Tournament UPL XI: Week One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Blazenix
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>
Commencement<<

vs

Defiant Durians (5) vs (7) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: RichardMillePlain vs Manaphy
SV Ubers: Star vs Xrn
SV Ubers: TPP vs Ainzcrad
SS Ubers: Kate vs DNNP
SM Ubers: Cam vs March Fires
ORAS Ubers: ninjadog vs Seasons
BW Ubers: Lasen vs Edgar
DPP Ubers: Thiago Nunes vs Inspirited
ADV Ubers: Magician vs iry
GSC Ubers: RealJester vs BigFatMantis
RBY Ubers: Frrf vs shiloh
Bo3: Mashing vs SiTuM

vs

Void Villains (6) vs (6) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs 64 Squares
SV Ubers: tier vs mind gaming
SV Ubers: Floss vs pichus
SS Ubers: Fc vs Icemaster
SM Ubers: pdt vs The Strap
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs keys
BW Ubers: watashi vs Monai
DPP Ubers: susciety vs The Kyle
ADV Ubers: HANTSUKI vs SuperEpicAmpharos
GSC Ubers: Spellcaster vs vani
RBY Ubers: Torchic vs stunner047
Bo3: Garay oak vs Goat Heart ♥

vs

Devastating Dialgas (5) vs (7) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: crying vs LBN
SV Ubers: elodin vs Inder
SV Ubers: Sylveon used calm mind vs entrocefalo
SS Ubers: QWILY vs Shuwri
SM Ubers: Sharow vs Rhmsitb
ORAS Ubers: Hack vs Vileman
BW Ubers: Kebabe vs The Dovahneer
DPP Ubers: Beraldo vs London Beats
ADV Ubers: Heysup vs Raph369
GSC Ubers: Mr.378 vs Amaranth
RBY Ubers: Ctown6 vs Unowndragon
Bo3: Fogbound Lake vs Skarph

vs

DaReal Drizzlers (8) vs (4) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: ox04 vs IoSonoNeon
SV Ubers: Taka vs Aberforth
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs DAHLI
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs baconeatinassassin
SM Ubers: Zesty43 vs FatFighter2
ORAS Ubers: robjr vs oversway
BW Ubers: Thor vs Li Xiao Long
DPP Ubers: shrang vs Highlord
ADV Ubers: MMII vs Alkione
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Isa
RBY Ubers: Enigami vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Bo3: Lunala vs Guard

Defiant Durians (0) vs (0) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: RichardMillePlain vs Manaphy
SV Ubers: Star vs Xrn
SV Ubers: TPP vs Ainzcrad
SS Ubers: Kate vs DNNP
ORAS Ubers: ninjadog vs Seasons
BW Ubers: Lasen vs Edgar
DPP Ubers: Thiago Nunes vs Inspirited
ADV Ubers: Magician vs iry
GSC Ubers: RealJester vs BigFatMantis
RBY Ubers: Frrf vs shiloh
Bo3: Mashing vs SiTuM

Void Villains (0) vs (0) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs 64 Squares
SV Ubers: tier vs mind gaming
SV Ubers: Floss vs pichus
SS Ubers: Fc vs Icemaster
SM Ubers: pdt vs The Strap
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs keys
BW Ubers: watashi vs Monai
DPP Ubers: susciety vs The Kyle
GSC Ubers: Spellcaster vs vani
RBY Ubers: Torchic vs stunner047
Bo3: Garay oak vs Goat Heart ♥

Devastating Dialgas (0) vs (0) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: crying vs LBN
SV Ubers: elodin vs Inder
SV Ubers: Sylveon used calm mind vs entrocefalo
SS Ubers: QWILY vs Shuwri
SM Ubers: Sharow vs Rhmsitb
ORAS Ubers: Hack vs Vileman
BW Ubers: Kebabe vs The Dovahneer
DPP Ubers: Beraldo vs London Beats
ADV Ubers: Heysup vs Raph369
GSC Ubers: Mr.378 vs Amaranth
RBY Ubers: Ctown6 vs Unowndragon
Bo3: Fogbound Lake vs Skarph

DaReal Drizzlers (0) vs (0) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: ox04 vs IoSonoNeon
SV Ubers: Taka vs Aberforth
SV Ubers: Nael222 vs DAHLI
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs baconeatinassassin
SM Ubers: Zesty43 vs FatFighter2
ORAS Ubers: robjr vs oversway
BW Ubers: Thor vs Li Xiao Long
DPP Ubers: shrang vs Highlord
ADV Ubers: MMII vs Alkione
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Isa
RBY Ubers: Enigami vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Bo3: Lunala vs Guard

The deadline for this round is Sunday, June 18th at 11:59 PM GMT -4.​

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Only going to predict SV, SS and Bo3 matchups.

Defiant Durians (0) vs (0) Alolan Mukkers
SV Ubers: RichardMillePlain vs Manaphy - Manaphy's good, but Richard has been on a good streak and comes in with more familiarity with gen9. On top of that, there's now only one cleric in the tier, significantly limiting Manaphy's teambuilding options.
SV Ubers: Star vs Xrn - Star is a fantastic pilot, and I think he is more capable of just rocking up with a team and performing with it, while I feel both he and Xrn will be more focused on the ongoing world cup. As a result, I think this will be of secondary importance to them both and thus I'll go with Star.
SV Ubers: TPP vs Ainzcrad - Speaking of focused on World Cup, TPP is the main builder for an entire team in World Cup and its a brand new meta. Simply on the evidence of him being far more occupied with something else, I'll go with Ainzcrad to put more time and energy into Ubers this week, with that time paying off.
SS Ubers: Kate vs DNNP - Kate will frustrate the life out of the durians management this season, but she has the skill to back that up. So long as they can bribe motivate her to not bring such pokemon as Porygon-Z and Drapion, they have a high end SS pick who will be favoured most weeks.
Bo3: Mashing vs SiTuM - I expect Mashing to win SV and Situm to win USM, so I think the game will come down to SS, and while Situm hates the meta, he is more experienced in it so I'll give him the edge here.

Void Villains (0) vs (0) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs 64 Squares - Fc is building.
SV Ubers: tier vs mind gaming - Fc is building.
SV Ubers: Floss vs pichus - Fc is building.
SS Ubers: Fc vs Icemaster - By far the closest of this set of predictions, Ice has been less active than Fc and took a break from high end tournament play for a while, and Fc has not stopped. For that basis, I'm going to predict Fc to win, but I would not at all be surprised if Ice took this.
Bo3: Garay oak vs Goat Heart ♥ - We let this man get Soulwind and Garay?

Devastating Dialgas (0) vs (0) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: crying vs LBN - My prediction flips if crying gets passed a team, but this meta is one that I feel will reward creativity, and crying is nothing if not creative. I also believe crying is better at SV in general, but they perform worse when they arent using their own teams and with world cup on, this is another where the different priorities could play a factor in the result.
SV Ubers: elodin vs Inder - World Cup + Elodin is unfamiliar with the tier + Inder will be active and playing the meta more in preparation for the game. Elodin's a good player, but that doesnt always translate to success, and while crying is incredible using their own teams, I suspect elodin might find them more awkward to pilot.
SV Ubers: Sylveon used calm mind vs entrocefalo - Entrocefalo is coming off the back of a ladder tour win and has stepped up in SV, while SUCM had a good ost run, but doesnt seem to play much ubers from what I can tell. Entro is coming in too hot to predict against, even despite their success in OU.
SS Ubers: QWILY vs Shuwri - I am basing this largely off of the Ubers World Cup, where I have been told by a couple of members of team france that Shuwri was the most active and practiced SS player on the team.
Bo3: Fogbound Lake vs Skarph - Bo3 is always going to have the hardest matches to predict, but I am leaning Skarph here, as the circuit ribbon holder he will come into this full of confidence, while Fog had a rather sad time in Winter League, while his strongest gen is also Skarph's.

Here you go Inder. Not going to waste time trying to predict metas I dont understand or keep up with much, esp when trying to justify my choices.

Defiant Durians (6) vs (5) Alolan Mukher
SV Ubers: RichardMilliePlainvs Manaphy Richard imo is one of the best sv players rn
SV Ubers: Star vs Xrn Starlord
SV Ubers: TPP vs Ainzcardez Ainzcard win tbh
SS Ubers: Kate vs DNNP no doubts Kate gonna win this ez
ORAS Ubers: ninjadog vs Seasons alright I have not seen seasons play ubers before so can't judge this one
BW Ubers: Lasen vs Edgar Lasen wins unless he brings fireceus
DPP Ubers: Exilinevs Inspirited Sexiline owns
ADV Ubers: Magician vs iry let's go iry
GSC Ubers: RealJester vs BigFatMantis The only true RealJester
RBY Ubers: Frrf vs Shiloh
Bo3: Mashing vs SiTuM looking forward to this one

Void Villains (5) vs (5) Dangerous Dracovish
SV Ubers: SoulWind vs 64 Squares okay bruhh 64 Squares is a better clicker in ubers imo
SV Ubers: tier vs mind gaming for sure tier
SV Ubers: Floss vs pichus ez Pichus W
SS Ubers: Fc vs Icemaster tough matchup honestly both are equally good looking forward to this one
SM Ubers: pdt vs The Strap The Strap
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs keys record speaks for itself
BW Ubers: watashivs Monai gut says watashi
DPP Ubers: suscietyvs The Kyle sussy baka
GSC Ubers: Spellcaster vs vani ez Vani game
RBY Ubers: Torchic vs stunner047 Torchic gonna take this one
Bo3: Garay oak vs Goat Heart ♥ both are great but Garay oak is just the better one imo

Devastating Dialgas (5) vs (7) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: cryingvs LBN okay crying is good at every tier they play
SV Ubers: elodin vs Inder oui oui
SV Ubers:Sylveonusedcalmmi vs entrocefalo one of the best players in the cg rn
SS Ubers: QWILY vs Shuwri Go Qwily
SM Ubers: Sharow vs Rhmsitb Go my Indian brother u got this
ORAS Ubers Hackvs Vileman never seen Vileman play + I have seen Hacks replays and they are super good
BW Ubers: Kebabe vs The Dovahneer good names deserve the W's
DPP Ubers: Beraldo vs London Beats Beat him
ADV Ubers: Heysup vs Raph369Holy gang
GSC Ubers: Mr.378 vs Amaranth goatnth
RBY Ubers: Ctown6 vs Unowndragon welcome to the town
Bo3: Fogbound Lake vs Skarph Fogbound unless timer falls near 20 seconds that's when shit about to get real and trust me it will fall down to 15 secs

DaReal Drizzlers (6) vs (5) Choice Bandits
SV Ubers: ox04 vs IoSonoNeon don't get banned
SV Ubers: Taka vs Aberforth Goat Aber
SV Ubers: Nael222vs DAHLI go France
SS Ubers: lotiasite vs baconeatinassasin cook some bacon and loti
SM Ubers: Zesty43 vs FatFighter2 the real zacian waifu
ORAS Ubers: robjr vs oversway kkk no comments
BW Ubers: Thor vs Li Xiao Long best bw player
DPP Ubers: shrangvs Highlord good user shrang lgi
ADV Ubers: MMII vs Alkione goatkione
GSC Ubers: Conflict vs Isa Go Conflict
RBY Ubers: Enigami vs SaDiSTicNarwhal best rbyer
Bo3: Lunala vs Guard goat Lunala u got this

Gl to all the players hoping to see some great games
Inder here u go

Xrn

is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Magician vs. iry - he is the goat
HANTSUKI vs. SuperEpicAmpharos - hantsuki probably played the tier once upon a time but my good pal superepicampharos should have better prep and play as long as he doesn't load up 2 URs, he usually has a strong read on mitana's support too
Heysup vs. Raph369 - will play 100 test games per week vs will try to rfn, heysup wins a lot and will almost definitely try harder but the mysterious monkey is a dangerous user
MMII vs. Alkione - iirc mm2 had a rough last upl and I'm not sure if he's started since then, on the other end idk how familiar alkione is with adv but his managers can provide support. I can't really trust either w1 but I'll take alkione fk it

go mukkers fuck reje

SEA

show me what to be
is a Pre-Contributor
NUPL Champion
Don't think I've ever written predictions before, let's see how this goes.

Magician vs iry: I do not think Magician is going to be capable of playing around iry's inevitably fairly fat team. The team selection may be there, but iry is a pretty experienced player who should be ready for that kind of matchup.

Heysup vs Raph369: I think this one's genuinely pretty even. Raph's wack ass builds match up pretty decently into Heysup's cheese usually, but I still gave Heysup the nod here as I think he is more likely to work out the kinks in his team selection through test game slaving.

MMII vs Alkione: I think this one's roughly 65:35 MMII, mostly because of how MMII is as a player. I don't think any level of support the Bandits will offer will properly prepare Alkione for what he is supposed to do in this game. Expecting some offbeat tech from MMII here to skew the game in his favor early.

Looking forward to some quality ADV :D

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Only gonna do ORAS predictions even if I am looking forward to watching the UPL games when I can. The RBY pool is actually very stacked to probably most people's lack of understanding so the RBY cord will be drooling very second those games occur lol.

ORAS Ubers: ninjadog vs Seasons - my memory is bad so this one is up in the air but he has the support of Exiline and just better ORAS support in general to hopefully not bring dogshit.
ORAS Ubers: Royal1604 vs keys - I have played keys a bunch and when I'm not lucking him he formulates good long term plans and just brings solid teams. Very self sufficient.
ORAS Ubers: Hack vs Vileman - This is a toss up again because I think this game is going to come down to who gets better support to not bring something unviable. Hack also put together the foundation for some of the best archetypes in the tier even to this day and this is a tier that rewards strong building so feels like he has upper hand.
ORAS Ubers: robjr vs oversway - Idk who oversway is and rob is consistent but oversway on paper has way better ORAS support cause Highlord alone.

Isa

I've never felt better in my life
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
GSC Ubers predicts:

RealJester vs BigFatMantis
I have not yet seen Jester play GSC Ubers so he is entering as a wildcard. I think it might take him a bit of time to learn the nuances of this tier and how it differs from OU, but I will be happy to be proven wrong. BFM has had a solid run recently and won a Bo3 vs. Mr.378 recently, so he gets the bolded name this week.

Spellcaster vs Vani
Vani is on another level here to be plain. Spellcaster has shown an interest in the tier before but this is their first real run at the higher levels. Vani has only grown stronger and stronger each tournament he has played in, and it would be a big upset to see him lose this.

Mr.378 vs Amaranth
This one could easily go either way. After a lackluster UPL X, Amaranth had a stronger showing in ALTPL, though the competition was not as fierce. Daniel has been trending downwards for a while now and needs to solidify his game to regain his status at the top - going negative in UWL was followed by an elimination at the hands of BigFatMantis in round 3 in the GSC Ubers Open. I am still bolding him because I think Amaranth still needs to prove himself (and especially his teambuilding) a bit, but if Amaranth brings a team that's solid that he knows how to pilot, Daniel will not find it easy to win. Definitely the match I am looking forward to the most of the three.

Hack vs Vileman
It's like choosing between your brother and your son

Lasen (40) vs Edgar (60) if we’re talking teambuilding wise Edgar has the edge over anyone. If Lasen gets the good team it certainly will be a good battle. Just don’t bring triple psy

Watashi (51) vs Monai (49): Hard to not bold Watashi but Monai is a good player too. Didn’t play much vs them so I don’t know who will actually make the plays to be in a favorable situation. I know that watashi is extremely good though.

Kebabe (70) vs Dova (30): Kebabe is by far one of the best BW players ever. Now knowing Dova he can win with some good mu or some good luck. Knowledge wise I don’t think there is any competition but anything can happen in a game. For neutral luck, I just can’t see Kebabe losing.

Thor (60) vs Li Xao Long (40): I have heard good things about Li Xao Long, but I have not seen them playing so I can’t pronounce myself on their BW knowledge. Now Thor is a special case because he can either crush the pool or be crushed for no apparent reasons outside of being outplayed, or unlucky from times to times. It is always exciting to see new names in the BW pool

Good luck to all and may none of you bring smashpass unless you wanna be judged :psyangry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)