Strategy & Metagame Tier Shift: A Fresh New Metagame on Pokemon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As a way of bringing more activity to the Other Metagames forum, the OM moderators decided to start an "OMotM" or Other Metagame of the Month to Pokemon Showdown. Basically, users vote on a popular Other Metagame to be added on as a new ladder to Pokemon Showdown! with a new metagame added every month. As the first OMotM, users voted to add a Tier Shift ladder. Since its implementation on Pokemon Showdown! the tier has gathered a much larger playerbase with everybody testing out different combinations.

Tier Shift is basically standard OU, except it gives the opportunity for lower tiered Pokemon to shine. UU Pokemon get +5 to all of its base stats. Likewise, RU Pokemon get a +10 boost and NU Pokemon a +15 boost.

Due to its blazing popularity, Zarel has actually decided against removing the ladder at the end of the month; as of this time, the Tier Shift ladder will remain playable on the ladder indefinitely! That said, I felt an article describing what it is and what kind of strategies are viable would be really helpful for users who are looking to get into the tier but don't know what it is or where to get started.

I'd like to see an article on Tier Shift. However, Birkal is the Other Metas guy, so I invite him to comment before saying anything either way~

Also, hey Treecko. :)

Okay, accepted you! You should now have access to the Article Workshop~

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

Thank you for your application! If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff or any of The Smog mentors (of which I am one) for advice! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)