Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Mach Punch

Another voltturn core! how fun! Zarude and Jirachi make a great voltturn core covering some of each others weaknesses, like Ground, Ghost and Dark for Jirachi and Fairy, Poison and Ice for Zarude. This Zarude set checks various things that threaten Jirachi like Chandelure, Krookodile and Aegislash, meanwhile Jirachi and their flinches help with stuff like Nihilego, CM Hatterene and opposing Scarf Jirachis, while also being able to set up rocks and have Wish support for the main wallbreaker, Conkeldurr. Conkeldurr is a underrated threat in my opinion, being able to threaten the more common AV Tang, Defensive Kommo-o and some other sets. It really appreciates Stealth Rock support since with Knock Off it can remove Moltres' Boots and make it basically impossible for it to check it.

Last edited:
:ss/jirachi: :ss/umbreon: :ss/buzzwole:
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Wish

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Buzzwole @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Roost
- Toxic

Stall core baby!! This trio is an incredibly good stall core as it handles the most common stallbreakers in chandelure, reuniclus, hatterenne, mamoswine, conkeldurr and crawdaunt.
All while bringing heal bell support and SR.
What else can I say, stall that doesnt lose to stallbreakers :0

Last edited:

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:xy/buzzwole: (no hd sprite '-')
Hatterene (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Buzzwole @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Life
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Ice

–
Hatterene is the backbone of the team as the Trick Room setter. Psychic, Fairy, and Fire coverage, mean that many Steel-types would not switch into such as Scizor.
–
Crawdaunt is fantastic for dealing with Fire-types that would resists Hatterene's Fairy-type and Buzzwole's Bug-type STAB with Crabhammer. Ice Beam is decently strong it's decent 90 Special Attack, allowing to get past Salamence. Strong priority in Aqua Jet can allow to be useful outside of Trick Room.
–
Buzzwole can deal heavy damage to Assault Vest Tangrowth, one of the best checks to Hatterene and Crawdaunt. Earthquake can be used to get past Aegislash, while Poison Jab can deal with the Fairy types that would resist Buzzwole's STAB.

Last edited:
:ss/starmie: :ss/obstagoon: :ss/conkeldurr:

Starmie @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Obstagoon @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Obstruct

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
reserving
:bw/azelf: :ss/grimmsnarl: :ss/kommo-o:
This is the core i utilized for the Aegislash suspect, and i say it still holds up well even after the changes to the metagame. Azelf distinguishes itself from the other offensive Psychic type sweepers by sitting at a rather privileged speed tier of 115, outrunning the tier’s rising star in Keldeo, and tying with the likes of starmie as the fastest psychic type. However, a clear distinction between the two is that, bar a few specially bulky Dark types, such as Umbreon and Incineroar, Azelf is nigh unwallable because of the combination of Psyshock, Energy Ball, and Flamethrower to become a merciless Nasty Plot sweeper. It’s bulk is also crucial in this regard, letting it stomach multiple priority moves that the likes of newly-UUBL Alakazam couldn’t achieve, such as safely stomaching Scizor’s Bullet Punch, Azumarill’s Aqua Jet, and Lycanroc-Dusk’s Accelerock.

Kommo-o is a sweeper of choice that has only benefitted from the tier shifts. Slowking leaving means that one of the scariest sets in the tier, Clangorous Soul + Throat Spray, no longer has a catch-all stomach that couldn’t be chipped down by hazards into +2 Boomburst. It’s main drawback of being at the mercy of Chansey is no longer a factor, should it be forced into Azelf, and a +2 psyshock to rip through it. It also works well with the matchup against Scarf Krookodile. For if it clicks Knock Off against Azelf, Kommo-o is given free setup. If it clicks Earthquake to revenge kill Kommo-o, Azelf is given free setup. Truly, a dangerous core.

However, both these pokemon possess burdens that do not make setup as easy as it is. Azelf’s bulk, while not as nearly as pathetic as Alakazam, leaves much to be desired, as it can be left in too battered of a state to stomach the priority it was meant to take. Kommo-o, on the other hand, has no such troubles with bulk, but its typing leaves it with a burden in the form of many weaknesses, which can make it difficult to set up.
This is where Grimmsnarl comes in. It’s primary purpose is to set screens to support these two in their crusade to completely wipe the opposing team. It possesses handy bulk and a decent defensive typing, allowing it to switch in on stray special attacks, and its typing can come in useful at times. A fast taunt is also helpful for staving off defensive defoggers.

well, that’s all https://pokepast.es/7438fffd6f6add58

Last edited:
:slowbro-galar: :krookodile: :keldeo-resolute:

Slowbro-Galar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Psyshock / Sludge Bomb
- Scald / Flamethrower

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Darkest Lariat
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Flip Turn
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

gm to you all,

This core is peak role compression and that's how I like to build my teams. It's a standard Bulky Offensive core designed to take down teams and bring as much defensive utility to the rest of the team as possible ; you won't find glass canons of any sort here. Very hard stuff to pull out most of the time, but it happens that these mons can efficiently bring both aspects to a lot of teams, and synergise well together.
:slowbro-galar: Slowbro Galar is a solid wincondition and is completely free against Amogus which can shut down the other two. Psyshock is my preferred stab rn and Scald does scald things while covering scary grounds, altho both Sludge Bomb and Flamethrower are totally fine. You can mess up with the spread, I've been liking this one a lot : EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 80 SpD / 12 Spe with a Calm Nature, allowing you to eat Keld's Pump and retaliate w/ Psyshock. This is especially helpful since opposing Keld can easily abuse Krook or Keldeo being locked in the wrong move there, altho bringing a dedicated answer like AV Tang is also a very good option.
:krookodile: Krook brings speed control, rocks and a good middle ground against ghost breakers. It also checks Reuniclus to some extend, which is very appreciated by Glowbro and Keld ; being able to at least put it in range of Keld's Hydro. Chople is fine over Choice Scarf to help with this if you're not in need of speed control.
:keldeo: Keldeo brings breaking power, allowing for easier late game Slowbro Galar or Scarf Krook sweeps. The set is the standard specs one which is left with very little answers right now, most of them being turned into fodder for Glowbro. Icy Wind > Air Slash removes Salamence which is very bothersome for the core, but that again can be changed depending on the team. Surf > Hpump is an option I like myself but I feel like the sheer power is appreciated here. Keld can also bring some form of Scizor check in case Scald won't do Scald things and it gets out of hand. It's also able to pressure most of the breakers that would take advantage of Glowbro by trading blows with them, greatly helped by is higher speed stat than them (mostly Chandelure/Aegi ect)

This core obviously has no way to stomach special blows and Glowbro being such a huge magnet to those, make sure to have a way to handle repetitive hits from special breaker. Some resists that the core doesn't bring (notably Ground, Dragon, Flying, secondary water) will also be mandatory.

Last edited:
I'm not the best at making teams, let alone very competitively viable but I figured what's the worst thing that can happen.

:xy/mienshao: :xy/slowbro-galar: :xy/crawdaunt:
Mienshao @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics

Slowbro-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 144 SpA / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Yawn
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Crawdaunt @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

First, we have Mienshao. With Fake Out and U-Turn it makes it a nice lead, and even if it has a bad match-up (against say a Flying-type) it can pivot out while still dealing damage. Drain Punch is there for some STAB, as well as recovery. Acrobatics gives some extra coverage against some other resists or neutrals like Bug or Grass. And then obviously the Sitrus Berry so that Acrobatics get double power.

Then we have Galar Slowbro. Yawn is there so then either my opponent has to switch or get put to sleep. I gave him Protect just in case they decide to keep their mon in. Then its two attacking moves give it STAB plus a little bit of coverage

Last, but not least, the special Crawdaunt. Now obviously, you are thinking, why would you run a special set? Well for one thing, surprise factor. No-one would expect a special Crawdaunt. It also gets some nice special coverage options, with Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb. And really, you could run either, since Sludge Wave is 95 power vs Sludge Bomb's 90, however I prefer Sludge Bomb's higher poison chance. Scald has a chance that nice 30% burn chance. And since Crawdaunt has not the greatest special attack, he has Nasty Plot so it can become better to take out more specially invested opponents.

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I'm not the best at making teams, let alone very competitively viable but I figured what's the worst thing that can happen.

:xy/mienshao: :xy/slowbro-galar: :xy/crawdaunt:
Mienshao @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- U-turn
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics

Slowbro-Galar @ Leftovers
Ability: Quick Draw
EVs: 204 HP / 52 Def / 144 SpA / 108 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Yawn
- Protect
- Shadow Ball

Crawdaunt @ Leftovers
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb

First, we have Mienshao. With Fake Out and U-Turn it makes it a nice lead, and even if it has a bad match-up (against say a Flying-type) it can pivot out while still dealing damage. Drain Punch is there for some STAB, as well as recovery. Acrobatics gives some extra coverage against some other resists or neutrals like Bug or Grass. And then obviously the Sitrus Berry so that Acrobatics get double power.

Then we have Galar Slowbro. Yawn is there so then either my opponent has to switch or get put to sleep. I gave him Protect just in case they decide to keep their mon in. Then its two attacking moves give it STAB plus a little bit of coverage

Last, but not least, the special Crawdaunt. Now obviously, you are thinking, why would you run a special set? Well for one thing, surprise factor. No-one would expect a special Crawdaunt. It also gets some nice special coverage options, with Sludge Wave and Sludge Bomb. And really, you could run either, since Sludge Wave is 95 power vs Sludge Bomb's 90, however I prefer Sludge Bomb's higher poison chance. Scald has a chance that nice 30% burn chance. And since Crawdaunt has not the greatest special attack, he has Nasty Plot so it can become better to take out more specially invested opponents.
Hey there, it's nice to see some newer faces here! When submitting a core, you can just edit your post, no need to make another one since it clutters the thread a little. You can keep this post, no need to delete it, just keep this in mind for future submissions. If you have any questions about the project or about the UU forum, my discord is Bandkrook#6483 or you can PM me here in Smogon. Have a nice the rest of your day

Last edited:

Dorron

BLU LOBSTAH
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Champion

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Focus Blast / Acid Armor
- Recover

Zarude @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Flip Turn
This core is focused on using Reuniclus to lure its cheks in and switching in Keldeo or Zarude in a predicted opponent switch. Choice Scarf Zarude is my choice not just as a Ghost-type check, but also as the team Speed control and ignoring opposing Defense boosts with Darkest Lariat and also dealing with other Dark-types with Close Combat and U-turn if Reuniclus is running Stored Power + Acid Armor, as well as being able to switch in an opposing CM user if you predict a Psyshock to your unboosted Defense Reuniclus. Keldeo is my choice as Fighting as its typing Water has a good sinergy with Zarude's Grass typing, resisting Ice-, Fire- and Bug-type attacks that would otherwise deal a considerable damage to Zarude, as well as resisting Bug- and Dark-types attacks that would hit Reuniclus as the Fighting-type it is. It also is the wallbreaker that can hit almost every Pokémon in the tier for a heavy damage as well as having a pivot tool in Flip Turn to bring Reuniclus in a safe way when a switch is predicted in the likes of Chansey, Crawdaunt, Krookodile, and Mamoswine. Zarude can do the same with U-turn in the likes of Crawdaunt, Keldeo, Krookodile, Rotom-Wash, and Chandelure, as it is not afraid of opposing Choice Scarf users as it brings its own Choice Scarf, but you first have to scout the opposing Keldeo and make sure it isn't holding Choice Scarf too. Reuniclus should try to set up in Pokémon that can't deal a good damage at all in order to sweep or wear down its checks with forced switches and entry hazards damage, as well as double switching to Zarude and Keldeo. You can run Stored Power + Acid Armor if you really trust in Keldeo and Zarude to deal with the opposing Dark-types.

Pokepast with Psyshock + Focus Blast: https://pokepast.es/336610427f1f7f63
Pokepast with Stored Power + Acid Armor: https://pokepast.es/0d9469a56144ab79

Last edited:
Voting time has ended! Congrats to laevin for winning the week, your submission will be added to the archive shortly. Lets take a look at this weeks archetype core!
1618423672376.png
1618423693981.png
1618423703170.png
This week we have the core of ice-fairy-water! Ice is an amazing offensive typing, hitting many types like ground, grass, flying, and dragon for super effective damage. With the Ice type's ability to break grass types for water, water in return can extinguish the fire types that give ice and fairy types grief. Fairy types can also supplement ice types in breaking dragon types for water. This week has a theme-offensive core. This means that the core of Ice-Fairy-Water must be offensively oriented to be allowed as a submission. With that out of the way, lets get started! Down below is a list of viable Pokemon that can be used for this week.

1618423945385.png
icon ninetales.png

1618423941255.png
icon ninetales.png

1618423936088.png

Submissions are due April 18 at 11:59 PM PST

romanji

/ᐠ - ˕ -マ
is a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
:ss/ribombee: (no hd sprite again'-')

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Ribombee @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shield Dust
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam

Mamoswine is now the poster child for Sticky Web teams now that Bisharp is gone. Ground- and Ice-type coverage is excellent STAB coverage, only resisted by Rotom-H, Rotom-W, and Araquanid, with Knock Off to remove Heavy-Duty Boots, Rocky Helmet, and Leftovers.
Ribombee is the Sticky Web setter, and can help check Buzzwole, and would outspeed Pokemon that would ignore sticky web such as Azelf and Noivern. Heavy-Duty Boots is used to keep longevity to be able to set up Sticky Web.
Crawdaunt appreciates not having to use Aqua Jet for faster threats, and can patch up its low speed and can take advantage of Adaptability and high attack to deal with Rotom-H for Mamoswine.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)