Level: 5
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpA / 84 SpD / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave

With the addition of Knock Off to its movepool in the Teal Mask DLC, Tinkatink has become an excellent utility Pokemon in the LC metagame! Tinkatink is one of the best defensive checks to some of the tier's top threats: Vullaby and Glimmet. Pickpocket has a strong niche of stealing opposing Eviolite from physical attackers such as Mienfoo, Vullaby, and Toedscool; this allows Tinkatink to be an effective Knock Off absorber. Tinkatink utilizes these switch-in opportunities to set up Stealth Rock. Knock Off is Tinkatink's best tool, weakening opposing Pokemon by removing their Eviolite or Choice Scarf. Draining Kiss provides Tinkatink with longevity, allowing it to aid its team, as well as hitting Vullaby without activating its Weak Armor and Mienfoo. Thunder Wave hinders faster foes such as Mienfoo, Vullaby, and Shellder. Tera Fairy lets it check Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr more effectively, as well as removing Tinkatink's Ground-type weakness and powering up Draining Kiss. Tinkatink struggles against offensive Fire- and Ground-types like Larvesta, Numel, and Mudbray; therefore, checks to these threats such as Vullaby and Toedscool are useful teammates.

:tinkatink: Character Count: 1009

Last edited by a moderator:

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Why did I pick the one on Nov 4

Tinkatink (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pickpocket
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave

With the addition of Knock Off to its movepool in the Teal Mask DLC, Tinkatink has become an excellent utility Pokemon in the Little Cup metagame! Tinkatink is one of the best defensive checks to some of the tier’s top threats: Vullaby, Voltorb-Hisui, Glimmet, and Gothita. (Remove Voltorb and Gothita from this list; it doesn't check Voltorb and trappers like goth can't be checked defensively in the traditional sense. Also mention that it uses its switch-in opportunities to set up Stealth Rock) Knock Off is Tinkatink’s best tool, weakening opposing Pokemon by Knocking Off their Eviolite or Choice Scarf. Draining Kiss provides Tinkatink longevity, allowing it to aid its team, as well as hitting Vullaby without activating Weak Armor and Mienfoo, and Timburr. Thunder Wave hinders fast sweepers such as Alolan Sandshrew, Shellder, and Nasty Plot Vullaby. (I'd just say "faster foes" here and include examples like Mienfoo) Tera Fairy check Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr more effectively. (Mention that it removes Tinkatink’s Ground weakness and gives Draining Kiss a bit more oomph too) Pickpocket has a niche of stealing opposing Eviolite from Physical Attackers such as Mienfoo, Vullaby, Mudbray, (EQ OHKOs tink and isn't a contact move anyway) and Toedscool, in case Tinkatink has lost its own Eviolite. (Emphasize this point more; I'd make this the second or third sentence as its a huge part of Tinks niche. Pickpocket activates when tink is knocked off, which makes it an incredible Knock Off absorber for its teammates.) Tinkatink struggles against offensive Fire- and Ground-types like Larvesta, Numel, and Mudbray; therefore, checks to these threats such as Corphish, Vullaby, and Grookey (Vullaby and Toedscool would be a better set of examples here) are useful teammates.

:tinkatink: Character Count: 886
Tag me when this is implemented and I'll stamp

gali

I just wanna grill, man!
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
move the Pickpocket bit to just before moves; you can combine the 2 sentences and delete the "in case Tinkatink loses its Eviolite" clause. Good otherwise, 1/1

Milak

Stoïque fierté
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Add
Remove (RC=remove comma)

Tinkatink (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pickpocket
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Draining Kiss
- Thunder Wave

With the addition of Knock Off to its movepool in the Teal Mask DLC, Tinkatink has become an excellent utility Pokemon in the Little Cup metagame! Tinkatink is one of the best defensive checks to some of the tier’s top threats: Vullaby and Glimmet. Pickpocket has a strong niche of stealing opposing Eviolite from Physical Attackers physical attackers such as Mienfoo, Vullaby, and Toedscool; this allows Tinkatink to be an effective Knock Off absorber. Tinkatink utilizes these switch in opportunities to set up Stealth Rock. Knock Off is Tinkatink’s best tool, weakening opposing Pokemon by Knocking Off removing their Eviolite or Choice Scarf. Draining Kiss provides Tinkatink with longevity, allowing it to aid its team, as well as hitting Vullaby,(RC) without activating its Weak Armor,(RC) and Mienfoo. Thunder Wave hinders faster foes such as Mienfoo, Vullaby, and Shellder. Tera Fairy checks lets it check Fighting-types such as Mienfoo and Timburr more effectively, as well as removing Tinkatink’s Ground-type weakness and powering up Draining Kiss. Tinkatink struggles against offensive Fire- and Ground-types like Larvesta, Numel, and Mudbray; therefore, checks to these threats such as Vullaby and Toedscool are useful teammates.
milak-gp-small.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)