ORAS LC The Stinky Squad (PEAKED TOP 20)

Introduction:

Hello guys! LePros here with my first ever RMT! I have been playing many tiers by the time I joined PS and LC really stole my heart (just because I was good at it) , so I wanted to share a team I love with you!I have also Peaked among the top 8 of Or/aS LC ,but unfortuantely i have lost my image to prove it.

Teambuilding Process:

So I wanted to build a team around Stunky , because it is the best Abra and Ghastly check +counter , that also has access to Defog and Sucker Punch. Stunky is an underrated Pokemmon in LC and I wanted to prove myself that was not the thing.

Now I wanted something to play around with the opposing teams ,because Stunky can switch into the battlefield as an offensive swith, or with volt/turn , so I decided it works better with a volt/turn core.The first Pokemon I came up with was of course Mienfoo , definately one of the best Pokemons in LC with access to a great movepool. So I began creating my Volt/turn core.

My team was already really weak to Flying types such as Fletchling and I needed a Larvesta and Ponyta check because they have got a really good matchup against Mienfoo.The greatest solution was to put Chinchou in , a great defensive wall that easily checks all Fire type Pokemon and is a complete counter to Fletchling.

As you can already see yourselves , those three Pokemon are really weak to ground type attacks, so I needed a Grass type to help checking these ground mons and eating up those EQs. I decided to go with Foongus and build a small Regenerator core with Mienfoo. Foongus can easily switch into all Ground type attacks and can potentially work as a Pawniard lure , if you pack it with HP fighting.

In order to continue I really needed some hazards and a good and dedicated lead . Onix filled those requierements because it Speed tied with other common Leads and has access to Taunt and Stealth Rocks. With the Berry Juice set it can be a really big threat + it has a good typing and it's weakenesess can be covered by my other Pokemons.

For my last Pick I chose Fletchling, in order to have a potential late game sweeper and a good revenge killer or switch into some annoying Mons and OHKO them with acrobatics. My team also needed a strong flying stab in order to deal with all those bulky Fighting types and opposing Foonguses.

After my team was ready to go and I started laddering I realised my team had problem with opposing archens. And by problem I mean it can completely OHKO all 6 of my pokemon ,especially the Berry Juice set. I also had problem with Shell Smash and Belly Drum users. Therefore I put Ferrothorn in to replace Onix as another SR user and a good check to Shell smash users.

The Team :

Finally let's move into the sets of my Pokemon

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
Level: 5
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 108 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast / Sludge Bomb
- Defog
The leader of my Stinky Squad. Stunky can switch into w/o even caring in Abra and Ghatly and Pursuit trap 2 of the biggest threads in the metagame. Sucker punch is to finish off worn down'ed oppoents. Fire Blast to deal with annoying Ferroseeds and Pawniards ,both of them 2HKOes. Sludge Bomb is a solution to fairy types but i personally prefer Fire blast because I can deal with fairies quite easily.Here are some calcs to see just how powerfull Stuky is.

92+ Atk Stunky Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 18-24 (94.7 - 126.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

92+ Atk Stunky Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abra: 18-24 (94.7 - 126.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

240 SpA Abra Dazzling Gleam vs. 12 HP / 188 SpD Stunky: 9-11 (39.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

108 SpA Stunky Fire Blast vs. 84 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 16-20 (72.7 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics
I do not need to say much about this guy. He is the King of LC at the moment can knock off everything and easily pivots some guranteed switches.I mostly ran fake out or taunt in Mienfoos but this time I chose Acrobatis as a lure for opposing Mienfoos or Timbrus to Knock off me the turn I knock of them , and then immediatly use Acrobatics and OHKO. I really like this move because you catch them off guard and you gain a lot of momentum.

0 Atk Mienfoo Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Mienfoo Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 76 HP / 76+ Def Timburr: 18-22 (72 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO ( Does the same amount of damage to defensive Foongus as well)

Chinchou @ Eviolite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Volt Switch
Chinchou serves as a good Fletchling check and opposing Chinchou check. With the right plays you can use its ability to your advantage.Chinchou can also grant tons of momentum and put severe pressure in the opposing team. I chose to run the rest/talk set because it makes it more bulky and persistent to attack and it can be even take an Abra energy ball. Chinchou can switch into status moves that can cure with rest and can OHKO thigs like Drilbur without a single EV on SP.Attack.

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Another great wall in the metagame . Making a regenerator core with Mienfoo this thing can check tons of pokemon such as all the fighting types ,Magnemite , and Spritzee +Cottonee. You can spore something in a switch in or a set-up sweeper. Giga drain and Suldge Bomb are my main STABS.I chose Hp fighting in orde to lure into Pawniards and OHKO or 2HKO them.
0 SpA Foongus Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 116 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 16-20 (76.1 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 40 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

Fletchling serves as my late game sweeper.With access to U-turn to help the Volt/turn core and put some pressure in the other team.Acrobatics is a deadly move that hits hard almost everything. Overheat is to lure Ferroseed and then potentially OHKO it. Use SD on a sure switch or when you enter the battlefield and the Opponent is waiting for the revenge kill and switches out. Fleth with +2 acrobatics almost OHKOes all the meta.

40 SpA Fletchling Overheat vs. 84 HP / 148+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 20-24 (90.9 - 109%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

My best wall of the team. Ferro can check into my biggest threat ,archen, and T-wave some fast sweepers in order to help my teammates outspeed them. Bullet seed does tons of Damage in shell smash users that are mostly Water/Rock type and can break sturdy , or waste their berry juice , or even break a Substitute and then kill. Keep in mind you must be almost at full HP in order to switch safely into those Pokemons.

Threatlist:

: Even though I have ferro in this thing is the biggest Threat on my team. You have to carefully play around it and keep ferro on high HP and you will able to manage it succesfully.
A.K.A Shell Smash and Belly Drum users: Again your key to victory is Ferroseed . You will face succesfully those sweepers with no reckless moves and much,much pivoting.
: Diglett is a small threat on the team, as it can trap Chinchou or a weakened ally and kill it . Dealing with it is not really hard, but you must ALWAYS have in your back of your mind a potential switch in to Diglett.

: This Pokemon Is also a minor threat to the team as it can deal massive damage to all of my pokemon with return and Fire Punch Ferro. But in order to do that it must be scarfed so Fletch and Ferro can deal with it somehow. You should be carefull anyway, though.

Here Is an Importable of your team If you want it to use it yourself:

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Foongus @ Eviolite
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Chinchou @ Eviolite
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 148 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald
- Volt Switch

Stunky @ Eviolite
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 12 HP / 92 Atk / 60 Def / 108 SpA / 188 SpD / 4 Spe
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Fire Blast
- Defog

Fletchling
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 76 HP / 200 Atk / 12 Def / 40 SpA / 180 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Acrobatics
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Swords Dance

TrueGodLeftus :Thank you for all the time you passed or checked my teams and the effort we have been doing together all this time. I couldn't go that far without you

Jariibo : Thanks for your time of showing me how to make this RMT without having to. I really appreciate guys like you and I hope we can play together In blt in the future.

Silverwhiteblue : Though you didn't helped me with this RMT you were always so willing to help me and be friendly and encouraging . One of the best guys in PS thank you friend.

Final Thoughts:
I hope you enjoy my RMT and please tell me your opinions for my team and any changes you have to suggest! And remember Pokemon is all about having fun so try to experiment different things and show us all! LePros out!

Last edited:

fran17

(1999)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi Lepros, nice team there, I've some suggestions to hopefully make your team better!

Taunt over Acrobatics on Mienfoo this will allow you to have a way to stop Shell Smashers to setup in front of you, as you said that they're a threat for your team. Also you can deal with Fighting types pretty well with Foonguss and Fletch.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Taunt

Iron Head over Leech Seed on Ferroseed, this will decrease your Ferroseed's longevity, but you'll be able to check fletchling without having to rely on paras.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

That's all I've, I hope this was useful and gl with the team n__n!

Max Carvalho

Que os jogos comecem
Props on using Stunky.
Your team may have many problems with SunnyBeam Ponyta, an uncommon threat that you probs haven't seen in the ladder so far, but it' still very good. It can easily set Sun up on your Mienoo, Foongus if Sleep Clause ,and Chinchou. What I would suggest in order to allow Chinchou not to be set up fodder to Ponyta and be able to check +2 Tirtouga while giving your team another good option to check fast things, is Choice Scarf Chinchou.
Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 52 Def / 232 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Hidden Power Ground
- Thunderbolt

Note that you are still able to check Fletchling, but then keep in mind you don't have as much reliable recovery. This is also able to lure Diglett, so I highly recommend running Scald, as not only it's more consistent, but you are never luring Diglett in with Hydro Pump in all honesty. I slashed Hydro PumpThe only thing I can think you that this change makes you more weak to is Shellder, which RestTalk chinchou would be a check to. But then, you have much forms ofpriority and Taunt Mienfoo with Fran's sugestion so shouldn't be a problem. As you have 3 checks for Grass-types, luring them might not be that needed, so Hidden Power Ground is a great move in order to check Magnemite if you feel more like it, as only Mienfoo and Stunky can check that threat.
That' all I have to you, good luck with your team, it's pretty good, and hope you stay around ;)
Full credit for Pikasohn, this is Snubs set we talked about on PS! Room
Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thief
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell

Last edited:
Hey Lepros welcome to LC, I really enjoy the team and I have been playing a ton with this also I just see your team is kinda weak to Drilbur but honestly , the metagame is ground weak what makes digglet super broken.

this suggestion is only for personal preference:

Spritzee > Foongus - Reduce your ground weakness as much as keep checking Fighting types and if you want it can give you a WIN CONDITION with the CM Set.

Also add Skrelp , SD Drilburr and Fire hard hitters like Vulpix or Houndour at the threat list

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What up dude! Pretty cool looking team you have here! As a resident LC player and official team rater I would love to help out this team : )

First things first, you do have issues with Archen, and other really hard hitters. Ferroseed is in no way a good switchin to these, simply because it is easily worn down (for one things like Tirtouga or Archen can run Knock Off to lure in some counters of theirs. It simply has no recovery, is needed to switch into things like Scarf Mag or Chinchou, as well as Zigzagoon, can be a fletchling check, etc etc. I recommend swapping this out for Lileep. Lileep provides a more consistent Stealth Rock setter as well as reliable recovery in the form of Recover. While it cannot run Thunder Wave, as Brazilian Army said, the meta is really Ground heavy, with things like Diglett and Drilbur being super strong. Things like Magnemite and Chinchou are also on almost every team, so its not as good of a move as it used to be (in fact its fairly predictable and can easily lead to a loss in momentum). The only thing it can really be useful for in a standard game is to lure in Mienfoo, which you don't really have issues with.

With that your team structure is fairly solid, some move changes and item changes are in order. I recommend running High Jump Kick over Drain Punch on mienfoo, its simply more powerful and breaks through things so much easier. Drain Punch isn't needed since your your team is really reliant on maintaining momentum (Lileep also doesnt eat up as much momentum as Ferroseed does. There you go!), which means that you really want to hit hard and get out, and not stay in and eat attacks like DP Mienfoo does. As already stated, Choice Scarf Chinchou is more reliable than SleepTalk Chinchou is, with Lileep you aren't reliant on keeping Ferro alive and healthy, which means you aren't reliant on keeping Chinchou healthy to check Fletchling. Resttalk is also a really really really big Diglett bait, something I don't recommend having. At least with Scarf you can revenge something with Scald and then still kill Diglett with Scald.

Anyway, that's all I have to offer, I hope that I helped your team friend!

hello Brazilian Army and ThatCrazyRussian ! Your points are very nice and interesting! I surely will change ferro for Lillep because the points you stated are completetely legit and tbh i havent think of this issue in tat way . As already stated scarf chinchou fits better in the meta. I will try the team with both spritzee and snubull trouble to see which is better cause I have thought of them in the 1stplace ( spritzee only ). They are indeed solid clerics. Thanks for all the help guys:D

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
Hi Lepros , I know you got some feedback from some other users im chill with (s/o Brazilian Army ThatCrazyRussian and Max Carvalho ), but I have a different take upon seeing this team. My original impression - and the indication you gave in your introduction and title - is that Stunky was an integral part of the squad since its inception. However, i dont see it doing ~that~ much in the context of the team as currently conceived. It stops Gastly and Abra as it always does, but Abra and Gastly, while annoying, are not particular weaknesses of your team nor do they provide a significant barrier to sweeping (aside from the guaranteed Sash barrier always present with Abra) with Fletchling. So one of my main goals when rating became to add more work for slot 1 (stunky) to do, therefore reducing the burdens slightly of your other five mons. the other main problem cited by you with the team has been Archen - a lack of switchins to and responses for - and i also quested to reduce that weakness. After meditating for a long period and fasting (really just listening to Action Bronson and eating a donut) I have come to some suggestions to aid you with the team.

First off, the concern of giving Stunky more work to do. As built, the team has no problems with Abra or Gastly; Fletch bypasses them pretty easily while having its own set of checks and counters Stunky cant touch. For this reason, I suggest you change your foo to Scarf Mienfoo and use this as your primary wincon / cleaner. Scarffoo is a mon that does a lot of cleaning work, but dislikes seeing Abra and Gastly... enter Stunky, which removes those with ease. It chips away at the Archen weakness, too, as Foo's HJK is a guaranteed OHKO of Offensive or Fast BJ Archen, which are likely the sets you have trouble with.

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- U-turn

Fletchling has been made sort of redundant by the introduction of scarfed mienfoo, which is ok because it exacerbated your Archen weakness. To replace it, i propose the introduction of Ponyta. You've lost a Pawniard switchin by going to Scarffoo, so Ponyta serves as a replacement there. It also checks Fletch with good bulk and burns, fighters (to fill what use to be part of Fletch's job) by coming in on u-turns, and provides a mon Archen cannot switch into for fear of being Will-o-wisped.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-o-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

This pony can afford the tradeoff of 1 Spe for 2 Def points because of Stunky, which comes into the relevant 18 speed mon (Gastly) with ease. Used mainly to spread status with great bulk power and speed, Pony is a great stop to Pawniard.

Keeping on with the theme of reducing the Archen weakness, I would like to suggest a replacement for a now-overshadowed mon on your team. Now that we have Scarfed Mienfoo, Scarfchou (as shrewdly suggested by other raters) is not needed; you also dont want to be saddled with an ineffective slowchou like your current one or a bj varient. So Chou can go, but what to? We can afford slightly less checking of Fletchling now that we pack Impish Ponyta, but we still want a little bit of a Fletchbeater in this Chinchou slot. My recommendation is SD Corphish due to its myriad strong uses. It threatens Archen with Aqua Jet, breaks walls with Swords Dance Crabhammers, and spreads Knock Offs for Mienfoo to sweep. By virtue of being very bulky, it can serve as a backup check for Fletch or Pawniard in a pinch.

Corphish @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Lastly, I, like raters above me, feel that Foongus is not an entirely suitable Fighting-check. This has been made worse by my removal of Fletchling, an important fight-beater in your original squad. For this reason, I suggest a switch to Snubbull, which is a convincing answer to Fight-types. With intimidate, it can act as yet another soft check to mons, like opposing Fletchlings.
Snubbull @ Eviolite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thief
- Heal Bell

This is my personal favorite Snubbs set. While Eviolite sacrifices an opportunity for recovery, it provides more general bulk to cushion direct attacks of perhaps great damage. Use thief after Knock Offs and Heal Bell when you sustain status. Heal Bell > Thunder Wave in this instance because you already spread status but have a bit of a fear of having any mon go into a Will-o-wisp, which Heal Bell can relieve a bit.

Regarding Ferro, I wouldnt remove it like other users are suggesting. I would add Knock Off over Leech Seed - Evios removed from Fighters open up other teams to Foo sweeps. About Stunky, I would suggest Sludge Bomb permanently over Fire Blast, because the inclusion of a Fire mon means catching Ferro is less important while Sludge Bomb allows a team to be opened by hitting a Bomb versus a Fairy, giving space for Foo.

IN SUMMARY:

Stunky / Scarfed Mienfoo / SD Corphish / Impish Pontya / Evio Snubbull / Ferroseed with Knock Off.

These changes suggest a linear offensive format to the team. Ferro / Snubs / Ponyta spread status, Knocks, hazards, and strong moves while pivioting between themselves; Corph can use surprising bulk in conjunction with attack drops to break walls. Mienfoo, with the aid of Stunky, cleans up messes with power and speed. Good luck!

Hello Shrug !! Wow you really did a big job wirting this text just to judge my team! thanks a Lot! As forthe changes i am currently adapting to the Lc meta so I do not really know much about the not-so used Pokemon. I just see that those changes almost completely change my team! All I can say is I am going to adapt them and try the team! thanks a lot again ! Both teams (the RMT i made and the fixed version) did great to ladder with about a 5% loss percentage! So I am just gonna try all the changes you mentioned and see how less used pokemon like corphish are used!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)