Tournament UPL XI: Finals [Won by Manly Melmetal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeniusFromHoenn

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
We've done it melms, we became the best upl 11 team like we dreamed from day 1 week 1 of the tour. Love you all, was an amazing experience being a manager of the squad.
Inder my man, when you approached me asking if we can manage, I didn't believe we would come this far. Yet, we have. Couldn't do it without you my goat, hope we manage next year aswell

The Dovahneer my amazing goat, you were fantastic in the entire tour. Although finals didn't go your way the amount of effort you put into the old gen slots and your own was lovely

London Beats :goat: . Regular weeks didn't go your way but you getting dubs in playoffs was amazing, glad we could get you mate

Vileman baitmaster himself. The work you did in prep for oras and adv was amazing. thanks to you being flexible with slots when raph wasn't available in weeks, we discovered our adv playoffs starter

Raph369 BIGBANDAR goat

skimmythegod initially we planned you to support vileman, but you showed your amazing potential to play oras later in weeks, going undefeated after one bad week. Keep it up, glad you were there with us

Rhmsitb we initially thought you'd be too expensive but you weren't so we got you anyways simply because how good you are. Was lovely having you on the team. practice weeks ended now!

Shuwri the great cooker himself. starting in ss didn't go your way so we tried you in sv. And cook in sv you did.

LouisIX the goatttt. The amount
of effort you put in sv was crazy and despite you not wanting to start, you did an amazing job when you started. Keep it up my friend, i hope you keep playing upls

Mimikyu Stardust intially suggested by a friend, you were super cool presence in the chat and when you took control of ss, we finally got our act together. Was lovely having you :)

LBN you were our initial ss plan but sometimes things just don't work. I'm glad you could get some great wins in sv and we also won 2 team tours on the same day!!!

Gondra you were amazing man. People outside didn't intially believe we drafted you but you are worth much more than what we got you for. Thanks for stepping up when the team needed you the most

entrocefalo the entrogeniusfalo with 8-1. Absolute carrier of the team and when you signed up i knew we had to get you, although we expected you to go for much higher. Couldn't have done this without you

Amaranth GSC gamer from melm 2022 also went for much cheaper than i thought u would. Glad we could get you and although finals didn't go your way, I hope you're satisfied with being much less unluckier than the previous year LOL

Unowndragon :heart_eyes: i have little experience in rby but anyone could see the time u spent on prep was huge, regardless of how the game went. Because of your timezone i could always see your games, i see that as an absolute win. Keep it up buddy

Dj Breloominati♬ last but not the least, the Spitfire goat. I knew you were amazing support with dovah in old gens and you delivered. Huge W
Also s/o SparksBlade , 64 Squares for joining and helping us in playoffs, thank you so much!

ckw I hope me and inder made u proud
This is also my 300th post which makes this upl extra special. Thank you Gareeb , Raph369 , Stallion for making me a better player today

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
We fucking won woooo
This was a really fun experience. The team environment was great, we managed to pull through on a 20k deficit (shotouts Skarph), and i overall feel ok with my games (except finals - my b team)
Thanks Inder and The Dovahneer GeniusFromHoenn for drafting me and giving me a shot at adv, i've always found the metagame fun and they let me have a go at it without that much tournament experience. you both also did a great overall job as managers, and I specially liked how Inder took his first time as manager, asking about stuff he wasn't certain how to handle and keeping track of how the players were doing. You have all the right to be proud how you handles this tour man!
Personally felt like I did ok in adv, and while the tier is a gambling machine with extra steps, I still had a lot of fun preparing, testing and playing.

skimmythegod told you since you got subbed in: you've got what it takes to take upl on, and you did. 5-1 after a bad loss is amazing, and I just hope this let's you have some more confidence in yourself and keep improving, can't wait to see what other tournaments you take on.

entrocefalo it's insane how good you are. We were 5-5 in finals and I was was not even nervous bc you were still left to play, so tiebreaker was a given at minimum. Keep pwning everyone and maybe someday play other tiers too (think you'd do great in official tournaments in ou)

London Beats i know you're bummed about your record but anyone who payed attention to your games and everyone in our team can tell it really doesn't show how good you are. Was pleased to see how much you cared about your games and how well you played, hope we get to team up again someday.

The Dovahneer another "oh he hasn't played yet? We are good to go". Your team choices really shined most of the time so props to your creativity, while also being a real nice chat presence, good stuff all around man

Dj Breloominati♬ prep gang, thanks for all the solid support across the channels

LouisIX you're a crackhead, but a nice fun crackhead. Your games were fun and you're funny, keep it up man

Amaranth kicked ass in gsc, good shit man. Also gave us the highlight of game discussion
1692629723668.png

1692629749491.png

LBN fun chat presence, your games didn't quite turned as you'd have expected but can't win em all and we won anyways so dw, gl for future tournaments

Shuwri Rhmsitb Mimikyu Stardust feel like we didn't get to interact much but yall did a solid job in your games, while being overall positive presences in the chat :toast:

Gondra as you said in your post you didn't talk much but you did just win the tournament for us, props for taking on the challenge and dominate the bo3 like that

Unowndragon @rbyprepgang good stuff, shame timezone difference didn't let us chat much but good stuff with the prep and the games!

And last but not least, thanks to the adv ubers prep/tests gang, Raph369 , MMII (our chat before semis helped me a ton, prep was greta but i just failed to pull it off but thanks a ton!), Heysup , Hack (when i was in oras) and specially my son SuperEpicAmpharos , without your help i would had been a lot more lost overall, thanks a lot *-*

And of course, thanks to the hosting team for making this a smooth ride, and the uber community for being fun. See ya all next time maybe!?

LouisIX

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
calling everyone goat is not the way smh GeniusFromHoenn .

This is my first uber team tour appearance and probably also my last besides worldcup which I promised my fellows to at least make one before completely quitting (that’s quite a luxury target tbh lol). As a relatively old online stimulater player, joining a team tour and experience the atmosphere is my goal of my sign up and the journey is just incredible to say the least. I may seems always acting like a true kekker and don’t care about w/l, but I have the ambition as a normal person do too, so winning overall feels great kekk. Long story short as you will see further what did I think during the whole tour later in my team/set dump and analysis (this part will be pretty sharp so a preempted sorry to my fellow teammates lol):

Inder If I am manager I won't be able to stay positive as long as you do because you are basically always positive all the time lol. Thank you for allowing me to kek during the whole tour even I may sometimes (no more than sometimes...?) went to far. As you have already knew, I have a built-in trust to you so I didn't always look deep into your prep that may actually cost you some game lol (yes I take that as my responsibility.). Winning our first upl together is such a huge satisfaction that makes me feel I am in a tale lol. Thank you for your trust and allowance for me to kek and be myself during the whole tour. Say no more my friend.

skimmythegod We were both kind of underconfident noob during the early upl , didn't we lol. As I said in the week you first started, I always trust your game play and trust me or not I am happier than everyone else to see you bounce back from being a clicker and win 5 big games afterwards. Our crash during SS ladder defined my trust on you and I am looking forward to see more of your success. (spare my team in wc please)

GeniusFromHoenn Can you just learn not to say "No" lol. Withnessing your growth is another gift for me during these years although tbh I am still disappointed you should improve faster than now. Thank you for being positive during the tier, keeping up with every minor staff that inder was just too lazy to do, and without you we might not have as tight as we are now. I wish you a better success in competitive ubers and you know where to find me when you need some ubers help.
Unowndragon well do you expect me to write about you here in ENGLISH? LMFAO UD you are way tougher than you think you are. Keep being crystalclear on your target, do not get distracted and you will eventually get to the position you want to be.
Rhmsitb you know in chinese forum you are a superstar we all call you "the india guy" lol. Pskr always trashtalking you but you know he trashtalk everyone so I never trust him lol. Watching you playing USM is such a enjoyment as you have absolute confident on everygame and always show a master level of game play really makes me feel admired. I wish at some day I can be as confident as you or even better kek.

To my fellow teammates, you guys are amazing and again a sincere thanks to all of you tolerating my kek in a daily basis and allow me to be myself throughout the whole tour. without you guys I can never be a free-riding bustard as I am now lol.

and Lastly...
entrocefalo I have never been this comfortable when I discuss ubers with anyone. You are so wise that we don't even need sentences to exchange our thoughts. You are so kind and open to accept all my advises to a point I feel like I was not at the position at all to give you advise on some criteria lol. We have been through opens (tough one), playoffs, we watch games, sometimes teasing or shaking heads together, discuss and do test countless amount of times lol. You are always amazing me on every aspect and you literally pushed me further on cooking the meta because I know you are 100% going to make all my cook work. I always pretend to be the biggest helper of you through out the tour but we all know you are the one who display greatness consistenetly. Looking forward to your scl dominance and I will be around if you need any sort of assistance. stay tuned my fd.
Eledyr :3 believe me or not to me you are just as great as entro lol. Please spare me to be short here but thank you so much on always listening to my complain lol. you are the one I am always willing to share and you are definitely worthing it. As a complete cold-blooder I will never come close to where you are and what you have done. Keep it up my bro you are such a shining star to me.
Special thanks to Paradise Seeker and Separation for always giving me inspiration on cooking. Love you my amazing Melmetals :3

Let me end this with a quote from my idol, Gregg Popovich:

"Those wins and loses they fade away. But those relationships stick with you forever and that's where the self esteem and self satisfaction comes."

Last edited:

Unowndragon

不是很懂我的固有厄运
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Finally,i get my first custom avatar,waiting for one year,final,i get it
As we all know, I am a player from rby ou,and then i play rby uu and rby uber,on 2023,this is first time i playing rby uber tour on uwl,my first performance was very good and it also gave me a lot of confidence.

But,this year's upl,i get many lose on many tour, after I achieved good grades at rbywc,afterwards, I suffered a series of misfortunes-ndwc 1-4,ppl rby ou 0-5,for me, the repeated failures and long absence have completely humiliated me, and I can't forget it. I spent several months in disappointment.

At this very moment, Inder and GeniusFromHoenn choose me to playing RBY UBER on that time,During my consecutive defeats, Inder still trusted me and talked to me, getting to know each other better, which made me firm in my determination to persevere in the battle.Also thanks GeniusFromHoenn,you have always trusted me, maybe that's why I persevered,I would also like to express my special gratitude to the best friend who has been standing behind me and supporting me. You have always been by my side, so that I can transform into a sharp sword of fire, to defeat any opponent who obstructs me, and to carry out my own path!

I really like the team this time. They are all players that I am familiar with and I really like. For me, this is the powerful team I love the most. I definitely want to give full marks for the team atmosphere!

LouisIX You often complain about things like 'why am I playing again',But every time, you can defeat your opponent and show amazing strength. I also like people who seem lazy but are actually powerful because they look so effortless. After getting along with you, I understand that you are truly worthy of my respect.

Gondra You gave a Critical hit in the final, but unfortunately I didn't have much chat with you, but I still have to say, "You did great!" I need to thank you and everyone in the other team for realizing my initial ideals!

Amaranth Although you rarely play rby uber, you still provide a lot of help in team building, and your performance is also excellent. Thank you!

entrocefalo Your performance this time shocked me. I feel that every time I watch your game, I can rest assured. To use a Chinese proverb, it should be " On the third day of their separation, they should look at each other with new eyes. "(士别三日,当刮目相看)

also thanks for other players- skimmythegod Rhmsitb LBN Shuwri Mimikyu Stardust Dj Breloominati♬ London Beats The Dovahneer ,I am not good at words, my English is poor, and due to various reasons such as time and work, I cannot always observe your games in a timely manner. However, I know that winning the championship this time is the result of all of us working together. Thank you all!

Final thanks Torchic,If it weren't for you, perhaps I wouldn't have considered the path of transformation quickly to achieve success,please allow me to express my sincere gratitude to you!

I have always been a warrior fighting for my ideals and goals to the death, a wordless warrior and Pokemon trainer from the East. See you next time in the competition!下次再见!

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
here we are, b1tch we're fucking UPL champ.

first of all, I'd like to salute all @choice bandits for the incredible journey you had. You can go home proud of what you've done, because few would have found the mental strength to get through a tournament that was already shaping up to be a tough one. That's whyI'd like to congratulate Highlord Ayu and Aberforth for taking this team so far in this tournament, without you none of this would have been possible. I'm obviously very sensitive to the progress of my first team in this tournament and it was very hard to eliminate them in the final.

I'm still very, very proud to be a Melm and to have succeeded in taking this team to the top. I promised you the win and we did it. Yes I repeat we're now UPL champ. This young pokemon player's dream was only possible because my team, the Melmetals, supported me and encouraged me at every stage of tournament. That's why Im gonna pay you my last respect here and now, to symbolize how much I enjoyed every moment along your side.

GeniusFromHoenn
we've had this project for 2 years now, we were selected and we did it, we're champions brother. Without you, it would have been impossible for me to carry out this project. you've been serving the team backstage for 3 months now, your role is greatly underestimated by people outside the team, but believe me I'll remember all those moments when you were the real lifeblood of the melmetals. I can't thank you enough for giving so much of yourself to this team, for reassuring me in moments of doubt, and for staying true to yourself right to the end.

The Dovahneer
I could almost sum it all up with the nickname "brovah". more than a player, you've been this team's big brother, both on the field and in our HQ itself.you were the first player we thought of to represent this new era of the melmetals, and you have honored that trust by establishing yourself as a driving force in the team. It looks like it's time to get back to training in the mountains, because as this upl season shows, your worst enemy has been yourself. I haven't seen many players in the BW pool who can claim to sit at your table. Literally the king of Black and White.

Vileman
So you I have so many things to say that I don't know where to start :issou:
Firstly, I'd like to thank you so much for being my personal adviser throughout this season. My fears when I bought you were that you wouldn't take me seriously enough or that you wouldn't be active enough on the discord. you quickly put my fears to rest, and I think it's safe to say that you were one of the best team-mates I've ever had. Thank you for being able to fill the ADV slot and carry the first few weeks in ORAS. Thank you for being so involved with the team and, above all, thank you for bringing good humor at the best of times, I won't forget that haha.

Amaranth
what to say about the goat in this format. You had very little time to devote to preparing your upl weeks, which tarnishes your record as champion. Nevertheless, as a vileman, you showed great seriousness and listened to most of my recommendations, which I appreciated. A climate of trust was established as the season progressed, and that did me a world of good. Thank you for all the precious win you brought us.

London Beats
You were our number 1 priority with entrocefalo, and I insisted heavily with my right-hand men to get you no matter what. If you hadn't already figured it out, I think the gamble of getting you for 17k is definitely worth it, despite your neutral record. You've been able to win the important games and free yourself from your bad form due to random haxx. I'm also pleased with the improvement in our relationship that we had during the tour, you were able to work on yourself and come back even stronger. I really appreciated your presence and the experience you brought to this young team, and I hope to be able to play alongside you again soon.

Unowndragon
Ill do one s.o for the 2 of you, as you've wroked hand in hand together since week 1. I think I've told you it so many times UD, but ill say it one more for the ego boosting: you're such an incredible player, don't sell urself short ! you've always had my trust and you'll never lose it, gain in selfconfidence and you'll be the greatest rbyer in this entire site. As for the one who helped us, I appreciate u help UD but u still a fucking dumbass

skimmythegod
For the 2nd time in a row, we're teaming up together, isn't that wonderful ? Joking aside you were literally the ACE of my hand this UPL. No one expected the huge perf you did, especially after the rough start you had. I'm very pleased that thanks to Vileman you've been given a 2nd chance and you've been able to improve as player. This is also an huge revenge of last UPL, I'm very happy for you my friend, let's enjoy this trophy as much as we can.

Rhmsitb
the USM legend among the legends. The legend says you still think it's another practice week... My dear brother, I'm so happy we're winning this UPL together, you were by my side at my mons debuts and you're still here during our REDEMPTION ARC (s.o London Beats ). After being stellar for the 1st part of the season, you went 4 weeks without any W until the finals and you did the job when we needed the most. In fact I don't really think you need this trophy, it's been a long time that you've got champion mark in you. s/o spitfire

Dj Breloominati♬
You were the most undercover dark manager of all time. Your help was useful throughout the tournament and ur advices proved invaluable. We could've never reach that far without you. You were a real saviour, thanks a lot.

Mimikyu Stardust
We didn't have much to say each other at the start if the tournament because you were a bit withdrown, but you've integrated perfectly into the team and found ur place to serve us as much as you can. You improved ur SS skills during the season and you're def a young crackthat deserve a closer look. I hope you enjoyed ur first ubers tourney and you'll have occasions to play it more in the future.

Lunala LBN
As long as ur the same person in pokeaim book, ill ID both of you for this one ! Joking aside, i know how disappointed you are with ur season and rightly so, you could have done so much better. You still managed to bounce back with 2 wins that have contributed a lot to where we are today. Not bad for a player out of his shape, don't u think ? I'm still very pleased that you're on our cord because only God knows you're the best vibe person on mons, but also a great competitor who will not miss it on futures tours im sure. keep ur head up king, things are just about to start for you !

LouisIX Raiden Mei KanzakiHAria
My chinese core here. You know that I always rate you high as a player and as a builder for sure. You had 1000% of my confidence despite ur kekkkeries every 30sec but I guess when I bought you I bought you I bought the entire package right ? You had a really great chat presence despite ur hard work inside and outside our discord :p
You carried the entire SV of melms and ur responsible of our 20-7 record, I hope ur very ashamed... (great job brother but fuck you to not invite me to play in chinese UPL)

Gondra
tbh I was a bit worried at the beggining of the tournament to have waste 5k for free since you didn't manifested any interest about UPL if we're honest, but you were here when i called you after Skarph disappeared and I could never thank you enough for what you did. As Dovah you trained in mountains for like 3-4 weeks and you came back to win the series of a season. You're really someone I appreciate as a person, discreet but fair most of the time, same for mimikyu we didn't had the time to interact that much but i really hope you enjoyed this one cuz we loved have you among us.

Skarph
I'm not sure when you'll get the occasion to see this, but here we are. even if you missed the entire season the talk i had with you before auctions are invaluable still. You're a great man and you deserve for sure this carry.

entrocefalo
what can I say without being too admiring mhhhhhh... You're such a nice guy and an insane player. As i mentionned in London's s.o you were the ultimate priority because we knew you were in an amazing shape.I think after a performance like that you deserve not only the title of legend but also that of uber player of the year. Congrats for the amazing perf in solos and for the hard carrying for Melms, you have everything it takes to become the best (fairy gens) uber player in history so keep writting ur legend, the 4th cover made me want to see more :zap:

Raph369
This tournament was way too ez for you that's why we kept u on the bench, congrats for the deserved trophy. I hope to see the bandar dominance next year.

Shuwri
C'est probablement le seul s.o que je vais me permettre de faire en français. Depuis que le UFG gang et toi m'avaient pris sous votre aile je n'ai cessé de progresser et d'en vouloir toujours plus sur ce jeu jusqu'à aujourd'hui. Avec les années tu es devenu plus qu'un collègue mais un véritable ami sur qui j'ai toujours pu compter. Je ne te remercie pas uniquement pour cette UPL mais pour tout ce que tu m'as apporté sur le jeu et en dehors. Je suis vraiment content de ce deuxième titre remporté ensemble, je te souhaite vraiment le meilleur pour la suite, tu le mérites amplement.

That's the enf of the last Inder's speech, as you probably noticed I enjoyed as fuck this UPL but I think it's the time to beggin to distance myself from the game quietly...
Ill be back to win what I haven't got yet.
Thanks everyone was fun, see youl later
-Inder

Last edited:

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion
thank you to managers and teammates that trusted me with the slot despite my limited time, sorry I couldn't do better esp in final

whole team was great but I want to give an extra special shoutout to The Dovahneer - absolute beast of a player, one of the most impressive i've ever teamed with especially in an unofficial. deserves all the praise and more
Inder keep managing, you need more experience but you have the right personality

thanks to all the opponents who gave me good games, always a pleasure to play gsc ubers with the boys anytime it shows up
my quest to climb the ubers hof despite barely playing any ubers continues

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
i wanted to make a longer post but once i started writing it i realized it was repetitive and cringe so im just going to shout out my managers for giving me the opportunity to express myself as a player and my teammates who we wouldn't of won without, you guys were exceptional.

thank you to everyone who participated in making upl the experience that it was including the choice bandits who were definitely worthy finals contenders, id love to see you guys next year

special shoutouts to everyone whos ever worked with me as a player, every single one of you has been instrumental in getting me to the level im at today and i cant thank that enough, even just playing test games with me helps a ton. im sure you guys know who you are and there are so many so im not going to list everyone here but its been a pleasure :)

London Beats

is a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
As many of my mates have already said, i am not content with the record i finish with but i am happy about my games so far being the only regreetable one against shrang in regular season, where i should have played that mu better. Luck wasn't on my side and i needed neutrality in some games, player that had seen the replays know what i am talking about if they pay attention. My mood wasn't the best after week 4 and prolly since week 3 due to the combinations of games that made me genuinely angry. That being said, i went to shrang game with almost no faith on the team i was playing, and i played it bad. Luckily one week to refresh myself worked somehow.

I am a serious person when I know how to build a team. I love to test new things that I find interesting, good, and sometimes even crazy. I feel so lucky to have the help of the Plato gang always there, especially Garay oak and Hyw. You two were vital not only for my performance but also for my journey in Ubers in general. I remember when I was talking with you, Hyw, for years and I had no idea you played Ubers, and here we are now. Testing with you or just playing for fun really means a lot to me; it's one of the best experiences in this game – having a good friend who is so skilled and willing to play games from time to time just for fun.

I remember when Garay (and you) were invited to the DPP Invitational, and we created a server to build, scout, and test for it. That was where I learned a lot about the tier and immediately fell in love with it. Thanks for all these years of being a wonderful person and mentor. I hope you can find some sort of redemption in any way possible, as you are by far one of the best users (and Ubers players) this forum could have, and someone I can honestly say I consider a friend from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for always checking my teams and giving me great ideas, and see you later, bestie.

To Garay oak Thank you for basically building with me all the ideas i wanted to bring and testing when i asked for it, but more important was the motivation you gave me when i began to doubt everything after the game against villains. You didn't let me give in to despair and instead, you trusted that I would eventually secure the wins – and it seems you were right. Thanks you for everything, and when I say everthing, I mean it.

Thank you, Inder, for trusting in me from the beginning until the end of the tournament. It must have been tough to see that your 17kgamble was not working – the same goes for me. But I suppose lady luck decided not to bestow me with poisoned gifts when the important rounds came. Both you and GeniusFromHoenn can be proud of yourselves; you both did great work as managers.

Vileman Gondra Con los que más he hablado en el chat irónicamente, gran season para vileman quitando el último game y buena clutcheada joseph, gracias por hacerme el tour más entretenido.

The Dovahneer it was nice chatting with you and you are quite talented in bw ubers, thank you for the carry.

For the rest of melmetals i have not spoken so much with, i gotta say i'm sorry there were not bad intentions in my heart. Thank you all for this season it was a nice ending.

PS. Also thank you duckies for being the best group chat and specially Lunala for trusting alongside garay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)