UU UnderUsed Classic III Playoffs [Won by Chill Shadow]

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

banner made by HotFuzzBall

UnderUsed Classic III Playoffs

~~~​

Welcome to the Playoffs of the Smogon UnderUsed Classic III, where the top 8 players from our five UU Cups will duke it out for glory, bragging rights, and UU Circuit points.

Each series will be best of five with the higher seed choosing which one of the UU Classics tiers is played first. The remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order.

The final standings after our five UU Cups concluded are as follows:

1. Finchinator
2. pokeisfun
3. Chill Shadow
4. Raichy
5. esche
6. HSA
7. Kink
8. Finding True Love

Win percentage in the UU Classic cups was used to break seeding ties where qualification was not at stake. The matchups are the following:

QUARTERFINALS

Finchinator vs Finding True Love
pokeisfun vs Kink
Chill Shadow vs HSA
Raichy vs esche

SEMIFINALS
Finchinator vs. Raichy
Kink vs. (Chill Shadow vs. HSA)

FINALS
Chill Shadow
vs. Finchinator

Deadline is whenever, just get it done

Tournament Rules:

• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.​
  • Standard GSC, ADV, DPP, BW, and ORAS UU​
  • Best of five, single elimination. Higher seed picks first game.​
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.​
  • Standard clauses apply.​
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.​
Please post replays, and let us know when you're playing. Good luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Lost to chill in 4, ggs and well played bro. A few things made the games rough for me, but I am glad that I made it this far and even happier that I got to play finals against a close friend. Exploring these metagames has been a real treat for me and I enjoy changes of pace like this. BW UU will always be my favorite tier, but DPP and ADV both are metagames I love and ORAS is a cursed tier, but has some fun matchups as well. Fun time for sure and congratulations to CS on a very deserved win!

won in 4 good games vs finch, it's really disappointing that hax ended it instead of just outright playing it out to deserve winning that series, but im really happy just because i really wanted to win this tour for a couple of years now since i had so much fun in uu classic 1, more fun than playing literally any other tiers since i started, also the most disappointing thing was missing out on bw cup :I but it made the grind more interesting for sure
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2uu-457568
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen5uu-457572
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen4uu-457575
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6uu-457579
i built my teams for the finals in gen 4 5 and 6 with snaga and im really happy to have done that since i dont usually get motivated to build, so special s/o to snaga who has been the uu buddy from po
also wanna s/o Accelgor for some spread help + teams he gave me years ago in oras that i used, kaori cuz i stole all his gsc uu teams, and a bunch of rly nice people who tested w me + the ppl i already shouted out for using their teams (bugzinator !!)

Well deserved win, you looked more consistently strong across the board than anyone else to me which is what this tour is testing for. I think you've done a better job than most other playoff contenders at adapting to GSC/RSE especially. Congratulations!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)