Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 10 SpA / 0 Spe
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Protect
- Belly Drum

basically snorlax is here as my main TR abuser. he's pretty slow and can set up fast in 1 turn and bounce his health back with berry. usually i lead with lax and mimikyu as my lead and protect on lax turn 1 while i set TR so i can gurantee to get a belly drum off at least. turn 3 if i think i can live for a couple turns i am free to dynamax and sweep and hopefully get my berry back (g-max replenish is 50% chance to grant the berry back if consumed). some things that counter this lead if i predict poorly is foul play after the belly drum, grimsnarl comes to mind. another thing that counters this lead is actually a max knuckle 4 boosted beat up justify combo, aka Lucario. believe it or not you actually have to put quite a bit of bulk into snorlax to survive that THROUGH PROTECT, which is part of the reason I chose to keep the bulkier EV spread. I haven't actually ran the calc because it looks like max knuckle isn't hitting through protect on the damage calc on showdown but in my matchup where it happened I barely survived with a sliver of health through a 4 boost max knuckle through protect. Luckily trick room will almost always get off if they are using that combo. The EV spread is ripped from a gen 7 trick room set so it could probably use tweaking for the new meta. I wouldn't mind trying more bulk on him and maybe even a defensive nature. Body slam instead of double edge because paralyze hax have won me a couple battles and I don't like the recoil on double edge. Crunch is there because I have stacked a ghost weakness on my team so it provides a counter to that.

Mimikyu @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw

in general my main TR setter because he can almost always get it off with disguise. If i can get better at predicting i may swap one move for destiny bond but so far I have enjoyed the moves he has and the options he has to attack after setting. Babiri berry lets him take an iron head but I'm not quite sure if he would survive a max steelspike from certain pokemon. many people's answer to trick room so far has been to imprison trick room and most of those are weak to ghost. Indeedee is the issue with ghost moves as they are immune with normal typing, in which case if i am planning on playing around the imprison outside of trick room payback could actually offer a great counter to that. neutral damage on gardevoir but if mim goes last it's at least still hitting for 100.

Hatterene @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire

hatterene is my backup setter and sometimes it's great to bring both setters if i think it will be a longer battle or if mim gets imprisoned I can set TR later once the imprisoner is feinted, that's actually how I won my first ever showdown single elimination tourney yesterday by saccing mim to imprison gard and setting TR midway later. (also thanks to some clutch para hax from bodyslam on my opponents steel mon) or if i just need to bring some fairy coverage for nice spread damage. mystical fire is there strickly to cover ferrothorn and other steel types but usually torkoal is the better answer to ferrothorn since they at least tie in speed within trickroom. Honestly I just threw on life orb because I felt someone needed to hold one and she has beast SpA so i thought it would be good on her. Farming her 0 speed in Gmax form sounds awful in game so I probably won't consider gmax form for the switch unless she gets an event at least, although the confusion sounds really nice on her special move. I have had a couple matches where they burn spam my lax so I could easily swap her in for magic bounce on the second WoW if i know they have it.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch

Conkeldurr is there mainly to handle opposing snorlaxes. Mach punch has come in super handy if TR expires to snipe a kill. hammer arm is for within trick room. Rock slide is just for neutral spread coverage if I don't think I can predict a protect. Ice punch is to counter bulky ground types that counter torkoal. again this EV spread was taken from an old tier and probably needs to be modernized but it seems like he can take at least 1 maybe 2 dazzling gleams before feinting with this spread and assault vest which I really like about him. I probably need to run a calc on a +2 dazzling gleam from togekiss or his max fairy move. Gut's provides another status soak to WoW abusers on my snorlax and that seems more valuable to me than iron fist right now. I considered sheer force to give him the life orb instead of Hat, but in the end I like assault vest too much right now.

Ferrothorn @ Occa Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 120 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off
- Bulldoze

Ferrothorn is really slow and I like that about him. He is really here to protect torkoal against bulky ground water types with power whip and of course gyroball is great against fairies although some of the fairies in Galar have really low speed which lowers G ball's power. Knock off can be used to remove any berries or crucial items on the opposing team or deal with other ghost and psychic types. Bulldoze was put there to maybe stand a chance against pure fire types within trick room if i'm forced into a face off against one. against torkoal speed is a tie in trick room if they are max slow speed which is a scary gamble. Again these EV's are out of date and it probably needs to be modernized. I've been careful not to get hit with firemoves so I haven't really seen how much fire punishment ferro can take in game with the Occa berry but I think its good if I can survive a firemons flame thrower and go for a 2HKO within trick room with bulldoze. so that's probably what I would aim for with a new ev spread if I made one against certain counters.

Torkoal @ Charcoal
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect

I was suggested this guy on my team in the showdown chat when I was building it and I have been really pleased with him. Not much can out speed him in trickroom which means he almost always gets is massive eruption off within trickroom barring a nasty water jet. Honestly haven't even used solar beam on him yet but its there to stand a chance and surprise bulky water ground types within trick room sun but it makes him weaker if he loses weather wars on a rain team, but if I get the weather right it will weaken those moves with drought which is super nice. Heat wave if he is weakened for easy spread damage. I usually prefer to bring him in late like the last couple turns of trick room or after a new trick room goes down as a surprise after his threats have been eliminated to clean up.

Overall I have really enjoyed the synergy of this team. I usually prefer to bring both setters but if there is crucial coverage I need to bring I will usually drop hatenna for a counter. Mimikyu is almost always my main setter.

Anyway this is my first RMT that I can remember. Hope you enjoy my team!

*edit*

so I ran some damage calcs for ferrothorn and it looks like most hits from togekiss are 2HKO from flamethrower or an unboosted max flare even. Gyro ball will OHKO speedy togekiss but if togekiss is max defense it looks like gyroball will be a 2HKO putting her in range of say a mach punch KO or maybe a rock slide. 140 SpD with Occa berry and 252 HP guarantees I survive a +2 flamethrower if togekiss is timid, and if she is timid gyroball should be a OHKO.

On conkeldur it looks like even a life orb max SpA hatterne is a 2HKO from Dazzling gleam, however a +2 air slash from togekiss is 70% chance to OHKO which isn't great. I think max SpD gets it down to 50%. unboosted max airstreams and max starfalls from timid togekiss is a 2HKO which i'm happy about.

I'll try to run some calcs on snorlax later, that's the last one i wasn't sure about EV spreads.

Last edited:
i think i'm allowed one bump?

quick update on the EV spreads:

Snorlax is now relaxed with 244 HP/ 252 Def/16 atk. This is to survive conkeldurs hammer arm after a berry drum post berry (I'm taking the hammer arm at I believe at 83.3% health at this point after the belly drum). So even at a 100% hammer arm I should survive with a sliver of health (I believe this calc was running guts, iron fist is a little more scary). I didn't really have any offensive damage calcs in mind that I lost a OHKO on except maybe duraludon who resists gmax replenish but I have better answers to him with torkoal or conkeldur anyway.

Conkeldur is now 252 atk/252 SpD. I believe i ran a dazzling gleam calc or something where I actually needed the remaining SpD EV's to avoid the OHKO so I just went with the more standard special bulky assault vest EV spread.

Ferrothorn: I forgot where I pulled his EV spread from in the OP but it seems to still be relevant. Jolly Arcanine flare blitz is still a 2HKO. heat wave from torkoal in the sun is a 2HKO. I forgot how haterne's mystic fire hit but I think it was still a 2HKO (I think). It could maybe use some slight tweaking by a couple points in one direction or the other but overall I like the balance in ferro's current EV spread upon further review.

BIG EDIT

Sorry for another double post but basically i'm editing the team as I went through online ranked play with a regular belly drum lax and wanted to put my own imput for TR teams in the current wi fi meta (it felt a lot different than on showdown to me but i played way more on wi fi than showdown)

okay so I got to rank 8 i think in ranked battles (while forgetting to feed my pokemon dynamax candy lmao) and yea the meta in ranked felt a little different than in show down. mimyku was getting double targeted a lot more at higher ranks and even with babiri berry my mim just can't handle a max steelpike and get the TR off when it is obvious to people what my win condition is. (and there are a lot of excadrill leads in the ranked meta. he is everywhere) So having said that I may end up dropping mimyku for this guy (and probably scarfing indeedee as a backup setter):

Oranguru @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Symbiosis
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Serious Nature
- Instruct
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Protect

basically I lead with belly lax and this guy oranguru from what i have seen can really take a lot of punishment from both ends. my opponents oranguru survived a draco meteor from my dragapult and max steelspike from my excadrill in one turn. dragapult was max spatk but excadrill had very litte attack investment and was built a little bulkier. so attack investment would have netted a KO before TR with the double target but still it lived a max steel spike and draco meteor to get off TR, kind of nuts.

as for ability, symbiosis, as soon as lax bellies which i'm gonna play around with on turn 1 now, either way as long as he lives oranguru will give back the berry when snorlax eats his. then trick room which is last priority. Not exactly sure which berry max replenish will restore but i've given them essentially the same berry but different, if it's a gamble with replenish then you could have some fun RNG roles lol. Then once trick room is down instruct can be used on snorlax to attack twice in one turn to break through either resisted wall threats at max health or break sashes. I am uncertain how the game handles this mechanic with d max moves and their effects if you get two boosts in one turn from stats berry replenish etc. but it has potential to be kind of broken if your teammate isn't prepared if that's actually how it works.

there's also this guy that could combo with oranguru:

Greedent @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
Level: 50
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs

honestly i feel like he is a poor mans g-max snorlax but he might be viable before Gmax goes live in ranked and people will definitely be wondering wtf is greedent doing on a team unless they've seen it before.

so yea I'm currently mulling over my team a bit but still open to suggestions.

thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)