Underestimated NES Games

Just a few days ago at the flea market, I bought some NES games. It was real fun. I got:
~Hogan's Alley
~The Three Stooges
~Super Mario Bros. 3
~Dirty Harry
~The Legend of Zelda 2 (Link's Quest)

And I've played all of them a lot lately. Guess what I played the most?

Legend of Zelda 2. I never liked Zelda as much as Mario, but it's almost no contest as to which is better. The game is known as the worst Zelda game, and Mario 3 is known as the best Mario (Super Mario World is better). But really, it's just not as good. It might be that it dosen't save, but I don't know.

Are there any NES games that aren't known to be good, but are?

(P.S. The Three Stooges was awesome, I love that game!)

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well I disagree.

Theres charm to the Adventure of Link but I wouldn't ever put it over Mario 3 (which is much better than Mario World!). I wouldn't put it over the original Zelda either.

I dont think there are many NES games that aren't "known to be good but are", but theres definitely many good games that are not known. Although I suppose some people did give bad press recently to Castlevania 2 which I feel is undeserved.

Theres a game called 'Corocon' which was never brought to America that is essentially a megaman-like platform shooter in which you build you own robots from a diverse amount of parts. I consider it one of the best games on the NES. It really needs to be played by more people.

Other than that, Jackal is probably not that obscure a title but never gets mentionned in any list of NES classics when it really should. It is likely next to Contra the most pleasuring multi-player game on the console.

KoA

Sorry, I thought anteaters were real
is an Artist
Not sure what the majority of people think, but Little Nemo the Dream Master I found to be an amazing lil game that my circle of friends rather didn't enjoy at all. It was a cute game with appropriate music and great atmosphere!

That's about all I can think of at the moment, though I totally agree Castlevania 2 gets unwarranted hate.

Little Samson/Seirei Densetsu LICKLE is a great Megaman-esque platformer with a few cool tricks of it's own like being able to switch between 4 characters to overcome levels and KICK ASS. Loads of fun.

Just a few days ago at the flea market, I bought some NES games. It was real fun. I got:
~Hogan's Alley
~The Three Stooges
~Super Mario Bros. 3
~Dirty Harry
~The Legend of Zelda 2 (Link's Quest)

And I've played all of them a lot lately. Guess what I played the most?

Legend of Zelda 2. I never liked Zelda as much as Mario, but it's almost no contest as to which is better. The game is known as the worst Zelda game, and Mario 3 is known as the best Mario (Super Mario World is better). But really, it's just not as good. It might be that it dosen't save, but I don't know.

Are there any NES games that aren't known to be good, but are?

(P.S. The Three Stooges was awesome, I love that game!)
Super Mario Bros. 3 was called the best NES Mario game.

That's about all I can think of at the moment, though I totally agree Castlevania 2 gets unwarranted hate.
Knock knock!

Who's there?

Interrupting night!

Interrupting nWHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)