Tournament UPL XI: Week Three

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Blazenix

• Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

vs

Defiant Durians (6) vs (6) Devastating Dialgas
SV Ubers: Nyx vs Lily
SV Ubers: TPP vs crying
SV Ubers: Mashing vs elodin
SS Ubers: Kate vs QWILY
SM Ubers: Thiago Nunes vs Sharow
ORAS Ubers: ninjadog vs Mysterious M
BW Ubers: Lasen vs Kebabe
DPP Ubers: Exiline vs Hack
ADV Ubers: Magician vs Heysup
GSC Ubers: RealJester vs Mr.378
RBY Ubers: Frrf vs Ctown6
Bo3: Star vs Fogbound Lake

vs

DaReal Drizzlers (6) vs (6) Void Villains
SV Ubers: ox04 vs SoulWind
SV Ubers: Taka vs kythr
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs tier
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs Fc
SM Ubers: Zesty43 vs pdt
ORAS Ubers: sanv vs Royal1604
BW Ubers: Thor vs watashi
DPP Ubers: shrang vs susciety
ADV Ubers: MMII vs HANTSUKI
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Spellcaster
RBY Ubers: Enigami vs Torchic
Bo3: Lunala vs Garay oak

vs

Choice Bandits (7) vs (5) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: DAHLI vs Xrn
SV Ubers: Aberforth vs Manaphy
SV Ubers: Frito vs corvere
SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs DNNP
SM Ubers: oversway vs March Fires
ORAS Ubers: MZ vs squinn
BW Ubers: Li Xiao Long vs Edgar
DPP Ubers: Highlord vs Inspirited
ADV Ubers: FatFighter2 vs iry
GSC Ubers: Isa vs BigFatMantis
RBY Ubers: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs shiloh
Bo3: Guard vs SiTuM

vs

Manly Melmetal (6) vs (6) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: Shuwri vs mind gaming
SV Ubers: Inder vs 64 Squares
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs pichus
SS Ubers: LBN vs Icemaster
SM Ubers: Rhmsitb vs The Strap
ORAS Ubers: Vileman vs keys
BW Ubers: The Dovahneer vs Monai
DPP Ubers: London Beats vs The Kyle
ADV Ubers: Raph369 vs SuperEpicAmpharos
GSC Ubers: Amaranth vs vani
RBY Ubers: Unowndragon vs stunner047
Bo3: Gondra vs Goat Heart ♥

Defiant Durians (0) vs (0) Devastating Dialgas

DaReal Drizzlers (0) vs (0) Void Villains

Choice Bandits (0) vs (0) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: Frito vs corvere

Manly Melmetal (0) vs (0) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: Shuwri vs mind gaming
SV Ubers: Inder vs 64 Squares
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs pichus
SS Ubers: LBN vs Icemaster
SM Ubers: Rhmsitb vs The Strap
ORAS Ubers: Vileman vs keys
BW Ubers: The Dovahneer vs Monai
ADV Ubers: Raph369 vs SuperEpicAmpharos
GSC Ubers: Amaranth vs vani
RBY Ubers: Unowndragon vs stunner047
Bo3: Gondra vs Goat Heart ♥

The deadline for this round is Sunday, July 2nd at 11:59 PM GMT -4.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RealJester vs Mr.378:
My fellow compatriots in the 0-2 club. Both players had some level of bad fortune last round, with Jester being crit to the heavens and Mr.378 getting a critdrop Crunch on his Celebi to mess up his structure. In my opinion Jester is still in the phase of learning the nuances of the builder in Ubers as opposed to OU which hindered him some extra last week, while Mr.378 has played the tier for a fairly long time. This has not been on display recently though with several missteps on display the past two weeks. I think Jester has played better than Daniel recently, and it should outweigh his inexperience in the builder, so he gets my nod.

Conflict vs Spellcaster:
Spellcaster won a game through some intense RNG last week, not so much stealing a game as much as just getting a freebie from the get-go. This is not something to be held against Spellcaster, but it also isn't something I am going to put in their favor when matched against the absolute giant of the game that is Conflict. Conflict's 2-0 start against strong competition (tooting my own horn subtly here h3h3h3h3) inspires confidence, and if he keeps on winning he'll be the odds-favorite vs. anyone he faces.

vani vs Amaranth:
Tough call. Amaranth is 2-0 with a great display last week and is clearly in form. vani is 1-1 after a tight loss to Conflict last week but looked strong in defeat. I feel bad predicting against Amaranth here because he deserves faith from onlookers based on past performance, however vani is a great player too and I have faith in my boy. Nevertheless if Amaranth wins and starts this tournament off with a 3-0 record against exclusively players from the top half of the PR there is no choice but to acknowledge him, and there is a very high chance that he will. Definitely the highlight game of the week.

Last edited:
Lasen vs Kebabe :
Both players have shown good things so far, while Kebabe did lose first week, he still managed to beat Edgar, who is in my opinion, one of the best player of the pool. Lasen, on the other hand have shown that he is a very solid pick, and this might be the match of the week to follow. I will def say it's a 50/50.

Thor vs watashi:
Tricky spot for both player who should defenitely be on the top of the list. While Thor is 1-1, there is no doubt that he is a player who can top this pool. He has proven many times by the past that he is an extremely solid player and i don't think it's a good idea to bet against him. On the other side, it does seem that watashi is underperforming, I don't think it's something that will last forever, but I also can't foresee Thor going negative. I'd say it's a 55/45 atm, but it depends on watashi motivation and ability to bounce back from those 2 losses.

Li Xiao Long vs Edgar:
One of both will finish this week at 0-3 while the other one will try to close to be at 2-2 hopefully. By looking at replay, it feels like Edgar's loss is due to go out of his confort zone and facing an uncommon set of genesect with X-Scissor. Li Xiao Long does feel like he does straightforward plays, which in restrospect allows him not to play recklessly, but that doesn't cut it vs players like Dova who do play quite agressevily. I think teambuilding will be key in this match, and i'm really following to see if Li Xiao Long will find out the key to take his first win in this good pool, maybe his team background will help him find his way.

The Dovahneer vs Monai:
I recall playing Monai some times, and thinking of him as an excellent team pilot, who foresees his win conditions, and makes the good plays to find his way into positionning himself in the good spot. Both players being at 2-0 indicates that they can win this battle, and I will just bold out Monai because I have the feeling he will win. It's a 50/50 to be honest, but i'm gonna bold him anyway

Good luck people, this might be one of the most crucial week for you to show your level
May the best win

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Biased + probably not accurate predictions. Don't feel bad if I don't bold you, you wouldn't bold me either :regiF:

DaReal Drizzlers vs Void Villains
SV Ubers: ox04 vs SoulWind SoulWind is SoulWind. Ox is on fire since UWL, but it'd be a crime to not bold one of the best player of all time.
SV Ubers: Taka vs kythr kythr has been doing well in Grand Slam and I think they have more experience in the game than Taka.
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs tier Nael is great in SV. tier is definitely not bad, so surprises surprises.
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs Fc AG mains boooooo. Jokes aside, I think Fc has the upper hand here.
RBY Ubers: Enigami vs Torchic I think Torchic is more consistent in RBY. But it's definitely a fair battle, and one I'll be happy to see!
Bo3: Lunala vs Garay oak two of the best players since years in Ubers. This one is difficult to bold, but I think Garay oak is slightly over Lunala. But nothing unbearable, Lunala can definitely take it.

Choice Bandits vs Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: DAHLI vs Xrn two players that have been doing well in Ubers despite not being main of it. From the few I've seen, I think Xrn has managed the chaos that is SV Ubers a bit better.
SV Ubers: Aberforth vs Manaphy a classic Ubers pairing. I can't wait to see Manaphy revolutionize the tier once again. Though, he's facing one of the most reliable player around. One of the highlight of the week for sure.
SV Ubers: Frito vs Terracotta Frito is great.
SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs DNNP bacon is a top Ubers player. Though, DNNP is a solid overall player, so it might be closer than I expect it to be.
RBY Ubers: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs shiloh shiloh is really strong in Ubers, but so is Narwhal. I honestly can't say who will win it.
Bo3: Guard vs SiTuM le chouinay est trop fort.

Manly Melmetal vs Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: Shuwri vs mind gaming Shuwri has not been performing well recently, and mind gaming is really strong. Sorry my friend, I hope you're okay... :psysad:
SV Ubers: Inder vs 64 Squares Allez INDER
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs pichus entro is the absolute goat in this early generation. Not bolding him would be a crime I can't commit.
SS Ubers: LBN vs Icemaster speaking of which, the master of the ice is also doing extremely well.
RBY Ubers: Unowndragon vs stunner047 UD is a terrifying name to face in RBY. Stunner is really talented though, I hope this one won't be ruined by an early M2 freeze.
Bo3: Skarph vs Goat Heart ♥ I think Skarph has the upper hand here.

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Score so far: 14/30

Defiant Durians vs Devastating Dialgas
SV Ubers: Nyx vs Lily - Lily has a lot more experience playing in tours and I have a feeling that Nyx is going to get into her own head and overplay the situation in the game.
SV Ubers: TPP vs crying - Crying is more experienced in Ubers formats, and also has had a more comfortable transition into gen9.
SV Ubers: Mashing vs elodin - Mainer vs tour player, and we largely saw how that went last SCL. I expect Elodin will be caught off guard by some unusual set, in much the same way he was surprised by DD Taunt Arceus last week.
SS Ubers: Kate vs QWILY - Kate just won against the consensus best player in the pool, I'm going to back her to win every week until she gives me a reason not to.
Bo3: Star vs Fogbound Lake - I think this is a better order for the durians, with Star's piloting capabilities being more useful in more settled tiers like SS and USM than they were in a very developing meta like SV.

SV Ubers: ox04 vs SoulWind - While this is probably the worst matchup Soulwind could have rolled, its still Soulwind and I'm still going to predict for him to win. Ox is very capable of pulling out a surprise win given his building capabilities, and this is closer than it would have been with Soulwind against Taka or Nael, but I do still value Soulwind's piloting higher.
SV Ubers: Taka vs kythr - While Kythr did win last week, he did get two very helpful freezes on the way, including one on a Stalltwo that would have been a big problem for his team, and Taka played well and had a generally solid win instead. As a result, going to go with Taka as the win.
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs tier - Another close prediction here, I flip flopped on the two but went for Tier on Fc's assertion that he is the most active player in the discord. Activity almost always translates to Ws.
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs Fc - Fc will bring something a lot more balanced than what he brought against Kate last week, and will stick to his own mantra of using only viable pokemon for the rest of the tour. I think that this would be closer if Fc had won against Kate, whereas that loss will have reminded him to stick to what works.
Bo3: Lunala vs Garay oak - Garay is just too strong for me to want to predict anybody against him, especially when he is strongest where Luna is weakest.

SV Ubers: Shuwri vs mind gaming - Shuwri has no tour games of SV that i'm aware of, so I'm going to go with mind game for familiarity purposes. Could be convinced the other way if shuwri is as active in SV as he was SS through places like the ladder though.
SV Ubers: Inder vs 64 Squares - Another close one that I'm putting down to familiarity with the gen. I feel like Inder will extend his winning record, but this is the SV game I am looking forward to watching this week, second only to ox04 Soulwind, which I think is more in Soulwind's favour than it is Inder's here.
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs pichus - Entro played well against me and has been doing really well in individuals, I back him to continue this run of form against pichus.
SS Ubers: LBN vs Icemaster - Icemaster is so boring for predictions man. He uses like 12 mons total in his builder, but they're all solid and he doesnt really misplay with them, so I'll generally bold him unless he's playing one of the people who played in the last SCL (and I'll bold him against half of them too), but its so hard to avoid just repeating myself when predicting him. I think LBN can probably gain an advantage in the builder, but I suspect that wont be enough to overcome Ice.
Bo3: Skarph vs Goat Heart ♥ - I personally would back Skarph in a bo3 against anyone not named Garay in this pool, and think he is generally very underrated. Goat Heart can win, anyone in the Bo3 slot doesnt play there unless they're one of the top players in the pool, but I think Skarph has the edge. Of all the bo3 games this week, this is the one I want to watch the most.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Score so far: 14/30

Defiant Durians vs Devastating Dialgas
SV Ubers: Nyx vs Lily - Lily has a lot more experience playing in tours and I have a feeling that Nyx is going to get into her own head and overplay the situation in the game.
SV Ubers: TPP vs crying - Crying is more experienced in Ubers formats, and also has had a more comfortable transition into gen9.
SV Ubers: Mashing vs elodin - Mainer vs tour player, and we largely saw how that went last SCL. I expect Elodin will be caught off guard by some unusual set, in much the same way he was surprised by DD Taunt Arceus last week.
SS Ubers: Kate vs QWILY - Kate just won against the consensus best player in the pool, I'm going to back her to win every week until she gives me a reason not to.
Bo3: Star vs Fogbound Lake - I think this is a better order for the durians, with Star's piloting capabilities being more useful in more settled tiers like SS and USM than they were in a very developing meta like SV.

SV Ubers: ox04 vs SoulWind - While this is probably the worst matchup Soulwind could have rolled, its still Soulwind and I'm still going to predict for him to win. Ox is very capable of pulling out a surprise win given his building capabilities, and this is closer than it would have been with Soulwind against Taka or Nael, but I do still value Soulwind's piloting higher.
SV Ubers: Taka vs kythr - While Kythr did win last week, he did get two very helpful freezes on the way, including one on a Stalltwo that would have been a big problem for his team, and Taka played well and had a generally solid win instead. As a result, going to go with Taka as the win.
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs tier - Another close prediction here, I flip flopped on the two but went for Tier on Fc's assertion that he is the most active player in the discord. Activity almost always translates to Ws.
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs Fc - Fc will bring something a lot more balanced than what he brought against Kate last week, and will stick to his own mantra of using only viable pokemon for the rest of the tour. I think that this would be closer if Fc had won against Kate, whereas that loss will have reminded him to stick to what works.
Bo3: Lunala vs Garay oak - Garay is just too strong for me to want to predict anybody against him, especially when he is strongest where Luna is weakest.

SV Ubers: Shuwri vs mind gaming - Shuwri has no tour games of SV that i'm aware of, so I'm going to go with mind game for familiarity purposes. Could be convinced the other way if shuwri is as active in SV as he was SS through places like the ladder though.
SV Ubers: Inder vs 64 Squares - Another close one that I'm putting down to familiarity with the gen. I feel like Inder will extend his winning record, but this is the SV game I am looking forward to watching this week, second only to ox04 Soulwind, which I think is more in Soulwind's favour than it is Inder's here.
SV Ubers: entrocefalo vs pichus - Entro played well against me and has been doing really well in individuals, I back him to continue this run of form against pichus.
SS Ubers: LBN vs Icemaster - Icemaster is so boring for predictions man. He uses like 12 mons total in his builder, but they're all solid and he doesnt really misplay with them, so I'll generally bold him unless he's playing one of the people who played in the last SCL (and I'll bold him against half of them too), but its so hard to avoid just repeating myself when predicting him. I think LBN can probably gain an advantage in the builder, but I suspect that wont be enough to overcome Ice.
Bo3: Skarph vs Goat Heart ♥ - I personally would back Skarph in a bo3 against anyone not named Garay in this pool, and think he is generally very underrated. Goat Heart can win, anyone in the Bo3 slot doesnt play there unless they're one of the top players in the pool, but I think Skarph has the edge. Of all the bo3 games this week, this is the one I want to watch the most.
need you to do predictions for old gens, that's where all the spice is- you both don't know what you're talking about (comparatively) and the old genners are all 40 years old and get butthurt (read: me).

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
Defiant Durians (4) vs (7) Devastating Dialgas

DaReal Drizzlers (7) vs (4) Void Villains

Choice Bandits (5) vs (5) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: Frito vs Terracotta

highlights:

BW Ubers: Lasen vs Kebabe (60-40)
i think this mu is interesting because its probably the most pressure lasen is feeling this season, will definitely show what level hes currently operating at. i have him at 20% unfavored however its not a margin that cant be overcome with good prep or simple luck, if hes able to overcome this opponent i think hes in a good position for a x-1 or x-2 record.

DPP Ubers: Exiline vs Hack (55-45)
two very experienced players match head to head here, hack having the edge in long term experience however exiline likely has the edge in short term practice as hack hasnt played in a while whereas exiline stayed pretty consistently active. im unfamiliar with exiline dpp but if his managers have the confidence to slot him in there against hack i dont have much reason to doubt. very tight series.

SV Ubers: ox04 vs SoulWind (51-49)
soulwind is obviously the more generally experienced with the game of pokemon however ox's bag of tricks run very deep, certainly a matchup im looking forward to; the generalist vs the specialist.

SV Ubers: Aberforth vs Manaphy (60-40)
a similar situation as the above however the difference comes in team choice rather than tour player vs tier main. abe has shown himself consistent last gen and i dont think the meta shift will change that too much while manaphy starts off extremely strong in new metas and slowly goes down. if theres any predict im not confident in its this one lmao but i think consistency trumps power spikes most of the time so im going to go with this, definitely could be wrong

Last edited:
BW Ubers:

Lasen vs Kebabe - Lasen has been pulling out his Super Rod to fish for good matchups and is 2-0 because of it. Nevertheless, that doesn't mean anything in the face of the Kebabe + Hack combo. Kebabe looked more solid in play when I faced him last week so I am inclined to go for him. If Lasen decides to bring a team 6-0d by bulky rain for the 3rd time then this will be a beatdown for sure.

Thor vs watashi - I refuse to live in a world where wata is 0-3. He is the more solid player on paper but, has gotten unlucky these past few weeks. Thor is pretty lucky but even he has his dry spells when it comes to good fortune. This is most definetely the BW match of the week and could go either way.

The Dovahneer vs Monai - Dovah is a more solid player. If Monai doesn't get help from Zarel and dodges / crits 5 moves then I would give dovah the upper hand.

Hf to the bandits, let's have a good series :)

Xrn

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Magician vs Heysup - more experienced player and has looked better in this tour, magician still has to clean up their play. heysup might shoot himself in the foot with team choice but he has a tendency to still win when he does that

MMII vs HANTSUKI - mm2 has been winning so far, sun stalled a less experienced opponent for the win w1 then played A Series against sea. hantsuki is also 2-0 playing A Game against sea and sun balance against someone newer to the tier. who knows what this game will look like honestly, bolding mm2 but I wouldn't be surprised if hantsuki won

FatFighter2 vs iry - "LOOOOOL why would I lose" surely it can't happen twice

Raph369 vs SuperEpicAmpharos - yeah so raph's opponent didn't really play the game last week meanwhile sea's opponent didn't let him play the game last week. I really don't think sea will go 0-3, but if he's going into this game tilted then raph is definitely competent enough to win

something something I hate baton pass

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
score SO FAR: 0/0

Defiant Durians (5) vs (7) Devastating Dialgas

Rather interesting tactical choice on the durian side. Nyx is a pretty good pilot who has never had the opportunity to shine on a team tour, so maybe this is her chance. Despite her fairly satisfactory ingame, she'll have to prove more to deserve to be predicted the winner against Lily, a player I no longer need to introduce
I'm not going to lie, I'm rather disappointed by the performance of these 2 players, their games really don't live up to their reputation. I'm still going to go with crying for his experience in ubers and his ability to put together some pretty unexpected teams
having confronted and teamed up with these 2 players in the same month, I think I can safely say that this upset can take place.
To sum up: mashing is the rising star of ubers, with a string of good solo and individual performances and a reputation for solid builds. On the other hand, we have Elodin, a solid OU veteran with very solid skills. his game was good enough against me, the hardest thing will be to build him a good team that he can master enough to get rid of the abominable mashing
although kate's SS takes are pretty questionable, I think she's light years ahead of qwily in terms of SS ubers mastery. I'd make him buy my book on "how to win your endgames", it'll be useful for him
Thiago is really a player with very solid fundamentals, sharow doesn't bother to invest himself in the game anymore so I'll probably put him on the losing side against most of the usm pool
I really think ninjadog is a good player but his games have been really horrible, I'm waiting for him to show what he's really capable of because I'm still very very disappointed
the 2 are good but lasen insults me every time I'm in a vocal, so I go for the coolest guy. I seriously think it's a pretty 50/50 MU, Lasen bro if you want to prove you're the future BW legend ubers it's time
hack is a big rager + sexiline diff sorry not sorry
he may be the best ADV Ubers player on the site, i can only respect this man for his remarkable level of play. however magician had a pretty cool game against iry so maybe...
even the most beautiful flowers die, even the most aesthetic fruits rot even Kate Moss isn't eternal...
I want to believe that Daniel can still impose himself as a good gsc player, yet it seems that he has done his time, we are perhaps on the decline of the legend, we love you daniel
the 2 players are really at the top of their game, I predict Ctown for his rather unreal regularity, but I value frrf a lot as a player, this MU is tighter than people think
Bo3: Star (SV-SM) vs Fogbound Lake (SS)
I think fog couldn't have hoped for a better MU than this one for bounce back. He's been pretty solid in SS but also pretty disappointing in USM which almost always forces him to win SV to have a good shot at Bo3. I bold starmaster since it's surely one of smogon's best ingame and since it's already proved in the past that it's solid on all ST ubers format

DaReal Drizzlers (6) vs (6) Void Villains

I think this is by far the funniest MU you'll ever see. I'll refrain from presenting these 2 symbols in their own way, I'll just say that despite my bold on SW, ox will prevail.
not at all convinced by kythr in SV ubers, taka as for him has a great potential so I give him my prediction
interesting fight, Nael is a little SV prodigy with an SSNL final to his name and we have tier, a little Fc protégé who puts in a string of good performances in the low tier on smogon. Im gonna bold the mainer, but might be tighest fight in this series
it's a good pairing too, but fc has been SS ubers best player for 2 years now, so Im gonna give him the edge even if loti can take this
under normal circumstances I would have predicted pdt, but zesty has been very solid on his feet at the start of this tournament, and I think he'll continue in the same vein.
I like ladder players but I don't think I can count the number of times I've annihilated sanv in the majority of SS ladders, no kidding royal has been performing really well since the UWC, he logically deserves to be a winner
i'm totally biased, i love watashi as a player and i sincerely think he has more skills than his opponent of the day although thor is a pretty serious contender in bw ubers
lol goat (8-0 last year + sus is the mashing best friend + she's canadian)
the king of ADV ubers himself, I like hantsuki's style of play a lot more, but master m2 is still quite effective in his choice of teams, which seem too difficult for his opponents to contain
David versus Goliath, I think it's one of the most unbalanced MUs in the tournament, Conflict is light years ahead of omi in terms of gsc experience, although the format remains gsc so anything is still possible
i think enigami is a good rby player but torchic was just very regular in old gen ubers last year not to predict him winner here
Bo3: Lunala (SV) vs Garay oak (SS-USM)
tighter than you'd like to think, lunala had a hard-fought win last week against GH, who for me is the best Bo3 in the competition, but on the other hand garay was much more reassuring in SS and USM, so I'm predicting a win in 3 for garay, although lunala can take the SS game with a good preparation

Choice Bandits (4) vs (8) Alolan Mukkers

I'm not a big fan of dahli to be honest, I feel he's still a bit fragile in SV where Xrn has shown he's a sure thing in this new generation.
despite his defeat last week, I think I can say with enough certainty that aber is the best uber player in the competition, even if manaphy is having a very solid tournament so far, surely the HL of the week
SV Ubers: Frito vs Terracotta
frito showed some very encouraging things in his match against me, and I believe with certainty that defeating Terra will be something within his reach
bacon has been much more solid than DNNP over the last 2 games, but the latter's SS potential is matched by very few players in my opinion. It's likely to be an enjoyable match to watch
simply the best player in the format, I don't know much about dominatio but MF is far too solid not to predict him
I've never been a big fan of MZ la or squinn prime is really very impressive, again a rather bisaised predict I guess?
LXL wins the prize for nicest opponent, although edgar seems to be a cut above in terms of sheer level of play
another potential upset here, I sincerely think that inspirated generally makes fewer mistakes than HL, who sometimes has tunnel vision that can punish him if he's not careful
FF0-2... get a grip old father, iry seems to be a good ADV player but I think with a little preparation nothing is impossible for FF0-2 to turn things around
despite BFM's fiery tournament debut isa remains top 2 all-time GSC ubers (as well as 2100 FIDE), no one can compete with the boss of the format
StadisticNarvalo has really been quite convincing the last 2 weeks, I bold shiloh's experience more than his level of play which looks quite similar with Narvalo
Bo3: Guard (SV-SS) vs SiTuM (USM)
I think that Situm would have had a clear advantage under normal circumstances, but it turns out that he's really passable in SV and very catchable in SS, whereas his opponent of the day seems quite good in these 2 generations, although he has a big weakness in USM imo

Last edited:

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
Predictions for some SV games:

ox04 vs SoulWind: SoulWind’s a lot more experienced with the game as a whole. However, ox04 is very creative with his teams. He’s always got something interesting to show every game, so I look forward to this.

Taka vs kythr - Kythr is good, but quite a bit of his win last week came down to freeze luck. As long as Taka doesn’t bring Bugceus, I believe he’ll win here. (also Taka you’re not Aurora so don’t even think about bringing Fireceus again)

Inder vs 64 Squares: the cover never go wrong boys

entrocefalo vs pichus: Despite Entro bringing exactly what I thought he’d bring and me counter-teaming him, I took an L to him last week in Open. Saying this from personal experience, he’s very good. I don’t expect him to lose here.

Strictly thinking about builder, I have never been too much a fan of Exiline's teams choice, and last week was no exception. On the other hand, Hack brought a team I thought was particularly interesting last week. Even if it felt a little dated, it still looked like something that definitely works as of today. Playing-wise, Exiline is good and Hack is supposedly really good - he certainly handled last week nicely. Might be one of the most interesting DPP pairing of the tournament? Could really go both ways although I'm giving Hack the edge because of builder.

Brother I will bold you because you will complain I jinxed you otherwise. Please do not use teams with 4 flopmons. Shrang will just use the Shrang classic he has been using since my entire time on this website.

Highlord is the best DPP of the tour and loads solid consistent teams (and Ludicolo), I would likely bold him against anyone. Inspirited can still make it though! You can tell from replays he spends a WHILE in builder. I am not always a fan of what it results in, but catching Highlord off-guard with a nicely thought build might be his best out.

The Kyle has been loading absolutely WILD stuff, which I think leaves very little to in-game plays. Both game so far have been very one-sided to the extent I find it complicated to point out what could have been played better in the loss/what were winning plays in the win. London Beats loaded Zong Rain twice, and I particularly liked the Sub Palkia one (broken mon!). Not a fan of the Manaphy one but the entire structure is just good and consistent. Bolding him on the grounds Manaphy was a mess up and he will stick to really good squads like the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)