Tournament UPL XI: Finals [Won by Manly Melmetal]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

Say hello to the robots
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Blazenix

• Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.​
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.​
>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of Nyx
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

vs

Choice Bandits (5) vs (7) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: Frito vs Inder
SV Ubers: Guard vs entrocefalo
SV Ubers: DAHLI vs Shuwri
SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs Mimikyu Stardust
SM Ubers: oversway vs Rhmsitb
ORAS Ubers: Alkione vs skimmythegod
BW Ubers: MZ vs The Dovahneer
DPP Ubers: Highlord vs London Beats
ADV Ubers: FatFighter2 vs Vileman
GSC Ubers: Isa vs Amaranth
RBY Ubers: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Unowndragon
Bo3: Aberforth vs Gondra

Choice Bandits (0) vs (0) Manly Melmetal

The deadline for this round is Sunday, August 20th at 11:59 PM GMT-4.

Icemaster

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Choice Bandits (7) vs (5) Manly Melmetal:

The Choice Bandits have shown great synergy and team coordination, allowing them to secure crucial wins in previous matchups.
Manly Melmetal, on the other hand, has struggled with consistency and lacks the strategic depth needed to overcome the Bandits' formidable lineup.

SV Ubers: frito vs inder: Inder has a strong track record in the SV Ubers scene, consistently outplaying opponents with clever predictions and well-executed strategies. While Frito is a formidable opponent, Inder's experience and adaptability give them the edge in this matchup.

SV Ubers: Guard vs Entrocefalo: Entrocefalo has proven to be a dominant force in the SV Ubers meta, showcasing impeccable team building skills and strategic prowess. Guard, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with Entrocefalo's calculated and unpredictable playstyle.

SV Ubers: DAHLI vs Shuwri: DAHLI's deep understanding of the SV Ubers metagame and ability to adapt to any situation make them a formidable opponent. Shuwri, while talented, may find it challenging to counter DAHLI's unpredictable strategies and innovative team compositions.

SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs mimikyu stardust: In this matchup, baconeatinassassin's extensive knowledge of the SS Ubers meta and ability to exploit opponents' weaknesses gives them an advantage. Mimikyu Stardust, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with baconeatinassassin's strategic mind and adaptability.

SM Ubers: Oversway vs Rhmsitb: Rhmsitb's meticulous planning and ability to read opponents' moves make them a formidable contender in the SM Ubers scene. Oversway, while talented, may find it difficult to predict and counter Rhmsitb's calculated strategies.

ORAS Ubers: alkione vs skimmythegod: Skimmythegod's deep understanding of the ORAS Ubers metagame and ability to exploit opponents' weaknesses make them a strong contender. Alkione, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with Skimmythegod's strategic mind and adaptability.

BW Ubers: mz vs the dovahneer: The Dovahneer's extensive knowledge of the BW Ubers meta and ability to exploit opponents' weaknesses give them an advantage in this matchup. MZ, while talented, may find it challenging to counter The Dovahneer's unpredictable strategies and innovative team compositions.

DPP Ubers: highlord vs london beats: Bronzong's strategic planning and ability to adapt to any situation make them a formidable opponent in the DPP Ubers scene. London Beats, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with Bronzong's calculated and unpredictable playstyle.

ADV Ubers: fatfighter2 vs vileman: FatFighter2's in-depth understanding of the ADV Ubers metagame and ability to exploit opponents' weaknesses make them a strong contender in this matchup. Vileman, while talented, may find it difficult to predict and counter FatFighter2's calculated strategies.

GSC Ubers: isa vs amaranth: Isa's meticulous planning and ability to read opponents' moves make them a formidable contender in the GSC Ubers scene. Amaranth, while skilled, may find it challenging to counter Isa's strategic mind and adaptability.

RBY Ubers: sadisticnarwhal vs unowndragon: In this matchup, SaDiSTiCNarwhal's extensive knowledge of the RBY Ubers meta and ability to exploit opponents' weaknesses give them an advantage. Unowndragon, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with SaDiSTiCNarwhal's strategic mind and adaptability.

Bo3: Aberforth vs gondra: Aberforth's strategic planning and ability to adapt to any situation make them a formidable opponent in this best-of-three matchup. Gondra, while skilled, may struggle to keep up with Aberforth's calculated and unpredictable playstyle.

Last edited:

Nyx

Anyways - so then I cursed her.
is a Site Content Manageris a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Current Score: 72/164
Last round of shitposting bar tiebreaks!
Choice Bandits (6) vs (4) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: Frito vs Inder - I want Frito to win so I'm voting Frito, otherwise this is prolly a coinflip in my book since both are having great seasons
SV Ubers: Guard vs entrocefalo - lol.
SV Ubers: DAHLI vs Shuwri - The numbers don't lie and while he did make open finals, Shuwri's just been wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more consistent, should be a good game nonetheless
SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs Mimikyu Stardust - bacon eatin ass ass in has run into a losing streak, I hope he breaks out of it but MS has been on a hot streak
SM Ubers: oversway vs Rhmsitb - I assume they'll scout and load something that can beat 1 of the 5 teams that Rhm loves
ORAS Ubers: Alkione vs skimmythegod - skimmy's on a hot streak holyyyyyyyyy, Alkione did farm the price fixer but being walloped by Royal 2 weeks in a row has to have hurt his confidence to some degree
BW Ubers: MZ vs The Dovahneer - So I put faith in him last week and was disappointed so I'll try with the seeming new BW main (free LiXiaoLong)
DPP Ubers: Highlord vs London Beats - lol.2 Electric Boogaloo
ADV Ubers: FatFighter2 vs Vileman - FUCK VILEMAN
GSC Ubers: Isa vs Amaranth - Yeah this can just go either way given Isa's form this year, not much to say rly, should be a fun one to watch even if it goes to the turn limit
RBY Ubers: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Unowndragon - Not even gonna try predict the RNGesus slot
Bo3: Aberforth vs Gondra - I'm done giving this man no credit for anything ever, while I fully expect Gondra to 6-0 off lead in SM since Aber doesn't know what a Primal Groudon is, I just cannot see him losing in SS/SV

The Bandits evolved from the UPL X Tying Bandits, to the auction Choking Bandits, to the (almost) table-Topping Bandits, I wonder if they'll evolve to the Champion Bandits

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Choice Bandits (5) vs (5) Manly Melmetal
SV Ubers: Guard vs entrocefalo former vs. new ndex ubers tier leader. GAMING.
RBY Ubers: SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs Unowndragon UD vs. SaDiSTiCNarwhal is an incredible finals. Two excellent players facing each others for the trophy. Good luck both!

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Choice Bandits (6) vs (6) Manly Melmetal

xqiht

人间正道是沧桑
is a Tiering Contributor
Choice Bandits (5) vs (7) Manly Melmetal

it just AI prediction

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
anyways on this episode of oreo shitposts we respond to predictions made by Nyx!

(free LiXiaoLong)
Fun fact in a BW roomtour last week me and LXL made finals and Ayu offered at the start of the game to put the winner in the BW slot in UPL finals
LXL won obv bc idk shit about BW but I’m still proud of myself for making finals
Unfortunately LXL and I are still locked in the Bandits basement :psycry: someone save us

DPP Ubers: Highlord vs London Beats - lol.2 Electric Boogaloo
this shoulda been ”lol” and you shoulda predicted Entro vs Guard after this so you could say “lol.2 Electric Lizard Boogaloo” smh Nyx missing the lowest hanging fruit possible (in a SHITPOST no less)

SS Ubers: baconeatinassassin vs Mimikyu Stardust - bacon eatin ass ass in has run into a losing streak, I hope he breaks out of it
for the record bacon won in semis but fc was lucky and bad

I wonder if they'll evolve to the Champion Bandits
yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)