Usable XD Pokemon

I had a look at Pokemon XD exclusive moves list and I decided to make a list of what exclusive moves are competitively usable. Here we go.

Poochyena: Heal Bell
There aren't a lot of Heal Bellers on UU, so an Intimidate one could work.

Mareep: Heal Bell
Another possible UU Heal Beller. It's a lot sturdier than Mightyena and packs a strong Sp.Atk.

Duskull: Helping Hand
Giving Helping Hand to something sturdy like Dusknoir is certainly a good idea, specially for Trick Room teams.

Snorunt: Sing
Froslass is fast, but it has no Sleep inducer move, so Sing can work

Natu: Baton Pass
Xatu learns Calm Mind, Wish and Psych Up, so it can have some potential on UU. Or not?

Grimer: Helping Hand
Muk is another sturdy bastard that could make great use of Helping Hand on double battles.

Seel: Helping Hand
Dewgong is another pokemon with some tankish potential that can make use of either Thick Fat or Hydration to take hits and aid its team mates on a double battle.

Lunatone: Baton Pass
Hypnosis and levitate gives the floating moon some potential to BP some Calm Minds in UU.

Togepi: Tri Attack
By far one of the most useful XD moves. 120 Sp.Atk, a STAB and 40% of causing burn, paralyze or freeze will make this Togekiss a major threat on OU teams.

Tangela: Morning Sun
So we can use the legendary Tangrowth/Heatran combo effectively...

Hypno: Baton Pass
When you consider giving one of the most powerfull UU Special walls Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, you can certainly expect to cause trouble, even in OU teams.

Dodrio: Baton Pass
Acupressure + Baton Pass will be funny to use, and Agility + Baton Pass is always useful.

Altaria: Heal Bell
Heal Bell + Natural Cure + 50% recovery move + high Sp.Def and you got UU Blissey. It dies so easily when hit by Ice moves as Blissey dies when hit by fighting moves lol

Rapidash: Baton Pass
Not really useful, as the only thing you can pass are Agility and Sub, it'd be a lot more usefull if it could learn Hypnosis + Baton Pass

Lickitung: Helping Hand
Giving something sturdy like Lickilikcy the ability to use Helping Hand certainly doesn't hurt.

Poliwrath: Helping Hand
Another awesome Helping Hand user that'll love to boost its team mate's Surf while it gets healed thanks to Water Absorb.

Marowak: Sing
If you get a Spd boost, and put your opponent counter to sleep, expect a mean sweep.

Lapras: Heal Bell
Another sturdy pokemon that can make great use of Heal Bell and Water Absorb to stay alive and heal the team.

Articuno: Heal Bell/Extrasensory/Haze
The 3 moves are great for Articuno. It's a great cleric/hazer thanks to great stats and Roost, and Extrasensory aids its poor offensive movepool and can counter something like Infernape.

Zapdos: Baton Pass/Extrasensory/Metal Sound
The 3 moves are also good for Zapdos. It's a sturdy Baton Passer that can Pass Agility/Charge Beam boosts countless times thanks to Roost. Extrasensory helps its poor movepool and Metal Sound force switches.

Rhydon: Helping Hand
Rhyperior is a sturdy Pokemon, that can learn Lightning Rod, which makes it a great choice for some Water teams. So Helping Hand can be an useful attack. Sadly, the main attacks pokemon that need Lightning Rod support uses are Surf and Earthquake, which will destroy Rhyperior, but anyway...

Dragonite: Heal Bell
A sturdy and threatning Dragon can be an usable cleric for sure.

21 pokemon of 83

These are the pokemon I think that can make good use of XD exclusive moves. Do you agree? Do you think I should add that pokemon? Do you think I should remove this pokemon? Discuss.

Well there are pokemon who are "The best XD pokes".

But i have found about 85% of them are usuable. I will update a list of all the pokemon I think are usuable.

Heal Bell Ampharos is one I wasn't aware of that would be incredibly useful if you got one. Amphy is no slouch in the defenses but lacks in moves so it can get a few good switch ins and most counters will end up letting it HB easily.

120 Sp.Atk, a STAB and 40% of causing burn, paralyze or freeze will make this Togekiss a major threat on UU teams.
LOLZ

Hypno: Baton Pass
When you consider giving one of the most powerfull UU Special walls Nasty Plot and Baton Pass, you can certainly expect to cause trouble, even in OU teams.

This is what its all about. I would kill for one of these.

hm.. what about moltres? It might get will-o-wisp and roost now, but I suppose SunnyDay / SolarBeam / Fireblast / Morning sun could work. Extrensory could... well... be a filler on a choice specs set....
Moltres exclusive moves are awesome to ADV, but useless to D/P. WoW became a TM, Roost is better than Morning Sun as it helps with the Rock/Electric/Ice weakness, and Moltres is the legendary bird with more usable Special Attacks thanks to Air Slash and Solarbeam, which decreases Extrasensory low usefulness.

And seriously, nobody use Sunnybeam sets, and even if you do, you should use Air Slash to cover dragons.

Edit:
@Frokko: It could be, but Salamence can't afford the moveslot.
@Ambitions: lol, misstyped it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
I suppose you should mention Solrock too, since it gets Baton Pass like Lunatone and can pass Calm Minds while posing a physical threat.

These are pokemon you didn't add that I think are viable.

Spheal - Charm
Tanker. And might evo into ice body upon Evolution

Baltoy - Refresh
Hey Claydol is a great tank, why not give it a way to stop those toxistallers without having to switch to your hea beller/therapist.

Gulpin - Sing
Swalot is a pwnsome tank, why not give it a sleeping move.

Numel - Charm
Great for TR, when you know you can't KO your opponent but you know your going to die, or just for support.

Vulpix - Charm
Nintales has great sp.df. Give it charm and its even tankier.

Mawile- Sing
Good pysical tank that could use a sleep move to baton pass some iron defenses/stockpiles.

Snorunt - Sing
Both froslass and Glalie can take advantage of a sleep move.

Pineco- Refresh
See Baltoy

Roselia - Sweet Kiss
Parafusion FTW

Meowth- Sing
A speedy pokemon with sing is always good.

Swinub - Charm
Piloswine can take hits like a man. Charm lets you pull some more df evs and twist them into sp.df evs.

Spearow - Baton Pass
Sash agility, then BP.

Nosepass - Helping Hand
Just make sure your not weak to some EQs, or fight attacks lol.

Growlithe - Charm
See, Numel (minus the TR part)

Shellder - Refresh
See Pineco or Baltoy

Beedrill - Baton Pass
See Fearow

Pidgeotto- Refresh
See pinco/baltoy/shellder

ButterFree - Morning Sun
It maybe not be the best sp.df wall but it can pull it off better with some recovery.

Magneton - Refresh
Tired of retyping, see other Refreshers

Arbok - Refresh
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Golduck - Charm
Can be pretty defensive but even more with this

Sabeleye - Helping Hand
See Duskull (Explosion partner =P)

Farfethc'ed (W/E) - Baton Pass
See Fearow

Kangaskhan - Sing
Tanksish/Sweeping sleeper

Banette - Helping Hand
See other sableye

MAgcargo Refresh
I despite its weaknesses it still makes a decent wall. Better with refresh

Syther - Morning Sun
For Battle frontier scizor recovery move.

Solrock - Baton Pass
See Lunatone

Swellow - Baton Pass
Sash - AGil pass

Snorelax - refresh
!!! you know what im going to say

Salamence - Refresh
Bulky-mence

Lugia = Psycho boost/feather dance
Scarf/ Specs; tankish

Respectivly

Tauros- Refresh
Intimi-tank, pretty decent enough

Just my 2 cents of what should be reset.

I concur with ambitions, baton passing hypno! The birds are obvoius needs for everyone (hp ice zapdos, most i see here are grass). But lunatone and dragonite I would enjoy very much, especially if they both had + sp.def natures.

I'd like to request Solrock as well as Lunatone!

Jujuomi: Meowth learns Hypnotis. So sing is bad.
The Fire pokes with Charm. Isn't better to use Will-o-Wisp?
Oh wel,l there are some nice pokes in XD.

These are pokemon you didn't add that I think are viable.

Spheal - Charm
Tanker. And might evo into ice body upon Evolution
Can't afford the moveslot

Baltoy - Refresh
Hey Claydol is a great tank, why not give it a way to stop those toxistallers without having to switch to your hea beller/therapist.
Can't afford the moveslot

Gulpin - Sing
Swalot is a pwnsome tank, why not give it a sleeping move.
Swalot isn't a pwnsome tank, but yeah, it might work.

Numel - Charm
Great for TR, when you know you can't KO your opponent but you know your going to die, or just for support.
Camerupt is a sweeper, so it shouldn't worry with Charm, specially with TR lasting on 5 turns...

Vulpix - Charm
Nintales has great sp.df. Give it charm and its even tankier.
Ninetales has Will-o-Wisp

Mawile- Sing
Good pysical tank that could use a sleep move to baton pass some iron defenses/stockpiles.
I think you should put your opponent to sleep and use Sword Dance, but yeah, it's workable.

Snorunt - Sing
Both froslass and Glalie can take advantage of a sleep move.
True, I've already posted this one.
Pineco- Refresh
See Baltoy
See Baltoy lol

Roselia - Sweet Kiss
Parafusion FTW
low accuracy and no moveslot avaiable.

Meowth- Sing
A speedy pokemon with sing is always good.
Meowth already learns Hypnosis, which has higher accuracy and it's easier to get.

Swinub - Charm
Piloswine can take hits like a man. Charm lets you pull some more df evs and twist them into sp.df evs.
I don't think it's a great idea, but it can work.

Spearow - Baton Pass
Sash agility, then BP.
Dodrio does it better. That's why I didn't post Fearow.

Nosepass - Helping Hand
Just make sure your not weak to some EQs, or fight attacks lol.
I don't think it's a good Helping Hander, but why not?

Growlithe - Charm
See, Numel (minus the TR part)
See Numel (minus the TR part)

Shellder - Refresh
See Pineco or Baltoy
See Pineco or Baltoy

Beedrill - Baton Pass
See Fearow
You're, right, it might work on NU.

Pidgeotto- Refresh
See pinco/baltoy/shellder
See pineco/baltoy/shellder

ButterFree - Morning Sun
It maybe not be the best sp.df wall but it can pull it off better with some recovery.
It learns Roost, which is better to cover the Ice/Electric/Rock weakness.

Magneton - Refresh
Tired of retyping, see other Refreshers
Ctrl C + Ctrl V

Arbok - Refresh
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Do I need to type again?

Golduck - Charm
Can be pretty defensive but even more with this
I don't think it's a great idea, why don't you put your opponent to sleep instead of using Charm?

Sabeleye - Helping Hand
I tought about including Sableye, but as Recover is an egg move, I decided to pass.

Farfethc'ed (W/E) - Baton Pass
See Fearow
See Fearow

Kangaskhan - Sing
Tanksish/Sweeping sleeper
Can't afford the moveslot, but if you can create a moveset based on Sing it might work.

Banette - Helping Hand
See other sableye
Even weaker than Sableye

MAgcargo Refresh
I despite its weaknesses it still makes a decent wall. Better with refresh
Magcargo a decent wall? Come on. And remember you have Recover to waste your moveslot.

Syther - Morning Sun
For Battle frontier scizor recovery move.
Only for Battle Frontier, because on D/P it got Roost.

Solrock - Baton Pass
See Lunatone
Lunatone can make a better use of Calm Mind, so if you can pick between both, you'd probably prefer the moon. But yeah, it's workable.

Swellow - Baton Pass
Sash - AGil pass
See Fearow

Snorelax - refresh
!!! you know what im going to say
but you don't know what I'm going to say. you can't afford the moveslot.

Salamence - Refresh
Bulky-mence
5 moveslots-mence

Lugia = Psycho boost/feather dance
Scarf/ Specs; tankish
Lugia can't even dream about sweeping on ubers without CM, and it has Reflect/Whirlwind to deal with physical attackers.

Respectivly

Tauros- Refresh
Intimi-tank, pretty decent enough
no moveslot

Just my 2 cents of what should be reset.
That's all I think about what you posted. It's not that the attack isn't good, but we already have other pogey to do it better, or it can't afford the moveslot.

Should I add Gulpin, Swinub and Solrock?

I know they aren't the best pokemon for it but they are still usable. And I had stated that they were pokemon I though were useful.

Minus Meowth/fire types + charm. Though Charm could still work against infernape/ blaziken / arcanine.

EDIT: Maybe a reason why most of them seem good to me is because i make my movesets by myself. Where you say movesets aren't avilable. I could most likely make one that i like for it.

You can call me crazy, But I want a Adamant/Jolly Helping Hand Pinsir. For Double Battle ofcourse. It may work, though it doesn't get Mold Breaker...

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Pinsir's resistance to Ground makes Helping Hand somewhat viable

Also, why can't Spheal use Charm? I can see a Protect/Charm/Blizzard/Sub moveset being viable for the Stallrein in Hail. With reduced attack he can stall even more on the physical side with Sub. Might want to consider Ice Beam for the extra PP.

I know they aren't the best pokemon for it but they are still usable. And I had stated that they were pokemon I though were useful.

Minus Meowth/fire types + charm. Though Charm could still work against infernape/ blaziken / arcanine.
From that logic, every pokemon is usable, because almost every evolved pokemon can sweep given the right situation and luck.

But when we're talking about competitively usable pokemon, things are really different, let me give you an example.

Your Timid Golduck is facing a Luxray. You think: Hah, Luxray is a physical Pokemon, I'll use Charm against it.

You use Charm and gets OHKOed by Specs TBolt. It'd be better if you had put it to sleep, don't you think?

You can say: "hypnosis can miss", but even tough, it doesn't need any knowledge about your opponent moveset to use, it works against special attackers, it screws a pokemon until it awakes up and it helps you to setup some CM, so it's competitively better.

It's not that Charm is useless, but hypnosis is better and Golduck can't afford Charm in a competitive moveset, did you get the point?

I get what you mean. By there are better moves. But why would tankish golduck be timid? IMO it has the stats to pull of a pretty bulky attacker.

fujoumi said:
Sabeleye - Helping Hand
I tought about including Sableye, but as Recover is an egg move, I decided to pass.
Sableye got this moveset after purification:
¤ Shadow Ball
¤ Faint Attack
¤ Helping Hand
¤ Recover

Some XD Pokémon do get Egg Moves O__o. Just wanted to point this out ^.^

I get what you mean. By there are better moves. But why would tankish golduck be timid? IMO it has the stats to pull of a pretty bulky attacker.
I don't think golduck is meant to be tankish at all, as it's defenses are average at best. it should be sweeping more, so timid makes it outspeed other people, and hypnosis is to allow in a free calm mind.

sandman

Bum bum bum bum
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Electabuzz learns follow me which is useful in double battles when it evolves into electivire. A lot of people don't know electivire gets follow me so in double battles you can sometimes catch people off guard by steeling a speed boost from their electric attack. It also is good just for helping things like bellyzard set up.

Sableye got this moveset after purification:
¤ Shadow Ball
¤ Faint Attack
¤ Helping Hand
¤ Recover

Some XD Pokémon do get Egg Moves O__o. Just wanted to point this out ^.^
iirc It sabeleye got an egg move becuase without a reliable recovery move no one would use it AT ALL, and would end up being a waste, so nintendo was nice enough to give us some help.

And WTF when you quoted my name, it is way way off.

Doesn't XD Rapidash come with Hypnosis?

(They all have one Egg move, one special and two level up moves)

Not sure. I detest Rapidash so IIRC I released it =P

Doesn't XD Rapidash come with Hypnosis?

(They all have one Egg move, one special and two level up moves)

Not sure. I detest Rapidash so IIRC I released it =P
I'd like to see how LUNATONE has an EGG MOVE. >.<

Very few pokemon got an egg move, extremely few for 2+ special moves(togepi /birds / lugia), most got some TMs, and then some level up moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)