This team took me 2 minutes to make. Gen 9 Stall featuring Paldean Tauros.

Okay, as the title explains, this is a stall team that has paldean tauros. While not the most, orthodox pick, there is a reason for it, and I will explain. For now, lets go over some important info.
Here's the first version of the team, moreso just the initial version, the one that actually took 2 minutes to make. https://pokepast.es/92b22f5d2a15d780
It features a few pokemon that didn't make it into the final draft, namely Clefable and Alomomola. Clefable served a good purpose in being a rocks setter but I chose to get rid of it because I had a magic guard, or at least status absorber in gliscor, and he could set spikes as well. Alomomola just didn't do what I wanted it to and just seemed to fall flat against setup mons, even with its stupid bulk.
The final version of the team, the one that utilizes Paldean Tauros is here. : https://pokepast.es/92b22f5d2a15d780
Let's go over the pokemon here.

1697847765799.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Protect
- Spikes

The real king of this team. I don't really know why gamefreak brought this pokemon back (or why its ou and not ubers) but it's absolutely ridiculous. This in tandem with the other pokemon in this team create a solid offensive core that just solves more problems then it creates. The moves are pretty standard with no real standout or crazy moves. Tera water because it allows it to tank ice beam or hydro from anything really threatening to it.

1697847867183.png

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Trick
- Focus Blast

Let's be real, this thing is stupid. It would not be a hazard stack stall team without Gholdengo. Good as Gold is such a nuts ability, this in tandem with scarf and trick allow you to stop setup sweepers as well as just revenge kill or provide safe switch ins for other mons on this team. Tera fighting is standard and allows fb to nuke Blissey.

1697847975593.png

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Speaking of, Blissey! Blissey is such a sick pokemon in the current sandbox. Ivs are setup to give it more natural bulk. Cm + SB + Seismic allow Blissey to reliably take on Manaphy 1v1 and kinda just win. It also serves as a great Gholdengo check since fb doesnt really hit it and after a calm mind, its never going to hit properly.

1697848096086.png

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- U-turn

I hate ogerpon, thats really about it. This really serves as a fantastic counter to ogerpon and just wins almost every single time into it. +2 is when mandibuzz kills ogerpon with foul play and that really just wraps that up. Here are some cool calcs for this.

+2 252 Atk Mandibuzz Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Wellspring: 339-400 (112.6 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Wellspring Mask Ogerpon-Wellspring Ivy Cudgel vs. 248 HP / 244+ Def Mandibuzz: 259-306 (61.2 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

1697848214892.png

Dondozo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Liquidation
- Body Press
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Probably my favorite pokemon to come out of Gen 9. Not because it might be really good, or that it has a cool ability with the fish thing (forgot the name and cba). It looks so damn stupid. Anyways, this solves my roaring moon issue as well as serves as a dedicated check to Sneasler. Gambit gives it a hard time but thats what our final member is for.

1697848386036.png

whats this for (Tauros-Paldea-Blaze) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earthquake/Filler
- Stone Edge/Filler

You are probably wondering "whats this for" and why the hell I'm using this stupid pokemon on this team. This team has one major issue, gigantic, and really struggled to win with the initial iteration of the team. Kingambit. This mon is absolutely idiotic, a extremely potent sweeper with great bulk that rewards bad plays. It really is ridiculous. Enter Tauros-Paldea-Blaze. Now, while this set doesn't look like anything special, I thought I could bring an important calc up.
+5 252+ Atk Supreme Overlord 5 allies fainted Kingambit Kowtow Cleave vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tauros-Paldea-Blaze: 284-335 (80.2 - 94.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO +5 because of intimidate. This + Body Press allows tauros to ohko gambit and survive. Stone edge is for the stupid tera flying set which makes me wanna pull my head off (or can be filler) , and will o wisp if I can catch another physical sweeper on the swap.

So, yea, this is the team, I would appreciate any and all feedback possible as it would really help me out in the long run and help with making this team the best it could be. Thanks everyone!

DaRotomMachine

I COULD BE BANNED!
Doesn't your dondozo already take care of kingambit(I mean, besides tera flying, which then you need something else)?
I think Tauros can get removed for another staller or something.

(also what about Tera FIghting Gholdengo focus Blast?)

Doesn't your dondozo already take care of kingambit(I mean, besides tera flying, which then you need something else)?

yea im ngl i made this rmt at like 3am and forgot to send it in and just sent it in when i hopped back on idk what i was on about with the gholdengo thing

Bozo sometimes can run avalanche over liquidation for the dragonite and tera flying kingambit matchup. Also helps vs water ogerpon (after you defensive tera ofc), as you can't accidentally heal it using sleep talk.

Update: upon further testing and talking in the stall discord I changed the team around a little bit
I'll put the notable differences here:

Defensive gholdengo allows me to have more bulk on the team with light screen and recover letting it live longer while having more bulk overall, speed control, while helpful, doesn't have a resonable place on the team.

Gholdengo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Light Screen
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

This literally is such a crazy mon and I'm surprised it isn't used as much as it is. It absolutely swallows a lot of the big parts of the meta, namely dragapult which really tickles it with anything other than dragon darts. Admittedly, it does lose to a lot, but it does end up working really well in grind games with its solid bulk and typing. RestTalk gives its only form of recovery as well as knock and eq giving it good coverage moves without the need for stab.

Goodra-Hisui @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

new team importable:
https://pokepast.es/25f6d292cf239b07

1) Knock off > u-turn allows u to punish boots gholdengo trying to switch in and block ur defog options, it also makes it so you can wear down pokemon like rotom-w trying to switch in. You can also use toxic as htis makes more progress against certain mons like alo trying to get free wish passes, smth like great tusk trying to spin for free, and others

2) Because this is a stall team u can easily go hex gholdengo or just not go it at all... idk what it does but id rather just use smth like corv as a fogger or maybe even use another pokemon

3) JUst cuz blissey is sp. def doesnt mean evertthing else has to be phys def.. you need insurance in the case blissey eats a crit, gets lucked, or other things that it will continue to stay up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)