongirl - Jet is the brightest ray of sunshine who, a couple months ago in a laddering session with me showed some talent by handily beating multiple 1500s. He's very much the consummate UU community member, being in basically all parts of UU but never really broken out as an above average player yet, which I'm sure he wants to do soon. Udongirl has been an exceptional ladder player that garnered the attention of many ladderers.
Indigo Plateau  vs  Amane Misa - two council members again, actually both haven't been playing many tours recently, not playing in UUSD or bigfatmantis' tour, recently so this might be their most high profile game in a few months.

Last edited:

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I flipped the unplayed extension game, since the deadline for that has passed
MagearnaTheBoss vs silver grace

silver grace vs Alaba TT

I can grant an extension for this if needed. Do let me know.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Some times...hope these games are public!
  1. Sage vs Jeza.P: Sat/Sun 12 PM GMT -5
  2. Moute vs Robjr: Friday 1 PM GMT -5
  3. Aqua Jet vs Udongirl: Friday 3:30 PM GMT -5
  4. Umbry vs Cam: Saturday 10 AM GMT-5
  5. Indigo Plateau vs Amane Misa: Saturday 1 PM GMT -5
  6. Lolo vs Fake: Sunday 8-9 AM GMT -5
  7. Meru vs Lyss: Sunday ??
  8. Kst3ve vs BigFatMantis: Sunday evening GMT+1

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)