Chat uhtmlchange and join/leaves

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
What type of bug are you reporting? Client

What is the bug?
uhtmlchange breaks up join/leave messages into a new group

Are you able to replicate it? If so, how?
I feel like it's self explanatory. I'll insert a screenshot in replies to make it clear what's happening

Felucia

Robot Empress
1710499873695.png

as you can see in this screenshot, 2 uhtmlchange messages were sent in the period of these join/leave messages. This caused them to section off into 3 groups, as if actual messages were sent

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug. The idea is the messages group up if they are consecutive in the stream of protocol messages that coming in. Even though the UHTML messages are hidden when the next one arrives, theres still a uhtml message there separating them.

The better questions are:
- is this desirable (probably not) or undesirable (doesn't personally bother me) and
- is this worth dev time to fix/implement (right now? probably not unless someone else wants to take a crack at it)

Felucia

Robot Empress
I don't know if this qualifies as a bug.
I would qualify it as an unintended side-effect of intended systems (aka a bug)

- is this desirable (probably not) or undesirable (doesn't personally bother me) and
Gonna go with no, since clustering join/leave messages is presumably intended to reduce visual clutter when no messages are being sent

- is this worth dev time to fix/implement (right now? probably not unless someone else wants to take a crack at it)
Gonna go with no, but no harm having it identified in case someone scrolls through this forum on a bad day

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)