This is my ou team

Alright guys, I've been playing around a lot with my ou team. Every change I make I feel like my team is better, its just still not there. As of right now I feel like mg team is too electric week and not as much as before but a bit status weak. Anyways here's the team.

Greninja@life orb
4 att/252 spa/252 speed
Hasty nature
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Taunt
U-turn
This guy is my lead and late game sweeper. Taunt is there and can prevent early game set up. U-turn do scouting. Necesary on my team to handle the landoruses and garchomp

Tyranitar@tyrantite
4 HP/252 att/252 speed
Jolly nature
Dragon dance
Stone edge
Crunch
Fire blast
This guy is solid. Can switch into special attacks and talonflame. He typically serves the purpose of coming in right after greninja at the beginning and sweeping shitty teams, or wall breaking. Rarely is my late game sweeper

Volcarona @ leftovers
4 HP/252 def/252 spatt
Bold nature
Quiver dance
Fiery dance
Rest
Sleep talk
I really like this set. This guy cab do a lot. He can tank scizor bullet punches(something my team doesn't like), and set up on unsuspecting stall mons who try and status it. Once my opponents tyranitar and talonflame are gone he can easily get to +6 and sweep. I like this set

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
252 HP/48 def/208 SPD
Impish nature
Power whip
Leech seed
Protect
Stealth rock
This guy is a mixed wall. Only guy on my team that resists electric, and thus does not fear rotom. The sp def evs allow me to pretty easily take uninvested fire blasts. He and mandibuzz are my two main switch ins. Leftovers+ leech seed is solid recovery. Also sets up stealth rock.

Mandibuzz Leftovers
252 HP/252 def/4 speed
Impish nature
Foul play
Defog
Taunt
Roost
This move set is simple. Switch into physicals threats, taunt to prevent setups and hazards(mandibuzz fortunately is faster than most hazard setters), foul play frail powerful physical attackers, and roost off dmg. I originally had life orb mamoswine and crobat on my team instead of greninja and mandibuzz to fill the lead/sweeper/spinner roles on my team, and I like the added bulkiness of mandibuzz as a spinner, but I hate that I lost an electric immunity and wish I could have a gliscor with defog to fill mandibuzz s role(poison heal + defog is illegal)

Azumarill @ choice band
252 HP/4 def/252 att
Adamant nature
Aqua jet
Waterfall
Play rough
Superpower
This guy tears apart walls. He's been on my team for a while. I need him for a fighting type counter. Having at least one priority move I find invaluable.

Anyways, that's my team. I just feel like something's not there. I apologize in advance if this formatting isn't to smogons liking

This team is pretty good, only a few things. If Greninja is your late game sweeper, It's not a great idea to lead with it because it could get damaged. For that reason, I'd switch Taunt out for Extrasensory, to deal with Fighting types, who would otherwise threaten your Ttar. Also, you may want to consider something to take out Fairy Types, who might cause trouble. Looking good overall, though. Good luck.

Alright guys, I've been playing around a lot with my ou team. Every change I make I feel like my team is better, its just still not there. As of right now I feel like mg team is too electric week and not as much as before but a bit status weak. Anyways here's the team.

Greninja@life orb
4 att/252 spa/252 speed
Hasty nature
Hydro pump
Ice beam
Taunt
U-turn
This guy is my lead and late game sweeper. Taunt is there and can prevent early game set up. U-turn do scouting. Necesary on my team to handle the landoruses and garchomp

Tyranitar@tyrantite
4 HP/252 att/252 speed
Jolly nature
Dragon dance
Stone edge
Crunch
Fire blast
This guy is solid. Can switch into special attacks and talonflame. He typically serves the purpose of coming in right after greninja at the beginning and sweeping shitty teams, or wall breaking. Rarely is my late game sweeper

Volcarona @ leftovers
4 HP/252 def/252 spatt
Bold nature
Quiver dance
Fiery dance
Rest
Sleep talk
I really like this set. This guy cab do a lot. He can tank scizor bullet punches(something my team doesn't like), and set up on unsuspecting stall mons who try and status it. Once my opponents tyranitar and talonflame are gone he can easily get to +6 and sweep. I like this set

Ferrothorn @ leftovers
252 HP/48 def/208 SPD
Impish nature
Power whip
Leech seed
Protect
Stealth rock
This guy is a mixed wall. Only guy on my team that resists electric, and thus does not fear rotom. The sp def evs allow me to pretty easily take uninvested fire blasts. He and mandibuzz are my two main switch ins. Leftovers+ leech seed is solid recovery. Also sets up stealth rock.

Mandibuzz Leftovers
252 HP/252 def/4 speed
Impish nature
Foul play
Defog
Taunt
Roost
This move set is simple. Switch into physicals threats, taunt to prevent setups and hazards(mandibuzz fortunately is faster than most hazard setters), foul play frail powerful physical attackers, and roost off dmg. I originally had life orb mamoswine and crobat on my team instead of greninja and mandibuzz to fill the lead/sweeper/spinner roles on my team, and I like the added bulkiness of mandibuzz as a spinner, but I hate that I lost an electric immunity and wish I could have a gliscor with defog to fill mandibuzz s role(poison heal + defog is illegal)

Azumarill @ choice band
252 HP/4 def/252 att
Adamant nature
Aqua jet
Waterfall
Play rough
Superpower
This guy tears apart walls. He's been on my team for a while. I need him for a fighting type counter. Having at least one priority move I find invaluable.

Anyways, that's my team. I just feel like something's not there. I apologize in advance if this formatting isn't to smogons liking

Well I'm just gonna go from the top to the bottom.

Your Greninja, it shouldn't really be considered a late game sweeper, imo. It has some amazing speed, which can only be outclassed and killed by scarfs, Deo-S and Talonflame with Jolly nature, or by priority like Mach Punch. It's a good lead but idk about sweeping, but it def does poke some holes in teams. As for the moveset, if you wanna run U-Turn, that's fine. Ice beam is fine. Scald > Hydro Pump because better accuracy and it has a chance to burn shit. As for taunt, that's up to you, but I'd personally run Extrasensory to deal with Fighting/Poison, a big one being Mega Venu.

For your Tyranitar, EV's look good and Nature is good too but the nature conflicts with Fire Blast, which is a special attack. If you're gonna DD boost, Fire Punch > Fire Blast but imo, Ice Punch > Fire ( ) because it's more needed in the meta than fire punch. Crunch is useless, take it out for Earthquake so you can have the EdgeQuake combo which covers like almost everything and hits neutral if not super effective on everything.

Volcarona only has one attacking move:Fiery Dance. I see what you're trying to do but it won't work. What if I put in a Heatran or Houndoom or anything else running Flash Fire for that matter, because you rarely come across a team w/o a Heatran in it, atleast in my experience. And personally, if you want a bulky set for Volcarona, run these EV's 248HP - Odd HP number so it can survive 3 stealth rocks. 192Def - to give it some bulk. 64 Spe - For speed. As for the moveset, I'd keep Quiver Dance and Fiery Dance, but if you want a Volcarona that could heal itself, run Roost. But if you're like me and rather have an all out attacking one and have enough faith that your defogger won't die, you don't have to run it. But in either case, if you run Roost, use either HP Fire/Giga Drain, up to you, but if you don't and want full coverage, run both. You'll hit everything neutrally, if not Super Effective.

As for Ferro, no problems with it except I think you should focus the Physical bulk on Ferro and put Special onto Mandibuzz. Ferro makes an amazing Physical wall and with Iron Barbs, everything hurts. You can also put on Rocky Helmet it, for dual damage with Iron Barbs. But that's all your choice.

Mandibuzz, nothing to say here.

Azumarill, I'd personally run Knock Off > Waterfall because you're gonna end up forcing switches with it and it's nice utility, but again, it's all personal preference.

lol sorry I said so much but I hope I helped somewhat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)