SV OU This Is My Balanced Offense Team

Is This A Viable Team (Read Thuroghly Before Voting)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://pokepast.es/988d1d85529ecf69
I'm Going To Explain This Team One By One, And I'll Add Replays Later. Later Being Whenever I Feel Like. The Concept Of This Team Is A Offense Team With Decent Defensive Capabilities.

First Off Is Dragapult
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.05 AM.png

I Choose Dragapult Because It's Strength, Speed, And Movepool. If You Are Wondering Why I Ran Special Dragapult, It Is To Save My Choice Band For Later. Infiltrator To Ignore Substitutes, Screens, And Various Other Things. Dragapult's Draco Meteor Is No Hydreigon, But Draco Meteor Is Draco Meteor, I Don't Think I Have To Explain Any Further. Shadow Ball Is Used For Ghost STAB Moving On. Flamethrower Is To Melt Steel Types To A Crisp, Along With Grass, Bug, And Ice Types. And Finally, We Have Thunderbolt, Which Helps Against Bulky Waters Like Azumarill, Dondozo, And Toxapex. You Probably Won't Tera Dragapult. Also, Change 252 Atk EVs To 252 SpA EVs

Next We Have Corviknight.
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.10 AM.png

Corviknight Is Part Of The Defensive Backbone, And Hazard Removal Backbone Of The Team. U-Turn Is Used To Switch Out Safely Into A Corviknight Checks Check. A CHECKmate, If You Will. Roost Is Used For Recovery. No Duh. Defog Is For Hazard Removal, But Isn't My Only Form Of Hazard Removal. And Finally, Body Press Is Used To Deal Reliable Damage If There Is No Safe Switch-In.

Up Next Is Quaquaval
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.14 AM.png

Quaquaval Is The Other Hazard Removal Tool. I Choose Liquidation For A Recoilless Water STAB, And The Defense Drop Is Always Nice. Replace Liquidation With Aqua Step. Rapid Spin Is For Hazard Removal. It Might Not Have The STAB Or Power Of Aqua Step, But It Also Removes Binding Moves And Leech Seed. Replace Close Combat With Brick Break For STAB and Screens Removal On Non-Ghost Types. And Swords Dance Because Swords Dance+Moxie Is F***ing Disgusting.

Chien-Pao Is Next
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.16 AM.png

Choice Band Chien-Pao Is Frankly Disgustingly Strong, Just Like Quaquaval. Swords Dance, With Chien-Pao's Typing And Lack Of Bulk, Makes Choice Band My Item Of CHOICE (Pun Very Much Intended)Here. Crunch Is Used For STAB, And The Defense Drop From Crunch Is A Phenomenal Thing To Get. Psychic Fangs Is For Psychic Type Coverage, And It Destroys Screens On Any Non-Dark Type. Sacred Sword Is For Fighting Type Coverage, And It Does Not Care About Your Dondozo's +6 Defense, As It Ignores Stat Changes. And Finally Ice Spinner Is Used For Removing Terrain And For 100% Accurate Ice STAB.

Second To Last Is Volcarona
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.20 AM.png

Volcarona Is My Special Wallbreaker. Heavy Duty Boots Helps With Volcarona's Quad Stealth Rock Weakness. Quiver Dance Is Used To Set-Up, With Morning Sun For Recovery. Fiery Dance Is Used For Fire STAB And To (Hopefully) Get The SpA Raise. Finally, Giga Drain Is For Damaging Recovery That Can Break Through Bulky Waters Like Non-Sap Sipper Azumarill, Dondozo, Rotom-Wash, And Toxapex. Tera Grass Is Used To Help With Hazards, Ground Type Moves, And Granting Giga Drain The Blessing Of STAB.

Finally, We Have Our Lord And Savior C L O D S I R E
Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.13.23 AM.png

Unaware Clodsire Is A Prerequisite On Bulky Teams In Gen 9 OU/Ubers. Waterfall Is Used To Hit Water Weak Pokemon. Toxic Is Used To Wear Down Non-Poison Types. Earthquake Is For Consistent STAB Damage. And Finally, Recover Is For... RECOVERY. Dun Dun Duhhhhh. All Jokes Aside, Yeah I Think It's A Good Team

I Have No Known Counters To My Team, So Help Me Out In The Comments So I Can Fix It Up. Also, Only Use OU Pokemon As Examples. I Am Also Aware I Need Replays, I'll Get Them Some Time In The Not So Distant Future, Next Sunday AD

Last edited:

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
If You Are Wondering Why I Ran Special Dragapult, It Is To Save My Choice Band For Later
There’s no duplicate items clause in Smogon formats, you’re free to run 2 Band mons.

Clear Amulet seems a bit weird on Quaquaval but I could see it being useful as both Tauros get more popular.

Maybe swap out Liquidation on Clodsire for something like a hazard.

There’s no duplicate items clause in Smogon formats, you’re free to run 2 Band mons.

Clear Amulet seems a bit weird on Quaquaval but I could see it being useful as both Tauros get more popular.

Maybe swap out Liquidation on Clodsire for something like a hazard.
I didn't want 5 Physical Attackers And Only 1 Special.
Also, Clodsire has Waterfall Not Liquidation, and I'm using a reccomended set

I didn't want 5 Physical Attackers And Only 1 Special.
Also, Clodsire has Waterfall Not Liquidation, and I'm using a reccomended set
Its a bad reccomended set, just run toxic, stealth rock, eq, and recover on clodsire and you should be golden. Also, quaqeval seems weird with that set, try using a bulky hdb quaqeval with rapid spin, roost, aqua step, and uturn, it'll give more defensive options for the team and make it a solid spinner. Corviknight is good, but I don't think it serves the purpose you want it to here, try using a rotom-wash instead. Set is below. Other than that its a fun team, maybe swap tbolt for uturn on pult but it looks kinda solid.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave

Its a bad reccomended set, just run toxic, stealth rock, eq, and recover on clodsire and you should be golden. Also, quaqeval seems weird with that set, try using a bulky hdb quaqeval with rapid spin, roost, aqua step, and uturn, it'll give more defensive options for the team and make it a solid spinner. Corviknight is good, but I don't think it serves the purpose you want it to here, try using a rotom-wash instead. Set is below. Other than that its a fun team, maybe swap tbolt for uturn on pult but it looks kinda solid.
Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunder Wave
Sire Now Has Rocks

I would suggest considering icicle crash over ice spinner (10 more power and flinch over 100% accuracy is clearly worth it ) Grimmsnarl is not very common . Psychic fangs does provide coverage but you miss out of priority . Also crunch 2hkos toxapex and icicle crash koes valiant

Also, nobody agrees with me so I’d want some confirmation, couldn’t Throat Chop be better over Crunch? It allows you to scout Dirge’s Tera and beat Tera Water

Also, nobody agrees with me so I’d want some confirmation, couldn’t Throat Chop be better over Crunch? It allows you to scout Dirge’s Tera and beat Tera Water
Nope not really . If you are banded , you most prolly ko max def skeledirge with crunch anyway ( cant check the calc rn) . Also , if i am to use tera on pao , i would use will-o-wisp first to completely handicap pao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)