- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Acrobatics
- Tera Blast

NEW MOVE: Wildbolt Storm - 100 BP |
electric.gif
|
special.png
| The user summons a thunderous tempest and savagely attacks with lightning and wind. This may also leave the target with paralysis.

Pros:
  • Stellar defensive typing, with only two weaknesses in Ice and Rock
  • Great coverage options, especially when factoring in Tera Blast with Tera Ice, allowing for the BoltBeam combo
  • Decently fast at 111 Spe
  • Prankster Thunder Wave and Taunt are great emergency and utility tools to have
  • Has access to several boosting options in Nasty Plot, Agility and Bulk Up
Cons:
  • Mediocre bulk, greatly undermining its typing
Terastallization Potential:
-Tera Ice is the most obvious stand out, giving it perfect neutral coverage with a pseudo BoltBeam combo
-Tera Fairy provides it with a better an alternate defensive typing that keeps its resistance to Fighting.
-Tera Steel or Water can be used for easing set up
- Tera Ground can be used for coverage on Acrobatics variants
-Tera Flying is an option to give it a special Flying STAB or boosting Acrobatics even further

Potential Sets:

Regi-who?
Thundurus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster /Defiant
Tera Type: Ice / Fairy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch / U-Turn
- Tera Blast / Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Thunder Wave / Taunt

With the Regieleki ban, Thundurus-I can follows on its step to become a reliable pivot with access to the potent BoltBeam combo. It can either pick between Volt Switch and U-turn. The former its boosted by STAB and hits harder coming off of Thundurus's higher SpA stat, but it can block by Ground types and pokemon with Lighting Rod/Volt Absorb (Though very few have this traits while not being vulnerable to Tera Ice Tera Blast), while the latter isn't block by any immunities, but unlike VS, it makes contact, making Thundurus take chip damage from Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin. Grass Knot is an alternative that still hits most ground types hard without burning your Tera. Same with Tera Fairy Tera Blast, if you want a better defensive typing. Prankster Thunder Wave is a great tool to cripple fast(er) offensive mons, while Taunt can shut down boosting options and status moves. However, beware that Prankster doesn't work on Dark types, which is why Defiant is listed as an alternative ability, allowing it to use Taunt on pre-Tera Ting-Lu, and maybe get a boost to U-turn if you run that. Thunder is an option for rain teams.

Bulk Up
Thundurus
Ability: Defiant / Prankster
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Tera Blast
- Thunder Punch / Wild Charge / Taunt / Thunder Wave

Thundurus come in running no Item to abuse the power of Acrobatics from the get go. Tera Ground Tera Blast provides almost perfect coverage with Acrobatics, while either Thunder Punch or Wild Charge provide a way to hit the few mons that resist the combo (With the exception of Thundurus-T). The latter is stronger, while the former lacks the recoil. T-Wave and Taunt can be use with Prankster for similar reasons as the other set, plus Prankster BU is neat.

Double Dance
Thundurus @ Heavy-Duty Boots / No Item
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Ice / Ground
EVs: 32 Def / 244 SpA / 232 Spe or 252 Atk / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest or Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot / Bulk Up
- Agility
- Thunderbolt / Acrobatics
- Tera Blast

The main advantage of this set compared to its Therian counterpart is that you can more viably run a Modest nature while still outspending pretty much everything, up to +1 Jolly/Timid Dragapult, while being barely weaker than Timid Thundurus-T, cloaking at 383 SpA compared to its 389 SpA. You can also do a physical version using BU and Acrobatics with Tera Ground instead. The 32 Def are to avoid the 2HKO from standard offensive Tusk's Close Combat pre-Tera.

RestTalk
Thundurus
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel / Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Acrobatics
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Fully abuse Prankster, using Sleep Talk to hit any non-Dark type with a priority boosted Acrobatics (which may allow for running a slower and bulkier spread, but you may not want to be always asleep, so I preferred to give it full invested). Either Tera Steel or Tera Water can be use to allow for an easier set up.

Overall Impressions:
While it has great tools, it does have competition from other Flying types, and even then, some of his advantages may be better replicated by Thundurus-T or Zapdos. All in all, I think it can hold a valuable niche, but it would likely fall to UU.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Eventide
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Losing Knock Off hurts so badly. Can't punish switch-ins for free.

Grass Knot needs to be mentioned somewhere in the first set. Lets you hit Tusk without burning Tera. I'd also slash Tera Fairy or something since a Volt Switcher appreciates having actual resistances and an immunity if it comes down to it.

Physical Double Dance with an item but running Acrobatics is gross. Just run Tera Flying with Tera Blast at that point if you want to keep STAB.

Last edited:
Grass Knot needs to be mentioned somewhere in the first set. Lets you hit Tusk without burning Tera. I'd also slash Tera Fairy or something since a Volt Switcher appreciates having actual resistances and an immunity if it comes down to it.
Yeah, I wanted to add Grass Knot, I just kinda forgot because of how good Tera Ice Tera Blast is at dealing with Ground types, but I'll add it now. Also Tera Fairy Tera Blast still hits a good chunk of grounds.

Physical Double Dance with an item but running Acrobatics is gross. Just run Tera Flying with Tera Blast at that point if you want to keep STAB.
Forgot to add "/No Item" but I also thought it was kinda obvious lol, my b.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)