SS Ubers Ubers Zacian + Xerneas Squad

:ss/zacian: :ss/xerneas:
This is an ubers team that I made. It is built around a core of zacian and xerneas, with zacian breaking through and weakening the opposing team with its absurd attack stat and xerneas taking advantage of this and sweeping with geomancy.

The team:

:ss/zacian:
Zacian @ Choice Band
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Wild Charge
- Crunch
Zacian is the pokemon that I built the entire team around. It uses its ridiculous attack stat to break walls and punch holes in the opposing team, which can later be used by teamates such as xerneas to kill something or sweep. I chose choice band because of the sheer damage it allows zacian to do, and max speed lets it outrun other zacians and fast pokemon such as eternatus.
:ss/Necrozma-Dusk-Mane:
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
Necrozma is here to set up stealth rocks and counter geomancy xerneas, which is a big problem for this team. It is running alot of SpD EVs to be able to survive attacks from geomancy xerneas and either kill it or weaken it heavily. It is also able to deal with calyrex-ice and steel/psychic typing is nice.

:ss/zygarde:
Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 204 HP / 248 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Haze
- Glare
- Coil
Zygarde has good defenses and usually switches into pokemon that it is able to deal with, such as necrozma-dusk mane or Ho-Oh. It is also able to cripple the opposing team heavily by spamming glare and Thousand Arrows. Haze is on this set because it helps the team deal with setup sweepers.

:ss/xerneas:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt
Xerneas likes to take advantage of the holes punched through the opposing team by pressing geomancy and winning the game. Once its checks and counters are gone or weakened too much to do their job xerneas is able to set up geomancy and destroy the opposing team. Even if it doesn't end up killing everything the opponent will be weakened greatly and left vulnerable to the rest of the team.
:ss/dugtrio:
Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute
- Toxic
Dugtrio is here to trap and kill or weaken things that would otherwise kill my team or ruin a xerneas sweep, such as Necrozma-Dusk Mane, Calyrex-Shadow or Focus sash marshadow. It is running substitute to prevent pokemon from trying to status it and sucker punch is there mostly just for Calyrex-Shadow. Toxic punishes pokemon trying to set up on dugtrio and is better than earthquake when the opponent is immune or takes little damage from it.
:ss/yveltal:
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Oblivion Wing
Yveltal is here to counter marshadow and Calyrex-Shadow and use U-Turn to pivot into xerneas or zacian and it is the only defogger on my team, making it quite helpful. Knock off can cripple the opposing team and is a good dark STAB. Oblivion wing is there for a flying type STAB and it can help yveltal heal some of the damage it has taken.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, I think structurally this team is quite solid and is almost there on being good overall, but is just missing a few key things that hold it back quite a bit, so I have a few changes I think will make it better overall.

Major Changes:
:dugtrio: --> :Blissey:
Currently your team lacks a major component of a good team; a Kyogre switch in. Kyogre can just get kills every time it comes in on a pokemon that can't OHKO it, and it really hurts the team overall. Dugtrio on the other hand hardly helps with anything since it just doesn't trap much your team needs with even ndm hardly taking damage. Blissey here > other options like Eternatus since I have a change to suggest for your own ndm as well so this can cover the Xerneas mu. Also beats Palkia, offensive Etern, etc. so it's super good to have here. I have Shadow Ball slashed with Toxic because the team is incredibly slow so the rare sub seed Calyrex-S might be annoying, but with Yveltal + Shadow Ball the mu is fine so I'd say it's one of the better options here. Standard rest of the moveset.
Blissey @ Utility Umbrella
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic / Shadow Ball
- Confide

Minor Changes:
:necrozma-dusk-mane:
Specially Defensive --> Physically Defensive

2 big threats to the team rn are Zekrom and opposing Zacian. Zekrom has soft checks with this, Xerneas, and Zacian so it's not as bad, but opposing CB Zacian can just win against the original team. Phys.def Dusk Mane doesn't actually always live 2 hits but with Leftovers you have a roll, and it's much better than just taking the damage Sp.def does. Same set, but especially with Blissey added it's much more effective in the meta.
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Morning Sun
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

:zygarde:
Haze --> Rest

Defensive Zygarde always needs Rest, it's essentially unavoidable. The longevity it adds is so valuable while also curing status, meaning that this small move change helps a ton. Haze also would remove your own Coil boosts making it kind of redundant.

:xerneas:
Thunderbolt --> Thunder

Thunderbolt is so weak on Xerneas that usually it's better to just be clicking Moonblast, while Thunder packs a huge punch overall. Small change again but Thunder is always recommended.

:yveltal:
Offensive --> Sp.def
Oblivion Wing --> Roost

Offensive based Yveltal with your spread just doesn't fit here, as it's essentially just an HO pick due to it not even countering Calyrex-S since Choice Specs Astral Barrage is a roll to 2HKO and you have no recovery. Roost fixes that issue and the added Sp.def lets you reliably beat it a ton easier. Standard set that works well. Snarl can be used over U-turn if you go Toxic on Blissey to cover up the sub seed caly mu, but not necessary.
Yveltal @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Roost

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
The updated team would look like this, I hope you like the changes! It was fairly good in structure like I mentioned, just needed some tweaking to make it more standard which helps cover a lot more mu's overall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)