Data Usage-Based Tier Update for April 2024 (May @ #48)

Would've been really funny to drop Torkoal (Sun) onto UU at this very moment, as UU is currently suspect testing Pelipper (Rain).

Also, shoutouts to Primarina emerging as the best starter mon this generation as of right now. What Psychic Noise + an OU tier filled with mons weak to the Water+Fairy combo does to an individual.

Last edited:
I am genuinley shocked Glimmora is as high as it is, as well as Dnite, I barely ever see them in the OU tier, but that might just be me. Also I think it's hillarious Ting-Lu, a legendary with great defensive capabilities and typing, got beat out by this:
Screenshot 2024-05-02 11.15.37 AM.png

I am genuinley shocked Glimmora is as high as it is, as well as Dnite, I barely ever see them in the OU tier, but that might just be me. Also I think it's hillarious Ting-Lu, a legendary with great defensive capabilities and typing, got beat out by this: View attachment 630046
Well, Talonflame Enjoyer, Clodsire's Japanese name contains the Japanese words of do (土) and o (王), which together means King of the Earth. And one can't top the king of the earth, so it's understandable why Clodsire beat Ting-Lu.

What is Rhyperior doing in UU, with all the powercreep this gen I was almost certain it would be part of the crowd falling to PU.

What is Rhyperior doing in UU, with all the powercreep this gen I was almost certain it would be part of the crowd falling to PU.
With the exception of PU -> ZU drops, which indeed happen, the "May Tier Shift" isn't an actual tier shift, as we are back to 3 months per shift, but rather a projection on who will rise or fall given current usage stats.
Rhyperior is currently NU, where it is very good in the tier, but it is actually quite good in both UU and RU as well, which is reflected in the projections saying that it will rise to UU if its usage in the tier continues for the next real tier shift.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
So, no more monthly tier changes and monthly low tier chaos...
why tho in all seriousness?
Regular shifts every 3 months is the way that we usually tier when we aren't interrupted by new games and DLC, so when all major cascading drops have happened from OU down to PU we revert back to 3 month shifts instead of every month. It's unlikely that lower tiers will get more chaotic now that they get fewer drops/rises and things start to finally settle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)