Multi Gen Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
upload_2015-3-30_7-40-48.png

my 20 min sad attempt at "art" :p
e: you guys know I didn't draw this I edited an image I have like 0 artistic talent?​

Introduction

Hello everybody, and welcome to the Ubers Teambuilding Competition v2, which is the resumption of the thread which Dice and I co-ran before SPL. I'm going to go ahead here and give you all an explanation of this competition, in case you have forgotten or need further clarification.

So, basically the way this is going to works is that every round, I will post a core, a set, an individual Pokemon, or some other related concept to build around for this competition. Using this concept, you guys all get to work and build amazing teams and post them here along with an explanation of how you built it. After a brief period of time for submissions, we will then move into a community vote, and the winner will be recognized in the Hall of Fame and will also get their votes doubled in weight for future competitions (however, this will not stack, and you cannot have a vote weight of more than x2).

Rules

Alright, let's get into some more specific rules here.

Submitting a Team: There are a few things you need to do when submitting an entry for this competition. Please include the following:
- An importable of the team in a hide tag
- A brief description of your team building process and what went into the building of the team.
- Pictures always help, but are not a requirement.
- Replays are likewise helpful, but not required.
You will post the team in this thread. Possibly at some point, I may experiment with PMing me the teams to limit bandwagoning based on name, but for now, I think that the discussion will be more helpful. See the Hall of Fame for some examples.

Copying Teams: I understand that, because people are posting teams out in the open on this thread, there is potential for copying other teams. This is against the rules and not at all in the spirit of this competition. If you are found to have copied another team, you will be disqualified from the round. If you suspect someone of copying a team, PM me and I will investigate. Just don't be that guy, please.

Discussion and Making Changes: Teams are not always perfect every single time, and I feel like it is okay for changes and suggestions to be made within reason. This is not an RMT thread. There's another entire subforum for that. Not here. If you want to tell someone, "Hey you are running Modest Gengar but Timid is clearly the better choice for x reason," that's fine. Just don't rebuild their team, because this is a competition after all. You don't need to post teams to contribute to this thread. I reserve the right to disqualify a user if they continually post rate-like content or knowingly post gimmicky or unviable teams.

Bandwagoning: Please don't do this. If you legitimately think a different team is better than what the person with the trophy and twenty votes put out there, vote for it. Do not feel pressured to vote for any user for any reason other than that they had the best team. I understand that this is subconscious for the most part, but at least give it a decent effort.

Winning: Your votes value will be doubled and you will get a permanent place in our Ubers Teambuilding Competition Hall of Fame.

Concept Submission: If you have a great concept idea which would be perfect for this thread, feel free to PM me but understand that it may not actually ever be used.

In addition to these rules, the standard procedures and rules that apply forum wide obviously apply here as well. If you feel like I missed an important rule, please PM me.

Old Gens: It's always possible for an old gens round. However, I understand that the player base is smaller and the interest is lower, so these will be more infrequent. I myself am pretty limited in terms of old gen knowledge, so keep your expectations low.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Okay, that wraps up this OP, so get building! Round One and the Hall of Fame will be posted below.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ubers Teambuilding Competition Hall of Fame

orch:
Shaymin-Sky @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Protect

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Surf

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Multitype
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic / Heal Block
- Spikes

Skymin: This team was built around it obviously. So, the role for Skymin is to pressure opponent's team in conjunction of TS and Spikes. If opponent opts to defog/rapid spin, then it gives Skymin opportunity to get a free subseed loop which is very convenient. And, the fact that poison does not go away allows Skymin to maintain its pressure, even with hazards removed. I had Aromatherapy over Air Flinch, but flinching is far better on this team since it's delicious with poison lol. And, the fact that Tenta sucks at checking Specsogre made Seed Flare mandatory on it. Overall, it's just a very annoying mon if you let it to set up, and this team is designed to maximize that chance.

Tentacruel: The star of this team IMO. It provides invaluable support with TS/Rapid Spin/Knock off. Knock off lets Tenta to deal with Specsogre better and beating Goth on switch in. Tenta is also my go to Palkia, Dialga, and Kyogre check. Just make sure that you use protect often to scout and get HP back.

Landorus-T: The necessary evil. Since Skymin is terrible at checking ground (stone edge after sr = dead skymin) and ho-oh/zekrom check. I decided to use EP adamant set, since I needed to maximize my physical presence to play against stall better. Also, it outspeeds most of specsogre and smacks it with EQ, so that's nice too. It's my go-to physical check. Although, I might consider phys def set if I don't think that this team is able to pressure Ho-Oh enough. It also forms a nice core with tenta, klefki, and skymin.

Kyogre: Just a old fashioned scarf kyogre, which works amazingly with toxic spikes. Tenta and Kygore complements each others well with Drizzle which lets Tenta to check Kyogre's checks and punish opponent with TS/Rapid spin/Knock off. Scarf Kyogre also limits Ho-Oh by denying the opportunity to switch in. It's also my go-to punisher for defog.

Arceus-Ghost: Additional physical check with a end-game condition. I needed a ekiller check, so Ghostceus was an obvious addition. It's also a spinblocker to maintain the tri-hazard support. Blastoise struggles to spin vs ghostceus due to TS's accumulation of damage and the fact that it cant beat +1 ghostceus. Focus blast is preferred over WoW since TS support clashes with WoW and the fact that Focus blast checks ekiller better than WoW anyways. It's also my Mewtwo check, which is a hard thing to get in this metagame. Ghostceus is also a good deterrent for defogging, since free CM could mean game over for opponent.

Klefki: Klefki synergizes with Landorus-T and Arceus-Ghost perfectly and forms yet other core. It's my spiker, Xern check, Yvel check, CM arc check, and general utility with Twave. Although, Goth weakness is disappointing, but it's limited to Charm variant if you choose to use HB Klefki.

Basically, this team aims to set up hazard then get Scarf Kyogre/Ghostceus sweep. Skymin shines on this team as an excellent mon to pressure opponent with hazard support and reducing my specsogre weakness.

However, this team has trouble with:

Refresh CM Arceus: I'm forced to go for CM war with Ghostceus or flinch it with Skymin. Although, seeding with Skymin then going to Ghostceus gives me the edge to win.
Ho-Oh: This team tries to deny and forcing Ho-Oh to die to SR much as possible. A well played Ho-Oh will be highly problematic to beat.
Gothitelle: Traps Klefki and gives opponent a clear win condition. This is alleviated by using HB Klefki, since Charm Goth haven't really caught on yet.
Status spam: This is annoying, but playing well with Shaymin can easily punish status spam and set up a subseed loop.

Thugly Duckling:
Gotta Go Fast! (Deoxys-Speed) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Fujin (Tornadus) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tailwind
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Grass Knot

αlpha (Kyogre) @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Herp (Gengar) (M) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 180 SpA / 76 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

Deerp (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 88 HP / 252 SpA / 168 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Substitute

Atlas (Arceus) @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed

This is a fun and borderline gimmicky team that I made inspired by a unique support mon: Tornadus-I. Tornadus-I is actually a really cool mon in this meta. He’s the only user of Prankster Tailwind that has a decent offensive presence, and to some extent he is also a wallbreaker by utilizing a 100% accurate (courtesy of Kyogre) and near unresisted LO-boosted Hurricane. What he does for this team is obviously provide Tailwind support, but he also anti-leads non-Magic Coat Deo-S, has a fantastic ground immunity, and screws over three of SpecsOgre’s best checks with the combo of STAB Hurricane and Grass Knot, that are; Waterceus, Grasseus, and Gastrodon. The pair really needed an Electric Immunity, and I wanted to maintain offensive pressure while also destroying the standard sun-offense since this is technically a rain team. SD Groundceus fit the bill perfectly, and He really appreciates the set-up opportunities Tornadus-I provides via Taunt+sacrifice. Groundceus struggles with Giratina-O IMMENSELY so I had to pair Him with a mon that sets up on it or simply KOs it. SubGeoXern was a no brainer - I needed to take advantage of forced switches and also a stallbreaker; and of course, the obligatory Fairy-Type for every team. I gave it a big speed creep since sand teams seemed annoying and I wanted to mess-up Adamant Sand Rush Excadrill, while also turning lead Smeargle into complete set-up fodder since Sticky Web screws the team up. Hazards were next, and since this was turning out to be a HO build, Deo-S was just obvious. I decided to use Magic Coat because I really hate lead Shuckle, but it also helps against opposing Deoxys Formes as well. I lacked a spin-blocker, Ekiller check, Mewtwo check, Kangaskhan check, and to an extent Rayquaza check, so I threw in Sableye to glue the team together. Coincidentally, Sableye offers me yet another possible lead, and he completely screws Deo-A in the ass which Deo-S cannot do at all. I gave it a speed creep to do fat damage with Foul Play to +2 Mawile.

The team looks weak to GeoXern, but all the fast Taunt really annoys it and if it really comes down to it, I can sack Tornadus-I for a Tailwind and counter-sweep with Kyogre. LO Xerneas has a fun time, but SpecsOgre checks it if Tailwind is up. I've found Blaziken to be a big threat, but if Rain is up Xerneas can set-up on it and Sableye takes comfortable damage from Flare Blitz to return fire with Foul Play. CM Waterceus is easily the biggest threat if given the chance to set-up since SpecsOgre cannot power through it when Tailwind is up. I'm forced to set-up my Xerneas in order to have a chance to beat it +1 +1, but luckily if the thing is Taunted before it can set-up it just becomes complete food to my Xerneas.

I listened to Hack's advice and replaced Sableye with Gengar, and it works much better while also keeping Xerneas at bay. I decided to use Icy Wind because Groundceus needs the extra help against Lando/Glisc, and it also lets me check Ray without resorting to DBond; and coincidentally, Icy Wind also offers speed control to a certain degree. Adamant>Jolly Groundceus and also Knock Off>Magic Coat Deo-S.

steelphoenix:
PURE SUNLIGHT (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

SHARK CITY (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Ice Beam

SOLDIERS (Zekrom) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 196 SpA / 60 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Earth Power
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind

VALKYRIE (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak

CHAMPIONS (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough

HERE IT COMES (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Refresh

I wanted to build around Tailwind Zekrom as it seems kinda underrated. It's a one-time POgre switch-in for offense (more than one if they cm on your Primal Groudon for whatever reason) and checks refresh Mega Salamence and just generally fucks with a lot of teams when given a free turn or two. It can even bluff scarf if you bring it in on shit like Latios and set up Tailwind and just kinda dominates from there. Primal Kyogre was added because it wears down Ferrothorn and Dialga and benefits greatly from Zekrom damaging Primal Groudon. It also soft-checks physical attackers such as Rock Polish Primal Groudon and Arceus-Ground. From there Primal Groudon was added by virtue of being the best Pokemon in the tier, providing Stealth Rock for the team, and checking opposing Primal Kyogre more reliably than Zekrom lol. Klefki was added to provide general backbone versus Latios in particular, but it also gives me more insurance vs Xerneas and Yveltal. Also, another Thunder Wave user helps Primal Kyogre and Zekrom do work when you can't get Tailwind up. I was feeling really Ground-weak so I added Giratina-O, which also Defogs for me and gives me extra insurance vs Ekiller and Mega Salamence. EQ lures out Keys and Mega Diancie among other things while smacking Excadrill harder than any other move and being a more consistent source of damage versus Primal Groudon than Draco Meteor. Defog Mega Salamence could probably be run in Giratina-O's place, but I prefer Giratina-O on this particular team as it anti-leads Deoxys forms without me having to reveal EKiller / let it take damage, isn't a Stealth Rock weak defogger, and isn't as much of a target of odd moves on offensive Pokemon such as Dragon Pulse Primal Groudon and Stone Edge EKiller. It's also a bit better vs Groundceus than Salamence even though your end goal is to kill that with EKiller or Primal Kyogre anyway. Finally, Arceus was kind of slapped on at the end when I realized I had a free teamslot and hadn't used an Arceus on my build yet. It's nice as it synergizes well offensively with Zekrom, makes me safer vs Arceus-Ghost and serves as a blanket soft-check to a bunch of things by virtue of strong priority.

ZoroarkForever:
Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Rest

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rapid Spin

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 112 HP / 248 Atk / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 168 HP / 88 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Toxic
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 180 HP / 184 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

This is a pretty standard rain stall team I whipped up quite a while back. On this team, Gengar serves as a spinblocker and stallbreaker, efficiently breaking many teams with a layer or two of Spikes up. WoW+Taunt are obvious choices, while Hidden Power [Rock] 2HKOs Gengar's main counter, Ho-Oh. Attack investment was needed for HP Rock, so Shadow Ball was chosen as its final move to take advantage of that investment and harass psychics. To take advantage of Gengar's ghost typing and ability to cause switches, I added Forretress. Forretress fills two key roles for the team: hazard setting and hazard removal. It also checks mono-Lati and a variety of physical attackers thanks to it's typing. To round off my core of hazard control, I added Tyranitar, who Pursuit traps opposing ghosts so Forretress can spin reliably. EQ was chosen as its 4th move to hit CM Jirachi, who is a large threat otherwise. Next, I added BoltBeam Latias to counter Kyogre and check Groudon (mono-CM loses to Ogre and is a shitty Groudon check imo), two mons that every team needs to check. Blissey is a mandatory pick for stall, walling most special attackers, notably the Lati@s, and provides clerical support, another necessary tool for stall, so I added it as well. After analyzing my team, I added Bold Kyogre as a gluemon to patch some weaknesses (DD Ray, CB Ho-Oh, soft Groudon check, etc) and act as a nice win condition. Enjoy :]

ApplepieFTW:
Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Shell Smash

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 136 Atk / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
EVs: 216 Atk / 40 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Roost
- Refresh

Hi everyone! So this is a team I built wanting to make use of one of the (few) positive traits genesect has. As dice pointed out, genesect is often an inferior klefki and when it isn't, it's often an inferior forretress. Keeping this in mind, I knew I had to make use of gene's ability to force out mons and grab momentum with a relatively strong u-turn. The most obvious mon that will be switching in is of course primal-don which gets weakened by tspikes quite easily. Hence why I choose to build to build the team around kyogre cleaning late game with its teammates supporting this. Cloyster can dictate the game's momentum early on by setting tspikes and making sure rocks don't go up. After that it's a matter of doing what fits the situation best. Your best bet is to play as such that you allow no opportunity to defog early on. This means pressuring early game with mence and using it to punch holes where you can. Thunder wave groudon is a necessary evil on this team as it's rather effective at paralyzing latis that come in on it trying to defog wanting to get rid of the tspikes. You can use this turn to pressure with the other mons, and as soon as you get kyogre in for free you can overpower the lati twins and hopefully clean up shop. Arceus ghost was chosen over an ekiller variant to allow the least possible opportunity to defog, e.g gira-o doesn't defog on ghosteus nor do latis as opposed to boosted/neutral skilled respectively. Shadow claw is needed for this as shadow force can give free turns (though with a +2 ghosteus it's often over), so I went with espeed on genesect to check low health xern as well as other misc. low health stuff. The groudon spread has some spdef investment so xern is less threatening. Fast mence is to outspeed latis in a pinch, jolly max helps with ghosteus (so does twave don't with more spdef).

cbb to think: lead cloy, grab momentum with gene to apply pressure as much as you can and prevent defog early on. rocks on pdon (defogable mon on hazards-centred team) is justified by thunder wave paving a way for a kyogre sweep late game.

Scarfxern over sd ghosteus with band espeed+explosion genesect is a very cool option as well. A stronger espeed makes up for scarfxern pressuring geoxern less, and gene can lure ho-oh nicely pretty early on as they wouldn't want to let their pdon come in when you have gene/xern/ogre. With ho-oh gone pdon is probably forced to come in on tspikes and you have a decently easy time from there on. Para helps band gene out a lot, on heck you can even run rock slide xern if you want. Ho-oh teams are important because ho-oh+lati could be tough in this case

Sadly sd ghosteus is a fucking animal so I did it this way. Enjoy!

Nayrz:
Blaziken-Mega @ Blazikenite
Ability: Speed Boost
Naughty Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Groudon @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Roar

Latios (M) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind

EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 228 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Roost
- Substitute

I believe the only thing that normal Groudon can effectively do is be a physical wall vs Ekiller, Mence, and Pdon while giving sun to Blaze, so i emulated the old xy sun build and with some tweaks it works pre good. I believe Blaze is unexplored and somewhat underrated in this meta, as ORAS didn't give it /that/ much trouble. It's main problem is how hard it can be to make a team that takes advantage of it and "why use it over mence" syndrome, which i guess does count as "a lot of trouble". I think traditional sun is the best way to go about it. Mence dies to sr+hp ice or if it switches into blitz then hp ice. The coverage can change (Stone Edge/Knock Off) but i find that hitting Salamence is the most relevant target. Groudon is there for sun + physical check, something Primal Groudon can have trouble doing. Latios breaks shit and gives an offensive Kyogre check, although it can be troubling regardless. Ghostceus is there cause its a better answer to Latis than Ekiller is. Keys is obvious. Ho-Oh is the teams best way to handle the special hits that the rest of the team cant sponge up, while also benefiting from sun boosted Sacred Fires. You could argue to use the 52 SpD spread but honestly that calc never comes into practice, especially with Life Orb Ho-Oh. Yes, the team is more than likely weak to a bunch of shit but i mean...its a team that i feel best takes advantage of regular Groudon's abilities and definitely has ways around the majority of its issues i feel, it works for the competition criteria at least hehe

Threats:
Heat Wave Yveltal will likely dumpster this team. Going keys > Ho-Oh vs can bring things back to your side...or have you in the situation of Ho-Oh vs PDon (risky) while also scouting for heat wave. Doesn't make it any less threatening cause if SR is up and it got in for free, something is probably dying.
Primal Kyogre - i feel this is a weakness you are hard pressed to keep off when using regular Groudon, cause if you stock up on decent Kyogre checks, you are probably not taking full advantage of Groudon's abilities (aka use Primal and switch to the traditional PGroudon/Latias/etc build) Latios is an ok switch-in tho. Phys Def Primal Kyogre will likely own the entire team, but now that i switched to CM Latios, this is much less of an issue.

steelphoenix:
ASH (Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave

STARLIGHT (Latios) (M) @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

NIGHT RIDER (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Disable
- Destiny Bond

FLIGHT (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- U-turn

SWEET (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

WHITE CITY (Arceus) @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Recover

Standardish team I built for either HPL or UPL, can't remember which. It's built with a similar direction to the other teams because there's not a hell of a lot of stuff you can do with Yveltal + Mega Gengar, but I think it handles threats more reliably. Mega Gengar was a set I wanted to use in SPL but never got around to it. It traps and kills Choice Band Ho-Oh and utterly violates things like support Arceus. Also emergency Ekiller check which is good. Klefki sucks, but it's necessary here to handle mences and Latis. Groundceus was chosen over EKiller because you can never have too many Pdon answers and I don't like the idea of losing to Dragon Claw + SE RP Pdon, even though that's not /super/ common. No Defog might seem bad but it's honestly fine given the pressure this team exerts and the possibility of the opponent being forced to Defog as a result of that.

Iris:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Counter
- Dragon Dance

Palkia @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Aqua Tail

Kyogre @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Calm Mind

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 224 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Icy Wind
- U-turn

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 20 HP / 248 Def / 240 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Encore
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

so everyone wanted dd ttar to be his / her stand alone sweeper but what ive noticed is nothing is being done to help set up its eventual sweep. Like, we aren't luring in groudons, passho over babiri so you can tank random surfs and still lose to most palkia and kyogre. I just made this to try out some old sets in a new metagame with some twists. First i have lead dd ttar which puts me into a fabulous position lead wise. I only lose to sash ray (dam my innovations hehe), other ttar (50 / 50 at worst), and old gen leads like kyogre / darkrai / groudon. but froslass and tentacruels and cloysters, and random other things keep appearing so i like dd'ing on turn one then killing them. HOpefully, sash stays intact and you get a sweet counter off or like 75 on something revenging. i got the idea from heist's dpp ou team but added counter

Next, ludicolos are appearing as the only kyogre checks for a lot of people if tspikes are not down. sadly, i can't truly prevent that, but when its a stand alone ludicolo, kyogre beats it all day cause the trend is ice beam over grass knot. Cool pokemon on its own, beating blissey and should beat quag too.

jirachi is my favorite pokemon to use and i went with icy wind to help people from setting up on me. the rest is standard

Wobbs gets rid of scarfers and fast pokemon. safeguard for toxic spikes to palkia / kyogre

lum palkia is a new one. people like to try to tank one hit with jirachi or groudon and twave it and be done. so lum beats these common trends

gliscor was just something i still like and blows on this team. But i needed SR + Groudon checks if things went poorly early game. still a cool mon.

Level 56:
Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Toxic
- Spacial Rend
- Hydro Pump

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 120 Atk / 252 Def / 136 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Refresh

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Spooky Plate
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Anyways, i made a balance build around Palkia. Palkia which was one of the best mon in XY is pretty much useless now due to the addition of Primal-Groudon, Primal-Kyogre and the Lati twins. It doesn't have any niche in the current metagame, so its extremely difficult to make a solid team around it.

This team is built around Palkia. Decided to use Lustrous Orb Palkia, because only that works, even if it is a tiny bit. Standard STAB moves with toxic to put pressure on Arceus-forms and thunder is for Kyogre. Whenever, you're using something like Palkia, Lati twins etc, you need a reliable switch-in to Xerneas and Yveltal, which is the reason why i decided to use klefki. Klefki is a also a very reliable check to the Lati twins, as they can easily pressure Palkia. Primal-Groudon, best mon in the tier, was added, providing stealth rock to the team, para blocker and doing various other stuff for the team. Since the team team was Ground weak, i decided to use Salamence-mega to patch the Ground weakness. Giratina-O can also be used in place of Salamence-mega, but i think Salamence-mega is better because with refresh it can also check Ho-oh which giratina-O can't. Lastly, i decided to use Arceus-Ghost, because otherwise, the team would be really weak to Ekiller.

ZoroarkForever:
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 60 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stone Edge

Latios @ Soul Dew
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Atk / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover
My submission ended up as a unique mixture between two standard sun builds (SD arc-ground/m-diancie sun and keys/m-sab sun). Obviously, the team started with Skarmory, which is naturally a good check to physical threats like Mence and SD Arc formes. The EV spread is custom for this team. The SpD investment allows Skarmory to avoid the 2HKO from Modest Latios Draco after SR 100% of the time while still giving it enough physical bulk to reliably take on Mence and SD Arc formes. Following this, I added Mega-Diancie and SpD Primal Groudon. Previous Skarm teams I've built are either extremely weak to M-Sableye, as Skarmory is dead weight against it, or are shaky against GeoXern, as Skarmory clashes with the most splashable Xerneas check, Klefki. Bulky SR M-Diancie helps immensely against M-Sableye teams as it not only counters Sableye, but also sets up SR very easily against it. SpD Primal Groudon serves as a reliable Xerneas check and makes use of having Diancie as a SR setter by running Toxic, which it can easily spread to Support Arc and Lugia. At this point, I needed primary checks to Primal Groudon and secondary checks to Xern and POgre, as both can overload PDon. The standard core of Phys Def Waterceus / Bulky Band Ho-Oh / CM Latios deals with these threats and more, so it seemed like a solid addition. Waterceus is able to run Judgment as Skarmory deals with Mence. The end result is a solid, somewhat standard team with no glaring weaknesses and better matchups versus certain threats (Mence and SD Arc-Ground in particular) than other similar builds.

dice:
Tyranitar @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 216 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Roar

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Roar
- Recover

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
EVs: 28 HP / 228 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Destiny Bond
- Mirror Coat
- Counter

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Spacial Rend
- Fire Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
to make use of rayquaza's defensive and offensive niche, u have to opt to use it on an offensively inclined squad which appreciates its balance breaking ability. rayquaza squads are kinda scarce just b.c. giratina-o has a /better/ defensive niche (covers mewtwo, better groudon check, etc) but it can't match with ray's power. on this squad ray's pretty nifty since it's an exca check on sand (most sands are surprisingly weak to opposing exca) and also is a ground immune to help with groudon. as wobbuffet checks mewtwo for the squad, i don't need the defensive capabilities of a gira-o here. wobb+ray is just a really cute combo, especially with ray being able to run dragon dance, because it's just a ton of free set up, similar to wobbmence in xy. espeed on ray is normally used to be a decent lead against deo-s and the ability to pick off a darkrai, so i opted for a scarf palkia to help cover darkrai and ran crunch opposed to pursuit on tyranitar. as this team is hyper offensive, pursuit is pretty unnecessary and giving rayquaza the ability to dragon dance is much more worth it than killing a switching latios. arceus-steel is kinda the oddball on the squad, but i needed a soft check to arceus-ghost (who is still a threat regardless) and the typing to help soft check other mons like ekiller was too good to turn down. palkia, as i stated earlier, is the main ogre switchin (the team overpowers defensive ogre p well) and runs scarf mainly for darkrai and rayquaza. it's actually a threat to many of the typical ho squads atm since even genesect can't outspeed. excadrill is a nifty fastmon, zekrom check, and general nuisance to mostly any team. zekrom checks are actually kinda hard to fit on good ray squads, and exca seemed like a fit. i thought about giivng it sd > rapid spin but the hazard removal has been clutch at times. idk.. this team's pretty fun to play tho.

Hack:
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Toxic

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 12 Def / 136 SpD
Careful Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Lava Plume

Lugia @ Leftovers
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Toxic
- Whirlwind

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Snatch
- Toxic

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Defog
- Recover

My best take on Aegislash is by using it on this prototype stall. Hasn't been used much by anyone because people feel more comfortable with my other stall team... Which they should be. I still think it has a fun twist to the stall archetype, Aegislash secures the team hard vs Xerneas, which opens up Groudon's moveset from the usual Lava Plume+RestTalk or plain Roar sdef you usually see on fat teams. I got to use Rock Tomb here which is kinda fun. It can make Lugia faster than certain taunters and it pressures Mega Mence pretty well. Since Mence even switches into Groudon at times, it can be super valuable to get Lugia to outspeed it.

Otherwise Aegislash also has qualities in pursuit trapping, which this team definitely enjoys. I feel that Gengar's main niche in the meta is to dismantle stall and I know people like Astounded feels Focus Blast is more of a necessity to do this as the more common stalls have Tyrantiar- which hopefully let's Aegislash put in some work vs Gengar. It also fares extremely well vs SubSong and SubHypno. Aegislash also traps Latis which is kinda minor but it's still very good to be able to force Defog Latias+Ho-oh teams into losing positions at times.

In the stall vs stall match-up, Aegislash has a very nice niche over most Toxic spammers- it can pressure clerics extremely well. Iron Head over Gyro Ball is more reliable vs defensive mons and it should be highlighted that this is extremely beneficial when facing RestTalk Xern or Blissey. The theoretical way you beat stall with this team is by pressuring clerics into using up their Heal Bell pp, but thank god I haven't played a stall vs stall match up yet cause the process would be tedious to say the least.

Since Mega Sableye's synergy with Aegislash isn't the best, so Mega Diancie became the choice for a magic bouncer on the team, which is almost a necessity for stall. Mega Diancie doesn't have Sableye's longevity but it does have a good match up vs opposing Sableye stalls as a Toxic staller, and it gets Heal Bell, which freed up my Blissey for a Wish-pass role- something Groudon really appreciates. My Diancie uses Moonblast to OHKO Darkrai and is ev'd towards the specially defensive side, which give it a great chance of living the niche +2 Focus Blast Darkrai, another thing that could possibly break stall. It has speed to outrun adamant Rayquaza. I didn't feel physical defensive would be its forte just because of how big threat Darkrai is, but it does take on stuff like Ho-oh and Mega Mence better then, so it's certainly an option.

Speaking of Blissey, running Snatch is of course my countermeasure to Arceus Dark. Wish+Softboiled actually makes this kind of Blissey much more secure in countering the mon in question, since it doesn't risk getting pp stalled out of recovery moves. Snatching cleric move pp from opposing Blisssey/Xerneas/Clefable is another underrated aspect of Blissey's match up vs stall. It is also a back up check/pivot to Kyogre/Yveltal.

Lastly you got Lugia and Waterceus, which I don't think needs much explaination. When in doubt and rocks aren't up, you use the former to wall 90 % of the meta. The latter is my defoger and support Groudon check of choice. Typing is as per usual key since it allows me to cover more variants of Pdon (as well as Ho-oh) than when using someting like Groundceus in that slot.

To conclude: this team has some fun merit over Tyranitar+Mega Sableye stalls in being able to handle variants of Gengar that opt for dedicated standard stallbreaking measures, it has a pretty good match up over opposing stall due to Diancie+Aegislash, and it is very secure vs Xerneas and a bit more secure vs Skymin. On the downside when compared to standard stall; Diancie isn't as reliable as Sableye at completely walling certain SR users (Tyranitar, Ferro, Deoxys-A) and in extension giving autowins, nor can it afford protect on a team like this, which makes mega evolving much more of a hassle. Mega Sab also gives the team an additional Ekiller check, which in extension makes it more prone to standard HO. So basically you trade off the edge in the HO match up for an easier way to pressure opposing stalls and wall balances with certain stallbreakers. Which can be worth it sometime.

edit: I decided to add a couple of interesting suggestions, both from users have been pitching me and some I've thought up myself. I already changed my Pdons evs to gear more towards the physical side because I felt it would be needed.

Bold Chansey > Blissey: while Blissey has the reliable combo of lefties+snatch, this team is actually much frailer on the physical side (even with the forced change of don evs) than on the special. Chansey can for example take attacks like +2 LO ekiller espeed, ho-oh brave bird among things, should it come to that.

or

Flamethrower Blissey: helps vs Ferrothorn (this team actually have major problems killing Ferro lol) with CM Diancie- since Blissey isn't gonna afford to run snatch anymore, a new Darkceus check is needed. Alternatively HP Fire Diancie and keep blissey set (or change to chansey), to help with Ferrothorn while not giving Darkceus check.

Ice Beam Waterceus+Psychic Lugia+SubToxic Aegislash+possibly shed or flame bliss and the appropriate changes to Diancie if giving up snatch: Fun variant that forgoes pursuit for a win condition that sets up on ferro. Weaker to the rare sub ho-oh.

in theory arceus water could forgo judgment for fire blast to hit ferro. A sub ho-oh weakness would be manageable with diancie+pdon+lugia.

Mr.378:
Arceus-Dragon @ Draco Plate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Swords Dance

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 48 SpA / 32 SpD
Brave Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume

Gengar @ Gengarite
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

Yveltal @ Black Glasses
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 232 SpA / 116 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn

Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic

Latias @ Soul Dew
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Grass Knot
- Recover

Arceus-Dragon has always been a bit of a pet mon of mine and I've wanted to use it in ORAS for a while now. I've made many builds with SD Arceus-Dragon with varying success and this one has been the most successful for me so far. It's a simple trap turn team built around SD Arceus-Dragon The team is made to overload Xerneas, which is Arceus-Dragon's most common check, by both attacking it on switch ins and by having enough favorable switch ins to it that it cannot accomplish anything and eventually dies to chip damage. As such the Arceus-Dragon set ignores Xerneas almost entirely and uses Overheat to hit the bulky steels that wall it otherwise such as Scizor and Ferrothorn. It may not do much to then but it allows it to beat them. The rest of the team is self explanatory. BG Yveltal and MGar for the Trap Turn core, Three attack Primal Groudon as a Rock setter and overall utility mon, Klefki to act as a general offensive stop and Spike stacker, and Latias to give a strong switch in to Primals and help deal with other strong mons like Arceus-Ground. I use somewhat custom movesets here that may be changed around like using Espeed on Arceus-Dragon to hit weaker mons with priority or using a number of other attacks on Latias to give different coverage or allow more utility or also using protect on Mega Gengar to provide a more solid check to Ekiller.

Errata: I have swapped the Latios here for a Latias as it does most everything Latios did but helps deal with threats better.

Anyway that is my team and I am looking forward to seeing what everyone else makes.

Antacool:
Lord Zong (Bronzong) @ Mental Herb
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Hoopa Uberz style (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sleep Talk

Dilwar <3 (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Focus Punch

Underrated (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge

Time's up (Dialga) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon

SOLROCKS (Solrock) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Bronzong has a great niche in Trick Room based Teams. I will show you in this post a very original team where Zong has a specific role, which is a suicide Trick Room setter.

First before to criticize this pokemon and read my post, watch him make a Ragequit himself, Lord Zong.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264723140

Basically, you have two ways of using Bronzong :
-against Taunt Leads (Deoxys, Mewtwo,...) thanks to Mental Herb, which permits you to place Trick Room then Stealth Rocks after an opposing Taunt. It's great bulk lets it survive easily Knock Off + Espeed from 4 Att Deoxys-A, and take "only" 75% on Pdon's Lava Plume.
-checking key threats who eventually successed to setup after a last turn of TR, especially GeoXerneas who is a big threat to TR teams in general.
Gyro Ball is a really good STAB that hits hard fast frail things it checks like Shaymin-Sky, Scarf Kyurem-W, Deoxys, and also Fairy types such as Xern and Diancie who threaten Hoopa-U and the rest of the team.
Explosion is the must have move after using Trick Room to let place quickly to another Sweeper.
You could try Heatproof instead of Levitate, to surprise Pdon thinking to OHKO Zong with Fire Punch or Eruption. But I would not advise this ability.

The sweepers are the following ones:
- Hoopa-U, which is a great physical sweeper under TR that has basically 0 switch-ins. STAB Hyperspace Fury for Dark power and to punish Pokemon behind Substitute, or using Protect or King's Shield. It's a really good point since those moves waste TR turns.
Hoopa is so good it destroyed a Perish Gar behind a Sub >:]
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264702355
Drain Punch and Gunk Shot provide very nice coverage, Sleep Talk to reduce the Darkrai weakness thanks to its very decent special Bulk. He can check Mega Mewtwo Y too which is awesome.
- Mixed Pdon with max Attack / Special Attack. Eruption and Precipice Blades for STABs, Hidden Power Ice because it's just perfect for opposing Ray and Mega Salamence, and Stone Edge for Ho-Oh.
- Mega-Mawile which has the epic Dilwar set. Swords Dance to boost its attack, Play Rough for STAB, Sucker Punch for priority and Focus Punch for Ekiller using SD, Ferro using Leech Seed and Primal Groudon switch-in who is 2HKO by this move at +0.
- Dialga, which is a specially Attacker who can use Trick Room Himself. Draco Meteor for Nuke, Flash Cannon for second reliable STAB and Thunder for Ogre and Waterceus.
The last poke, Solrock, is a great Groudon Primal, Ho-Oh, Mence, Ray, non Shadow Claw E-Killer and non Crunch Mega-Kangaskhan Check who supports the team pretty nicely.

Threatlist: Specially Offensive Pdon, Will-O-Wisp Arceus Forms, Ghostceus / Physical Sweepers with ghost moves in general

Replays

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264728227 (1592 score but I didn't put the 1600 one which is against a bad gimmicky OU team)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264720454 (Nice Hoopa-U ending)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264687354 (A great example of Bronzong's work, which permits a Hoopa-U sweep)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264712683
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264681958
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-264679164
(Bronzong haxxed to death SD Groundceus)

hyw:
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Shell Smash

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic
- Spikes

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Def / 156 SpA / 12 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hex
- Dragon Tail
- Thunder Wave
- Destiny Bond

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

In my opinion, throughout DPP to BW2 to ORAS, Wobbuffet in Ubers has been thought of by the masses as a Pokémon that "opens up an opportunity for a setup sweeper to set up safely" (Smogon XY Uber Wobbuffet Analysis). Yet, I never liked this train of thought since it meant devoting one slot to relying on another slot to sweep; I was, and still am, very skeptical about whether it's good idea to use up two slots out of six to aim for a sweep, conceptually. Instead, I took a different approach, better taking advantage of Wobbuffet's ability to eliminate threats rather than lock them into something useless against a sweeper of mine. In my team-building philosophy, I believe that the two most threatening Pokémon in this tier to be Extreme Killer Arceus-Normal and Geomancy Xerneas. While the former can hit Wobbuffet tremendously hard with a +2 Shadow Claw with Extreme Speed to bypass a last resort attempt with Custap Berry Destiny Bond, it seemed to me like Wobbuffet does an exceptionally good job at exterminating the over-powered deer which run rampant in this metagame.

A nifty thing I noticed about using Wobbuffet as one's team's Xerneas counter is that, unlike many of the Xerneas counters (rather, checks) in this tier, Wobbuffet is not passive about beating Xerneas; it straight-up kills it, unlike Primal Groudon, Klefki, Blissey, or Lugia who try to Thunder Wave it/Toxic stall it/phaze it. If Xerneas uses Geomancy again as I Mirror Coat the predicted Moonblast, it will require another turn to complete the move, yet by then I would have Encored it to 2HKO it with Groudon's Precipice Blades. This means that I can use some of these Pokémon without running traditionally obligatory Thunder Waves and such to put a stop to the ever-so threatening Xerneas. Since Wobbuffet deals with Xerneas single-handedly, I decided to use some of these Pokémons with sets that forgo their Xerneas-stopping abilities to, instead, focus on shining in other areas of team support. I first went to Primal Groudon as its ability allows me to beat Primal Kyogre and set up Stealth Rocks, two extremely valuable assets to any team. Stone Edge was chosen to beat Ho-Oh and Dragon Tail to both prevent things like Mega Salamence and Ekiller from setting up, as well as to catch Giratina-O and Latias that may try to switch in.

This is the point in team-building that I noticed something that I thought was really interesting: I may be able to use a unique Klefki set; one that wields both Flash Cannon and Dazzling Gleam to pressure the two major Magic Bouncers in the tier, Mega Diancie and Mega Sableye. By having Wobbuffet free up the need to use Thunder Wave, I was able to fit both Toxic and hazards to allow this team to lay down Spikes more easily. Since setting down Spikes (at least setting them down in the first place; not keeping them down once they got there) seemed to become guaranteed at this point thanks to dual STAB Klefki, I decided to capitalize on this further by using a Toxic Spiker that can pressure Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie reasonably; enter Cloyster. Cloyster fits great on this team since with Klefki being able to lay hazards down even in Mega Sableye's presence (as it would have been switched-out; if not, it would face a Dazzling Gleam that takes 50% of its health; 72 SpA EVs ensure a 2HKO of 252/0 neutral Mega Sableye 61.2% of the time), which allows Cloyster to further pressure Mega Sableye with a +2 Icicle Spear to lay down Toxic Spikes (it has a 93.8% chance to KO 252/252+ Mega Sableye at +2 after 3 layers of Spikes). The last two members of this team keep in check threats that the previous four fail to handle whilst exploiting the plethora of hazards laid down on the opponent's field. Giratina-O, with Hex and Thunder Wave, is able to beat Mega Salamence, while also keeping Mega Mewtwo X, physical Primal Groudon, and Ekiller at bay. Its defense investment allows it to live a +1 252+ Double Edge from Mega Salamence after Stealth Rocks with a 75% chance (without Stealth Rocks and lower investment/base power attacks with a 100% chance). Finally, since I have no Arceus-forme, what better Pokémon to put a dent in opposing teams or even sweep late game single-handedly? None other than Ekiller himself! Admittedly, this Pokémon also works well with the team support that Wobbuffet provides with Encore, despite me not building this team around Wobbuffet to play that role.

Tweaks to this team that I have found that may increase its effectiveness against certain teams without affecting its overall strength include increasing Giratina-O's speed creep, using a Recover Ekiller set, and replacing Ekiller with standard Ghostceus; this last change causes you to miss out on strong priority but allows you to abuse Toxic Spikes even further with Shadow Force, which often forces the opponent to take one more turn of Poison damage before receiving the subsequent damage output. Toxic on Giratina-O is filler, too, and can be replaced with things like Will-O-Wisp, Shadow Force, or Stone Edge. If I had to name a weakness of this team it would definitely be Heat Wave Life Orb Yveltal, as it is immune to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and breaks through my defensive backbone with ease, so I usually try to make it a one-on-one with Ekiller against it; having it be Toxiced by Klefki prior to this helps immensely.

In conclusion, while this team does not utilize Wobbuffet in the traditional fashion with its ability to Encore Pokémon, allowing a teammate to safely set up, it instead acts as a hard counter to Xerneas, letting me use Pokémon that are commonly seen as Xerneas counters to forgo their ability to counter Xerneas to instead expand in other roles, resulting in me being able to get innovative with how the rest of the team became structured.

Replays
ZoroarkForever: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-270742864
Lord Outrage: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-270732847
Pohjis (a similar Mega Gengar set over Giratina-O): http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ubers-270629639

Antacool:
Hyw the Lord (Jirachi) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Atk / 40 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Still the word (Ho-Oh) @ Choice Band
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Sleep Talk

Yves & Tall (Yveltal) @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 SpA / 100 SpD / 160 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch

999 Rare Candies (Arceus-Fairy) @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 76 SpD / 100 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Latiti (Latias) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 248 HP / 80 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Roost

KFC (Salamence) @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Wish
- Roost

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
For week one of this challenge, I chose a Pokemon which used to be quite popular before the addition of a certain Primal-Groudon. This week we are going to try experimenting with: Zekrom in ORAS Ubers.

Have fun!

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
This should be fun, I'll give it a try.

Now, I dont, and never did, think that Zekrom was a mon that a team was built around, as I felt it was normally fairly independent of it's team, and added later in the teambuilding process. So I instead made a concept to build around and make it one Zekrom could shine with.

OK, this started with zekrom. I initially had it as a Life Orb 3 attacks set, with tailwind as utility. But I then tried building around that and utterly failed, so I changed it. It became life orb with dragon claw, volt switch, bolt strike and dragon tail. An option here would be to change dragon claw for outrage, but I'm about as comfortable with giving xerneas free turns as I am using baton pass.

Next up I decided to go for a mon that would play to the zekrom's strengths, namely forcing switches and the phazing option, by going for the suicide lead greninja set. Toxic spikes and spikes in conjunction with phazing and the power Zekrom can bring can easily whittle balanced/bulkier offensive teams down fast, and stall really doesn't like tspikes. However, getting tspikes up vs stall is... unlikely, given how good mega-sableye is on stall teams. However if the stall being used is mence stall, it can do a lot of damage. I then changed the greninja set to no longer be able to block rapid spin in favour of hidden power steel. This is just to ensure that this team will work vs Diancie teams. Shadow sneak can be placed over taunt, however in exchange for giving up one form of hazard removal, this greninja will manage to get hazards up vs the more commonly seen magic bouncer.

After covering two hazards with gren, I decided to go for good old pdon as the stealth rock setter, but I also wanted to make sure that he wouldn't be defog bait, considering how many defoggers have adapted to him as a sr setter, but dragon tail is reliable phazing vs any defogger not named arceus-fairy, and will hit things like the latis hard on the switch. Thunder wave is used so that xerneas doesn't completely trample over the entire team, and the last move I went for earthquake over precipice blades simply for greater consistency in doing it's job.

After covering the hazards, I decided I wanted a mega. So I initially went for mega Kangaskhan, to abuse fake out + tspikes. But then, I remembered giratina. And as one of the best defoggers in the tier, I didn't want to give it a free switch in, ever, so I changed this to a bulkier dd mence. I'm unsure on the ev spread, and am open to changing it and putting in different HP and speed values. As it stands, this creeps enough for +base 90s, but it does leave it viable to being revenge killed by scarf xerneas and genesect. The HP however makes the team more solid vs SD arc forms like ekiller and arceus-ground. This serves as a nice win con, as it always will considering how strong it is.

I wanted another offensive thing with taunt to stop defog because I'm a typically very offensive player and this suits the way I play more, and so I went with darkrai, with taunt, dark void, dark pulse and thunder. Then I realised that what I was running thunder for (ho-oh) is shut down quite well by taunt as it is, and changed it to sludge bomb to hit xerneas/clefable hard.

For the final mon, I realised that primal kyogre beats almost every mon on this team depending on the set, and I dislike pdon as a kyogre switch in. The team also felt weak to ekiller, and so I did my best to check both in one slot by using giratina-o (esp if kyogre comes in on pdon). This is a rather weird moveset and ev spread, with roar used to phaze (yep, not enough of that yet), thunder used to hurt kyogre, toxic and will-o-wisp for things like lugia and ho-oh, as well as emergency ekiller check if the tspikes did fail to get up/have been defogged away. The team would be made better probably by changing something else to a proper kyogre check and make this one change back to the normal ekilling check variant, but this does it's job fairly well, especially considering mence and pdon already lighten the load vs ekiller. Roar is used over dtail because xerneas clean sweeps this team if it can set up, and it can only really set up vs this.

I then realised how much giratina didn't fit. By then, I mean in the middle of writing the description, which I wrote after this, but I'm putting it here rather than before anyway. This team thrives when on the offensive, despite the phazing moves on two mons. As a result, I changed this to an ekiller variant which can still block defog with shadow force. A good secondary win condition after mence, it's also very good to have priority on a ho team to prevent said team getting screwed over by skymin (Am I salty? nope). Shadow force with jolly ekiller means that you outspeed or speed tie with all the common defoggers in the tier, and that is assuming they try and defog on an ekiller (side note, to the guy using defog ekiller, please stop).

Final change was arc-n into arc-ghost, so that the team didn't lack a spinblocker. Espeed is kept over brick break so that the team does not lack priority. Thankfully, defensive yveltal is less common now due to stone edge ekiller, because that walls this for days.

Lead is pretty much always greninja, except vs mega sableye. It dies setting up hazards, normally one layer of tspikes and one spike. The majority of the middlegame is phazing and preventing defog, preferably getting rocks up with pdon as well. Mence should be reserved for the endgame, when spikes + tspikes + rocks as well as +1 adamant double edge should be able to clean up nicely, except if the opponent has an arceus-rock, in which case, earthquake has a 94% chance to ohko standard max hp max speed arceus-rock after one layer of spikes and stealth rock. And that's ignoring toxic spikes. The only things living it are shuca dialga, shuca tyranitar and rhyperior.

You really want to avoid being on the defensive with this team. If you are reacting and switching out more than a couple of times, your opponent has a definite advantage, and will likely get off a defog, leaving you to play with a team with only five mons, centred around something that isn't there anymore.

Other than that, I dont really know what to say about the team. Zekrom isn't the star of the team, nor is it built around it, but zekrom works well on it with the role of heavy hitter/phazer. Sorry about no pictures, I cant find the tiny ones.

Zekrom @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Bolt Strike
- Dragon Tail
- Volt Switch

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Steel]

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 SpD
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Dark Void
- Thunder
- Dark Pulse

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw

Last edited:
This look's fun,this is my go at this.

Well i love'd using Krom in Xy but Or/As was harsh on krom.The fact that groudon is on almost 100% teams with buff that make life for zekrom that much harder.I built this team around zekrom while using krom as a revenge killer.The aim is to revenge kill certain threats or clean up when the team is weakened enough to the point where zekrom just break's through using boltstrike/outrage.

+

At start i had zekrom and decided to pair it with Mega-scizor.Scizor solves the fairy weakness of krom,checks xern while crippling support arceus form's with toxic.It also Check's Lati twins/Arceus-Rock and provides great support.Zrom had scarf+Sleeptalk which meant it was fast and killed darkrai and absorbed darkvoid pretty well.

+
+

At this point i was very weak to Primal-Groudon.Latias was the perfect answer.I checked both the primal's and could 2kho P-Groudon+P-Ogre.It could set up on various pokemon with cm and had great synergy with my scizor+Krom.After a few boosts+Soul dew it was a tough nut to crack.

+
+
+

As of now my team faced a lot of trouble vs Ho-Oh,Salamence and Pokemon's Like Ekiller.Arceus Rock solved those issues.I could swiftly kill Ho-Oh,Burn Ekiller's and other pokemon while defog removed the hazard's set by my opponent.While judgment also chunked a huge portion of lugia's hp.

+
+
+
+

At this point i wanted a stealth rock user but i wasn't looking at primal-groudon for this job.I decided to turn to Groudon for 2 reason's.1:Wasn't weak to ground attack's which meant it would check CB Ho-Oh which aim's earthquake for my Rockeus,while also checking P-Groudon. 2:Check's Arceus-Ground while pretty well getting leftover's recovery and phazing them using D-Tail after toxicing them.

**Note**:Normally i tend to not run StoneEdge on groudon as it misses a lot and is mainly used to check ho-oh which get's dealt by Arceus-Rock.In place of SE i run Toxic to poison arceus-ground then phaze.This help's solve the SD-Groundceus problem but the choice of SE/Toxic depend's on how you play.I also ran SE from time to time.

+
+
+
+
+

Lastly i decided to add a clefable.This thing helped me heal my team with aroma and pass on wish to Groudon/Zekrom when needed.It also acted as a secondary xern check as at time's xern's carry Hp-Fire which pops scizor[It's ladder so can't complain about the amount of Hp Fire i see].Fable also help's check physical attacker's after i land my willo-wisp with rockeus and take's them down.[Clef+Rockeus deal's with ekiller etc]

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Sleep Talk

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Toxic
- Roost
- Superpower

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover

Arceus @ Stone Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Groudon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect

Replay's:https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-222072047 [Vs my good friend RCD who was laddering on his alt]

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-222099513 [A bit haxy but vs a offensive team.He could have killed rockeus but Mzor 2khoes ekiller with SuperPower anyway's.

I had a few more where krom shrekt 5 mon's and basically won a few 1600 matches but i forgot to save replay[Well idk i was sleepy].I will update with more replay's when i ladder a bit more using this on my spare time.

Last edited:
If it's adv next week, I'll participate. I'm sure a few more guys would be willing to participate as well.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Zekrom @ Shuca Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 224 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hone Claws
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 208 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Extreme Speed

EVs: 248 Atk / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Dragon Tail
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog

Arceus-Ground @ Earth Plate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Recover

Was trying to think of a Zekrom set people haven't used yet and came up with this. Shuca HC Zekrom is meant to act as a Primal Groudon lure - you send in Krom on something it can force out like a Ho-Oh or an Arceus-Water, use HClaws on the switch to Primal Groudon, then 2HKO it with Outrage (or Dragon Claw if it has some damage on it already) while surviving Precipice Blades thanks to your Shuca Berry. This has good synergy with Geomancy Xerneas, as being able to put a giant hole in its most common check is pretty useful. Zekrom also handles other Geoxern checks such as Ho-Oh and Lugia pretty nicely. Shuca Berry also lets it double as an EQ Salamence check, as Zekrom has solid physical bulk and a handy Flying resistance which makes it pretty good against our crescent lizard friend. EVs for it are fairly precise: 40 HP EVs allow Zekrom to always live 2 Adamant Double-Edges from max Atk Adamant M-Mence after SR, 224 Attack ensures the 2HKO on 252/56+ PDon with +1 Outrage, 244 Speed outruns 168 Speed Geoxern (the standard) + Adamant Excadrill in neutral weather.

Rest of the team is pretty boring so I'll go through it quickly. Geomancy Xerneas is the main win con + provides useful resists and cleric support. Genesect's main purpose is to get Zekrom in on Ho-Ohs and help soften up PDon a bit in case things aren't suitable for Krom. Also it does some cool things like check Mewtwo, Darkrai, Latis, and Skymin. ESpeed > Explosion to help take out weakened GeoXerns + pi face beats CM Arceus anyway. PDon provides Rocks and is the main Kyogre / Xerneas / steel check. Tina-O is the EKiller/Ground check and Defogs + gives extra priority which is useful. SForce is intended to minimize Xern setup targets, though its a powerful move in general so no harm in using it. Groundceus is a secondary PDon check + win con, which I added because Zekrom is also good against a number of its checks such as Lugia, Skarmory, Defensive Yveltal, and Shaymin-S. Having a secondary win con is nice since putting all of the eggs in the Xerneas basket doesn't always work out.

Suggestions are welcome! Zekrom is tough to fit but has some cool uses as a check to POgre/Ho-Oh/Mence + being able to cause a lot of damage with good prediction.

also cool with doing adv teams next week

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Zekrom @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 92 SpA / 164 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Tailwind
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast

Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 44 HP / 168 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Atk / 108 Def / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge

EVs: 244 Atk / 252 Def / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Defog
- Dragon Tail

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

This is bog standard offense team for the most part with Xerneas and Arceus as the two main win conditions, but the two mid game mons here are actually quite cool. The two primary midgame members are what make it interesting. Zekrom is here to chip Ferrothorn for Xerneas as well as hammer Primal Groudon with a rather strong Draco Meteor. Dialga is also a nuisance that it hits since Mewtwo is forgoing Focus Blast here for the ability to better chip away at Aegislash and do tons of damage to Ghostceus and Giratina-O with Shadow Ball. Groudon and Giratina-O are no surprise here, but i do run a bit of Attck on Groudon just to make sure Precipice Blades hits Xerneas into E-Killer range with Speed enough to catch most Ho-Oh. Thunder Wave is carried for the eons and Arceus-Ghost so that Giratina-O might have an easier time handling them. Darkrai is tricky, but you can either be ballsy with mewtwo, or sleep something unimportant to the match up and aroma it later once Darkrai has passed. After the sleep is still tricky, but its not unmanageable in the slightest. groudon has Defense investment > SpD in order to help out Giratina-O when it is called upon too since Gira is pretty easily overwhelmed on this team. The thing I don't like is that Zekrom is a stand alone TW abuser, in other works, there is nothing else that can really make full use of it on the team, and gives the team a potential fourth endgame route which is always nice to have.

Last edited:

haxiom

God's not dead.
If any changes need to be made or last entries submitted, please make them today! I will be ending the round this evening (so in like ~9-10 hours).

haxiom

God's not dead.
Okay! It is time to begin the voting phase. We'll end this on Friday I guess, though if the amount of votes is still steady then I may extend it a day. Here are the entries for Round 1 of the Ubers Teambuilding Competition:

PomMan:
TheNewMeta:
steelphoenix:
Fireburn:
WreckDra:

Voting starts now. A few reminders: 1) don't vote for your own team, and 2) try not to bandwagon but I understand that it is mostly inevitable. Vote for one team. Feel free to provide reasoning, but it is not required.

orch
Thugly Duckling

Have fun, and good luck to all participants!

might be a bit too late but i'll just post my attempt anyway

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Volt Switch
- Draco Meteor

Xerneas @ Power Herb
EVs: 200 Def / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 112 Atk / 252 SpA / 144 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Dragon Tail

Salamence @ Salamencite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Body Slam
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Roost

Ho-Oh @ Life Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Atk / 52 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Thunder Wave

Arceus @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

I feel the main draw of zek is just a good old fashioned scarf set designated to clean with bolt strikes after grounds are gone. That and that zekrom is a nice check to kyogre which grants me a bit of room to run slow water weak mons with additional checks to kyogre than the mandatory primal groudon. This team in particular uses xern to chip on groudon as well as overheat donner to pop groundceus/gliscor/lando-t. Otherwise nothing much to add really

haxiom

God's not dead.
PSA: Don't vote for Hack's team. I kinda wish I could let it go but to be honest I can't set a precedent for late submissions as it would be bad for the competition as a whole.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)