Tournament Ubers Premier League IX - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 6.26.31 PM.png

Won in a great game against big bro SparksBlade https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen6ubers-564728

Once, a long time ago, there was a wise ORAS Ubers master. People from far and near would seek his counsel and ask for his wisdom. Many would come and ask him to teach them, enlighten them in the way of ORAS Ubers. He seldom turned any away. One day an important man, a man used to command and obedience came to visit the master. “I have come today to ask you to teach me about ORAS Ubers. Open my mind to enlightenment.” The tone of the important man’s voice was one used to getting his own way.

The ORAS Ubers master smiled and said that they should discuss the matter over a cup of tea. When the tea was served the master poured his visitor a cup. He poured and he poured and the tea rose to the rim and began to spill over the table and finally onto the robes of the wealthy man. Finally the visitor shouted, “never lucky!”

The master stopped pouring and smiled at his guest. “You are like this tea cup, so full that nothing more can be added. Come back to me when the cup is empty. Come back to me with an empty mind.” - The JT Yao Vision

Thank you for everyone who believed in me and gave me the chance to participate in this tour. I've probably said this a bunch of times, but my Most Wanted performance really demoralized me as a player. With that tour + personal irl issues, I always felt that I'd lose every major competitive tour game. Winning today's game with such little time to prep was something that truly helped my confidence out. I'd like to give a couple of shoutouts (apologies if I forgot anyone or if this post ends up being way too long).

To steelskitty and squinn! Thank you both for drafting me and making my first UPL such a memorable experience. I've had a great time with the Bandits, and look forward to supporting our team a lot more in future weeks! To Aishia and Ismakhil for being Day 1 Believers in the ORAS JT Yao Vision. Ayu (aka Bichota), you're actually GOATED! To dream and Lacus Clyne, you have been genuine gratitude and appreciation for helping me fit right into the team! I love talking about NBA with you Dream, and would like to learn more about K Pop and what a baddie Chung Ha is! To Fogbound Lake for testing SS always, you're a really great player to play against and I can't wait to see you comeback in future week! To little bro Indercover who believes in the JT Yao Vision. You're like the Luka Doncic of UPL, young but by the end, you'll be a player everyone knows about. To Catalystic and DNNP for keeping me in check whenever I say dumb and stupid things. It's good practice to keep myself more grounded. To Aberforth, we're gonna cook up some real heat in the coming weeks. I can feel it! And to the rest of the Bandits, thanks for being awesome in general.

And for everyone who wasn't on the Bandits and believed in the JT Yao Vision, know that I love you all! BasedWhat?, Basedburner, SiTuM and Manaphy! I always enjoy our late night convos! To Lasen and Reje, thank you for tolerating my excessive personality. I look up to you both, and can't wait for our teams to finally square up next week. To my main man iry, you're the most optimistic person I've ever met. Extremely kind-hearted and brilliant, I'm truly glad to have gotten the chance to talk with you! To SuperEpicAmpharos, Fc, TrueNora, Luna's Banned now, Zesty43, cromagnet, Fardin, Edgar, Goat Heart ♥, Staxi, Skysolo, KyogreF4N, and the rest of the goons in my cord, keep stunting on these hoes and believe in the JT Yao Vision! To Eledyr, you were the goat tutee, and I promise you we will team up in a tour together in the future. To King Billu, thank you for being one of the best friends I could have made on this site. You're really cool and helped me work out my differences with the player I'm about to mention. My final shoutout goes to 64 Squares! I've been nothing but rude and crass to him in the past, and I'd like to apologize once again. 64, you're probably one of the best old gens players I've ever seen. More than anything, the way you utilize your timer really impacted my play style. Slowing down when playing helped me think about my moves very carefully before clicking. It honestly came in clutch, because I honestly thought I was screwed in my game. I need to learn to use my timer more intelligently in the future, but today was a truly great day.

Edit: Here are some more funny tidbits from today's game. I'm sure I shaved off a few years of Lacus's and Ayu's life, along with Cata's brain cells I did not realize my Ogre had Sleep Talk instead of CM until like Turn 38 whoops...
Edit 2: Good job FatFighter2! Young goat asserting his dominance and fighting obesity all in one. Shoutouts benbe, CKW, and Paradise Seeker since I forgot. My bad, ily all!

Screen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.03.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-06 at 5.04.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-06-06 at 3.14.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)