SM OU Undefeated mega venusaur stall

-1 introduction
after duggy got banned, stall in sm OU is not as prevalent as it was before, because the broken arena trap mon, destroyed huge threats for the archetipe. A good stall, now, has to completely wall the meta, because u don t have that great revenge killer that can trap and dismantle the offensive presence of your opponent s team

-2 teambuilding process
when i started building this team i wanted an effective stall without mega sabeleye. I started from the traditional spl stall, subbing in gliscor over sableye. Gliscor shares with sableye the ability to counter tran and keep hazards off the field, but also gives the team a key electric immunity. Then i added zapdos which works in tandem with gliscor to keep hazards off the field. Mega venusaur was added because i wanted an answer to mawile and gyarados which are 2 huge threats for stall. I kept clefable and chansey because they fit perfectly on the new version of the team, clef stopping set up sweepers and chansey being a huge specially defensive wall. Finally i added jirachi which is the counter measure to tapu lele, as well as every psychic type mon which can threaten chansey with psyshock while not getting trapped by magnezone. In fact i tryed celesteela before but i struggled against the annoying trapper.

-3 the team

ATTENTATO (Zapdos) @ Leftovers

1523566691185.png

Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic

zapdos is mandatory in this team because it is a great defogger with relaible recovery able to counter threats like excadrill and landorus, while keeping hazard off the field. A phisically defensive spread is used to let zapdos counter physical attackers. heat wave and toxic allows zapdos to be able to be a scizor and kartana answer while not being walled by ground types.
STUPRO (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
1523566656919.jpg

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 44 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
-hidden power fire
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

mega venusaur is designed to counter mega mawile, a pokemon that gives huge troubles to every type of stall. It also is an answer to another huge threat for stall, mega gyarados. 16 speed evs is given to outspeed mega mawile and full phys def to eat a large portion of physical hitters' attacks.

SPACCIO (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb

1523566606033.jpg

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog

gliscor is the other defogger of the team. It is able to stop volt switchers from gaining momentum against the team and it is designed to counter heatran, that would otherwise be a huge threat for the entire team. A full spdef spread allows gliscor to eat a tapu koko s hp ice. Poison heal plus roost keep it healthy. U turn in combination with jirachi s uturn allows the team to avoid perish trap strategies.

OMICIDIO (Clefable) @ Leftovers

1523566581818.png

Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

standard unaware clefable with wish protect allows the team to avoid set up sweepers from desrupting the whole team. It also provides heal bell support. Also a nice dragon immunity and a counter to garchomp, dragonite, if played well charizard x by adding recoil damage and stalling him with wish tect, which becomes difficult against roost variants.

SEQUESTRO (Jirachi) @ Leftovers

1523566630943.jpg

Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 156 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- U-turn
- Iron Head

jirachi is a great steel type because it is not trappable by magnezone with u turn and a mandatory answer to tapu lele which otherwhise destroys the team.
the spread allows him to outplay banded tytar and weavile pursuit while allowing him to outspeed magnezone and tytar. The spdef investiment is important to not get worn down by psychic types with shadow ball.

PEDOFILIA (Chansey) @ Eviolite

1523566552686.jpg

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell
- Toxic

chansey is lit af oml. This fat pink blob counters every type of special hitter and provides heal bell support. We can afford to have such a passive pokemon because the rest of the team is designed not to let anything overwhelm the team itselves.

-4 threatlist

the most threatning sets against this team are cb hoopa unbound, calm mind stored power mega latios, and dd roost flare blitz zard x.

im sorry for the english and for the presentation but it is my first RMT. I hope for nice answers and suggestions ; )))

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)