Tournament Ubers World Cup III - Semis [Tiebreak @ 36]

Welcome to the third edition of Ubers World Cup, a world cup for Ubers! This edition will be hosted by Frozoid and GraveBee.

This year's format is: 4 SV Ubers, 1 SS Ubers, 1 SM Ubers, 1 ORAS Ubers, 1 BW Ubers, 1 DPP Ubers, 1 ADV Ubers given the popularity of our old gen tiers. Each team is composed of 10 starters and up to 4 substitutes giving a total of 14 players maximum per team.

Now that teams have finally duked it out through pools... It's time for the playoffs!
Teams which lose their weeks in these rounds do not have any more safety nets. It's all or nothing from here on out, and only two weeks to go! NOW LET'S SEE SOME BLOODSHED!

:sv/spheal: Team Oceania (5) vs (5) Team Canada :sv/calyrex-ice:
SV: Stallion vs Amukamara
SV: Tal vs 3d
SV: Aberforth vs King Billu
SV: Trade vs LBN
SS: baconeatinassassin vs Fc
SM: Drifting vs Fardin
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs Goat Heart ♥
BW: March Fires vs Career Ended
DPP: shrang vs susciety
ADV: aurora vs Heysup

:sv/zygarde-complete: Team India (6) vs (4) Team Brazil :sv/annihilape:
SV: Taka vs A plague doc
SV: myjava vs JojenReed
SV: pichus vs dog mendigoso
SV: GeniusFromHoenn vs Skyiew
SS: skimmythegod vs zeeLitium
SM: TDR vs LpZ
ORAS: freezai vs Thiago Nunes
BW: RaJ.Shoot vs hs
DPP: Piyush25 vs Beraldo
ADV: Yippie vs Hyogafodex

YOUR SEMIFINALS DEADLINE IS 10 March 11:59PM GMT -5
REPLAYS ARE MANDATORY FOR ALL MATCHES

Last edited by a moderator:
Team Oceania (5) vs (5) Team Canada
SV: Stallion vs Amukamara
SV: etern vs 3d
SV: Aberforth vs King Billu
SV: Trade vs LBN
SS: baconeatinassassin vs Fc
SM: Drifting vs Fardin
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs Goat Heart ♥
BW: March Fires vs Career Ended
DPP: shrang vs susciety
ADV: aurora vs Heysup

Team India (5) vs (5) Team Brazil

SV: Taka vs A plague doc
SV: myjava vs JojenReed
SV: pichus vs wssi
SV: GeniusFromHoenn vs Skyiew
SS: skimmythegod vs zeeLitium
SM: Rhmsitb vs LpZ
ORAS: freezai vs Thiago Nunes
BW: RaJ.Shoot vs hs
DPP: Piyush25 vs Beraldo
ADV: Yippie vs Hyogafodex

Nice series, hope we can see two tie breaks hehe

On the other hand it was such a nice tournament, it was my first Ubers team tournament ever and i ended up 3-1 after choking hard my last game f. It was a fun tournament, tysm my man Lhions for inviting me to play and wp to all Spain, we were 0 ubers main and we did better than expected, good job <3

And s/o to the deceased Zest of Life, i just picked one of his teams in bazaar each week before my games, the goat, R.I.P.

Here before Gareeb posts his shit predictions
damn it.
Team Oceania (6) vs (4) Team Canada
SV: Stallion vs Amukamara - A lot of amukamara's wins are by luck in this UWC although that doesn't means he is not a good player.
On the other side , stallion has not won any game by a huge luck factor rather all of them were him bringing an incredible team every "important" week ( deadgamed and kinda midgrounded in week 7 as they weren't really important for oceania to make it to playoffs) and playing really well.
I think its obvious who am i bolding here although amu is overall a good player ( heard from teammates ) so it really isn't going to be a one sided battle , HECK amu can even hax and win like most of the times ! ( no hate , just considering this uwc's games of theirs )
SV: etern vs 3d - I am not entirely sure what got into 3d in week 7 but he sure played amazing when entire team's fate was relying on him. Even then i think etern takes the crown here. After watching etern's replays its pretty clear he is playing better more consistently than 3D.
SV: Aberforth vs King Billu - My 0 SV UBERS experience analysis down below -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen9ubers-751386
Billu got clean sweeped by zacian c tera ground.
Zacian C one shotted necrozma dusk mane , it means ndm wasnt very bulky
+3 252 Atk Tera Ground Zacian-Crowned Tera Blast (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 204+ Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 343-405 (86.1 - 101.7%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
zacian c wasnt adamant either because iron bundle didn't outspeed zacian c and neither miraidon.
1709746732920.png

Nothing else in team really to outspeed zac c after webs.
WHY ! why was billu's team like that man :sob: , that too when entro used zacian c just last week before their game and if it was that weak to zac c , atleast billy could not have switched gliscor like that bro ( turn 14 ) , that really didnt achieve anything although staying and clicking EQ wouldnt have achieved anything either but staying was def the better play there in my opinion. ( could 101% be wrong here as i dont ask anyone about anything while making predicts , these are all my solo thoughts and opinions ) this is the 2nd time billu got a very rough matchup and that game was his 2nd loss too , i really hope whoever builds team doesnt handicap billu this week. ( it happend unintentionally but its a little sad )
On the other hand , despite being in a not very difficult pool , aber got opponents that were really strong like frito (builder + player in sv ubers so wont downplay ) , robjr :skull: , richard , javitu , kanzaki.
So i wont judge aber based on his record only which is negative i believe although i surely would assume that aberforth has not really stepped in sv ubers as passionately as he did in ss ubers where he went on a rampage winning seasonal after seasonal and many more achievements.
King billu got this one in my opinion but im still very doubtful that it could go in the other direction too as aber is overall a better player.

SV: Trade vs LBN - LBN's week 7 game was expertly played i believe , realizing how good tera fairy eternatus was vs opponent and using it very efficiently and solo'ing entire team of opponent with it. I have no idea what trade will do lol and this is really the first time trade is facing an actual sv ubers opponent so im very interested to see how it goes. As for who's gonna win? i will go with the one who has defeated stronger foes till now !

SS: baconeatinassassin vs Fc - I really am not going to watch ss ubers replays ( boring :sob: ) to come to a conclusion. Will go with the one of the best ss ubers player out there.

SM: Drifting vs Fardin - Heard from friends that fardin has good fundamentals overall , is a better pilot , has more experience and all the good stuff but my personal opinion is a little different.
Drifting is 5-2 and his 2 losses are against usum ubers OG players ( the 2018 ladder boys , garay and zesty ) and wins are vs people i have never seen playing usum ubers except purplegatorade who i may not remember from peak ladder days but is still very very good in usum ubers.
Considering Fardin isn't an usum mainer (rather oras and ss mainer i guess) , i will have to go with one i have seen more from in this gen!

ORAS: byronthewellwell vs Goat Heart ♥ - I am a Goat Heart Fan but byron is something else in oras ubers. Assuming he takes playoffs seriously and actually prepares a little now ( or little more if he was preparing even before which i DOUBT ) , he is not losing this one even if Goat has done Bo3 in UPL a lot and probably has oras ubers experience and has strong fundamentals overall.

BW: March Fires vs Career Ended - Spellcaster was the keyfactor why canada is in playoffs , i hope canada appreciated his big W. some people were saying "special rend crit" but my brothers kebabe was forced to stay with manaphy vs palkia clicking S.REND over and over having not very good matchup that game and that move has "high critical rate" , that crit was very expected. After kebabe here comes the 2nd best BW ubers of all time lmao.
Edit:spellcaster used career ended's team and got a good matchup , goes to show that career ended is preparing well and is good at it ! , i would still lean towards march fires but tables can turn if c.ended can pull up with another banger team + pilots it well.
DPP: shrang vs susciety - susciety was another reason why canada qualified , played very impressively and won without luck ( hehe ). Now here is another boss level for you bro. Dr shrang is seriously very good at dpp ubers , there are only a few players that i would bold against him.

ADV: aurora vs Heysup - :worrywhirl:

Overall: I believe Oceania wins this BUT i would like to mention few matchups that can turn the tide.

Drifting vs Fardin - i asked 4-5 people besides me to predict this week and fardin was bolded to win in each of them.

Stallion vs Amukamara - same thing as above , everyone bolded amukamara.

Aberforth vs King billu - those same people bolded aber over billu.

Shrang vs Susciety - Everyone besides me bolded susciety over Dr shrang and it seems they know something that i dont.

I made sure to not let other's opinions affect mine. Good luck both teams.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)