SV Ubers Ubers Team

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I've really been enjoying the Uber tier thus far and I think I'm starting to figure out the meta. I've made this second team for the tier that's been mostly decent and would like some help

:landorus-therian::ting-lu::arceus-grass::zacian-crowned::eternatus::miraidon:

:leftovers::sv/miraidon::leftovers:
Trigon (Miraidon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpA / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Calm Mind
- Electro Drift
- Dragon Pulse​

This team was built around this Miraidon set because it looked a lot of fun. From its analysis page, I just put a bit more EVs into speed just for safety against whatever nonsense I must find. The tera type is the important part here and I chose steel. The idea of this team is to weaken opposing Ting Lu to around half health, or burn Clodsire, and this thing auto wins. The tera steel is to turn usual weaknesses like fairy Arceus or Eternatus or even opposing Miraidon that just dropped a draco. Using tera on these targets is the main strategy because that will allow Miraidon to get either agility or calm mind and on the next turn, get the other boost and thus end the game then and there. My two options for the tera type was either poison or steel because I don't want to get poisoned. I ultimately chose steel because that allows me to turn opposing dragon types into setup fodder

:leftovers::sv/ting-lu::leftovers:
Parallax (Ting-Lu) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ruination
- Whirlwind​

The next mon is the obligatory opposing Miraidon check. There's really no other choice than this pokemon because Miraidon is crazy strong. This time, I put more EVs into speed because the one thing I learned about ubers is that this is literally a taunt wars tier. Everything that can learn taunt will almost always have taunt and the hazard war is just that important because only Giratina is a reliable remover and it won't be on every team. I do sacrifice earthquake but the ability to not allow opposing Ting Lu to set up hazards is well worth it. It's tera type is water because I'm not really sure what to use and when in doubt, use either steel, fairy, or water, teras

:rusted sword::sv/zacian-crowned::rusted sword:
Mordru (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Swords Dance
- Behemoth Blade​

For this next mon, I needed a fairy type because Ting Lu can't eat dracos all day. I was thinking about Arceus but I figured I need more firepower and speed and this doggo provides both. Zacian is also a strong physical attacker which can really help break down the special walls that annoy Miraidon. For its tera type, I chose flying so that I can use this to beat dd ground Arceus. As you'll see soon, that thing can easily be a pain for this team. This is a last resort because ideally, the game would end long before dd Arceus becomes too out of control. Now, for it's last move, I simply chose wild charge as a filler move. I didn't really need a fourth move and the ability to destroy Kyogre is always welcome. I hate rain so I hate Kyogre

:rocky helmet::sv/landorus-therian::rocky helmet:
Kalibak (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock​

The next one is something to stave off Zacian. If my own Zacian is a threat then that means opposing Zacians are too. Oh, and speaking of opposing Zacian, that is also another pokemon that I ideally want my Miraidon to turn into setup fodder by using tera into steel. Anyways, Landorus is here because it can temporarily slow down Zacian. The keyword is temporarily because this thing ain't no Skeledirge. I originally wanted Groudon on the team because it has access to wisp but, after realizing the painful truth, my team is just earthquake spam. As such, this mon was the only one that could help against Zacian. Though at the very least, Landorus also learns taunt so more taunts. That's how ubers go anyway. Spam taunt every chance you get. It's tera type is ground because I never set it. This thing has no business using tera anyway so I saw no reason to set it to something

:meadow plate::sv/arceus-grass::meadow plate:
Anti Monitor (Arceus) @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 160 SpD / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Recover
- Judgment
- Will-O-Wisp​

For this next one, I needed an Arceus form. It's almost mandatory at this point to have god himself grace your team. The problem is what type and I ultimately chose grass because Kyogre. I hate Kyogre. I originally wanted water type Arceus but that accomplished very little and I just get thundered to death. At least with grass, ice beam won't hurt that much. The more important reason here is ground Arceus. My team just gets destroyed by ground Arceus so something that resists ground was extremely necessary. It also comes with a handy electric resist so I can use this to scout what opposing Miraidons are up to. Once more, taunt spam because ubers is taunt spam. Any pokemon that has taunt probably has and will use taunt. The EV spread is just from Arceus' analysis page but I focused more on special defense because my main target is Kyogre anyway. For its tera type, I chose ghost because this also serves as my emergency check to opposing extreme killers that get out of hand. Those things can be a massive threat and while it isn't ideal, something that checks it is highly necessary

:heavy-duty boots::sv/eternatus::heavy-duty boots:
Blight (Eternatus) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Dynamax Cannon​

Have I mentioned that I hate Kyogre? Well, I haven't mentioned it enough because I still hate it and its rain. What I really wanted for this slot was a poison type. I wanted something that can remove toxic spikes and, well, this thing also deals with Kyogre and it can deal quite a bit of damage. As such, I chose to add it on the team. I'm a bit on the fence on whether this pokemon is better over Clodsire but considering this pokemon isn't complete taunt bait, I ultimately chose to go with this. Also, it looks way cooler than Clodsire so there's that. I just took its EV spread from its analysis page and the tera is water because it's a reliable tera type. There's no harm in going water. I am a bit on the fence on whether I should use sludge bomb over flamethrower though because flamethrower was meant to be for Zacian and my team doesn't really have a problem with it and I also intend it to be setup fodder for Miraidon. With sludge bomb, I can kill opposing fairy Arceus and Flutter Mane but I haven't tried it yet

Threats

If there is one pokemon that really unnerves me in team preview, it is ground :arceus:. I just hate this thing and I feel that I don't have much options to deal with it. Even grass Arceus doesn't calm my nerves at all

Extreme killer :arceus: is also another threat if I'm not careful because the team isn't really built to handle it. Even if I tera steel with Miraidon, that thing does way too much damage for comfort

The last mon that I really hate is :iron bundle:. God I hate this thing and it really just pisses me off to see it especially in conjunction with those stupid Kyogre + Basculegion last respects bs. Setting up rocks isn't even easy because those nonsense teams have taunt ghost Arceus as their leads. I can play around this specific team but on teams that don't use this structure, Delibird is annoying. It makes me hate christmas more than I already do

Replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1916629464-oifjfi4qb54gpxe6rnomb1byaynbnthpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1916643928-5bjaqfm7d4vuxft8lx1wo55rkommihwpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1916735693-a6i4iwjf2koog35jvfgud1y1ihpp6qjpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1917087269-1il4c2op4t9l7b7bsi14n5a1y2cgxq9pw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1917136808-nxuvfgz23wp4zr6re4waikrgvqs1pjqpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1917139723-c7sc9w2uteigakmh1g4ihjao23esvkhpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ubers-1917249859-ncs7v83qmokpjz52rpenj5x9xb36l52pw

----

So, that's it. If anyone can help me with the team, that would be great. Thanks

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
So, I think the base of this team is done pretty well and I fully see what you’re going for. As an Ubers main I’ll give improving this thing a shot. I’ll mainly try to address the threats on your threatlist.

But first, I’ll address this:
The last mon that I really hate is :iron bundle:.
Trust me, this is not something you need to prep for unless you’re playing in a tour and you believe that your opponent will load Bundle specifically to counter team you. Bundle looks threatening on paper but isn’t that good in practice. This is because its base 124 Special Attack and the low power of Freeze-Dry tends to let it down.

Now then, onto the changes!

:ting-lu:
Earthquake > Taunt

Imo Ting-Lu should only ever use Taunt when you’re counter teaming someone for a tour. Ting-Lu needs a LOT of speed to be an effective user of Taunt, and that compromises too much bulk that Ting-Lu would normally really need. Also, Ting-Lu doesn’t actually check Miraidon without Earthquake at all.

:koraidon: > :zacian-crowned:

This team seems pretty passive with how it is now, in part because it doesn’t have any pivoting. You also mentioned hating Kyogre and I tend to agree, so I think you’d greatly appreciate Koraidon’s sun opposing Kyogre’s rain. I’d recommend the standard Choice Scarf set.

Koraidon @ :choice scarf:
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

1691769316548.png
>
1691769286983.png

You didn’t think I’d forget about a Fairy did ya? Replacing Zacian with Koraidon gives you significantly more FIREpower (not sorry) plus I just think Grassceus is bad in general. I’d recommend running this set:

Arceus-Fairy @ :pixie plate:
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Taunt
- Recover

This thing really wants Taunt to stop enemy Fairyceus from getting a million free Calm Minds, so that’s why it has max Speed. For reasons that I’ll make apparent shortly, I put Stealth Rock here. Judgment and Recover should be self-explanatory, and max HP allows this thing to take a Specs Mirai Electro Drift in a pinch.

:giratina-origin: > :landorus-therian:

And this is why I put rocks on Fairyceus. This team HATES hazard stacking teams, which is the dominant style in SV right now. You also mentioned not having a good matchup vs Groundceus and Ekiller, and Gira can help with all of that. I recommend this set:

Giratina-Origin @ :griseous core:
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 40 SpA / 48 SpD / 16 Spe
Tera Type: Steel
Modest Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Tail
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

This set is nearly identical to the Physical Utility set, but with Hex over Earthquake and 40 Special Attack and Modest over 40 Attack and Adamant. I wasn’t sure whether I liked Will-O-Wisp or Thunder Wave on Gira more on this team, so I would say you can try out both and decide for yourself. Tera Steel keeps the Espeed resistance, which is great vs Ekiller and the rare Espeed Groundceus. Also gives Gira an Ice resist which lets Gira sit on CM Groundceus.

:toxapex: > :eternatus:

Since I replaced Lando with Gira, I now needed a Zacian switch in, and I think Toxapex is the best here. It absorbs Tspikes, can set up Tspikes itself, can Haze obnoxious boosters, the standard Pex stuff. I’d use this set:

Toxapex @ :rocky helmet:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Infestation

All other pex sets are fake af imo this is the only good set. Infestation traps stuff that don’t wanna be trapped like Korai and Zacian. Both Toxic and Tspikes are good, so again, you can test both and decide which one you like more.

Implementing all these changes results in a team like this:

Modified Team

So, those are all the changes I made! Please do feel free to inquire about anything! I hope you enjoy the team, and have a wonderful day!

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
So, those are all the changes I made! Please do feel free to inquire about anything! I hope you enjoy the team, and have a wonderful day!
Hey, thanks for the advice. I'd like to ask a couple things and point out something

But first, I’ll address this:

Trust me, this is not something you need to prep for unless you’re playing in a tour and you believe that your opponent will load Bundle specifically to counter team you. Bundle looks threatening on paper but isn’t that good in practice. This is because its base 124 Special Attack and the low power of Freeze-Dry tends to let it down.
True but the problem is the uber ladder is just short of hell right now. Unless you've made it to like nearly 1600s, you get matched up with 1400 or lower elo players and these guys keep spamming some annoying Arceus Ghost + Kyogre + Rayquaza + Basculegion + Delibird teams that is just so cancerous. My previous rmt had such a problem against this kind of teams. It wasn't an auto lose since I figured out how to deal with this team but it never changed the fact that Delibird gives me so much grief

:koraidon: > :zacian-crowned:

This team seems pretty passive with how it is now, in part because it doesn’t have any pivoting. You also mentioned hating Kyogre and I tend to agree, so I think you’d greatly appreciate Koraidon’s sun opposing Kyogre’s rain. I’d recommend the standard Choice Scarf set.

Koraidon @ :choice scarf:
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz

:toxapex: > :eternatus:

Since I replaced Lando with Gira, I now needed a Zacian switch in, and I think Toxapex is the best here. It absorbs Tspikes, can set up Tspikes itself, can Haze obnoxious boosters, the standard Pex stuff. I’d use this set:

Toxapex @ :rocky helmet:
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Haze
- Toxic / Toxic Spikes
- Infestation

All other pex sets are fake af imo this is the only good set. Infestation traps stuff that don’t wanna be trapped like Korai and Zacian. Both Toxic and Tspikes are good, so again, you can test both and decide which one you like more.
So, if I understood this right, my game plan for Kyogre now would be to use pex as a switch in and make a guess on what set it runs and if it's safe for Koraidon to then switch in, preferably via a thunder that has a high chance of missing? Without grass Arceus or Eternatus, this team does seem to be free water spouts if Koraidon gets worn down too much

---

What does the spread on Giratina accomplish?

And out of curiosity, how much speed does Ting Lu need to run to be a good taunt user?

OreoSpeedruns

Embrace the wonders within.
is a Tiering Contributor
I personally haven’t played against Bundle so idk what to really do against it, but I do know Fairyceus can eat up any hit and OHKO back with Judgment. Koraidon can also revenge with Flare Blitz, Tera Mirai sits on Bundle, etc. Bundle does run through your defensive core but your offensive mons have enough material to threaten it.

So, if I understood this right, my game plan for Kyogre now would be to use pex as a switch in and make a guess on what set it runs and if it's safe for Koraidon to then switch in, preferably via a thunder that has a high chance of missing? Without grass Arceus or Eternatus, this team does seem to be free water spouts if Koraidon gets worn down too much
It depends on what’s needed and what‘s not. Depending on the matchup, the better switch would be either Gira or Pex. Preserving HP on Gira is super important if there is an Ekiller or a Groundceus, so in that matchup Pex is most definitely the better switch. In a matchup where the big threats are Korai and/or Zacian, I’d say go Gira. Once you make the switch and the Kyogre makes its move, get in whatever is best to take that move; if it’s Ice Beam it’ll be Pex, otherwise it’s Koraidon.

Regardless of which one you switch in, if the Kyogre uses Substitute, you need to go to Koraidon instantly. Then, you want to U-turn to Ting-Lu (Ice Beam doesn’t 2HKO) and Whirlwind. Sub Ogre is a very dangerous mon and you don’t want it setting up a million Calm Minds on you.

What does the spread on Giratina accomplish?

And out of curiosity, how much speed does Ting Lu need to run to be a good taunt user?
The spread lives +1 Zacian’s Play Rough from full which can be useful if you need to burn/paralyze it in a pinch. It also doesn’t get 2HKOed by Scarf Ogre’s Ice Beam.

Ting-Lu needs 180 Speed at minimum. This is so it can outspeed Corviknight, which otherwise has a completely free Defog on Ting-Lu. This compromises too much bulk that Ting-Lu needs to be viable.

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
I personally haven’t played against Bundle so idk what to really do against it, but I do know Fairyceus can eat up any hit and OHKO back with Judgment. Koraidon can also revenge with Flare Blitz, Tera Mirai sits on Bundle, etc. Bundle does run through your defensive core but your offensive mons have enough material to threaten it.
Yeah, I pretty much have to go on the offensive against the Delibrd with this team. That's one of the reasons I chose steel on Miraidon so I can use it as setup fodder as well

It depends on what’s needed and what‘s not. Depending on the matchup, the better switch would be either Gira or Pex. Preserving HP on Gira is super important if there is an Ekiller or a Groundceus, so in that matchup Pex is most definitely the better switch. In a matchup where the big threats are Korai and/or Zacian, I’d say go Gira. Once you make the switch and the Kyogre makes its move, get in whatever is best to take that move; if it’s Ice Beam it’ll be Pex, otherwise it’s Koraidon.

Regardless of which one you switch in, if the Kyogre uses Substitute, you need to go to Koraidon instantly. Then, you want to U-turn to Ting-Lu (Ice Beam doesn’t 2HKO) and Whirlwind. Sub Ogre is a very dangerous mon and you don’t want it setting up a million Calm Minds on you.
I see. That makes sense. I'm kinda feeling that the revised team is more fast paced than the original one so this fits

The spread lives +1 Zacian’s Play Rough from full which can be useful if you need to burn/paralyze it in a pinch. It also doesn’t get 2HKOed by Scarf Ogre’s Ice Beam.

Ting-Lu needs 180 Speed at minimum. This is so it can outspeed Corviknight, which otherwise has a completely free Defog on Ting-Lu. This compromises too much bulk that Ting-Lu needs to be viable.
Oh wow, I didn't even think Giratina would be capable of eating anything from Zacian nor would Ting Lu need to outrun Corviknight

Thanks for the replies. Will test out the team soon

Oh wow, I didn't even think Giratina would be capable of eating anything from Zacian
You can even go with this Giratina spread that survives the same stuff and will be faster than paralyzed Scarf Kyogre, most opposing Giratina and non-boosting nature Magearna and Gothitelle.

EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 56 Spe

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 148 Def Giratina-Origin: 422-500 (84.2 - 99.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 32 SpD Giratina-Origin: 212-250 (42.3 - 49.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
i think no speed taunt is fine tbh that much speed make you weak just predict corv switchin and taunt
Yeah, that's what I figured too since that was part of why I put taunt in the first place. It was meant to try and limit opposing spikes and if I can't, then both of us die to spikes

You can even go with this Giratina spread that survives the same stuff and will be faster than paralyzed Scarf Kyogre, most opposing Giratina and non-boosting nature Magearna and Gothitelle.

EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 32 SpA / 32 SpD / 56 Spe

+1 252 Atk Zacian-Crowned Play Rough vs. 240 HP / 148 Def Giratina-Origin: 422-500 (84.2 - 99.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Kyogre Ice Beam vs. 240 HP / 32 SpD Giratina-Origin: 212-250 (42.3 - 49.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
The problem is I don't have ways to paralyze Kyogre. I prefer wisp over twave anyday since I don't need that kind of speed control when I have scarf Koraidon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)