To the Stars - Team Starforce [Screening Justinawe| MetaGross66 Joint RMT]

Introduction | The Beginning

Hello, Smogon! You guys probably don't know me and that's because I'm not that active here, but I am a competitive battler well-known on another website. I'm here to bring in the form of a neatly presented RMT what just might be the most successful team I have used in all my 2 years of battling, and all of it was possible thanks to Justinawe! Enough about me, let's get to the RMT.

Metagame analysis | Step 1

The metagame right now is currently leaning towards a bulky offensive style. With Pokemon like Scizor and Salamence high up in usage, the style will continue to be popular. Frail offense has fallen massively due to the rise in Scizor and all of the bulky offense teams out there. I think that in the coming months, bulky offense will still continue to stay on top. Semistall teams have also been popular, and a rise in those may seem some use as well. When Shoddy 2 comes out, there will be even more metagame changes with Doubles becoming one of the main styles of play after Singles. The possibilities are truly endless in a metagame like Pokemon.

Solution | Step 2

I have noticed an increase in bulky offense and with that, I, along with Justinawe, have come to the conclusion that dual screen utilizing teams become ideal in the fight against teams of this kind not only because of their surprise value, but also the effects of the brother and sister moves as they double defenses depending on the screen. I'm emphasizing this because people on another forum happened to ignore this fact when rating my original team. It's amazing because we were correct and my CRE (Justinawe couldn't help with testing) definitely serves to prove that having been 1570 at one point (#19), but school caught me and hax was just too abundant. After having met him with his dual screen team (weird because I was using one back in late September/early October), I decided to partner up with him to come with a successful and surprising team that is capable of ripping the currently bland metagame wide open through the use of monstrous defense coupled with horrendously ridiculous attacking power.

Team Building: A Vital Process | Step 3

First off we started constructing this team through a unique choice as I usually do with teams I make. I knew I wanted a dual screen team so Azelf was my choice able to set it up fast, prevent SR from being set up and set it up itself.

@ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

With this Pokemon in mind, I decided to build a list of common leads. Our list consisted of:

- Aerodactyl: It taunts me and prevents any set up.
- Roserade: Roserade plays mind games with me, but the outcome is usually favorable.
- Gliscor/Jirachi: I can't take it out so I usually reflect as it U-turns expecting a taunt. (always happens oddly). Jirachi is taunted. If Iron head goes first (40%-50% damage btw) then I switch, otherwise, I set up screens.
- Metagross: It always meteor mashes first so I reflect. The next turn is tricky, though as I either get up both screens or I waste a turn taunting it for fear of it setting up SR. However, most set up SR the turn after so I taunt and then set up my SR as it meteor mashes.
- Infernape/Heatran: Simply set up light screen on both as they will almost always fire blast. Then, proceed from there.
- Tyranitar: This is arguably the most troubling to Azelf so I need a way to handle it. I just set up both screens surviving a pursuit or crunch under reflect.

With the perfect support I need a pokemon to take out the premier threat: Tyranitar.

- Machamp:
Ah, the biggest threat a T-tar can face. Sadly, I find it too slow to my liking and would prefer a pokemon with more speed and power.

- Breloom:
This thing is so beastly, I had to try it out, and I did, but found it lacking.

- Lucario:
Perfect! It's unique. Most people look at it's offensive powers, but I aim to see it in a different way. It's base 70 defenses and screens combined with its plethora of resistances make it perfect, and thus my first sweeper is born. What really sold me was its ability to survive an boosted/unboosted (depending on EVs) EQ under screens.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 86 HP/240 Atk/184 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

EV spread?

We really needed an EV spread and so we made one. The 240 attack gives it a chance to OHKO swampert after SR damage dealing:

(94.55% - 111.63%)

That's how much Luke does to Max/Max Swampert with CC after an SD. He needs a minimum of 240 attack EVs to pull that off.

We also wanted to do as much damage to Latias as possible.

+2 Extremespeed to 128/0 Latias:

700 Atk vs 216 Def & 333 HP (80 Base Power): 241 - 284 (72.37% - 85.29%)

4/0 Latias:

700 Atk vs 216 Def & 302 HP (80 Base Power): 241 - 284 (79.80% - 94.04%)

So, instead of maxing out attack we went with 240 EVs, as it doesn't make much of a difference against Latias.

We wanted to out-speed Adamant Gyarados so we put in 184 speed allowing us to outspeed it by one point. The rest went into HP allowing it to take minimum damage from SR and here are some damage calcs under screens.

+1 Latias HP Fire
478 Atk vs 176 Def & 308 HP (70 Base Power): 136 - 162 (44.16% - 52.60%)

+1 Latias Surf
478 Atk vs 176 Def & 308 HP (95 Base Power): 93 - 110 (30.19% - 35.71%)

Scarf Flygon EQ
328 Atk vs 176 Def & 308 HP (100 Base Power): 204 - 240 (66.23% - 77.92%)

Mixape CC
260 Atk vs 176 Def & 308 HP (120 Base Power): 248 - 294 (80.52% - 95.45%)

SpecsJolt Tbolt
319 Atk vs 176 Def & 308 HP (95 Base Power): 121 - 144 (39.29% - 46.75%)

It's truly amazing!

With all these in mind I created a list of what I have trouble with.

- Now, I see Gliscor walling me to no end.
- Infernape, Heatran, and Aerodactyl mess me up.
- Hippowdon and Swampert just hurt me.

I realized that all of these guys are beat by Suicune bar swampert and so my next member was decided. I knew trick users screw me over and so will random status so I opted for the SubCM version which is indeed the most potent variant I have tried thus far. Its natural bulk and decent speed as well as special attack and surprise value really made me choose it, though.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 228 HP/216 Spd/64 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Surf
- Ice Beam

This pokemon is by far the most amazing beast I have tried. Its defenses soar through the roof under screens putting even the likes of Uber walls to shame. Words just can't describe how broken it is, especially with Substitute blocking the main forms of status. This is usually my initial switch in after Azelf has done his job because it fares well against the leads that stay in thinking, "Wow! I got through his Azelf. Yes!" Metagross is a prime example of this being set fodder for Suicune most of the time. What's even more foolish is most stay in thinking they can break my Subs with EQ, but with failure. At the end of reflect, I usually end up with a fainted Metagross, a substitute, and 2-3 CMs. Worst case scenario is they explode on my sub and send in a tricker which is pretty rare. This forces me to switch. Other leads are handled similarly.

To handle this trick problem I looked at the main trick users.

Trick users:

- Rotom:
This guy can be a pain for Suicune as it breaks my subs under Light Screen. However, it doesn't after one CM.

- Latias:
Latias floats in the same boat as Rotom.

- Jirachi:
Thankfully, they try to trick their scarf early as a lead thinking Azelf will switch (I taunt). This leaves Suicune open to sweep. Besides, most non-leads spam iron head early so no worries here.

- Starmie:
Can't break my subs, I believe. Not really a problem at all to Suicune as most end up as set up fodder. Counters:

I was speaking with Justinawe and told him about this problem. I originally had Heatran here for Swampert and Jirachi, but then he said try SubCM Jirachi. I remember failing miserably with him on my old teams. After giving it another chance I was impressed. It can't take trick well, but does okay with it anyway. It also sets up on most Rotom and Latias which Suicune attracts. They also cover each other well taking out each others counters. Celebi, a minor threat to Suicune (2 CM ice beam KOs), is easily set up on by Jirachi as well.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So far I have
-
-
for sweepers.

I figured I had two steels and a water. The next choice was obvious. Salamence was chosen for its overkill synergy with the rest of these guys, but you guys may think Dragonite would be better. I'll explain my choice.

Salamence gets initmidate and a higher base speed stat. This makes all the difference. I have no real way of stopping set up sweepers, the main one being DD-tar (Gyarados falls to Suicune no matter what). Salamence easily negates its boost and since DDtar can't set up on anything on my team except for Azelf who has taunt, I can sacrifice Azelf and taunt it so it doesn't get a boost. I then switch to Salamence to reduce its attack (thus allowing me to set up on even CBtar under reflect). The obvious SE comes so I switch to Lucario and fool the T-tar into thinking it can OHKO with EQ or Fire punch. It gets killed. It may seem hard to believe, but this has happened so many times it's just hilarious. Besides, T-tar hasn't been much of a bother to me. The only problem it really poses is the SS. It keeps Suicune from subbing reliably.

The extra speed allows me to out-speed some scarfers and D-nite is pretty slow. The best part is, specially bulky Salamence can take a STAB Draco Meteor from Latias under light screen with 40% HP to spare! This fact combined with Roost and the special attack drop nearly made me hurl with joy knowing I can set up on most teams' only hope against this monster. Status immediately came to mind as a way to shut him down so I went with lum berry. It usually allows an extra DD. Also, insurance against hax is always great.

@ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 236 HP/64 Atk/92 Spd/116 SDef
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

I had my sweepers so I wanted a sure-fire way to beat Gyarados in case Suicune falls to it through an unfortunate hax. I also wanted a back up screener in case Aerodactyl shows its ugly face.

So, it was decided that rotom serves all of these roles and as a bonus, prevents SR from being spun away. It sets up dual screens and pairs up nicely with Jirachi to form a "paralyzing pair". If I get lucky and paralyze something (happens a lot), then it just makes things easier. Furthermore, it supports the team making sweeps so much more easier if the opponent knows exactly what I'm doing from the start.

@ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/100 Def/56 Spd/100 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Discharge
- Reflect
- Light Screen

The Product

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

• Rogue ZZ :: Azelf
  • Item: Light Clay
  • Ability: Levitate
  • EVs: 252 HP | 6 Def | 252 Spd
  • Nature: Jolly
  • Moveset:

• Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Stealth Rock
  • Taunt
---
By MetaGross66: Those of you that have completed Megaman Starforce 3 would know how fast and unexpected Rogue ZZ actually is. Azelf is no different. He brings to the table the moves spelling doom at the beginning of the match. However, I have found Aerodactyl to be a pest. Anyway, after I screen I can use SR or taunt depending on the situation. Azelf usually dies by the time it sets up screens and SR which makes it perfect for the job. However, I try to keep it alive being conservative as I am, and the fact that I fear Swampert and Skarmory. Most teams don't have it, though so it's not much to worry about.

By Justinawe: This team leads off with Double Screen Azelf which I'm sure you all are familiar with. Taunt is for preventing slower stuff like Roserade, Swampert and Smeargle from setting up. Stealth Rock is vital for any offensive team and Reflect+Light Screen make setting up with other pokemon a lot easier. Light Clay was chosen to get the most out of dual screens. The EVs are pretty standard, max speed lets Azelf outspeeds every common lead besides Aerodactyl and gives it a chance to tie against other base 115 leads while Max HP lets it survive enough hits to hopefully set up rocks and screens.

• Pegasus Magic :: Suicune
  • Item: Leftovers
  • Ability: Pressure
  • EVs: 228 HP | 216 Spd | 64 SAtk
  • Nature: Timid
    Moveset:

• Calm Mind
  • Substitute
  • Surf
  • Ice Beam
---
By MetaGross66: Suicune resembles Pegasus Magic in nearly every way. What really makes them near brothers is how similarly deadly Pegasus' battle card is when compared to Suicune's own offensive abilities. Its bulk exceeds that of Uber walls for a full 4-5 turns. These turns can be rather deadly if utilized in the correct matter. After one CM, this savage monster has a higher base stat total than Arceus' and it's used in OU. While at the same time, Azelf is preventing an opponent's futile attempt at an early sweep with taunt. To further this pending massacre substitute forces trickers to attack my substitute with pitiful damage output. Even CB Scizor's U-turn does not break my substitute. Nothing short of explosion and Jolteon's specs thunderbolt is going to harm Suicune. Even then, I get a free set up for Salamence or Jirachi. So many teams have fallen beneath his feet which is one of the reasons I'm retiring this team as well. I have truly set free a monster bounded by chains forged of underestimation.

By Justinawe: Timid CM Suicune is a very threatening and usually overlooked threat. The speed EVs and nature allow it to outspeed all +base 80s and neutral base 90s. The HP EVs were put in to give it more bulk. The leftover EVs were put into SpAtk. Substitute is a great move to block Trick, which is a common way that people try to deal with CM Suicune. Surf is for STAB and Ice Beam gets great coverage along with water. Leftovers were chosen over Life orb for survivability.

• Leo Kingdom :: Lucario
  • Ability: Inner Focus
  • EVs:86 HP | 240 Atk | 184 Spd
  • Nature: Adamant
  • Moveset:

• Close Combat
  • Extremespeed
  • Stone Edge
  • Swords Dance
---
By MetaGross66: Who would think a pokemon as powerful as Lucario can also play the defense? I did. Its resistances coupled with screens and its natural ability to force switches make it a true threat to any team indeed. It can SD in the face of Latias, Gyarados, Tyranitar, Jirachi, and even Suicune under screens. The only thing stopping it is a burn. Most Rotoms are KOed by a +4 Stone edge which is exactly why I'm considering Crunch, however, I've found that hitting Gyarados and Zapdos without taking much damage would help more as Jirachi handles Rotom quite well. Besides, Rotom's most powerful attack, Overheat, isn't going to KO. This makes it considerably bulky. My old spread was able to survive a timid Heatran's Fire Blast. However, I found the power to be lacking and so I converted it to our new spread.

By Justinawe:
An interesting take on an otherwise normal set. The set provides with some bulk with screens up, as well as still being a monster after an SD. With Stone Edge over Crunch, bulky flyers are not a problem with Lucario at all, Gyarados and Salamence being the two main ones. Overall he can be a real threat, with or without the screens. Late game with screens, this thing will take out at least one pokemon. Truly monsterous!

• Sirius :: Jirachi
  • Ability: Serene Grace
  • EVs: 252 HP | 176 Spd | 80 SAtk
  • Nature: Timid
  • Moveset:

• Calm Mind
  • Substitute
  • Thunderbolt
  • Flash Cannon
---
By MetaGross66: Jirachi has always surpassed my expectations. It constantly saves me in tight situations and it's all thanks to Serene Grace. A hax pokemon can easily turn the game around and I believe this is exactly the reason Justinawe recommended it. CM allows it to easily stat up on pokemon like Suicune and Latias. Flash cannon's 30% (I think) chance to lower special defense makes it potent. Thunderbolt's 30% (I think) chance to paralyze also makes this thing harder to kill. Heatran can't switch in without risking paralysis. If it does, Suicune is there to bring it down. Wish is definitely an option, however, I'm a very conservative person and so I prefer preventing hax as opposed to healing my pokemon. This team is meant to be played with a small amount of switches and substitute helps further this.

By Justinawe: Another great CM goes well on this team. Stall teams usually have to severly weaken or sacrifice Blissey to beat either Jirachi or Suicune which leaves them open to the other. Max HP again here for 101 Subs. The Speed outruns positive base 90s like Lucario and Roserade and the rest were put into special attack. Flash Cannon allows this set to beat Tyranitar and Latias with enough boosts, which is something that Psychic has trouble with. Thunderbolt is a great secondary special attack and has quite good coverage.

• Dragon Sky :: Salamence
  • Item: Lum Berry
  • Ability: Intimidate
  • EVs: 236 HP | 64 Atk | 92 Spd | 116 SDef
  • Nature: Jolly
  • Moveset:

• Dragon Dance
  • Roost
  • Earthquake
  • Dragon Claw
---
By MetaGross66: He is my bad boy. He scares the opponent with his natural bulk on both sides of spectrum. To further this, I've found that most people rely on trapping Salamence into Outrage. Dragon Claw, while less powerful easily prevents this and with the bulk he should have little to no problem reaching enough power to exceed +1 LO outrage which alone 2KOs everything in OU. Furthermore, he serves as my check to some special threats like Jolteon and Rotom as well as Magnezone and Heatran. He does his job well enough that it's all that needs to be said. He even scares me sometimes.

By Justinawe: Bulky DD mence is another overlooked set that is threatening when the opponent isn't prepared for it. The speed EVs outspeed anything slower than positive base 80s. The HP and SDef give Mence enough bulk to live through many special attacks and even Ice Beam coming from less than 270 SpAtk. Dragon Dance boosts attack and speed so mence can sweep. Roost is important since SR and switches into attacks can rack up quite a bit of damage. Dragon Claw+Earthquake gets great coverage only resisted by Skarmory and Bronzong in OU.

• Megaman :: Rotom-W
  • Item: Light Clay
  • Ability: Levitate
  • EVs: 252 HP | 100 Def | 56 Spd | 100 SDef
  • Nature: Bold
  • Moveset:

• Hydro Pump
  • Discharge
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
---
By MetaGross66: Lastly is the protagonist, Megaman. I would have made Lucario Megaman, but Rotom deserves it since he is the main reason Lucario is even able to sweep and is quite versatile being able to go offensive when needed. Rotom is also quite durable and it only makes sense to have a bulky dual screener and a fast dual screener. Discharge slows down the pokemon I need to slow down and hydro pump deters Tyranitar as well as Heatran and Infernape. Under screens this thing is so insanely bulky that even CBtar's Crunch doesn't OHKO. Its ghost typing blocks Brick break, but not its effects which makes it easier for me to set up again seeing as I'm already in, unable to be touched, as most brick break users are choiced (weavile which can't even switch in) or can't hurt me much (scizor).

By Justinawe: Once Azelf is down and both screens run out, the opponent may think that they will have a much easier time with this team. However, this Rotom gives the team more chances to set up and sweep. The EVs make it rather bulky with just enough speed to outrun Max speed neutral Ttar. Discharge was chosen over Thunderbolt for the paralysis chance and Hydro Pump hits Tyranitars or Heatrans that try to switch in. Light Clay makes the most out of Dual Screens and is used again here.

Conclusion | The Final Evaluation

"Dual Screen Azelf is on the rise concerning usage"
When I saw this quote on a recent RMT I nearly fell off my chair. I actually looked at the usage statistics and did see that Dual screening Azelf wasn't being used much at all in September (before I was using this team). When the October statistics came out I saw the difference. It'll probably keep increasing. Justinawe, unfortunately, couldn't experience the same success as I did, but some other people did. It's proved to hold its own in this metagame and probably could keep doing so.

I'm questioning the type of team this is myself, however, I believe it is a "Bulky HO team". If it's not, you may call it some variation of HO as some people believe that bulk in HO isn't needed. From my understanding of it, you usually sac a pokemon to get a safe switch for the next and save some of the pokemon you might need, thus making every member have a sweeping position each time they are on the field. Furthermore, there is the idea of minimizing switches and long term thinking which this team deeply requires. This team does follow these ideas, but with bulk allowing room for a pokemon to get more than one boost as walls this generation are focusing on walling more than ever (ex. Blissey).

Sorry for the long read, but I hope you enjoyed it. Thanks!

For those of you that want to read further, a threat list and a log are available.

Threat List

Defensive Threats:

Blissey – Blissey is set up fodder for Suicune unless it carries seismic toss. In that case, I usually send in lucario on the seismic toss to KO it with CC as it usually stays in fearing SD.
Bronzong – lol. Suicune sets up all over this thing.
Celebi – Bulky leaf storm users are simply disposed of by Suicune thinking they can counter it, but light screen solves that problem. Otherwise, Jirachi can come in not having to fear thunder wave due to Suicune's sub. Unless the opponent predicts my Jirachi switch (never happened unless they saw it) Celebi is either set up on or switched out.
Cresselia – Not really common, but most are just set up fodder for Suicune.

Donphan – Donphan is easily KOed by suicune.
Dusknoir – Jirachi sets up on it with reflect despite fire punch. Otherwise, it's set up fodder for Suicune.

Forretress – lol...again. Set up all over by suicune.

Gliscor – Suicune should be able to kill this thing, but it's commonly paired t-tar and Blissey which easily doom the team walling the whole team.
Gyarados – Gyarados can be set up on by suicune if it lacks roar or I'm under reflect. Otherwise, Rotom-w and Jirachi KO this thing.

Hippowdon – Suicune can't really set up on it due to roar. The team has some problems with this guy as Suicune doesn't KO, but does lots of damage.
Jirachi – This thing is usually seen as a lead and in that case, it loses to Jirachi and Rotom. Parahax versions are quite annoying and I usually go straight to salamence on the iron head and set up a DD while they paralyze me. Lum berry prevents it and I KO, though it often leaves me open to scizor.
Rotom-A Simply set up by salamence, or suicune if under light screen though it's quite dangerous, and Jirachi sets up on him under light screen.
Skarmory – Rotom-W sets up on it or kills it. Whirlwind can get pretty annoying once Rotom-W is down and Jirachi fails to OHKO with thunderbolt.
Snorlax – Snorlax can be somewhat problematic, however, lucario sets up on it if it's under reflect. In that case, the opponent has to rely on bodyslam's parahax to win this one.
Suicune Other suicunes pose a danger to the team, and that's where Rotom-W is most needed. Even after one CM offensivecune is simply either paralyzed and suffers around 40% damage (50 with LO) or just takes the damage. Lucario can also do some damage with ES to a weakened suicune. Under light screen, it will almost always lose to Rotom. Jirachi can also set up along side it and easily go for the KO with thunderbolt.
Swampert – Can be quite problematic due to roar. I have no real way to stop it. All I can do is put Lucario under Reflect and as it switches in, SD twice hoping it doesn't roar (most actually EQ dealing 50% or so damage), and then KO with CC. Or, 1 SD CC can do the damage needed and then kill it with Suicune or Salamence. with SR, though, I shouldn't have much of a problem.

Tentacruel – Tentacruel is another pokemon suicune easily sets up on. Salamence also KOs with EQ.
Tyranitar – Tyranitar is one of the only pokemon that can actually pose a real threat to the team. However, if it's Cbed, it's set up on by Lucario. Azelf also survives lead CB crunch and sets up both screens.

Vaporeon – Vaporeon is set up on by Suicune and pressure stalled.
Zapdos Suicune outspeeds the standard and OHKOs with +2 Ice beam. If I get down SR only 1 CM is needed. Light screen also gives me the advantage. Salamence sets up on versions lacking HP ice and roar.

Offensive Threats:

Azelf - NPAzelf is a horror to the team. Thankfully, it isn't common. Leadelves are usually outsped and taunted (never lost a speedtie :D )
Breloom – Breloom, thankfully, is outsped by Suicune and all Breloom I have faced switched into my Suicune thinking they were faster. I then sub and proceed to set up a CM or just go for the KO with ice beam depending on the circumstances. If Suicune's down, I go straight to salamence.
Dragonite – Suicune switches in and KOs this thing under screens.

Dugtrio – Dugtrio really can't switch into anything safely as it's KOed by something all my members have. It can revenge Jirachi, but that's pretty much it, as Lucario OHKOs with SD boosted ES, maybe even unboosted after looking at its HP.

Electivire – Electivire can cause a few problems and my only reliable switch in is Rotom-W who can't do significant damage to it either.
Gallade – All I really have to defeat him with is Rotom who can hope to paralyze it and then go for the KO with Salamence. Otherwise, it is one of the three pokemon (Tyranitar and Starmie) that actually pose a threat to the team.
Gengar - Gengar is destroyed by Suicune under light screen despite thunderbolt. It's also Salamence's set up fodder.

Gyarados – See defensive threat.

Heatran – Heatran is simply set up on by Suicune even without light screen.
Heracross – Heracross can't damage Rotom much at all under screens. Salamence also sets up on scarf variants.

Infernape – Salamence sets up on this guy. Otherwise, it does a lot to the team. Suicune usually handles the non-NP versions, though.

Jolteon – Jolteon can be set up fodder for salamence under light screen. Otherwise, I rely on jirachi to set up on it and take it out.
Latias – Suicune loses to defensive CM versions, so I usually rely on Lucario to set up on it if Light Screens are up. If Salamence already has a DD or 2 then Latias is beaten.

Kingdra Kingdra is somewhat threatening, but not too threatening as I can force it to outrage on Salamence and then switch to Lucario and set up a few SDs (yes, more than one usually). This only really is safe under reflect.
Lucario - Lucario is defeated by either rotom or salamence.

Machamp – Machamp gets set up on by Rotom-W and then attacked with discharge or hydropump. Then, I can switch to Lucario on the Payback or stone edge and go for the KO with CC. Salamence also sets up on certain versions.
Magnezone Magnezone is beat either by rotom or jirachi (under light screen).
Mamoswine – Mamoswine is set up on by suicune under reflect.

Metagross – Metagross is the reason Suicune becomes so ridiculously easy to set up.

Porygon-Z – Porygon-Z is set up on by Lucario under screens.

Salamence Salamence is beat by Suicune under screens.

Scizor – Scizor is beat by Suicune as under reflect even a CB U-turn can't break my subs thus making this thing useless on most teams, though brick break variants are efficiently dealt with by Rotom-W

Starmie – Starmie is probably the most dangerous pokemon this team can face and I'd be really lucky to have it not hold thunderbolt. Otherwise, my best bet is Suicune under screens.

Togekiss – Suicune is laughing.
Tyranitar See defensive threat

Weavile – Weavile takes out both my screeners, however, it falls to suicune.
Yanmega – Yanmega is set up on by Azelf as I outspeed the first turn and then proceed to set up light screen. Afterward, my whole team has fun.
Zapdos – See defensive threat.
Log

Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
panamaxis sent out Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
el noob sent out Rogue ZZ (lvl 100 Azelf).
ChilFan has entered the room.
Rogue ZZ used Taunt.
Roserade fell for the taunt!
Roserade used Sleep Powder.
Roserade can't use Sleep Powder after the taunt!
---
panamaxis switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
A sandstorm brewed!
Rogue ZZ used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
The sandstorm rages.
Rogue ZZ is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Rogue ZZ lost 6% of its health.
---
Rogue ZZ used Reflect.
A barrier was formed!
Tyranitar used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Rogue ZZ lost 94% of its health.
el noob's Rogue ZZ fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob switched in Leo Kingdom (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
panamaxis switched in Gliscor (lvl 100 Gliscor ?).
Leo Kingdom used Swords Dance.
Leo Kingdom's attack was sharply raised.
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob switched in Pegasus Magic (lvl 100 Suicune).
Pegasus Magic is exerting its pressure!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Pegasus Magic lost 12% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Pegasus Magic is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Pegasus Magic lost 6% of its health.
Pegasus Magic's leftovers restored its health a little!
Pegasus Magic restored 6% of its health.
---
panamaxis switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Pegasus Magic used Substitute.
Pegasus Magic lost 25% of its health.
Pegasus Magic made a substitute!
The sandstorm rages.
Latias is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Latias lost 6% of its health.
Latias's leftovers restored its health a little!
Latias restored 6% of its health.
---
Latias used Calm Mind.
Latias's special attack was raised.
Latias's special defence was raised.
Pegasus Magic used Ice Beam.
It's super effective!
Latias lost 22% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Latias used Dragon Pulse.
It's not very effective...
Jirachi lost 11% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Jirachi's leftovers restored its health a little!
Jirachi restored 6% of its health.
---
panamaxis switched in Tyranitar (lvl 100 Tyranitar ?).
Tyranitar's Sand Stream whipped up a sandstorm!
Jirachi used Substitute.
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi made a substitute!
Jirachi's light screen wore off!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Flash Cannon.
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 37% of its health.
Tyranitar's special defence was lowered.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
The substitute took damage for Jirachi!
Jirachi's substitute faded!
Jirachi's reflect wore off!
The sandstorm rages.
---
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 54% of its health.
Tyranitar used Crunch.
Jirachi lost 64% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
It's super effective!
Tyranitar lost 10% of its health.
panamaxis's Tyranitar fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob switched in Megaman (lvl 100 Rotom-w).
Megaman makes ground moves miss with Levitate!
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Gliscor's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
Megaman is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Megaman lost 6% of its health.
---
panamaxis switched in Roserade (lvl 100 Roserade ?).
Megaman used Light Screen.
A barrier was formed!
The sandstorm rages.
Roserade is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Roserade lost 6% of its health.
Megaman is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Megaman lost 6% of its health.
---
el noob switched in Jirachi (lvl 100 Jirachi).
Roserade's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Jirachi used Substitute.
Jirachi lost 25% of its health.
Jirachi made a substitute!
Roserade used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
The substitute took damage for Jirachi!
Jirachi's substitute faded!
The sandstorm rages.
---
matchthrower has entered the room.
Roserade lost 39% of its health.
Roserade's special defence was lowered.
Jirachi fell asleep!
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob switched in Dragon Sky (lvl 100 Salamence ?).
Dragon Sky's intimidate cut Roserade's attack!
Roserade used Toxic Spikes.
Toxic Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
The sandstorm rages.
Dragon Sky is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Dragon Sky lost 6% of its health.
---
Dragon Sky used Dragon Dance.
Dragon Sky's attack was raised.
Dragon Sky's speed was raised.
The sandstorm rages.
---
The sandstorm rages.
---
Dragon Sky's light screen wore off!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Dragon Sky used Dragon Claw.
Roserade lost 25% of its health.
panamaxis's Roserade fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
panamaxis switched in Rotom-w (lvl 100 Rotom-w).
Dragon Sky used Roost.
Dragon Sky restored 31% of its health.
Rotom-w used Will-o-wisp.
Dragon Sky was burned!
Dragon Sky's Lum Berry cured its Burn!
The sandstorm rages.
Rotom-w is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-w lost 6% of its health.
Rotom-w's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom-w restored 6% of its health.
---
Rotom-w lost 74% of its health.
Rotom-w used Will-o-wisp.
Rotom-w's attack missed!
The sandstorm rages.
Rotom-w is buffetted by the sandstorm!
Rotom-w lost 6% of its health.
Rotom-w's leftovers restored its health a little!
Rotom-w restored 6% of its health.
---
panamaxis: fffffffffff
A critical hit!
Rotom-w lost 26% of its health.
panamaxis's Rotom-w fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob: sorry
Dragon Sky's attack missed!
Gliscor used Taunt.
Dragon Sky fell for the taunt!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gliscor lost 53% of its health.
Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Gliscor's leftovers restored its health a little!
Gliscor restored 3% of its health.
---
Gliscor lost 53% of its health.
Gliscor used Roost.
Gliscor restored 50% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
Gliscor restored 3% of its health.
---
Dragon Sky's attack missed!
Gliscor used Roost.
But it failed!
Dragon Sky's taunt wore off!
The sandstorm rages.
---
Dragon Sky used Roost.
Dragon Sky restored 43% of its health.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Dragon Sky lost 35% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Dragon Sky used Roost.
Dragon Sky restored 41% of its health.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
Dragon Sky lost 37% of its health.
The sandstorm rages.
---
Gliscor lost 55% of its health.
Gliscor used Taunt.
Dragon Sky fell for the taunt!
The sandstorm rages.
Gliscor restored 6% of its health.
---
Gliscor lost 51% of its health.
panamaxis's Gliscor fainted.
The sandstorm rages.
---
panamaxis switched in Empoleon (lvl 100 Empoleon ?).
Dragon Sky used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Empoleon lost 100% of its health.
panamaxis's Empoleon fainted.
Dragon Sky's taunt wore off!
The sandstorm rages.
---
el noob: yeah, gg
It's super effective!
Latias lost 78% of its health.
panamaxis's Latias fainted.
el noob wins!
panamaxis has left the room.

C
redits

Justinawe: For helping create the team
Macle: For the Maclicious drawings :naughty:
Panamaxis: For allowing me to use the log

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This is a pretty solid team with good presentation. From what I can see, your team can consider an alternate set to help your entire team out. Jirachi with Bold nature of 252 hp / 252 def / 6 spd and moveset Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Flash Cannon / Wish seems to fit the bill when I look at the team. The purpose of the set is twofold: provide Wish support for the entire team (most especially Rotom and Suicine) and provide that extra bulk to check LO Latias and even Mix Mence could trouble you throughout the course of the match, as nothing can take repeated Dragon-type attacks. The current EVs provide Jirachi a nice way to take physical hits while boosting your Special Defense. jirachi could still be a potent force with the EV spread, so don't worry, I just feel like Wish support could help this team out.

As for other options, Swampert looks to trouble you as nothing can really scare it away. Lawnmower Rotom with Leaf Storm over Hydro Pump could work out in order to scare/ohko it, while still hitting Tyranitar for super effective damage as well. The only thing Hydro Pump would miss out on is Heatran, which is handled by Suicune for the most part. overall gl.

You've hit the team's biggest trouble spot on. I've already explained why I didn't use wish even though it is beneficial. Wish and substitute seem pretty equal when it comes to benefits. As for the change in Rotom, I've considered it and would rather be able to hit swampert for decent damage without losing to t-tar as well since leaf storm comes with a nasty special attack drop. As for the Jirachi spread, it seems like it could work, but I'd rather retain the power as flash cannon from Jirachi is 3KOing Tyranitar, as demonstrated in the log, without a boost as it is, sadly. Thanks for the rate, though. :)

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
"Dual Screen Azelf is on the rise concerning usage"

My thread at work...

Anyway, I really like the idea of Rotom as a mid-game set-upper of screens. Brilliant idea! I can see some problems with this idea though, like a chance of something taunting and setting up on you, like Tyranitar. Tyranitar iirc isn't 2hkoed by Hydro Pump, so it could taunt you and proceed to set up, especially if Suicune is out of the picture. One thing that would make a better transition Pokemon is Bronzong, being one of the best in the game, he can easily come in, and proceed to set up. He can also explode, and hurt something with Gyro Ball along the way. I'd try a standard EV spread with the moves Reflect, Light Screen, Gyro Ball, and Explosion. Overall this makes a much better user of mid-game dual screens, so I think it could help. Good luck with the team!

Firstly, thanks for the rate. :)

As for Bronzong, I'd consider it if it can completely wall scizor and actually damage it without sacrificing. However, DDtar can cause some damage to the team which is why under reflect, Lucario is meant to survive the +1 fire punch and KO with CC. Taunt on T-tar isn't seen much (haven't seen one yet) so I wouldn't really say it threatens Rotom that much. Besides, there's always the chance of paralysis if it comes in on Discharge. :D

Oh, and it isn't immune to brick break. :(

Anyone else want to rate?

Got the PM...:naughty:
First off, WOW.
This is arguably the most detailed presentation I've ever seen.
I even bookmarked the page, that's how good it is.
Secondly, I don't see anything to change, besides what the other posters have stated, except for one small thing:
Just change Suicune's moveset to this:
~Calm Mind
~Ice Beam
~Surf
~Hidden Power [Electric]
From looking at your team, I think this change is the most beneficial.
Suicune's excellent defenses allow it to at least take a few hits from some notable pokemon in the OU metagame, so Substitute can be replaced with HP Electric.
I rate 9.5/10.

Have you tried running Shuca Berry on your Lucario? gives it that surprise factor when Versuing EQers.

Anyway fantastic team well presented, although during it I did get a little tl;dr.

Can't see two many holes in it besides from stall playing into your screen idea.

Any reason why you aren't running max HP on Suicune? 101 subs let it set up on Blissey better.

Ah, shuca berry is pretty pointless on lucario as leftovers provides survivability. Lucario can take Swampert's and Hippowdon's EQ like a man under reflect as they muster only around 50% damage with their STAB attack. If I'm not mistaken, after the defense drop from CC they should only be able to do around 75%-80% damage so I have not much to worry even if I 2KO as most think they OHKO with EQ instead of roaring. Even if they roar, they suffer considerable damage. As for HP electric, it's only really useful for Gyarados which is handled well by Rotom and Jirachi so I'd prefer substitute. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Oh, and this is pretty long. Sorry about that. I tried to make it readable with the images and all.

As for the Suicune's HP EVs, it can run max HP, however, I found it worth more trading in the ability to CM on Blissey for more power. It helps especially since Suicune can't beat Blissey anyway 1 on 1. Jirachi is meant to do that for me.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, this is an awesome team, and the presentation was soooo long! xD However it is very detailed, and as such makes this a fun and easy-to-rate team, so thank you for that. Now, franky and others seem to have already pointed out the major things, so I'm only going to go with a shorter rate. I think that you should use a slightly different spread on Suicune. I would go with 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe while still keeping Timid; Suicune, as you said, is so bulky under screens, that the Hp EVs really aren't that much of an issue here. Feel free to keep using Substitute, however; I think that it is a unique but good choice on Suicune, and especially useful from blocking troublesome Thunder Waves aimed at you.

Not much else really to suggest, except I think that you should use Outrage over Dragon Claw on Salamence. Outrage is so much more powerful, turning many would be 2HKOes into OHKOes, such as when up a Dragon Dance against Swampert, a problem Pokemon for this team. Lum Berry would cure the confusion anyway, so its not as if its a problem to lose any sleep over. However, if you really fear status, then feel free to keep with Dragon Claw. By the way, congratulations on beating panamaxis, that's not something that many players can claim they have done. P.S. I read the whole entire thing and this is all I could come up with! ;)

Hope I helped, and good luck! =)

Thanks! :)

I've beaten other people, though I probably shouldn't say. Panamaxis let me use the log.

As for the Suicune EVs, they are something to consider, however, with max speed I'm not outspeeding much I need to be. Besides, the HP really helps when faced with pokemon like scizor as that is what prevents them from doing the damage they could be doing. Outrage is probably the biggest decision we had to make when making the team and I figured dragon claw would be better as it is quite simple really to surpass the damage output of +1 LO outrage with this guy. That, along with the fact that outrage traps me (making me prone to scizor which is why I roosted on Pana's Rotom instead of attacking) made me go with Dragon Claw. It definitely is an option, though with lum berry.

holy crap,this team is very awesome,i almost never saw such a well-made team,using screens support like that...its amazing,but only think i fear is that sword dance scizor with brick break got multiple chances to setup sword dance on your team,with bullet punch,brick break and bug bite(the later only for more power,the enemy might chose roost instead,but dont change the fact it still does a lot of damage and roost make things worst) can hurt your team a lot since it lack fire moves and brick break will destroy your screens,rotom being your best way to deal with him,but since it lack overheat,it wont be able to ohko scizor,and he sometimes might prefer night slash or pursuit instead of bug bite,what can be a problem,i think that changing your rotom for the overheat version would help with that problem,in short is just changing hydro pump for overheat,the loss of hydro pump might be bad for your team,but lets remember scizor is the most used OU pokemon,and he can run lots of different sets,but brick break is the atack you should watch out for,because rotom got no way to recover any hp at all,so beating up from SD night slashes or pursuits will leave a mark,and we know that after rotom being killed sword dance scizor completely rampage your team(lucario close combat wont ohko scizor with no sword dance,but brick break will do some heavy damage on him) suicune somehow become a setup bait,has after sword dance(even before sword dance bug bite destroy suicune subs) bug bite will deal awesome damage,life orb variants are easy to deal with since after life orb recoil lucario close combat will ko,so just try to watch out for pursuit/night slash sword dance scizors that prefer leftovers or a bulky set instead...
10/10 for this team,very well done

edit:forgot your lucario had leftovers instead of life orb,if that is the case close combat will never ohko unless the scizor got less then 70%,what i was trying to point out is that rotom dont got wish support NEITHER leftovers,so if he dies,your team will lose the screens and face a scizor who might not only be able to recover hp with roost,but hurt your team with bullet punch and brick break(if he dont got roost,he will have bug bite) he cant totally sweep your team,but just watch out because facing a sword dance scizor and a choice band scizor are completely different historys(damn,i kill gyarados with my SD scizor)

SD scizor is probably the least of my problems, as stated on Suicune's descriptions, CB Scizor's U-turn doesn't break my sub. SD scizor's bug bite is doing little to Suicune under reflect even after the SD boost. Brick break breaks screens, but then I hurt it with surf doing about 30% damage with unboosted surf. After a CM, easily acquired as it switches in, it's no threat at all. Rotom also effectively damages it with discharge being a 3-4KO. this is nice considering it cant do much in return. CB Pursuit hurts, though, being a 3KO under reflect. Thanks for the rate, though. I'll be careful with Scizor even though it doesn't do much outside revenging Salamence! :)

Anyone else want to rate as this took quite a while to make and would really appreciate feedback. :D

Got the PM; thanks for wanting my help. No one wants my help because I keep slamming them for being MixVire weak :P

Well, since my specialty to help is with walls of text...I don't think I can help you with my specialty. Too bad I must go onto a slight weakness and expand on it like I love doing.

As Lucaliber states, Swords Dance Scizor usually carries Brick Break to save the loss of Attack generated by Superpower. Obviously, this is a problem if he breaks it on anything but Rotom. It's great that you have Rotom to set up screens and never let them go down, but if he's downed, and your screens are gone, your team can still fare well, but to a lesser extent; moreso if the opposition is an offensive team (see the Heavy Offense thread). Not only so, Lead Ambipom can also force Azelf to swtich to Rotom because of STAB LO (or Silk Scarf) Fake Out. While you wall this, Rotom is exactly why Ambipoms have Payback. Whether or not he goes second, the base power turns into 75 x 2 = 150BP on Rotom. It maynot seem like much, but after he does that, a U-Turn will cripple Rotom altogether, a he switches to a counter or booster. Another problem is having to switch to Rotom, giving up previous boosts of other pokes (bar Salamence who will rape anything) and also risking a hard hit to Rotom, who doesn't have Leftovers to cover up some damage. Also, Ambipom leads could carry Brick Break, which can cause perhaps more trouble. But, as a lead, Ambipom is useless vs. Rotom (to an extent), so you'vegot it covered; just watch out for when he comes back (IF he coems back, or if he's another member; not the lead).

Aerodactyl and Crobat could both Taunt you first, and if you switch to anything else, you can't set up. Salamence can take them out, but they'll get SR up after the Taunt on the switch, which makes switching in Salemence more difficult without a Rapid Spinner, and Salamence sems to be a key in taking out what would otherwise be threats to your team.

I can see a Rotom-H causing some KOs and cripples to your team. TBolt Suicune, Shadow Ball Azelf & Rotom-W, Trick Scarf onto Salamence, Overheat Lucario and Jirachi. You could have a direct counter to him by putting Shadow Ball/Psychic on Azelf, or Shadow Ball on Rotom-W (which would make you lose coverage, though =/). I wouldn't consder changing any pokemon on your team, as they are very, very nicely put together, and all compliment each other greatly, but tweaking the movesets can save you from a severe dent/cripple to your entire team. I believe that Salamence can take him on better if you OHKO before he Tricks, which is a bit tricky (no pun intnded) because he can (and usually does; in my experience) Tricks on the switch. But, if you read him right, he won't be a problem, just be careful, because one wrong move can cost you the game. However, if he's isn't Trick Rotom, but instead Support, be cautious in sending in Salamence, his Will-O-Wisp can cripple him badly. If he has Stealth Rock up, then it's just 37% damage on Salamence, attack cut in half, and you're essentially forced to switch, adding more residual damage to your team; and rendering Salamence almost useless unless you get 4-5 DDs up beforehand...somehow...Anyways, predict right, then you're okay, but Rotom-H (and only Rotom-H) is still a triple threat.

Overall, this team looks very nice and well put together. If you have solutions or believe that I am wrong on any of these, please feel free to support your own arguments, and I will do my best to reply ASAP. 9.2/10; for Rotom-H is super popular for reasons you may know.

I have never seen an Ambipom yet, but it does look like it can cause some trouble I guess, but that depends on the speed tie. If I get up reflect it's no threat at all. For some reason, I though it was faster than Azelf when I said that. :/

As for Aerodactyl and Crobat, Crobat U-turns most of the time (don't ask why, I don't know). Maybe because they think I have a sash and want to break it? Aerodactyl is the only lead preventing set up (outside ambipom...).This is handled nicely by Rotom.

As for the rotom problem. Jirachi and Salamence usually have fun setting up on it, but it does seem to cause problems, especially the scarf version, though Suicune sets up on it if I get a sub and am under light screen. After that, it's forced to attack for about 20% damage once I get my first CM under light screen. :)

I must admit, I was very skeptical about the effectiveness of this team until I saw the log, because there is no way a team of so many set-up pokemon should be successful. But if it works it works.

I really can't say too much can changed based on how offensive it played. All I can say is a team with Roar may piss you off a bit for a while so you may have to keep Rotom alive long enough to beat those pokemon.

Ohh.. Salamence is a jerk use Dragonite :-P. But based on your log, Draggy with screens will have no trouble getting 3+ Dragon Dances with screens. I have not had the chance to see how much of a different Intimidate makes for your team, but if it helps that much keep it.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm not going to rate on the analytics of the team. But, I will say this is arguably one of the most eloquent and well laid out team in terms of presentation I have come across thus far. I'm loving the creative artwork too.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, phazers are quite bothersome, and that is why I try to keep Azelf alive if I can, though the lead says a lot about a team so it shouldn't be hard to know ahead of time what a team will look like. I can then determine whether or not I will need him. I'm also quite happy stall is becoming rarer (thank you Latias and Scizor). Intimidate lets me come in on some pokemon safely, even those that threaten an explosion like Azelf taking around 50% damage which would otherwise be a KO to D-nit considering SR damage. I'm not sure about it, though knowing I haven't tried it. The speed is what really makes the difference, though. Thanks for the rate, by the way.

Thank you Symphonyx64. :D

Of course you haven't, he's better in UU, but he can cause problems for most leads in OU too with Fake Out alone. But, yea, don't worry too much about him.

Crobat U-turns because he fears a Psychic. But if you say so, I can't say otherwise because I haven't played with/against this team.

I don't think Jirachi could set up, but Salamence surely, if Trick has already been used.

The main reason Jirachi can set up is the bulk it has from light screen. Overheat weakens at each use, too so substitute saves me there if it uses it on my sub. Otherwise he is screaming free switch.

As for crobat, that makes sense since most people already know taunt is to predictable on crobat. Actually, if you look at it in the opposition's view, it seems like the best choice against and Azelf, though you risk breaking your sash so it depends on how well you know your opponent.

I would just like to thank everyone who has rated the team. You have all been most helpful, and Meta and I look forward to some more promising rates. There has to be more for you guys to rate on the team, right? :P

I don't remember battling anyone named warthog on the server, but then, I don't remember much of my battles either. XD

Anyway, a pair of Rotom and Lucario should efficiently be handled by Jirachi unless you were able to stop it somehow with another pokemon. What did your team look like? It was probably a mistake in prediction on my part, or something.

Were you battling Organization or El Noob, because he uses a similar team to mine and I as well noticed he is Lucario weak (exactly why I was able to beat him multiple times :p).

For those of you that wonder what the real starforce characters look like here are the images.

Rogue ZZ with the ever so dangerous Laplace (his wizard/sword)

Pegasus Magic the mythical beast

Leo kingdom the fierce warrior

Sirius the death star

The wise Dragon Sky

And finally...
The nice helper we call Megaman

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, I have read the whole presentation (very well constructed actually) and all the comments, so now I'm going to proceed with my ideas and see what I can find during the analysis.

When I ladder, I use to find sometimes now a days this Azelf lead. It is true that he is the best starter that you can try when the idea is to set up the proper screens with a high rate of effectiveness. But also, once you saw the rol he plays you'll know exactly what it's going to be after: 'sweepers attempting to break each one fo your mons'. And that is why the cautious player will always play around the screens and mainly those that make use of the barriers. For example, if Panamaxis would have done Leaf Storm the first turn (probably the best move for Roserade to face Azelf) instead of Sleep Powder you would have lost your so important lead and that means no Reflect and no Light Screen from the very beginning, which places the team in a lower step.
My only advice here is that you have to be very careful while trying to use your main moves (Reflect-Light Screen) because the rest of the team depends on them, with no exception.

On the other hand, I will probably agree with j. franky about the Wish idea on Jirachi, remember that you alredy have big threats in your team lines, though trying to make Jirachi less powerful by adding Wish over Substitute could mean an advantage for the rest of teammates.
You mentioned Jirachi as a poke that can wall Blissey 1on1, yeah, this is somehow true, but after that play your little "steel bug" will be with no possibility to make a Substitute for example, and you would've just cleaned the way for your second special sweeper, Cune (stopped by CM Latias, Roar Vaporeon, another CM Suicune, etc, just to mention a few). The thing is that Blisssey is not that problem, as your Salamence has Lum Berry to deal with T-wave and Toxic, and on the other side Lucario means death to her, so WishCmRachi will not be a waste, you should try it at least.

Overall, the team seems to be strong. Now I'm going to mention a couple of threats that you should bear in mind.

1. Perish Song Celebi: A pokemon from stalls, able to take out any variant of CM Jirachi with no issues practically. Focusing it on this team, it can deal very well with Suicune with no troubles either (Cune makes Subs, Celebi gets in... and that weak Ice Beam does not 2HKO 252HP/4 SpD Celebi).
Saying more, it lures Lucario with Thunderwave and force it to change due to Perish Song; it is also able to paralyse the Salamence with small problems.

As you both can see, Celebi does not have to do a great effort to acquire all of this paralyses and Perish Songs, in fact it doesn't need to use a direct attack to move away each one of your pkmns, it is just simple and it only needs support. So make a note of this ;)

2. Choice Band Tyranitar: One of the stronger attackers in the game, and seems like this team is not prepared to take that sort of Crunches all the match. Although Tyranitar is less threatening than Celebi but you have to be aware of it too.
Mind Note: with no Reflect in the field, DD Tyranitar wreak havoc in the entire team.

3. Mixed Salamence: An enormous threat for almost every team out there, this is starting to become something normal actually. By doing Jirachi a bit more deffensive, just a bit, plus some prediction and intelligence, MixMence should not be such a threat anymore, but a high-level prediction from the opponent could be mortal.

And one last thing, like somebody said before, try Rotom-h with Overheat instead of the current one.

I haven't spoken about changes, and I will not, simply because you guys have built a very good team and had put effort on it and that is why I prefer to stay on suggestions, clever and sharp ones.

I feel that I am leaving something but will check in a while and I'll add it if needed.

Good luck and hope to have helped.

Perish Celebi can be a bother to the team at first glance, and you're right, but I haven't seen one yet. CBtar is set up for Lucario even when not under screens as Crunch is 4x resisted and does like 17% damage when not under screens (might be wrong, not sure). I can even set up Salamence on it if I'm under Reflect (thank you intimidate). Anyway, it's the sandstorm it brings that is the problem. I have always been able to play around DDtar except for one time where I did get swept so I guess you could say it is a threat. As for mixmence, it's not coming in when SR is up and I have Suicune under screens as it is normal now for it to be an early game "softener", however my Suicune is out on the field early game, too and it is easily dealt with taking some damage from its STABs, but I can switch in on either one, take the second and KO if I'm at full/near full health. ;)

Oh, and Panamaxis could have leaf stormed me, but he had a small chance to KO. I'm not sure, though since my Azelf had survived many leaf storms so he couldn't sleep me and I got up one screen which is good enough for me considering Suicune can then come in and set up, but his Latias ruined the fun so I had to do this and this, and so on. Azelf is pretty bulky and some people should realize that.

btw, thanks for the rate! :)
Pictures were added to my previous post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)