Done Toggle Formats viewable in Challenge and Ladder

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Not sure if this has been posted yet but I can't seem to find it, so here I am!

I was wondering if it would be possible to filter by Generation/Tier, or possibly only have official "mainstream" formats visible. Hell, individual filtering would be crisp. It can be difficult to navigate through the formats you actually want to play, as there's a lot of clutter. I don't think many would object to this, as it's a common complaint I've heard from many people both casual and die-hard competitive.

The Challenge feature especially is a bit of a mess, it takes up my entire 2nd monitor and then some which is a nightmare to work with;
1582714883636.png

Most of these, personally, I don't play. I stick around with the latest generation, Gen 7 Ubers/OU, Gen 2 OU, Gen 1 OU, and Stadium OU in the rare case someone plays. However, I know some do play the other formats, and would probably want them to stick around. I know LGPE has a dedicated community, for example. So filtering on the user end would be a great way to alleviate this for convenience rather than having to look through all of...this. Given the headers on there, I don't think it would be too difficult? Perhaps start there?

So overall, I have these to request in regards to sorting/filtering, namely what comes to mind when I think about it;
  • Ability to strike-off individual formats the user doesn't play (likely the best way to go about all of this)
  • Ability to automatically filter by Singles/Doubles/etc
  • Ability to automatically filter by Generation (so if you play Gen 8, 7 and 1 you could only see those formats)
  • Ability to automatically filter out certain "categories" (eg. Random, Monotype, VGC, etc)
I think this feature would be helpful in a future sense given we're likely getting generations more quickly than before these days, and it could make hosting more formats on the client easier. I've seen many discussions about adding ladders that fall flat due to there not being enough space, and this could theoretically improve that aspect. If a new ladder is added, simply have it unfiltered with a "new" tag or something perhaps? I think there is a huge amount of potential for this that could make PS far more streamlined.

I'm sure there's a better way to go about this that you all can think of, though. If this is already a thread, feel free to call me blind and delete/lock this:psynervous:

EDIT 1: Added some extra things that came to mind. Also made it more coherent, I still suck at these sorts of posts.

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
If I may add to this, perhaps a solution would be a toggle option to only display tiers and metagames you have a team for? (As well as custom game formats, obviously.)
This would be a good alternative at the very least. It feels weird seeing all these formats I haven't even made teams for be linked lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)