Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
you wrote an awful lot about a team that just loses to ho oh

just sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
ho-oh is a hard matchup, its really more of a let's hope goth can take out enough mons tbf. lum don with speed creep is a one-time check, skymin lures and kills. i think i might have some gliscor squad somewhere on po which was also pretty crisp but i might have deleted it because i was m2 weak or something idk. team is hella strong n cool tho :]

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
A week was up yesterday, and we seem to have gotten a number of entries so the voting period will start now. You may post reasoning in your vote, but it is not required. Past winners (so none atm) will have 2x weighted votes.

The entries are:

WreckDra's Team

Malefic's Team

Mega-Swampert's Team

Level 56's Team

Fireburn's Team

Worthlessnoob's Team

Orch's Team

ApplepieFTW's Team

Get voting! Getting those sprites was so not worth it!

dice hope I didn't overstep but we talked about some stuff and down the line we're collaborating or shifting responsibilities in this thread so I didn't see a major issue here.

EDIT: Also if I forgot a team or messed up lineup/order let me know immediately and I'm very sorry

EDIT 2: Oh yeah also don't vote for yourself that should be self-explanatory

i reckon i'll vote for fireburn's as it has a cool concept behind it. orch's is pretty cool too but there are some minor things about it that bug me

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thoughts:

WreckDra's Team: Pretty good team; however it has a pretty gnarly Ho-Oh weakness that can't be ignored, it can come in on half the team and kill something. Given that this Pokemon checks Shaymin-S that's rather concerning. Most other things look covered.

malefic's Team: Also pretty good. I don't know if I would run Healing Wish Skymin on this team, you have no real sweepers to take advantage of it and you have Aromatherapy support already for Kangaskhan. I think the biggest issue with this team (aside from Electric Arceus weakness) is that this team doesn't really take full advantage of Skymin's unique qualities and is instead accentuating your team's weakness to Electrics, but you already said its hard to fit Skymin (which is true).

Mega-Swampert's Team: Using Skymin on stall is a neat idea but I think SubSeed works better since Leech Seed is nice for team support and the stally nature of the set fits the motif. You have an extremely reliable Ground check in Gliscor already and Skymin isn't all that strong of a Scarfer so I think that you could run something else in that spot. It also seems like you rely too much on your own Kyogre to check enemy Kyogre which is concerning. This team also gets wrecked by Electric Arceus, which Skymin isn't helping much against. I don't think it's a bad team, but I don't think it really makes good use of Skymin.

Level 56's Team: Mega Gengar and Gothitelle destroy this team. It's decent otherwise, but because its stall that's kind of a fatal flaw.

Worthlessnoob's Team: Really weak to Steels. Lack of Defog means Ferro and Keys can easily get 3 layers of Spikes which seriously hampers your core, and Heatran walls half of your team (though Skymin can act as a lure). You also acknowledged the Genesect weakness which is pretty severe. Running Skymin and Arceus-Grass together seems kind of redundant to be honest, you could try making Arceus into a Water-type or using Palkia + a different Arceus. Healing Wish to Stalltwo is cute though and VoltTurn to get Skymin in is a nice idea too.

orch's team: The concept of this team is cool. I think a bulkier Landorus-T set might have been preferred because Choice Band Ho-Oh can kinda just spam Brave Bird and smash up everything, and it gets free switches on Klefki and Arceus-Ghost, but you need the power to beat Xerneas after para. Arceus-Electric can come in after one layer of TSpikes go up and basically 6-0 with your only line of defense being a CM war with your own Arceus. U-turn Yveltal + Gengar teams are also problematic.

ApplepieFTW's Team: Fire-types wreck this team. Ho-Oh, Blaziken, Victini, and Heatran are all giant threats. For a team based around Skymin, that's not a weakness you can afford to have. :[

Something I saw as a common theme was that many of these teams don't do enough to address Skymin's problems with Fires and Electrics which might be why it's underwhelming some of you people. It is a hard mon to teambuild with though. Just my 2 cents.

Voting for orch as I think the team and its concept are pretty cool.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think Fireburn's team has the best overall balance between structure and utilization of Skymin.

Agreed with everything what Fireburn posted.

Fireburn's team has a significant weakness to Geomancy Xerneas, so I have to go with malefic.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Fireburn's team has a significant weakness to Geomancy Xerneas
TTar + Drill can usually beat it but yeah it's definitely not as secure against the deer as some of these other teams are. Not trying to change your vote obviously, just wanted to point that out.

TTar + Drill can usually beat it but yeah it's definitely not as secure against the deer as some of these other teams are. Not trying to change your vote obviously, just wanted to point that out.
172 timid geoxern wins on turn 1, and that's where my concern about xern weakness came from.

A fair point, Jolly Drill might be worth running on this team then. ~Fireburn

E: that ev spread outspeeds jolly drill

Last edited:
Orch, Fireburn, and Malefic teams are the only ones worth considering since the rest are either garbdix or degraded versions of existing builds. (no offense mates, just mons)

Orch's is overall okay but the fact that Skymin is kinda shoehorn'd in the way it is due to the presence of lando defeats the purpose of this project so I'm not too keen on it.

Fireburn went in the direction I personally like but he just took the 4 mons I mentioned and filled in the remaining slots with bleh.

Malefic's build I initially overlooked because of the sun structure but it actually looks okay. I have this kneejerk reaction that says no but I can't find what's really causing it. Besides that, he makes Skymin worthwhile and seems to have a build without really blatant weaknesses besides Tag. (which every team is weak to so I'm not holding it that much against him) I think I'm going to vote for Malefic's team.

Orch's team has utilizes skymin the best, although i dislike the kyogre weakness- all scarf ogre needs is defog support and a burn on tenta and shit goes downhill really fast. ho-oh could be handled better too. fireburns was pretty cool too but i like ho-oh to pair up with exca for the physical overload so i don't quite think shaymins potential is used to the max (and sand can be disturbing for a sub mon).

going with orch

voting for orch

fireburn's is nice but i can't ignore the big fairy weakness. i'd probably go ho-oh over xerneas and then gira over sab to support ho-oh but it's not like that's ideal either since it opens up an mmx/kang weakness. also, lo xern plagues both builds

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright! The winner of this round of the Ubers Teambuilding Competition is orch! Congratulations.

The top three were as follows:
Orch: 8 votes
Fireburn: 6 votes
Malefic: 3 votes

Orch's team will be featured in the Hall of Fame when Dice decides to update that, as he made the OP.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ubers metagame has always been associated with a lot of powerful pokemon. With ORAS coming around in a couple of weeks, Dice and I decided on making this round's concept based on one of the most powerful pokemon, one of the flagships of Ubers ever since its introduction: Arceus. However, Arceus is kind of a broad topic, due to its many formes. For this upcoming round, we will be building teams around lesser used Arceus formes. The Arceus formes you cannot use are: Dark, Electric, Fairy, Ghost, Grass, Normal, Rock, and Water. Anything else is fair game!

The building part of this round will end in roughly a week. Most likely a week at minimum, I won't cut you short a day but I might be busy on that night and have to wait until the next day or something. Get building!

Hello guys my name is Edgar and today I'm going to be showcasing my Arceus-Ice team n_n. Arceus-Ice has always been my favorite Arceus type so I used this contest as an excuse to build a team around it :]

The Squad:

Ermm this team was fairly easy to build, once I have an idea I usually build the estructure in 3-5 mins. Anyways, Dialga is my Kyogre switch-in, Kyogre check and electric resist as well as my Stealth Rock setter. I first thought of Dialga on this team because it covers a lot of things in one slot, on teams as specialized as this one, a pokemon like Dialga is needed. Secondly, I figured the most reliable Defog user I could ever fit in this team is no other than Giratina-O, it's just such a good mon, Ground resist, priority, Ekiller check, omy. On the third slot I decided to use Kyogre since Arceus-Ice likes rain and helps it taking out pokemon like Heatran and potentially Ho-Oh, I chose the specially defensive set so I can deal with Heatran, CM Arceus and Geomancy Xerneas in an easier way. Then, I figured I'd need a revenge killer for pokemon like Mewtwo, Palkia, Zekrom and Darkrai as they are threats the 3 pokemon I added before can pseudo check but I also wanted a Fairy so it can make checking Yveltal and Zekrom a lot easier, Choice Scarf Xerneas! The moveset might be a bit odd but I really think that is the best choice of moveslots, helps me check Ekiller and stuff if I really need to. Last spot before Arceus needed to be one that fully supports Arceus and helps it achieve a sweep in most of scenarios. I decided to go with this particular Mega Gengar set as it helps me beat Arceus' checks such as Mega-Scizor, Ho-Oh (after rocks), Ferrothorn and Specially Defensive Kyogre. Last spot is obviously Arceus-Ice. I chose the Refresh Calm Mind set since I figured it would be the most viable one as a lot of its counters just abuse status or hard wall it when using any coverage move you can imagine.

Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Toxic / Roar
- Stealth Rock

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force / Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Megahorn
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

A more offense oriented version:
Dialga @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 120 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Arceus-Ice @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Refresh
- Calm Mind
- Recover

I tweaked the team a little bit and made a more offensive variant. This one is a lot weaker to Calm Mind Arceus-Water/Ghost and Geomancy Xerneas but it is a very interesting concept since pokemon like Geomancy Xerneas and Choice Scarf Kyogre pressure Arceus-Ice's counters a lot. Hidden Power Fire is not needed on Gengar is not needed as Geomancy Xerneas pressures pokemon like Ferrothorn and Scizor enough. Shadow Force on Giratina-O and Roar on Dialga is very necessary as if you don't run them you autolose to Geomancy Xerneas.

Have fun :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)