UU in OU, My First RMT

Hello everyone, I'm new here, and wanted you guys to rate my team for me. I might get some pictures up, but i'm crunched for time right now. This team is designed for mainly OU/standard play, but I find it enjoyable to use unorthodox pokemon. I have some battles on my youtube channel with pokemon from this team (http://youtube.com/user/cybernwyvern49). (Sorry if I am not allowed to post my channel) Anyway, onto the team!

*In the guide, items with a ? by them are up for replacement/scrutiny*

Ledian (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/6 Spd/100 SAtk?
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Light Screen
- Bug Buzz?
- U-turn
- Reflect

Ledian is my typical dual screener. I use him as a lead for two reasons. One is that if he isn't first, Stealth Rock will wreck him. The other is his Bug typing, which scares the Azelf leads that we all see so often. Bug Buzz is sort of a filler, so maybe I could replace it with another physical move, what do you think? If Bug Buzz goes, then the EV's could be fixed as well. Maybe I should just scrap him altogether? I just realized that Ii have no Speed EVs, which is a problem.

*REPLACED BY PINSIR (SEE BOTTOM)*

Hitmontop @ Muscle Band?
Ability:Technician
EVs?:252 Atk/126 Def/126 SDef/6 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Bullet Punch?
- Rapid Spin

Behold Prioritop! This Hitmontop is all about clearing out any low health pokemon. It is good cleanup at the end of the game. STABed Technician Mach Punch along with Sucker Punch can do some damage to the likes of Heatran and Psychics and Ghosts, respectively. Bullet Punch provides mediocre coverage, so it probably should be swapped out. I was thinking Close Combat for a stronger STAB against people who I outspeed anyway, like Tyranitar. He's also my spinner, which is good to get rid of Stealth Rock so after I U-turn with Ledian I can actually switch him back in. Please comment on Hitmontop even if Hitmonchan is better, because I still want to use him in other teams.

Manectric @ Choice Specs
Ability: Static
EVs: 6 Def/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam?
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Manectric is an awesome special sweeper. Specs makes is SAtk 464 coupled with a Speed stat of 339, which makes him a force to be reckoned with. Thunderbolt over Thunder here, because it's more consistent and has more uses, and since Manectric is my main sweeper, he can't be running out of his main weapon. Signal Beam is mostly filler, so another option would be greatly appreciated. Overheat is absolutely awesome. It catches Scizor, Breloom, and Skarmory totally off guard.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs?: 152 HP/252 Def/100 SAtk/6 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Sludge Bomb

My two walls on this team work great with each other, and are both inspired by Uutton, one of my favorite youtube battlers. Sludge Bomb for STAB and Grass coverage, Tbolt for the likes of Gyrados and Flying like Skarmory and Aerodactyl. With this set Weezing can switch in on almost any physical attack, Willowisp the attacker, and then possibly pain split off any damage on the switch. I can then switch out to any other poke depending on the situation or just willowisp again. That s why Weezing is a beastly wall.

Registeel @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs?: 100 HP/100 Atk/100 Def/58 Spd/152 SDef
Adamant nature? (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Explosion?
- Toxic?
- Superpower

Registeel is probably one of the best walls in the game, and my personal favorite. His moveset is still up in the air, since he has so many options. Iron Head is for STAB, since i want him to be able to attack as well as wall. Superpower is for Blissey and Ttar, since Blissey comes in on Weezing a lot, and Ttar comes in on Registeel himself. Toxic or Thunder Wave, that is the question. Twave to cripple sweepers, or Toxic to break walls? In the last slot I either want Rest to increase Registeel's longevity, Stealth Rock with this team desparetely needs, or Explosion to finish off that annoying poke that I can't do anything to otherwise.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature? (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace?
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Stone Edge?

Dugtrio is your friendly neighborhood revenge killer. Aerial Ace for Grass types and the occasional Heracross. EQ for an excellent STAB and to get rid of Electivire. Night Slash for ghosts like Gengar and Psychics like Azelf and Celebi. Stone edge is a good attack in itself and can deal with Weavile and Flying types like Gliscor, Zapdos, and Salamence. Sorry I don't have much for Dugtrio, he's the simplest on my team.

Thank you for your time, and I appreciate any feedback you have to give. :toast:
(Pictures from Arkeis.com)

EDIT: I have decided to remove Ledian from my team. In his stead I will be using this new lead:

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 HP
Adamant Nature? (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Pinsir provides something that this team really needs. Stealth Rock for one, which I believe is essential for any team. The other is a consistent physical attacker. With 3 good attacking moves at his disposal, and a respectable 383 Atk stat, he can certainly deal some damage. Hitmontop just haas a hard time matching his damage output. Other moves I have been considering are Close Combat and Swords Dance. Pinsir only reaches 269 Spd with these EVs, so maybe I should use a Jolly Nature? Overall, I think that Pinsir is a great addition to this team.

I don't really think Azelf is scared of Ledian, as the majority of lead Azelfs run Fire Blast, which will promptly dispose of Ledian. Manectric is slow and if electivire switches into a thunderbolt, well, there goes your puppy, and maybe more. The majority of these pokes are highly outclassed in OU in one way or the other, and use leftovers, not sitrus berry, on Registeel. Not to mention Life Orb on Hitmontop. Some of these pokes are usable in OU, but there are definitely better options.

Edit: Manectric isn't SLOW slow, but hes outsped by the majority of quick pokes in OU and only ties with Electivire and Heracross.

Welcome to smogon.

I don't have time for a full rate right now, but I can say there are better options than Ledian (even if you want to use pokes that are rarely used). Its terrible attacking stats leads me to believe you shouldn't invest anything into its attack/sp attack at all and focus on HP and speed (although its not very fast either!). I feel like there are a lot of better options (obviously), but again it is your team, and you can decide which pokes you use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)