Gen 2 UU competitive team

Here is the team I’ve been using for UU lately. It has game against OU as well if I feel like humiliating someone :)

The team is stall based with multiple defensive pivots. Status abounds as my opponents fall to strong mixed attackers and the unexpected.

Comments are welcome!

Jumpluff- leftovers
sleep powder
stun spore
leech seed
encore

This is my starter. It can easily get off double powder and can wear Pokémon down with status and leech seed. Encore is awesome for coming in on cursers or earthquakes and lets me get off a powder of my choice.

Lanturn- leftovers
Thunderwave
Confuse ray
Ice beam
Thunderbolt

This is a great anti-water Pokémon that is bulky enough to slow down pretty much anything with thunderwave. Confuse ray is great for hitting switch ins and for some parafusion. Boltbeam combo finishes off the movepool--hitting for neutral coverage on everything but other lanturn.

Chansey- leftovers
thunderwave
softboiled
counter
seismic toss

The UU special wall. Counter is great to finish off Pokémon with physical attacks. Most Pokémon in UU can't hit hard enough to deal more than 2/3rds hp so I can usually kill something and recover my health. Haunter is the only ghost in UU so seismic toss hits for steady damage on everything else in the meta.

Hypno- chesto berry
reflect
rest
psychic
toxic/dynamicpunch/firepunch

Hypno is a great defensive Pokémon with good defenses, reflect, and rest to heal up. Chesto berry for instant recovery and for switching into sleep attacks. Psychic is a great attack in UU and hits most things hard. The last move is up for grabs--toxic to stall out and dynamicpunch for a hard hit and confusion. dynamicpunch also covers magneton who shuts hypno down otherwise--firepunch works too but it has less utility imo.

Magmar- leftovers
substitute
thunderpunch
fireblast
dynamicpunch

This set is UU specific where hardcore grounds and rocks do not really exist. substitute because people love to aim status at magmar and magmar forces a lot of switches. Thunderpunch is here to cover water and flying types and dynamicpunch lets me crush chansey and provide a mixed attack that can confuse. Pokémon online does not allow substitute and crosschop on the same set and substitute is more important in UU.

Piloswine- leftovers
ice beam
earthquake
curse
roar

Pseudo-hazer that can sweep and has good coverage. Also electrics will have a hard time dealing with piloswine and he provides a great defensive pivot for my team with roar/electric immunities. Curse and roar means that piloswine can’t be pseudo-hazed out and curse allows be to set up a sweep. Piloswine is probably the best sweeper in UU if you are good at predicting.

Let me know what you think—more teams to come!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)