This could be something quite different.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Okay so I've been toying with this team a lot and there are issues!

Mixape: 99% of the time I have to sacrifice Porygon2 in order to take it down (Take a CC in the face and TWave it), meaning it kills at least two pokemon each time.

Cursepert: Curse/Waterfall/Rest/Sleep Talk Swampert beats my entire team. I want to run HP Grass on Zapdos in order to counter it, or I'm considering Celebi/Vappy over Porygon 2 but I love it too much =(

Last Poke Garchomp: I have a feeling SD Lucario really isn't worth building a team around. Enemy Garchomps are also a bit giant pain since with a little luck it can take down Zapdos, Swampert, and Pory2 at full health (it has happened before....)

Salamence: Scizor is the only real switch in but it's afraid of flamethrower. Mixmence could be devastating and it's likely i have to sacrifice something to bring it down (Which I don't mind too much)

Other than that, I like this team especially the Pokemon in it. So rate away :D;;;

Ok I just fuckin Love this Format. Onto the team...

Infernape pretty much is Good Game for you. Hidden power Ice OHKOs Garchomp, Flamethrower for Scizor, Lucario, and Zapdos (to an extent). Close Combat for Porygon Z and Porygon can't switch in. You have to sacrifice. And Grass Knot for Swampert.

One way to fix this is giving Zapdos a more special Defensive focused EV spread and Thunder Wave allowing you to switch in and cripple. That right now is your best bet without remodeling the entire team.

I also see Mamoswine giving you severe problems. I think the best thing you can do is get rid of Porygon 2 for Cresselia. Yeah I said it. I hate saying it but...

Cresselia will wall Infernape, Garchomp, Gyarados, Electivire, and Mamoswine. It really can not get much better for you. Cresselia also deals with your other threats like Salamence.

This looks like a fun team and I really can't think of anything else to say. Solid.

I'd make Zapdos Calm with special defence EVs. This does mean your Heracross "weak" will be bigger. But at this moment I've experienced mixed Infernapes are more common, so it should be worth it.

A rest-talk Zapdos won't threaten Suicune after it has used Rest or Sleep Talk. No Zapdos uses an offensive spread with Rest-Talk, so Suicune can do whatever it would like to. At this point I can't seem much more, but it's late. I'll probably post something else later.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Haha, love the format. I should note that most lead gengar switch out immediately after hypnosis (usually since they are scarfed) meaning scizor wouldnt get to pursuit until later. Also, I never liked u-turn on scizor as I felt he was too slow to put it to good use, so if you really want brick break I'd use it over u-turn.

As for the mixape weakness, I've found that the best switch in is usually bulky starmie. Most will nasty plot on the switch, but even if they grass knot, it will not ohko without the boost and starmie outspeeds. I'd replace porygon 2 with her, as she can also "counter" gyarados and garchomp. It will also provide a back up way to get rid of gliscor and give your team more special attack power.

OMG I ROFLMAO at the format.

Anyways, I'm not sure changing Zapdos to Calm will help, because an Infernape's Fire Blast can still KO with LO. I think SR would guarantee the KO on Porygon2 as well. Azelf could give you problems as well. Some extra Speed might help both of those weaks.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
IMMA RIDIN' MAH METEOR BITCH!

Hm, I can't help but think that you should use Swampert as a lead just to get Stealth Rock up and going. I see what you mean as far as leading with Garchomp, but you ruin some of the suprise this way in my opinion. But, I'm stubborn and usually think that Garchomp is better for the mid to late-game in the first place.

I think, like Shiny Crobat said, that you could tweak the EVs on Zapdos to take Mixape a bit better, but other than that I don't see why you're holy hell worried about it. I also see how Starmie might work in this team, seeing as it counter Gyarados still as well as your Mixape problem... mostly fixed. Pory-2 can easily be replaced for it too. Or you could just be cool and use... Rapid Spin over T-Bolt if you want.

It's a great team. By the way, your format pisses me off. (Joking).

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As much as I like the format, I'd also like to see some real rates here, since I'm ASSUMING that's what you posted this team for.

Calm Zapdos is one of the best Mixape counters in the game (until Manaphy/Latias get moved down, it's probably the best you'll have). I would also replace Rest with Roost, but keep Sleep Talk. You'll have a sleep absorber, but Roost is a much better healing move compared to Rest in my opinion.

Uber Scizor in OU is great, keep it the way it is in my opinion.

Mixmence is a real pain, but you CAN play around it between Scizor and Zapdos (assuming you change to Calm).

Really, it's a nice team, I don't really see what to change besides what I've suggested.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was great until you stopped the little cartoons.
I got lazy

As much as I like the format, I'd also like to see some real rates here, since I'm ASSUMING that's what you posted this team for.
You assume correctly >:P I just felt like going nuts with the format. As much as I'm amused that people are enjoying the format I'm sort of irked by the lack of rates

Haha, love the format. I should note that most lead gengar switch out immediately after hypnosis (usually since they are scarfed) meaning scizor wouldnt get to pursuit until later. Also, I never liked u-turn on scizor as I felt he was too slow to put it to good use, so if you really want brick break I'd use it over u-turn.
Without U Turn, Celebi destroys my team. I'm not really going to rely on Garchomp Flamethrower to kill it, and Pory2/Zapdos will just get outstalled with Leech Seed help.

Hm, I can't help but think that you should use Swampert as a lead just to get Stealth Rock up and going. I see what you mean as far as leading with Garchomp, but you ruin some of the suprise this way in my opinion. But, I'm stubborn and usually think that Garchomp is better for the mid to late-game in the first place.
Garchomp is nearly impossible to bring in the middle of the game nowadays, especially if it's not going to sweep. I'm not too fond of trying to bring it in earlier with all the Ice attacks flying around and it's sort of hard to find things that will run away from Garchomp

One way to fix this is giving Zapdos a more special Defensive focused EV spread and Thunder Wave allowing you to switch in and cripple. That right now is your best bet without remodeling the entire team.
Calm Zapdos is one of the best Mixape counters in the game (until Manaphy/Latias get moved down, it's probably the best you'll have). I would also replace Rest with Roost, but keep Sleep Talk. You'll have a sleep absorber, but Roost is a much better healing move compared to Rest in my opinion.
The thing is that my team is on a delicate balance between really Heraweak and really mixape weak. My team currently can handle both of them, but I'm not sure if Calm Zappy can handle Heracross who otherwise can pick apart my team one by one. I sort of want to replace a pokemon with Gliscor =/

I also see Mamoswine giving you severe problems. I think the best thing you can do is get rid of Porygon 2 for Cresselia. Yeah I said it. I hate saying it but...
Mamoswine isn't an issue with Swampert around

Anyway, one suggestion I've been toying with was Vaporeon over Porygon2 who gives me wish support, and wall the fuck out of Swampert (who IS a real issue against my team). And I don't know how much Nasty Plot Garss Knot does to it (I'm going to assume Vappy is light here) I've been toying with it a bit and I didn't like it (then again I only used it for a few battles) but I sort of want more opinions on it :P

Latias and Manaphy needs to be unbanned already D:

EDIT: Oh, I made it into the Top 100 list, yay!

The format looks great and all but I like being able to quote shit when I'm helping some one improve a team.

You said your having a problem with Garchomp sweeping in the late game, why not switch Lucario for Mamoswine? It adds a Water weakness I know, but this teams typing is already pretty good, the only things that mess with it are fighting and fire. CB Ice Shard or 1+ Att from a Curse Ice Shard on Naughty Garchomp will be a OHKO after Swampy throws down those SR.

Ninetails is a SERIOUS problem for this team. Like big time. Switches in on Scizor, Np's. OHKOs Swampy, Scizor, Lucario, don't know about Zap but it will 2HKO.

Good team, funny format, but I personally would say its a one time thing my self.

I enjoy this thread.

Just glancing at the team, the thing I'd probably try is one of those new defensive Salamences over Zapdos. It helps better with the whole fighting issue as I imagine once Zapdos used Rest, even coming in on Scarf Close Combats won't help, especially since SR will also be out.

Salamence helps with the fighting resistance thanks to Intimidate, but if you go with those, you have 2 options. You can add more offense by using the Dragon Dancing one. However, Mence can Wish, which would allow you to keep the Porygon2.

As for the Swampert, I don't see why your own Scizor can't handle that on it's own. Light Screen stops the Hydro Pumps, and for safe insurance, one swift switch to Salamence on an Earthquake and then back guarantees Swampert won't do shit at all and you probably can nick a few Pursuits off of it here and there.

Also, depending on how much it bothers your team, I wouldn't mind a Forretress or Donphan over Swampert. Forretress would still count as a Weavile counter, while Donphan handles all physical variants of Tyranitar quite fine. If it's a Boah, it should be handled fine by your Scizor. Scizor also takes over the Weavile countering duties if you decide on Donphan.

However, no matter the team, I think Azelf can be a real issue here, as a Nasty Plot Life Orb Psychic will probably OHKO everything that isn't already KO'd by Flamethrower (Scizor/Lucario). Heatran is the only counter that would seem to fit this team, which wouldn't go too bad over Porygon2 if you're using a WishMence.

If we go with everything, the final team looks something like:

Garchomp Scizor [Donphan/Swampert] Salamence Heatran Lucario

P.S. Dude above, Porygon2 totally shuts down Ninetales. Garchomp switches easily in on anything as well. =/

I only count as a dude...shit I have to post herr more.

Pory 2 only has....0 sp def evs haha. And Flamethrower and Fireblast both 2HKO it. So if it switches in on a Fireblast/Flame thower....its f'ed in the a.

Yes I just did the calcs.

Fblast holding LO 1Np 252sp Timid = 256-305 dmg
Fthrower =204-241

No I am of course assuming that the Ninetails will get off a Np before Porygon2 switches in. None the less. Its taking 60% damage from Fireblast after it switches in no mater what. Not good.

Garchomp does so better I will agree but are you really counting on a lead to stick around for a late game sweep.

I think my brain left my head for my past two posts.

None the less, this team is Ninetails weak, and I just made my self look like really stupid.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
Bulky Salamence sounds like an excellent idea, but the only issue now is that Togekiss destroys me. I'm not sure how good Scizor is at taking Yanmega either (STAB Air Slash hurts), and Scizor really can't do anything back to them. Donphan can Ice Shard it, but it still doesn't help too much, and Swampert is generally more useful... I guess this team is at the point where I can't change anything without disrupting the balance =/

I suggest you get some type of wish support on your team. Vaporeon would do this team some good.

Nice format.

With a Calm Zapdos, Swords Dance Lucario could be a pain. You have only one Fighting resist (Zapdos) that will serve another purpose after you make it Calm. SD Lucario with Reversal and Salac berry is even more dangerous after salac activates. Lucario is the only pokemon you have that has a priority attack and the only pokemon that could kill it (IF it has one HP left).

^yeah, but he kinda does have a pursuiter that is there to be able to take out gengar, y'know, before the lategame. just look at the animaation.

Tangerine just wanted to comment on something you replied to earlier. Mamoswine Choice Band Earthquake can 2HKO a Swampert. So he really isn't a solid counter, especially lacking speed and a recovery move.

please tell me you can do maths.
Tangerine is missing 2 EVs!

This team is very similar to one of my teams for which the defensive core is Reflect Cresselia, Roaring Swampert and Sleep Talk Zapdos.

That team's main problems occur when Swampert goes down, at which point Tyranitar tends to become a huge problem (however, with Lucario and Scizor you shouldn't have any problems with it...). Additionally it cannot beat Toxic stalling Zapdos when it is accompanied by something that beats my own Zapdos. Gengar can also be troublesome, but you appear to have found the answer!

Since you don't have Psychic Cresselia, I suppose you will also have trouble with Infernape and Breloom which I happened to have trouble with before I made that edit to my team.

Porygon2 looks like the best candidate for replacement, since it is just providing a redundant BoltBeam and attempting to counter what Cresselia would be countering anyway. Whether you keep a similar set replacing Thunderbolt with Psychic is up to you, but it would help to beat the aforementioned Fight types.

This would open up a Dark weakness but you have Scizor and Lucario already so hopefully that won't pose too much of a problem. Swampert + Cresselia + Zapdos are quite a good defensive core in my opinion (despite Swampert/Cresselia's lack of good recovery :pirate:), especially when accompanied by a good Dark resist.

Toxic stalling Zapdos isn't very common but in the event that you see one I would suggest setting up Light Screen then scaring it away with one of your sweepers... Hopefully you won't come across one at all though :heart:

To be honest, this team looks like a combination of two of my best teams + a Scizor, which is pretty cool :toast:

P.S. Nice format!

edit: MoP's support Salamence suggestion may also be a good idea, although it would probably make you even more Zapdos weak unless you used a RestTalk Cresselia/Heatran instead (Cresselia might not beat Zapdos assuming Zapdos switches when its SDef falls but Zapdos won't beat Cresselia either!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)