SS OU Tini and Mudsdale in Rain (Peak 2000)

Introduction
Hello everyone, this is a RMT of basically the one and only team I have. I've been using the team over a year I think making a few adjustments here and there. This team started as a challenge with a friend to make a team with only one OU mon, which was Scizor at the time. This team has undergone so many changes it's currently "Copy of"x9 lol. As I started to understand and learn the meta the team was optimized and I was able to get top 20 in ladder at 2000 points. The team is pretty bad tbh but it has a bit of synergy and does require a lot of reads.

:politoed: :heliolisk: :kingdra: :mudsdale: :scizor: :victini:

Proof of peak

:ss/politoed:

Politoed @ Expert Belt
Ability: Drizzle
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Politoed's role is simple... bring the rain in. Pelipper is probably the better choice since the team has no ground immunity nor defog but I wanted to try something different and I do think Pelipper was OU at that point in time. I opted for an offensive set at the end because the lack of pivot would make it so most mons could set up for free with no consequence whatsoever. Surf>> Scald for extra damage that helps 2HKO some Clefable and Melmetal sets. Ice beam is to OHKO Chomp and be able to hit Grass/Dragons trying to setup. Earth Power hits electric types coming in or trying to predict and also pressures Toxapex and is able to do good damage to Volcanion, which is a problem for the team. Focus blast's main purpose is to be able to hit Ferrothorn and spD Tyranitar in sand. Expert Belt helps pressure Toxapex more as it makes the damage over 50% and do a bit more damage without getting locked or losing life to other mons.

:ss/heliolisk:

Heliolisk @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
- Surf

Heliolisk's role is to not let offensive water and ghost types destroy the team (I'm looking at you Flip Turn Barra). It's definitely not the best option cause one wrong read and it's pretty much dead. It's one of the team's offensive pivot and basically the key to getting rid of Toxapex, Fini and Slowking. Hyper Voice is nice damage to neutral effectiveness without having to read and the bypass on sub is really really helpful. Surf>>Weather Ball to be able to get rid of frail ground types without rain. Once the electric resist is gone from the other team Heliolisk can hit hard while pivoting around to any of the other offensive mons to keep the pressure on.

:ss/kingdra:

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Surf

Not much to say, Kingdra is the rain sweeper. The lack of the extra turns doesn't let it fully sweep in one go. Kingdra just cruises over teams with little or no water resists. Hydro Pump>>Flip Turn because it can 2HKO a chipped Blissey/Pex/Slowbro. In fights that are looking grim and need max damage or try to OHKO mons with spD investment like Zapdos and Clefable, Hydro Pump provides that option. It's basically a one last chance to take the W, although it's really unreliable. Draco Meteor is a must and Hurricane helps kill grass types, Urshifu and hit Ferrothorn for more damage.

:ss/Mudsdale:

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Ability: Stamina
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Body Press

Mudsdale is basically the only defensive monster in the team. It's a great physical tank being able to trade kill with +2 dragonite, pult and some other mons by having them toxic'd. It helps put pressure on the other teams resist/defensive mons with the use of SR and Toxic. Body Press is used for good damage when Stamina rises defense to +2 and above. If Mudsdale comes in on Beat Up... well, the other team better have a strong special attacker or else it's basically ggs. Mudsdale is also the Knock Off absorber of the team, being the only mon who can live Kartana's and Weavile's Knock Off.

:ss/scizor:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Dual Wingbeat

Scizor used to be the spD mon of the team but since the team struggled to much with common defensive cores I decided to change it to an offensive set. Normally Scizor is used as a late game sweeper but in this team it's role is to be a set up mon capable of taking out different defensive cores throughout the entirety of the game, which is why I chose a jolly nature. Jolly nature let's it outspeed most of Heatran's, Buzzwole's, Volcanion's, Bisharp's, Magnezone's, and Lando's sets which are the common offensive checks it has. Bullet Punch let's it serve as a revenge killer and kills most offensive mons that have no resist at +2, and basically sweep at +3. Superpower lets it hit Ferrothorn, Heatran, Magnezone, Bisharp, Corviknight and Melmetal be it for good chip damage at base or a kill at +2. Dual Wingbeat's main reason is to be able to kill Buzzwole and Volcanion and do good damage to Toxapex. It also kills Urshifu's and Volcarona's coming in expecting a swords dance. Don't get fooled though, Scizor SUCKS.

:ss/victini:

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Victini in rain sounds really dumb, and it really is tbh; but it does have some roles in the team. Victini provides with another fast-strong hitter through the use Scarf without needing rain. I chose an Adamant nature over Jolly because it can 2HKO any Lando set besides full defense. If the Lando doesn't have full speed investment or Scarf, you can V-Create a second time to net the kill. The downside to Adamant nature is Jolly Scarf Lando's/Urshifu's are faster, and that it can't hit Jolly Mew's twice before them setting up. Bolt Strike hits water and flying mons and can make use of scarf to clean low health mons without losing speed. U-turn let's pivot around to keep the pressure on. Trick helps deal with stall/super defensive teams by cutting out the options of one of the mons or locking them into recovery. It is also the only answer the team has for defensive setup mons like demon mew and CP Clefable/Jirachi.

How the Team Plays

The main win condition the team has is to use Kingdra/Scizor/Victini/Heliolisk to chip and/or kill checks that avoid any of the other two mons to sweep. Of course this is not always easy so the team requires to read your opponent often to keep up the pressure and avoid your mons from dying. The team itself has an answer/check for virtually every mon in the tier, however the "answer" is very limited by being just one mon. I would consider the team to be offensive so I don't really mind the lack of checks. The team really struggles against stall/super defensive teams that prolong the match out because of the lack of recovery and defog. Offensive mons that give the team a lot of trouble are Kartana, Lele, and Rillaboom; especially the last one. Band Rilla is a big problem for the team because it can basically OHKO every mon with the correct move.

Conclusion

Don't get me wrong, I know this team is really bad lol. It's heavily dependant on big reads, while making the wrong read could be game over. It also depends a lot on being smart about sacking your own mons which is never good. Nevertheless, the team is really fun and forces you to learn and think thoroughly about the game. If you have any questions on how the team deals with certain situations or certain teams like TR you can ask in the comments and I'll be more than happy to explain. Also please let me know if you'd be interested in a YT channel from me :$.

Here's a paste for the team if you wanna try it.
https://pokepast.es/f653074f5bed86f9

If you'd like to see the team in action:

Last edited:
I’ve seen this team on ladder and it’s based af. Nice job.

The type synergy is great but I don’t like the fat/bulky matchups. Think nothing on this team really muscles it’s way through thick cores so you are basically counting on strong reads and the surprise factor.

Kudos for making Kingdra cool again. It’s a very reliable rain dude. I am a fan of Ice Beam > Hurricane, as it opens up another lategame plan against dragon and grassy heavy teams. The type coverage is better than neutral damage, Kingdras SPA isn’t high enough to really abuse Hurricane. Urshifu-R already loses to Surf at -1, or Hydro Pump with minimal chip.

I’ve seen this team on ladder and it’s based af. Nice job.

The type synergy is great but I don’t like the fat/bulky matchups. Think nothing on this team really muscles it’s way through thick cores so you are basically counting on strong reads and the surprise factor.

Kudos for making Kingdra cool again. It’s a very reliable rain dude. I am a fan of Ice Beam > Hurricane, as it opens up another lategame plan against dragon and grassy heavy teams. The type coverage is better than neutral damage, Kingdras SPA isn’t high enough to really abuse Hurricane. Urshifu-R already loses to Surf at -1, or Hydro Pump with minimal chip.
Yeah fat bulky teams are a big big problem for the team. Sometimes the MU depends on what mon takes the tricked scarf and that's a one time only chance. I used to run Ice Beam>Hurricane for the reason you mention but that gave some issues with dealing with Ferro, Tini and it does more neutral damage than Ice Beam. I might give Ice Beam a try again since now I'm running offensive Scizor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)