Serious US Election Thread (read post #2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a Republican legislature, what's one group of people that they're infamous for wanting to get rid of, especially people like Mike Pence? You have three guesses, and the first 5 don't count.

Beyonce, Jay-Z, and Lebron tried to sell Hillary Clinton in Ohio and it didn't work. Maybe instead of fear mongering against Trump, look at the terrible candidate the democrats put forward

Oh I know. But the election is over, now is when you look internally and see that Hillary was the worst of two candidates
I want so strongly to respond to this but I've learned that if someone still thinks Hillary is the worse of the two people at this point there's no convincing them.

Beyonce, Jay-Z, and Lebron tried to sell Hillary Clinton in Ohio and it didn't work. Maybe instead of fear mongering against Trump, look at the terrible candidate the democrats put forward
Can't argue against that. The DNC should have at minimum been neutral during the primaries, and given both Bernie and Hillary an equal chance to shine, instead of, for starters, giving her a 500 super delegate head lead! And choosing a moderate for a running mate who supports the TPP doesn't inspire confidence that she intends to carry out her promises and then some.

The Democratic Establishment should have sat the special interests and billionaires down, and told them that they had to end their free ride for the sake of the country! But no! Hillary is the chosen on! She is the next in line, and we're going to hold her hand through the primaries, and force her down the throats of the electorate, because they have no choice other than Trump! They played chicken, and in doing so, they might as well have nominated Trump themselves!

Or to some up my feelings with a bit of wit: "I thought of holding DWS's head underwater until her eyes bulged out. But I was overruled".

Sigh, maybe this will give me a good laugh. It has in the past, but I've never felt so hopeless:

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Could you post them instead please? Discrediting Inforwars for being shit isn't a "SJW" thing, it's widely regarded as being being untrustworthy by all reputable sources, including conservative pundits like Glenn Beck, to give an example.

As an aside, in the age of the filter bubble and increasing political polarization, I think that we should be doing our best to understand and not to isolate one another.
Good thing the votes in Pennsylvania overwhelmed the fraud caught in Philadelphia. Let's get back to the serious university of Pokemon and help make America great again.

The reason for this being that those beliefs do actually correlate with higher levels of xenophobia and fascism. That's not to say this is a case of causation, but the correlation there is easily seen.

If you think the desire to preserve national culture is causing the labels you're experiencing, I'd say you're looking in the wrong place. It's actually when you're (general you not you specifically) are saying things like "we've got to keep those Muslims out of the country", "we need to make sure whites dont become a minority" and similar statements about people from other countries, races and beliefs.
I would have a problem with at most one of those example statements.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The real amazing thing is that the DNC wasn't able to put up a candidate to beat a racist rapist in Donald Trump and the one they did nominate they did so shadily.

They never considered the swing states who had voted Bernie early on were literally voting for Bernie and his policies instead of "democrat" and I am sure they were SHOCKED beyond belief when those swing states didn't actually wind up voting "democrat" after they forced Hillary into the position.

Hillary's campaign sucked.

Just look at the slogans:
Make America Great Again
vs
I'm With Her

What is the second one even saying? If I'm a woman I should vote another woman because...? Why does this incentivize male voters of no strong leaning to vote Hillary? It doesn't. Trump's is applicable (in theory) to anyone and has a message of what he is going to do.

The Midwest went almost exclusively to Trump and so did the big swing states.

The DNC did something horribly wrong. I'm no cuck who thinks Bernie would've landslided Trump but the dude had a huge youth following who were just as energized as Trump's, something Hillary completely lacked. Back in 2008 I thought Hillary should get the nom because omg woman!! but then I actually turned old enough to vote and got smart.

I didn't vote Trump because I think his viewpoints and mentalities are really crappy and he isn't the kind of person I want in charge of my country. But I also didn't vote Hillary because I disagree with her political sham marriage and how shady the DNC was. If Bernie had gotten the nom I probably would have voted him over a third party but just to avoid Trump. I voted Independent to show I disapproved of both noms but my vote literally didn't matter because Hillary was getting the 3 west coast states whether I voted her, Trump or Harambe.

Which I think is another problem. The electoral college is scrub. If your state always swings one way and you're the minority, your vote has no impact. A red in Cali is drowned out by all 55 votes going blue. A blue in Alabama might as well stay home. I wonder how voter turnout would be if peoples' individual votes mattered in more than the swing states. Hillary is ahead in popular vote by a very narrow margin right now but got wiped in electoral votes. Which imo dissuade people in always-red/blue states from voting. A lot of swing states were very narrowly won and some of them still aren't called. With the actual #s we might have a different president.

This election mostly falls on the DNC. They forced Shillary into the picture and told Bernie Bots they were buffoons then expected them to fall in line. Trump was not a good candidate, he was a clown with some terrible views, the Dems should've had this election in the bag. Instead they send Hillary who just does not rally support and energy like Bernie/Trump/Obama did and has all these crooked elements being revealed. The public didn't trust her. At least Trump is up front he's a douchebag. Amazing to me the DNC put out a candidate who still lost to that.

You get the SJW droves on tumblr who rant about straight white men existing and then wonder why those men vote Republican instead of the Democrat the tumblrinas herald from. For all of their "you can't choose X" crap they sure act like someone who was born heterosexual (since you can't choose that, right?), white (due to centuries of their ancestors being white, also something they definitely chose) and male (dad's load had a strong Y swimmer when mommy was fertile) deserves to be berated for it. SHOCK when these men who get told they're doing something wrong for being literally how they were born don't vote with the SJWs and SHOCK when it turns out there are way more straight white men in this country than minorities and SJWs. Not saying they voted right, just the antagonism against them (and how many sad Democrats are ranting that WHITE MEN DID THIS and just cannot stop forcing a dichotomy) probably wasn't helping them vote not-Trump.

Anyway hope these next four years don't go too poorly for us.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want so strongly to respond to this but I've learned that if someone still thinks Hillary is the worse of the two people at this point there's no convincing them.
And that's why you lost the election. The condescending and elitist attitude from Hillary and some of her supporters, plus the fact that everyone keeps accusing whoever votes for Trump of being a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc, actually made people think about voting for Trump and swayed a lot of voters.

In a campaign run as the other candidate is worse, pretty sure Hillary losing means she was the worst candidate. Gonna have to accept that at some point

And that's why you lost the election. The condescending and elitist attitude from Hillary and some of her supporters, plus the fact that everyone keeps accusing whoever votes for Trump of being a racist, sexist, homophobe, etc, actually made people think about voting for Trump and swayed a lot of voters.
But are they wrong though.

In a campaign run as the other candidate is worse, pretty sure Hillary losing means she was the worst candidate. Gonna have to accept that at some point
No no, obviously everyone who chose Trump should lose their right to vote because they're too stupid to see the obvious

I'm interested to see you defend that considering that by voting for Trump they voted for his litany of actions that fall into those categories.

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
Oh I know. But the election is over, now is when you look internally and see that Hillary was the worst of two candidates
Your insane, when your kicked off your families insurance because your older then 18 yull understand, when glacier national park melts and your kids ask you about it you will understand, when the debt is 10 trillion dollars higher you will understand, when you get pregnant and are too poor to travel to get an abortion because you dont want to raise a kid with down syndrome in addition to your states foster care being poorly managed and callled a dumb slut for it you will understand, when the prices of everything from cars to phones are higher because of trade wars you will understand.

It is has only just begun you brought this on your self

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm interested to see you defend that considering that by voting for Trump they voted for his litany of actions that fall into those categories.
Because a lot of the people who voted for him did it for economic reasons among others. Times are tougher than ever for a lot of people. You can see this in the rust belt where he won states that nobody expected, because a lot of rust belt jobs are going overseas and he's promised to bring them back.

Your insane, when your kicked off your families insurance because your older then 18 yull understand, when glacier national park melts and your kids ask you about it you will understand, when the debt is 10 trillion dollars higher you will understand, when you get pregnant and are too poor to travel to get an abortion because you dont want to raise a kid with down syndrome in addition to your states foster care being poorly managed and callled a dumb slut for it you will understand, when the prices of everything from cars to phones are higher because of trade wars you will understand.

It is has only just begun you brought this on your self
The election is over, you can stop with the fear mongering

Okay, and I'd argue that people who care more for that than the life and safety of literally millions of people are still disgusting simply because there is no indication that Trump will follow through. Probably the only way to be worse is to have done so over abortion.

EDIT: Ninjad.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
I find it fascinating that "voting for Hillary because you don't want Trump to win" is not only tolerated but encouraged, whereas "voting for Trump because you don't want Hillary to win" is something those same people fail to grasp.
maybe because Hilary was a reasonable candidate and qualified to be President, and Trump wasn't?

Anyway, this was a huge blow to the face of progress. We maybe weren't going to get much done with a Hilary Presidency, but I fail to see any progressive policies actually going through under a Trump Presidency as well as Republican-majority House and Senate.

The biggest loss is that we will be pushed severely away from an attempt to transition to alternative energy industry. There is also zero chance of there being any reform on gun control and police brutality, and I fear that we may actually progress negatively in regards to gay and transgender rights (especially if far-right wing Supreme Court justices). Isolationist trade policies may be enacted which could severely harm the economy, and meanwhile tax cuts on the rich would probably send us into deeper debt. There is the possibility that healthcare could be completely unraveled or privatized, leaving many thousands uncovered. There could be a few potential positives- defeating ISIS a bit faster, curbing down on illegal immigration, and more manufacturing jobs created in poorer working class communities (but overall unskilled manufacturing isn't really the future and not a long-term solution).

But overall it's most definitely a negative step.

Last edited:

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
The election is over, you can stop with the fear mongering
I'm not fear mongering I'm just telling you what our president has promised to do. those aren't bugs those are features. If you don't think he wont follow through then you're in for an awakening.

Ohmachi

Sun✡Head
Its the end of the world because my candidate lost. Yeah thats called fear mongering
its not the end of the world, but there's a powerful likelihood those things are going to happen. We will have to see how they play out. If what our president promised to do scares you then why on Gods green earth did you vote for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)