Unofficial Shoddy Battle Gym League, Now Accepting Challengers!

Alright, so after 2 weeks of judging and tweaking, the final gym leaders have been set.

Alpha Region
Bug: OldSchoolNub (
blisseyisaslut)
Dark:
majesty (majesty)
Dragon: Dalamar789
Electric: ???
Fighting:
Ditto (Ditto)
Fire:
Inferno838
Flying: Articanus
Ghost:
Foxfear (Foxfear)

Beta Region

Grass: Mario with Lasers
Ground: Loetke (Loetke)
Ice:
Calciphoce (Calciphoce)
Normal: ZinkOxide
Poison:
MadRhetoric (MadRhetoric)
Psychic:
Cooper
Rock: Colonel M
Steel: marrilpet (marrilpet)

Gamma Region

Water: Discord
Sunny Day: [.darkie] (darkie)
Rain Dance: COalex
Sandstorm: Aeroblacktyl
Hail: Dragontamer
Trick Room: pinecone
Eeveelutions: Source
Baton Pass: wakeuplan (wakeuplan)

Elite Four
NU:
Tinnacious
UU: Shiny Oddish (Shiny Oddish)
BL: Akatsuki (backup: The shadow knight)
OU:
Shiny Crobat
Ubers(Champion): Jibaku

The rules for challenging the league are as follows:
1) You must select a team of 6 Pokemon (with movesets) to challenge the gym leaders with. PM me that team, as I will compare it to what you use in battles. Once you reach the Elite Four, you will have to create a single team from their respective tiers to challenge them with. You may go below their tier, for instance, taking on Jibaku with an OU team. You cannot go over their tier however, such as taking on Akatsuki with an Ubers team.

2) To challenge a gym leader, PM them for a match or post here. If you defeat them, I need a PM or post from both you AND the gym leader. I will draw up a spreadsheet to keep track of who has beaten who. At some point soon, I will get Badge sprites created for each gym leader that you will receive upon a win and will be able to use as you see fit. One other note: If you lose to a gym leader, you must wait 24 hours before challenging them again. They will not accept your challenge if you do so before your 24 hour time frame is up.

3) You may challenge the regions and their leaders in any order, but you must stay within one region at a time. This means no challenging Bug Leader OldSchoolNub and then challenging Water Leader Discord. After defeating an entire region, you will be eligible to challenge the E4. This means that to beat the entire league, you will have to beat the E4 three times.

4) Gym leaders are subject to change if one is not on for long periods of time, withdraws from the league, or decides to change slots with another gym leader. I update the first post accordingly when these events happen. I will also make a post in the thread itself to update you of events such as these.

5) Once you have beaten the entire league, you will have the opportunity to challenge a gym leader for their slot. Only do this if you have the time and dedication to accept challenges on a regular basis. To take a gym leader's slot, you must beat them with a standard team from your pool of 15, then beat one of their standard teams with the team you would use to field challenges. If you can successfully do this, you will be able to take their slot.

6) All battles will be fought under Evasion, Sleep, Freeze, and OHKO Clauses. It is up to the gym leader if they want other clauses or not.

7) If you contact a leader for a battle and do not hear back within a 72 hours, PM me and I will arrange for an alternate to challenge you.

That's all I can think of for now. Unless there are any issues... Let the battling begin!

Eligible Challengers
*Flash_gearz - Beta Region
*NickPresta - Alpha Region
*Shellder - Alpha Region
*Mysterious Stallion
*Aeroblacktyl - Alpha Region
*Deck Knight - Beta Region
*LonelyNess - Gamma Region
*The Blue Hedgehog - Alpha Region
*SiriusBlack - Gamma Region
*Ranger Blue
*Random Idiot - Beta Region
husk
*Notty - Alpha Region
*skiddle
*Loetke
*Sam von Noobenschtein - Alpha Region
*Crazy Mango - Alpha Region
*shishioh - Alpha Region
*Cokria - Alpha Region
*Ali - Alpha Region
*sandman - Alpha Region
*TheArrow2 - Alpha Region
*ace15

I want to be first challanger PM you later

EDIT: W00t, 1st.^_^

If your a leader, wouldnt be somwhat unfair, because you know all that we can use?

Awesome, it's finally started. There are some minor formatting issues in your post where the beta and gamma regions aren't on a seperate line. Can't wait until I start getting challengers.

I want to be first challanger PM you later

EDIT: W00t, 1st.^_^

If your a leader, wouldnt be somwhat unfair, because you know all that we can use?
I don't think he's telling us what the people are using. He just needs to know, so that you don't screw the league over- for example, changing to a mono fighting team when facing my dark gym, then changing to a mono fire team against the grass gym. THAT would be unfair.

As it stands, many of the challengers should have an upper hand on the monotype gyms- they can vary their teams with 15 pokemon and various types, whereas the gym leaders are stuck dealing with their little weaknessess.

Sorry for double posting- Is this thread meant almost like a 'battle me' but for the league? Cause if so, I disagree with that. Someone *cough Marrilpet* could make a seperate thread for the battle me thing, so that it's not just a haphazard "OMG HE'S FINALLY ON SHODDY YESSSS" kind of deal.

majesty said:
I don't think he's telling us what the people are using. He just needs to know, so that you don't screw the league over- for example, changing to a mono fighting team when facing my dark gym, then changing to a mono fire team against the grass gym. THAT would be unfair.

As it stands, many of the challengers should have an upper hand on the monotype gyms- they can vary their teams with 15 pokemon and various types, whereas the gym leaders are stuck dealing with their little weaknessess.
I think he means the fact the I know everything anyone is using, and I'm a leader myself. True, but I already have a team built and I'm not going to change it for every challenger. I'm filing that list away just so I can check to make sure, as majesty said "that you don't screw the league over." I won't look at that list just so I can screw you over, I promise.

majesty said:
Is this thread meant almost like a 'battle me' but for the league? Cause if so, I disagree with that. Someone *cough Marrilpet* could make a seperate thread for the battle me thing, so that it's not just a haphazard "OMG HE'S FINALLY ON SHODDY YESSSS" kind of deal.
I'll try to keep that to a minimum, but that's going to happen some. I'd make a new thread, but I've been asked by the mods to keep it contained to one thread. If it gets too out of hand, I'll appeal to them for a second thread.

In that case- Goin on shoddy now. Whoever wants to challenge officially the Alpha region and its dark gym, bring it on. Remember the rules, so think before you challenge any region.

Also- in case of discrepencies in win/loss records, I assume the gym leaders take precident for that.

Lets rock.

If you wanna have Choice band on everyone, I won't argue. LOL.

I don't think there's a problem with that at any rate. Might wanna PM marril to get his attention here...needs to post the clauses.

a thick fat special defense heavy for typhlosion.

mamoswine helps with vire, as vire cannot ohko, but you have to switch into right moves! however cb iceshard will hurt electivire, then weavile comes in and finish etc etc

be creative blahblahblah

Yeah, I had a team MADE to rape ice.Even I THOUGHT it was boring and unfair

Typhlosion (♂) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 120 Atk/252 SAtk/136 SDef
Rash nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Eruption
- Focus Punch
- Earthquake
- Will-o-wisp
---
Heracross (♂) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 104 HP/252 Atk/152 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
---
Lucario (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 156 Atk/198 Spd/156 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Extremespeed
- Close Combat
---
Azelf @ Expert Belt
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
---
Gyarados (♂) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 5 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
---
Electivire (♂) @ Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Lonely nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Earthquake
- Cross Chop
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
---

Aero, great points. Calciphoce, as Aero said, a Mamoswine would work wonders against Fire/Electric Types.

Yeah, I had a team MADE to rape ice.Even I THOUGHT it was boring and unfair
Well then, don't use those kinds of teams, simple as that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)