Needs More Info Uno Suggestion: Signify unplayable cards

When playing uno, would it be possible to make it a bit more organized by making unplayable cards gray (or something else) to signify that they can't be played? It would take less time for people when they are examining their cards (esp when stacked with +4, +2, etc), and it would even help beginners who are new as well, especially when there is a strict timer. Not too major, but it would definitely be a QOL change, in my opinion.

In the example below, graying out everything except the Green 1 card would be ideal.

If that makes it difficult to see, we could add a symbol on the card(s) to show that it can't be played like an X or something.

1621786879058.png

Attachments

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I wouldn't want to accept this without more feedback from other players and staff members.

The problem with convenience features is that they are often the game itself. Games have less point if you just have a computer play them for you, you know?

I wouldn't want to accept this without more feedback from other players and staff members.

The problem with convenience features is that they are often the game itself. Games have less point if you just have a computer play them for you, you know?
Fair enough. It's not worth the effort changing if not many people share in the inconvenience I experienced playing UNO.

I made this originally because when I played my first few games, it appeared like all my cards were playable, resulting in confusion while the timer was running short, and in no time, I was disqualified.

I didn't consider this major really, but I thought more players were confused by playable and unplayable cards looking exactly alike.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Like I said, I'd like if other players chimed in. I can't say for sure whether or not this would be a good change? But I definitely wouldn't do this unless a supermajority of players wanted it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)